Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,177 members, 7,860,230 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:03 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8859144 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3050) (3051) (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) (3056) ... (14213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 9:12am On Jul 12, 2016
@olabode89
Did you see how that dangbana Jon Jones denied us of an epic fight

Brock suprised me as well dominating Hunt from start to finish

RuuDie:

Guy. I will "manage" Rooney as my center-forward any day over Zlatan. I hate players who only "showboat" and "window-dress" - that is all Zlatan is to me. CR7 is a showman, but at least he "works the talk". Zlatan is no better than Niclaus Bendtner abeg - all shakara, no hard evidence to back it. If he proves me wrong and is a hit, I will gladly eat the humble pie, till then I am not ready to give him any benefit of doubt whatsoever!
He's just a shyte Andy Carroll. Hehehehe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 9:16am On Jul 12, 2016
joeace2020:
Lol
Still won zilch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:10am On Jul 12, 2016
Kante is on the verge of Chelsea move by the way. He would probably be Conte's Vidal in the midfield.
I wonder why Arsene overlooked him when he was ready to move there, he would have been the perfect partner for Xhaka in the midfield, maybe Arsene is banking on Ramsey and Elney but they are all inferior to Kante.
He would soon come out to say he almost signed him... Like he did with Martial, Ronaldo, Hazard etc.
Lol!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by stylochime: 10:55am On Jul 12, 2016
PietroRico:
but how many 'big nights' are we going to be playing next season?
Perhaps if uncle moyes and grandpa lvg had zlatan to perform on the 'small nights' their stories would have been different
I Agree.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:58am On Jul 12, 2016
Personally, the young midfielders who has what it takes to replicate the era of Scholes, Xavi and Pirlo, Bastian are Verratti, Kroos, Oliver Torres, Koke and Xhaka.
If I were to be a coach, I would try making move for one of them, especially Oliver Torres who seems to be readily available out of the four. This was a player who not only outclassed and dominated the 100mil man, Pogba at the u20 worldcup but also, outclassed Bayern midfield in the CL while he was on loan at Porto. I need to say that he was Porto best midfielder that very season as well.
People often talk about the likes of Pogba and Thiago Alcantatra but they are no playmakers. As a matter of fact, Thiago's best performance for Bayern was alongside Kroos who was constantly dictating the play while Thiago was the attacking midfielder in Bayern 3-man midfield.
I also remembered how the Spanish euro U21 team looked erratic and unbalanced with Thiago as the deeplying playmaker against Russia in their first match not until Koke was brought into the midfield as the deeplying playmker and Thiago had to be pushed forward as the attacking midfielder. I guess that's why I still regard Koke as a future great deeplying playmaker in the making because he was really impressive and did far better in the midfield than Thiago in that u21 euro tournament.
Sadly, Simeone seems to underutilise him on the wing like he did with Oliver Torres although Koke's doing fine there, probably due to his fantastic accurate crosses into the box.
There's no need to talk about Verratti and Kroos btw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 12, 2016
Diademk07:
Kante is on the verge of Chelsea move by the way. He would probably be Conte's Vidal in the midfield.
I wonder why Arsene overlooked him when he was ready to move there, he would have been the perfect partner for Xhaka in the midfield, maybe Arsene is banking on Ramsey and Elney but they are all inferior to Kante.
He would soon come out to say he almost signed him... Like he did with Martial, Ronaldo, Hazard etc.
Lol!
If he signs him what role will Cazorla Wilshere Coq Ramsey et al play? U just wanna give the old man selection headache . All Wenger needs are a prolific CB and Striker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
So Ruudie u prefer this current Rooney to Zlatan? Abi shey no be u talk say Ihenacho is better than Aguero??

Lol. U're related to elampiro. U just dont know it yet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

If he signs him what role will Cazorla Wilshere Coq Ramsey et al play? U just wanna give the old man selection headache . All Wenger needs are a prolific CB and Striker
Coq and Xhaka plays in the same position although has different roles. The former is a holding DM while the latter is a holding deeplying playmaker. Hence, Xhaka would likely require a box-box DM like Kante alongside him unless you all want to see ''the red card waiting to happen'' side of Xhaka.
That said, Ramsey seems to look more like an attacking midfielder who thrives better closer to goal than in deep midfield while Wilshere doesn't have the name 'Wheelchair' for nothing. More so, he hasn't developed much of his game, he's still the same teenager he was when he broke out.
The only player that could have a say is Cazorla who's a fantastic midfielder with lot of engine, reminiscent of a box-box engine. However, he's no DM and he's injury prone. This leaves only the average-decent Elney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
Happy married life to Schweinsteiger!

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2016
diakem07

I am impressed with some of your analysis. You should be a Bayern fan you are too good to be supporting an EPL team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2016
adeyemi2015:
if na naija wedding now.. Full family go dey quarrel grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
adeyemi2015:
his United colleagues didn't show up?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
raumdeuter:
diakem07

I am impressed with some of your analysis. You should be a Bayern fan you are too good to be supporting an EPL team

How is Kante a Box-box MF & most importantly, how is he similar to your Vidal in that regard?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:32pm On Jul 12, 2016
Dadehmola:
How is Kante a Box-box MF & most importantly, how is he similar to your Vidal?

Kante is a pure DM and Vidal is a box to box

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
afrodoc2:

Someone is saying Zlatan is not better than Bendtner? You don't rate Zlatan but you rate Lee Cattermole, Marcos Rojo and David Moyes? grin
Lmao... Wetin we no go read
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Toor
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
SailorXY:
his United colleagues didn't show up?
grin
They've resumed pre-season training while the rest are enjoying Holiday!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 3:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
United dey Fall
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
Diademk07:
Lol!
We chose Xhaka ahead of Kante. Because Xhaka > Kante. Simple.

Tell me, is United worth the Pogba stress? I guess not.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Diakemk07 would not agree. Would he?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
raumdeuter:
diakem07

You know say Dortmund na my second team sha? That means there's no way I'll be a Bayern fan.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
Spy360:

Diakemk07 would not agree. Would he?
I regard both as box-box. Vidal looks more of an offensive box-box CM while Kante is more defensive type although he hasn't had the chance to operate in a team that exploits his offensive side. I watched his Caen highlight and he looked good offensively as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
Spy360:

We chose Xhaka ahead of Kante. Because Xhaka > Kante. Simple.

Xhaka and Kante don't play in the same position nor operate in the same way.
Xhaka is an holding deeplying playmaker while Kante is a box-box DM. Forget about the way France tried to mould him into a new Makele which he's not. He looked good in the role but his best position is still as an all action defensive midfielder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
Spy360:

it would appear it has died a natural death with his agent's last words.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
Diademk07:

Xhaka and Kante don't play in the same position nor operate in the same way.
Xhaka is an holding deeplying playmaker while Kante is a box-box DM. Forget about the way France tried to mould him into a new Makele which he's not. He looked good in the role but his best position is still as an all action defensive midfielder.
We have Coquelin and Elneny. We want Xhaka to partner them together with Cazorla who is aging. We don't want/need Kante.

As good as Kante is, he may struggle playing the Arsenal way. Kante thrives when the pressure is on his side, when his side is on the defensive and hopes to counter. Arsenal don't do defensive. WE ARE ARSENAL. We attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
Spy360:

We have Coquelin and Elneny. We want Xhaka to partner them together with Cazorla who is aging. We don't want/need Kante.

As good as Kante is, he may struggle playing the Arsenal way. Kante thrives when the pressure is on his side, when his side is on the defensive and hopes to counter. Arsenal don't do defensive. WE ARE ARSENAL. We attack.
He's still far better than the likes of Elney, Coquelin. Only Cazorla is better than him.
More so, Kante has more to him than defensive skills. His composure under pressure is quite fantastic. Didn't you see his performance against your team? Your team tried to mark him to no avail in that particular match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
Diademk07:

You know say Dortmund na my second team sha? That means there's no way I'll be a Bayern fan.

Thats good, you need to make them your first team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
Lana1:
So Ruudie u prefer this current Rooney to Zlatan? Abi shey no be u talk say Ihenacho is better than Aguero??

Lol. U're related to elampiro. U just dont know it yet.
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 5:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
This Pogba's agent na real joneser! grin He wan use United sell Pogba to Madrid, if we offer Juventus €120m then Madrid will offer them €130m or higher, but Madrid pulls out and suddenly Pogba is in no rush to leave juve, is he not the ninja that said Pogba needed to leave the Italian league in other to grow and develop further? That's why I was surprised that we are going for a player that won't come considering our present predicament. If he eventually comes then...

In other news, after failing to land Carlos Tevez because of his £250,000 salary, westham have activated the £26m release clause of Ac Milan forward, Carlos bacca, and have proceeded to have talks with him. This westham de craze oh undecided
Their chairman don talk say if any club wey de interested in Payet no carry more than £50m come then they are wasting their time. shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
parrotibaba:
This Pogba's agent na real joneser! grin He wan use United sell Pogba to Madrid, if we offer Juventus €120m then Madrid will offer them €130m or higher, but Madrid pulls out and suddenly Pogba is in no rush to leave juve, is he not the ninja that said Pogba needed to leave the Italian league in other to grow and develop further? That's why I was surprised that we are going for a player that won't come considering our present predicament. If he eventually comes then...

In other news, after failing to land Carlos Tevez because of his £250,000 salary, westham have activated the £26m release clause of Ac Milan forward, Carlos bacca, and have proceeded to have talks with him. This westham de craze oh undecided
Their chairman don talk say if any club wey de interested in Payet no carry more than £50m come then they are wasting their time. shocked
Pogba go old for that Juve be that. They want world record fee & he couldn't even fake a performance @ least. abeg the guy is not much better than Herrera - I'm only putting him slightly ahead sef cuz of height & speed. let him focus on & maximize his abilities as an offensive midfielder, else he'll just be jack of all.

I've not heard of anyone bidding for Payet so that may well be wishful thinking for their chairman.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:28pm On Jul 12, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (3050) (3051) (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) (3056) ... (14213) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: engrelvis(m), Mybettingtips(m), Jamiuokolla and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.