Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,941 members, 7,848,787 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:21 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3052) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8832298 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:10am On Jul 11, 2016
GloryIsaac:

You right... team needs balance esp tall and physical ones so we dont start hearing Lvg's type of excuse that our players are short e.t.c...

But i think Juve would never sell Bonucci to anybody, mou did well in picking out Bailly, And as for Pogba, he's to full of himself, i'll prefer Matuidi and Schneiderlin as our Dm....
Maybe he preferred Bailey because he's from the Spainish league which is more athletic in nature, compared to the Serie A.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:01am On Jul 11, 2016
Elxandre:

Nah bro ! smiley

His talent has been evident for the past few years.

I still insist that we can't judge by just 6 games for France.

The guy has been on fire in the league and champions league for two years now.

As talented as Ronaldo is, he had an poor tournament in World cup 2010, that didn't mean hadn't "arrived".

Though I wouldn't pay above €50 million for Pogba.

Edit...
Pogba wasn't even really box to box yesterday, and that is his best role.
He had an average season at Juve as well, he only came to live when he was pushed up into an attacking midfield role in the latter part of the season. Even as an attacking midfielder, he really didn't do much other than to display his needles tricks and take countless of shots but at least, he looked threatening..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
Claroo:

Same rubbish statement was made at the viewing centre I saw d match.
People can be so sentimental.. smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 1:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
Raiola (Pogba's agent): “There is a lot of talk about Paul’s future, but maybe he will not leave Juventus. He is in no rush to leave, and Juventus do not want him to go. They want him to renew his contract. Paul is not desperate to move. We are very happy at Juventus and they are a club that want to keep their star players.”

I hope this is true. In as much as I like Pogba to be in our team, the fee being bandied about is just too much that i don't want the transfer to go through.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2016
Juve abeg don't sell oooo!
Jose should look for another midfielder
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
This Pogba sef no smart. He needs to learn better from Merefish. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2016
Elxandre:

Nah bro ! smiley

His talent has been evident for the past few years.

I still insist that we can't judge by just 6 games for France.

The guy has been on fire in the league and champions league for two years now.

As talented as Ronaldo is, he had an poor tournament in World cup 2010, that didn't mean hadn't "arrived".

Though I wouldn't pay above €50 million for Pogba.

Edit...
Pogba wasn't even really box to box yesterday, and that is his best role.

Which champions league? The one being played in Europe or where? Biko, mention me one high profile champions league game where actually showed up to play football...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
bykebyke:
Sircumalot wetin I tell you about Griezzfool? angry angry
I go still rather we pay ATM 120million than give Juve that money for pogba maybe grab that Newcastle for cheap money.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
If only Pogba played like Sissoko did at the Finals.

I think he is a good player to have in our team but that 100M - 120M pounds is just ridiculous.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
wink

MY EURO TEAM OF THE TOURNAMENT XI;

Gk: Hugo lloris( france)

Rb: Kimmich (germany)

Lb: Evra (france)

Cb: Pepe(portugal)

Cb: Umtiti( france)

Cm: kroos( germany)

Cm: Modric( croatia)

Cam: Pogba( france)

Lw: Bale( wales)

Rw: Griezmann (france)

Cf: Ivan perisic( croatia)

Formation: 4-3-3(flexible jogo)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
TheNonce:
wink

MY EURO TEAM OF THE TOURNAMENT XI;

Gk: Hugo lloris( france)

Rb: Kimmich (germany)

Lb: Evra (france)

Cb: Pepe(portugal)

Cb: Umtiti( france)

Cm: kroos( germany)

Cm: Modric( croatia)

Cam: Pogba( france)

Lw: Bale( wales)

Rw: Griezmann (france)

Cf: Ivan perisic( croatia)

Formation: 4-3-3(flexible jogo)

undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
liveLongNprospa:
undecided

Are you suffering from acute malaria? Or comprehension issues? Why so sad!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
RuuDie:

Pogba and Zlatan in ManUtd... just expect two empty vessels who will only show up in games against the likes of Tirana Torpedos, Layton orient and Yeovil.
I wonder what satisfaction you derive from writing off players before they even step on the pitch.
Zlatan is now an empty vessel who'll only turn up against Babanawa FC?
Do you think we have a striker? Without the turn up of a certain academy lad to work on same wavelength with Martial last season I can't even begin to imagine how worse the season could have been. We still ranked around 4th from bottom on the log of attempts on goal.

We have to give Jose a chance & trust his judgment. This is the least he deserves for now.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
Turns out the premier league was the top scoring league at The euros.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
SailorXY:
I wonder what satisfaction you derive from writing off players before they even step on the pitch.
Do you think we have a striker? Without the turn up of a certain academy lad to work on same wavelength with Martial last season I can't even begin to imagine how worse the season might have been.

We have to give Jose a chance & trust his judgment. This is the least he deserves for now.
u know say every fan believes he knows the exact player dat would deliver for d team.
just the way everybody believes he or she can be better than fashola if given the chance to govern Lagos. ppl wey never even smell class captain
na so dem talk when martial arrived.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
Cr7 gave his silver boot award to nani #Boss

Chairman de clear space for 2017 balon d'or grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
Am I the only one Joao Mario impressed? Dude is good!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
grin

Good News:
Pogba is likely to stay at Juventus for another Year according to his Agent!

Seems José Mourinho has finally seen the light! Woodward should rather sign Matuidi!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
SailorXY:
Do you think we have a striker? Without the turn up of a certain academy lad to work on same wavelength with Martial last season I can't even begin to imagine how worse the season could have been. We still ranked around 4th from bottom on the log of attempts on goal.

Guy. I will "manage" Rooney as my center-forward any day over Zlatan. I hate players who only "showboat" and "window-dress" - that is all Zlatan is to me. CR7 is a showman, but at least he "works the talk". Zlatan is no better than Niclaus Bendtner abeg - all shakara, no hard evidence to back it. If he proves me wrong and is a hit, I will gladly eat the humble pie, till then I am not ready to give him any benefit of doubt whatsoever!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
anybody judging pogba by this euros is not being fair. Muller was not at his best so also are ronaldo, martial, de bruyne and a host of other recognized stars. what I observed with the French team from onset is dat there is no clear definition of roles and responsibilities between matuidi pogba and by extension the final match involving sisoko. watch the juventus team and see how pogba excels in a clearly defined role. even against barca in the 2015 ucl finals his impact was felt. and for f**k sake this is is a pkayer dat still has the chance to improve.

while the price is outrageous, it doesn't mean his addition into any team wouldn't be appreciated. even though we don't sign him, u should still expect to see pogba improve by the day.

this is a player with the highest assist in serie A this past season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
RuuDie:

Guy. I will "manage" Rooney as my center-forward any day over Zlatan. I hate players who only "showboat" and "window-dress" - that is all Zlatan is to me. CR7 is a showman, but at least he "works the talk". Zlatan is no better than Niclaus Bendtner abeg - all shakara, no hard evidence to back it. If he proves me wrong and is a hit, I will gladly eat the humble pie, till then I am not ready to give him any benefit of doubt whatsoever!
there is nothing u can do to it....he is already the man to lead d line when d season starts. start baking ur humble pie.

bendtner will never score 50 goals if he top strike for PSG the way zlatan did last season. #fact

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
RuuDie:
it is like you choose not to remember how "manageable" Rooney was @ the start of last season. we had to scramble for an unknown Martial.
let us move on cuz this subject no even get head, but @ least the little we can do now is trust Jose's judgment. no need struggling/hoping to place yourself in position of the person that'll say "shebi i talk am?"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
lekkie073:
there is nothing u can do to it....he is already the man to lead d line when d season starts. start baking ur humble pie.

bendtner will never score 50 goals if he top strike for PSG the way zlatan did last season. #fact

Of course, he is in the team already. I never said I can do anything about it, just voicing my opposition. Humble pie is there, no shaking.

Which is exactly my point... on the big stage, those big nights when you need the biggest of stars to rise and shine, Zlatan is usually missing!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
SailorXY:
it is like you choose not to remember how "manageable" Rooney was @ the start of last season. we had to scramble for an unknown Martial.
let us move on cuz this subject no even get head, but @ least the little we can do now is trust Jose's judgment. no need struggling/hoping to place yourself in position of the person that'll say "shebi i talk am?"

No struggle dey here... I voice my own, you voice yours. in the end, we go use our eyes see and ears hear!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
RuuDie:

Of course, he is in the team already. I never said I can do anything about it, just voicing my opposition. Humble pie is there, no shaking.

Which is exactly my point... on the big stage, those big nights when you need the biggest of stars to rise and shine, Zlatan is usually missing!
in hia first season with barca he scored d only goal in an El clasico match at camp nou
while playing for inter he scored against juventus, as well as acmilan....
while playing for acmilan he scored against inter....

r all these not big occasions?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
grin grin Wetin we no go read for here.. As for me o, i will pick Zlatan over and over again over Rooney
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:04am On Jul 12, 2016
lekkie073:
anybody judging pogba by this euros is not being fair. Muller was not at his best so also are ronaldo, martial, de bruyne and a host of other recognized stars. what I observed with the French team from onset is dat there is no clear definition of roles and responsibilities between matuidi pogba and by extension the final match involving sisoko. watch the juventus team and see how pogba excels in a clearly defined role. even against barca in the 2015 ucl finals his impact was felt. and for f**k sake this is is a pkayer dat still has the chance to improve.

while the price is outrageous, it doesn't mean his addition into any team wouldn't be appreciated. even though we don't sign him, u should still expect to see pogba improve by the day.

this is a player with the highest assist in serie A this past season.

You really need to read Fowler's damming verdict on Flopgba before you defend the wacko. Flopgba has rarely stood out in any important match. During the days of Pirlo and Vidal, he was dominated by them. Even after they left, the fool is not yet the outstanding player at Juve. Only beasts that perform week in, week out are valued at £100M. I wouldn't touch Flopgba with a 10 meters pole if I was a Coach!!.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 6:45am On Jul 12, 2016
Lol

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:49am On Jul 12, 2016
lekkie073:
in hia first season with barca he scored d only goal in an El clasico match at camp nou
while playing for inter he scored against juventus, as well as acmilan....
while playing for acmilan he scored against inter....

r all these not big occasions?

You're trying too hard... where was he in all the "big" UCL games PSG needed him to step up. For Sweden nkor... Zlatan has only scored 8 goals in 37 UCL knockout appearances. Abeg, even our derelict wazza try pass so jare.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:45am On Jul 12, 2016
Someone is saying Zlatan is not better than Bendtner? You don't rate Zlatan but you rate Lee Cattermole, Marcos Rojo and David Moyes? grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:45am On Jul 12, 2016
RuuDie:

but how many 'big nights' are we going to be playing next season?
Perhaps if uncle moyes and grandpa lvg had zlatan to perform on the 'small nights' their stories would have been different

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:51am On Jul 12, 2016
PietroRico:
but how many 'big nights' are we going to be playing next season?
Perhaps if uncle moyes and grandpa lvg ha zlatan to perform on the 'small nights' their stories wound have been different

LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: akwesenana and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.