Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,955 members, 7,866,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:00 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3033) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8882297 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3030) (3031) (3032) (3033) (3034) (3035) (3036) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nihilist:

I think that was a massive hint....

A striker that is "maybe not a striker anymore". A player that is implied to be unable to pass under pressure in deeper positions.

I think even Stevie Wonder can see this one.

It's not enough to have appetite. I have the appetites to bangg two girls 5 times a day for a whole year...doesn't mean I wont die if I tried it.

He didn’t imply Rooney cannot pass in deeper position. He implied that passing in deeper position is easy, hence Rooney is too big to play there. He should be fighting for the more advanced positions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
we don already prepare the altar,Mata will be sacrificed for Rooney to play behind the striker .
so Rooney will get his playing time. no worries.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
Sinizia, welcome back...

Elampiro, i can see you're being insincere about Rooney again. You can say anything to defend this guy; i'm not surprised. I would address your posts shortly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
elampiro:

This is not what Mourinho means. He meant passes are easier in deeper positions.

That same place Rooney made great/sexy passes in Wembley and our last league games is where many have failed to complete simple Square passes in previous games.
Nonsense. Mourinho point about Rooney playing in midfield goes beyond what you're claiming. Rooney cannot play well in midfield when he's pressed and it goes beyond just passing. In the West ham game for example, we saw exactly how bad Rooney could play when it gets tough. His already bad touch gets worse gets worse in those situations. Top midfielders know how to manage such situations well unlike Rooney. He was never trained to be a midfielder and he can never become a top midfielder. Another thing is Rooney's inconsistency even against poor sides. For example Rooney had some OK performances earlier in the euros but had a terrible game against Iceland who weren't even a top side. How many games in Euros did England play for Rooney to already have such a bad display? Then you consider how many of those kind of performances Rooney would have over the course of a season with 38 games in the league alone, cups games and games in Europe. It would be a disaster.

Mourinho is stating that playing in his midfield goes beyond just passing, that he himself is capable of that. Playing in midfield is not necessarily easier than playing in attack; Maybe for Rooney yes but he's attacker not a midfielder. It's because he's not good enough in attack and that's why he's trying to shoehorn himself into the midfield. Rooney himself said he sees his future in midfield. http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36318880

Elampiro tell me why Rooney wants to play in the midfield in the first place since now you're admitting it's easier? Rooney knows his attacking abilities have waned and he's not good enough again in attack but when we were telling you this you denied it and said Rooney is still a world class forward and that he can deliver. Now you're admitting that it's easier to play in midfield and that's why Rooney wants to play there. You see how your lies are coming back to hunt and hurt you? grin

Mourinho is telling him now that he either plays in attack or nothing. What does this mean for Rooney? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
GBR1:
Sinizia, welcome back...

Elampiro, i can see you're being insincere about Rooney again. You can say anything to defend this guy; i'm not surprised. I would address your posts shortly.

There is no insincerity here.

Just answer this question, which position is easier to make passes, 8 or 10?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
grin grin

When United supporters on Nairaland finally meet Kagawa 10 in person.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:39pm On Jul 05, 2016
wink

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
Rooney might not get an automatic place this time. Mourinho will try to bring the best out of him in the forward roles. But keeping a place there will depend on Rooney’s ability to reinvent himself in the forward positions. He might just do it playing with Ibrahimovic. We have to wait and see.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 6:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
elampiro:
Rooney might not get an automatic place this time. Mourinho will try to bring the best out of him in the forward roles. But keeping a place there will depend on Rooney’s ability to reinvent himself in the forward positions. He might just do it playing with Ibrahimovic. We have to wait and see.
Reinvent what? I thought you used to claim Rooney is a world class forward?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
elampiro:
An Ibra-Rooney combo upfront lack pace. Without pace in attack as far as EPL is concerned = piss & shiit!

In fact Jose has no choice but to field runners either side of Ibrahimovic. Ibra is not going to be busting a gut latching onto through passes. We have to deploy him the exact same way he was deployed @ PSG, which is more or less a laid-back no. 9 (can't find a suitable description). Any other na fafafafowl
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
Pogba starts following four man united stars
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
SailorXY:

An Ibra-Rooney combo upfront lack pace. Without pace in attack as far as EPL is concerned = piss & shiit!

In fact Jose has no choice but to field runners either side of Ibrahimovic. Ibra is not going to be busting a gut latching onto through passes. We have to deploy him the exact same way he was deployed @ PSG, which is more or less a laid-back no. 9 (can't find a suitable description). Any other na fafafafowl
Good point. A 10 doesn't necessarily need to be as fast as wingers and i think Rooney's pace would do but a slow Zlatan upfront makes it complicated and again Zlatan also likes to drop deep sometimes to receive the ball like a 10 and creating chances for those ahead of him like he does at PSG, so the middle could get clusterred and some players need to be making those extra runs.
Mikhi is very fast but his pace is not electric like Martial's or Mane's and now we might end up having 4 forwards with an 'effective' average pace.

If Mourinho is really interested in Pogba, then he's planning to play 4-3-3 with Pogba as the farthest midfielder upfront because Pogba cannot play in a two man midfield. Now if Pogba is gonna be the farthest midfielder upfront, then Rooney has no place in midfield since Jose has said he's not gonna play him as an 8 or 6. That leaves Rooney only one option; playing as a CF and competing with Zlatan. I hope Mourinho knows what he's doing because it's not looking good for Rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
parrotibaba:
Facts in football...

20. Louis Van Gaal and David Moyes attended the same Tactical Management School.

No wonder! angry undecided

Haba!

Parrot where you see this "fact"?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
GBR1:

Good point. A 10 doesn't necessarily need to be as fast as wingers and i think Rooney's pace would do but a slow Zlatan upfront makes it complicated and again Zlatan also likes to drop deep sometimes to receive the ball like a 10 and creating chances for those ahead of him like he does at PSG, so the middle could get clusterred and some players need to be making those extra runs.
Mikhi is very fast but his pace is not electric like Martial's or Mane's and now we might end up having 4 forwards with an 'effective' average pace.

If Mourinho is really interested in Pogba, then he's planning to play 4-3-3 with Pogba as the farthest midfielder upfront because Pogba cannot play in a two man midfield. Now if Pogba is gonna be the farthest midfielder upfront, then Rooney has no place in midfield since Jose has said he's not gonna play him as an 8 or 6. That leaves Rooney only one option; playing as a CF and competing with Zlatan. I hope Mourinho knows what he's doing because it's not looking good for Rooney.
If it's 4-3-3 then I don't see the position Rooney is best for as @ current players.

- - - - - - - - - de Gea - - - - - - - -
Valencia - Smalling - Jones - Shaw
- Morgan - - Carrick - - Hererra -
Henrikh - - Ibrahimovic - - Martial

Form dependent tho but this is about the best I can think of
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
dopeJemi:
I bet Depay is inclusive.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
dopeJemi:

The paparazzis have arrived
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
SailorXY:

I bet Depay is inclusive.

Didn't check to see the players sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
Leyqute:

The paparazzis have arrived

Lol, don get sha.... omo I don high die
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
GBR1:

Reinvent what? I thought you used to claim Rooney is a world class forward?

How is he not a world class forward?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
SailorXY:

Yes you have a point. We need pace in attack.

But Cavani is not exactly pacing. We will begin to see things from pre-season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
elampiro:

Why did you claim he needs to reinvent himself in the forward positions if he's world class? World class players don't need to do anything like that.

Why did Rooney want to play in midfield instead of as forward? You claim it's easier to play in midfield, right? That means Rooney chose to play where it's easier according to you. So why does Rooney find it harder to play as a forward if he's world class?

Your entire logic is in a loop and you have put yourself in a fix. You've been saying nonsense for a long time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
elampiro:

He is quite obviously no longer a world class forward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
Do I sense another beat down ? grin
I can see nihilist viewing too cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
GBR1:

Why did you claim he needs to reinvent himself in the forward positions if he's world class? World class players don't need to do anything like that.

Why did Rooney want to play in midfield instead of as forward? You claim it's easier to play in midfield, right? That means Rooney chose to play where it's easier according to you. So why does Rooney find it harder to play as a forward if he's world class?

Your entire logic is in a loop and you have put yourself in a fix. You've been saying nonsense for a long time.

Elampiro just needs to understand that Rooney's star has faded.

I remember Carragher saying something about Rooney. This guy has been playing football at the very highest level for the past 12 years. Even though his birth certificate says 30, he has the body of a 35 year old man. When you consider that he has had no real serious injury during his career and factor in his lack of fastidiousness when it comes to diet, it's no surprise that his body can no longer perform at the required level
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2016
I wouldn't even want to think about formations till Mourinho has gotten all the players he wants and has gotten rid of those he does not need. I am just happy to have a man in charge who knows what he wants and is decisive about it. He says it how it is and is not hiding behind any silly philosophy. Exciting times ahead at Old Trafford again after the dross of the last three seasons.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
Leyqute:

Haba!

Parrot where you see this "fact"?
Person post am for nairaland

www.nairaland.com/3204299/some-strange-true-amazing-football
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
Make Mourinho no start ibra and Rooney together, because that attack will be slow as f'ck, which begs the question...

Which position will fit rooney in this team that will cause less damage?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
elampiro:

Why will a world class forward be pushed to the midfield so that 18-year old Rashford can be the top striker?

Please accept that Rooney's days are gone so we can avoid a 10-page debate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 9:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
SailorXY:

Shebi he see your 2nd trophyless position before he join 5th position?

Nyashnal fans be consoling themselves with unimportant gossip since the new millennium.
The last time you finished out of the top 4, you signed Di Maria, what happened?

Last season I was here when you guys were moaning about Depay, Schneiderlin, Blind, Darmian, Schweini, infact you cried your hearts out about all your signings except Martial. Martial that Giroud is even better than (SMH furiously). Soon what we would be seeing here would be...

Mourinho na bastard, #MouOut

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
Leyqute:

Why will a world class forward be pushed to the midfield so that 18-year old Rashford can be the top striker?

Please accept that Rooney's days are gone so we can avoid a 10-page debate.

Looking across Europe...one finds that world class forwards are played where they belong...to strike. But our dear Rooney is one minute a world class forward in brother dayos book n at other times a midfield maestro in the mould of the scholes n pirlos of this world. A world class forward that can't even be left to play there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
elampiro:

He didn’t imply Rooney cannot pass in deeper position. He implied that passing in deeper position is easy, hence Rooney is too big to play there. He should be fighting for the more advanced positions.
common don't make it sound nice...

He meant Rooney was shitty as a midfielder. He should either be scoring goals or clapping for those who do. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (3030) (3031) (3032) (3033) (3034) (3035) (3036) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.