Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,055 members, 7,866,982 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:11 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2858) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8883574 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2855) (2856) (2857) (2858) (2859) (2860) (2861) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:21am On May 07, 2016
patrickmuf:
If we fail to win today, then the hope of finishing in the top four spot is gone...
Couple of seasons ago, I think 2005 UCL competition, Liverpool won the UCL but didn't finish in the top four spot (I think Everton did) that year Liverpool returned to the UCL as winners and Everton were knocked out by Villareal in the qualification round (Duncan Ferguson had a goal wrongly disallowed)...Fast forward to 2013 where Chelsea won the UCL but finished in 5th position, that year Tottenham finished fourth but lost their spot to Chelsea who were coming in as previous winners...
Now, to last season, Sevilla won the Europa League but didn't finish in the top four in La Liga but they were admitted into the UCL as winners of the Europa League and the fourth place team went into the UCL via the qualifiers...
From the above, in 2005, Everton were allowed to participate in the qualifiers (thus England had a chance of five team represening the EPL had Everton not lost the qualifiers), in 2014 Tottenham were kicked out in favour of Chelsea (England had four teams), in 2016 Valencia were allowed to participate in the qualifiers from where they got into the UCL proper (thus, spain had 5 teams) I am still not sure it's cast in stone that the fourth placed team will go into the qualifiers should Liverpool or Sevilla win the Europa league...Any body with enough info should please bring it up...

Rules get changed. Top four teams will participate and the winner of EL. So either Spain or England will have 5 teams participating in the next UCL

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:03am On May 07, 2016
patrickmuf:
If we fail to win today, then the hope of finishing in the top four spot is gone...
Couple of seasons ago, I think 2005 UCL competition, Liverpool won the UCL but didn't finish in the top four spot (I think Everton did) that year Liverpool returned to the UCL as winners and Everton were knocked out by Villareal in the qualification round (Duncan Ferguson had a goal wrongly disallowed)...Fast forward to 2013 where Chelsea won the UCL but finished in 5th position, that year Tottenham finished fourth but lost their spot to Chelsea who were coming in as previous winners...
Now, to last season, Sevilla won the Europa League but didn't finish in the top four in La Liga but they were admitted into the UCL as winners of the Europa League and the fourth place team went into the UCL via the qualifiers...
From the above, in 2005, Everton were allowed to participate in the qualifiers (thus England had a chance of five team represening the EPL had Everton not lost the qualifiers), in 2014 Tottenham were kicked out in favour of Chelsea (England had four teams), in 2016 Valencia were allowed to participate in the qualifiers from where they got into the UCL proper (thus, spain had 5 teams) I am still not sure it's cast in stone that the fourth placed team will go into the qualifiers should Liverpool or Sevilla win the Europa league...Any body with enough info should please bring it up...
in 2005 when liverpool won d ucl and didnt make top 4, there was no standing rule as to such occurence in eufa regulations so everton had to be allowed to take part in the ucl play offs. immediately uefa made a regulation dat henceforth any team dat win d ucl and not finish within d allocated slot from its country of origin, such country stands to lose a slot. this was why totenham lost thw slot to chelsea.
the recent issue of sevilla came as a result of a new regulation which gives the europa league winner the opportunity to get an automatic slot for ucl. dat was why valencia finishing fourth in la liga was allowed to take part in d qualifiers.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:04am On May 07, 2016
Dadehmola:

If only your Mother had listened to her parents and stayed in school, she wouldn't be selling local herbs under Falomo bridge and that one-night-stand she had with that unfortunate cart-pushing father of yours wouldnt have resulted in a miserable, dimwitted charlatan such as yourself in the 1st place!

I logged in here to read insightful and educative analysis on issues concerning the club but alas - you had polluted the thread with the same moronìc and retárded assertions that have continually solidified your position as the
most ídiotic poster in the history of the sports section again & again! Pray tell - are you cursed or what??

It isn't your fault though - na our network providers I blame. If only those free 5mb data no dey follow #100 recharge, you for no dey here dey post incoherent jargons that would eternally serve as an embarasment to your kids (if ofcourse, they aren't as deluded as the lunatic they have as a father).

GTFOH!

Can't really hear you barking!
Just as your father, dogs like you can only bark into thin air like the waste beings you are in the first place.
I don't even need to write long epistle to emphasise what a worthless losers you're, just as your useless whoore of a father!
Likke father, like son! What a waste!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 11:05am On May 07, 2016
lekkie073:
in 2005 when liverpool won d ucl and didnt make top 4, there was no standing rule as to such occurence in eufa regulations so everton had to be allowed to take part in the ucl play offs. immediately uefa made a regulation dat henceforth any team dat win d ucl and not finish within d allocated slot from its country of origin, such country stands to lose a slot. this was why totenham lost thw slot to chelsea.
the recent issue of sevilla came as a result of a new regulation which gives the europa league winner the opportunity to get an automatic slot for ucl. dat was why valencia finishing fourth in la liga was allowed to take part in d qualifiers.
You are spot on.

If Liverpool wins the EL, England will have 5 teams in the UCL. If Sevilla wins, Spain will send 6 teams.

Meanwhile, Manure about to capitulate. Thank God for van Gaal. 2 more years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:08am On May 07, 2016
GBR1:
I don tire for this kagawa guy. If he was a rival fan, he would have been easier to deal with. But now he's just like a burden we have to put up with.
Cos' I put an end to your phantom intelligent post?
Lol! The theory spinning master!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 11:08am On May 07, 2016
Did I hear gun shots!

Have I missed the battle, father?
- Commodus.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 11:13am On May 07, 2016
grin
Diademk07:

Can't really hear you barking!
Just as your father, dogs like you can only bark into thin air like the waste beings you are in the first place.
I don't even need to write long epistle to emphasise what a worthless losers you're, just as your useless whoore of a father!
Likke father, like son! What a waste!

"Kagawawa10?" Na your new moniker be dis? Lol.....why did you have to create a new identity in order to reply shots? Abi you dey fear?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 11:22am On May 07, 2016
cry
Dadehmola:

If only your Mother had listened to her parents and stayed in school, she wouldn't be selling local herbs under Falomo bridge and that one-night-stand she had with that unfortunate cart-pushing father of yours wouldnt have resulted in a miserable, dimwitted charlatan such as yourself in the 1st place!

I logged in here to read insightful and educative analysis on issues concerning the club but alas - you had polluted the thread with the same moronìc and retárded assertions that have continually solidified your position as the
most ídiotic poster in the history of the sports section again & again! Pray tell - are you cursed or what??

It isn't your fault though - na our network providers I blame. If only those free 5mb data no dey follow #100 recharge, you for no dey here dey post incoherent jargons that would eternally serve as an embarasment to your kids (if ofcourse, they aren't as deluded as the lunatic they have as a father).

GTFOH!

"Buff Ebele": Nna maradona, dis nairaland man united niggas no dey get chill oh? See as dem finish kagawawa10 family just as dem end my tenure on the throne!

"Ibb Maradona": Walahi no mind that kaga daniska! The boy too dey yarn opats! E good make e learn!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:23am On May 07, 2016
Spy360:

You are spot on.

If Liverpool wins the EL, England will have 5 teams in the UCL. If Sevilla wins, Spain will send 6 teams.

Meanwhile, Manure about to capitulate. Thank God for van Gaal. 2 more years.
The maximum from any given league is 5. So if Sevilla wins it, they join the top 4 teams since a winner of the CL is still among the top 4 teams.

Had the winner of the CL wasn't among the top 4 and a team like Sevilla wins the EL, then the 4th placed team would lose her place.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:34am On May 07, 2016
Elxandre:

Depay is an unproven talent?
Top scorer in his league and a world cup star.

Falcao was an ageing player at 29?
Rojo an Argentine international was a gamble?

I'm sure he already concluded Herrera wasn't his man last season, then why didn't he buy the required midfielders to complement Schneiderlin, or would you buy a Desktop PC without a keyboard?

Why should we be sympathetic with him when he clearly wasted money?

Why does Mourinho win the league so quickly in any job he gets?
That's because he doesn't waste money buying a whole team of misfits.
I actually posted a post to thrash all that which got deleted though.
Let me remind you that Falcao was benched by a sluggish Berbatov at Monaco. If he couldn't hack it in the french league, why would he do it in the Epl? Also, there were rumours that he's 2 years older than what was put as his football age. Whichever ways, he's not pulling trees at Chelsea.
As per Depay, I don't know when he became a worldcup star to begin with. He was never a starter in majority of the matches. He was constantly subbed on to use his pace against tired legs which worked wonders because apart from the fact that the opposition were already tired everytime he came on, no one deem him good enough to warrant any marking. Apart from his goals which was often put on the plate for him, he did nothing else in that worldcup. Infact, Divock Origi was twice the player for Belgium at the worldcup.
Let me also mention that Depay was already playing awful for his national team once he became a starter for them even before Manutd signed him. If he couldn't hack it against the defenders he faced in international friendlies, what make you think he would hack it against EPl defenders? And you're not being serious taking about his exploit in the dutch league. You probably need to see what Dirk Kuyt once did and is still doing in the dutch league presently. How about Ryan Babel? Abeg swerve!
Rojo was nothing spectacular at the world cup. He was solid in a stable argentina defence which was rarely threatened as a result of a certain Mascherano sitting in front it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:38am On May 07, 2016
TheNonce:
grin

"Kagawawa10?" Na your new moniker be dis? Lol.....why did you have to create a new identity in order to reply shots? Abi you dey fear?

Why don't you check the date of this moniker before spewing rubbish?
What fear when I'm still here replying that whoore by the way?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 11:44am On May 07, 2016
chrisley024:
The maximum from any given league is 5. So if Sevilla wins it, they join the top 4 teams since a winner of the CL is still among the top 4 teams.

Had the winner of the CL wasn't among the top 4 and a team like Sevilla wins the EL, then the 4th placed team would lose her place.
Thanks man. So you get sense like this? Wonder shall never end o!
cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:50am On May 07, 2016
slimghost:
Anybody still arguing with this kagawa dude is also sick in the head. Dude should be permanently ignored. Such an ignorant fellow....knows next to nothing about footie. lol
Lol!
You know the saying that if people don't talk about you, then you're a nobody!
You're really the definition of nobody here becuse you're so useless that nobody even knows if you exist! Probably those still butthurt in the politics section.
Yeye!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:53am On May 07, 2016
Memphis my nigga dey start today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:00pm On May 07, 2016
ollah1:
The major problem of LVG IMO is tinkering with the team. He tinkers a lot. Ranieri barely tinkered with his team and it worked out eventually.

Regarding Madrid ish, Zidane is a legend(loved Perez and the fans). I doubt any player in the squad wld wanna fvck with him regardless of your ego (he got his too anyways). Benitez was never loved in Madrid since the days he was a Valencia coach just the way he wasn't loved at Chelsea cos of the rivalry between then and Liverpool while he was at the helm. He denied them two UCLs.

The players put their all to play for Zidane compared to Benitez who could bench James even if he's unfit while Zizou does that however he likes and Perez will keep shut despite the love he has for him.

So all in all. Zidane can't be compared to Benitez at all. They are miles apart. Zizou could have a better man management tho but it's easier for him in Madrid cos he their legend
You can't blame him for tinkering when players get injured like Bastian and Carrick, fails to perform like Mata and Herrera etc.
If a team are playing well like the Leicester team, only a senile coach would tinker such team.
Even Raineri did some tinkering as he didn't start Kante at the beginning because he wasn't the signing the coach wanted not until Kante forced his way into the team with his constant impressive performance as subs.
I would even say it's as a result of tinkering that we were able to unearth the gem of Rashford and Fosu-mensah.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:07pm On May 07, 2016
TheNonce:
cry
"Buff Ebele": Nna maradona, dis nairaland man united niggas no dey get chill oh? See as dem finish kagawawa10 family just as dem end my tenure on the throne!
"Ibb Maradona": Walahi no mind that kaga daniska! The boy too dey yarn opats! E good make e learn!

Under normal circumstances, i no dey ply that route but the cúm slurping fággot signed his death warrant himself the day he posted this..

Kagawa10:

Na your papa be fool!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 12:09pm On May 07, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Majority of the r. Madrid people never wanted the man,
Is Rafa now suddenly a bad coach despite all he has achieved in football?

One will always be more important than IMO is the players
their is a limit to what a great coach can do with a mediocre team but an ordinary manager may win it all with a great squad look at Frank rijkaard (barca) and sven(lazio and England) who both overtime has proven to be ordinary without the abundants of talented they use to possess.
Leicester,porto(ucl) or ATM are all anomalies in football,the players talent is the ultimate decider of who wins at the end, particularly in the domestic league.
I totally agree with this logic.

Leicester were a one off. They were not spectacular, they were just very efficient in the execution of their tactics. Even Ranieri has admitted that it will take another 20years for a team like his to win the EPL.

Again, at the long run, teams with the best players will always excel.

Take again for example, is Vardy better than Aguero or Kane?

Aha!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:11pm On May 07, 2016
match squad. make we forget all this unnecessary story na.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:12pm On May 07, 2016
SIRcumalot:
Memphis my nigga dey start today.
I would have preferred him in the centre role with Martial on the wing. That wing is too weak with Mata and Memphis whom we don't know how he's gonna perform.
The midfield of Carrick and Rooney would also be slow as feck, I hope Lingard pace would be enough to compensate for the sluggish 2. Well, it's Norwich but we shouldn't forget that Norwich also have something to play for, just as ours. They may make it difficult for us.
How the mighty has fallen! Just look at our midfield nd wing yet some would still come up with trash that our squad is a great squad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:14pm On May 07, 2016
Dadehmola:

Under normal circumstances, i no dey ply that route but the cúm slurping fággot signed his death warrant himself the day he posted this..

Because that's exactly what your father is!
A senile dog just like yourself!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:21pm On May 07, 2016
Spy360:

I totally agree with this logic.

Leicester were a one off. They were not spectacular, they were just very efficient in the execution of their tactics. Even Ranieri has admitted that it will take another 20years for a team like his to win the EPL.

Again, at the long run, teams with the best players will always excel.

Take again for example, is Vardy better than Aguero or Kane?

Aha!
Vardy isn't better but it's not his fault that Aguero has regressed this season, probably due to the constant injury or David Silva and Yaya having some slumps as a result of old age.
As per Kane, no one can say if one is better than the other though. I was even more impressed with Vardy when both played for England.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:22pm On May 07, 2016
Diademk07:

I would have preferred him in the centre role with Martial on the wing. That wing is too weak with Mata and Memphis whom we don't know how he's gonna perform.
The midfield of Carrick and Rooney would also be slow as feck, I hope Lingard pace would be enough to compensate for the sluggish 2. Well, it's Norwich but we shouldn't forget that Norwich also have something to play for, just as ours. They may make it difficult for us.
How the mighty has fallen! Just look at our midfield nd wing yet some would still come up with trash that our squad is a great squad.
I have my blinders on when It comes to Memphis I may curse him sometimes but it is from a place of love.
I don't expect Norwich to be much of a fight so Memphis can build his confidence all those five minutes cameo no dey help anybody.

it is not my place but dadehmola and you should stop cursing each other
na soccer una come online to discuss and this your cursing is getting in the way and ruining it for others too.

Utd to win five goals to nothing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:35pm On May 07, 2016
Anthony Martial injured in warm-up. Ander Herrera replaces him.

What sort of warm- up they do
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:37pm On May 07, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I have my blinders on when It comes to Memphis I may curse him sometimes but it is from a place of love.
I don't expect Norwich to be much of a fight so Memphis can build his confidence all those five minutes cameo no dey help anybody.

it is not my place but dadehmola and you should stop cursing each other
na soccer una come online to discuss and this your cursing is getting in the way and ruining it for others too.

Utd to win five goals to nothing.
I suffer no prisoner though! That's my way whether here or in the politics. I only insult eediots who start the ball rolling.
If you don't want dirtbag, don't bring it come my way!
C'est fini!
As per Norwich. Granted it's a poor team but they are fighting to avoid relegation nd might make it difficult for Martial in the striker role which isn't often his cup of tea. That's why I would have loved if Memphis played in the centre because he's often been decent in the centre whether in the striker role or SS like he did at the start of the season..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:38pm On May 07, 2016
who give LVG glass to wear
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:39pm On May 07, 2016
chrisley024:

injured ke, mk I dey go back house..
Th match fit be lik the first leg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:39pm On May 07, 2016
chrisley024:

Wow!
Just hope it's not serious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 12:52pm On May 07, 2016
Rojo is super useless!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:56pm On May 07, 2016
chrisley024:

Good bye to top four.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 07, 2016
Darmian sef don injurre. I think we've had more injuries than goals this season....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 1:06pm On May 07, 2016
olabode89:
Rojo is super useless!

Not as useless as that thing wearing number 7

We have got a very average first eleven.... years back, some of these first eleven players we celebrate so much would be substitutes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:06pm On May 07, 2016
We will need a miracle to win this game.

Where's Young? Would have preferred the guy to this unserious Mensis angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (2855) (2856) (2857) (2858) (2859) (2860) (2861) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.