Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3055) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8790155 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) ... (14181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
miki go dey wear jersey 22
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
PietroRico:
Rumours of €32m bid for Antonio Valencia from psg shocked

Elampiro would u accept? (if true)

I'm asking elampiro specifically because I know every other person here will cut their hands off along with the money grin
I wouldn't support his sale @ least for now. He still has incredible stamina & pace.
Alongside Darmian & Varela our right back is very ok.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
SailorXY:

I wouldn't support his sale @ least for now. He still has incredible stamina & pace.
Alongside Darmian & Varela our right back is very ok.

Varela has been told he can leave the club apparently.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
sinizia:
Lekkie073, read another pure unadulterated truth from the horse's mouth and Flopgba's own country man. Hopefully you will see the light.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-transfer-target-paul-8411174

Is it that you think Pogba is not good for our midfield or you think the transfer price is too much?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:23pm On Jul 13, 2016

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
elampiro:

Is it that you think Pogba is not good for our midfield or you think the transfer price is too much?
I wanted to ask d same question....

as a club fan I am not interested in how much a club makes or how much they spend.
all I want is trophies and if s club is going to sign angel Gabriel to achieve this, I don't care.

in as much as the glazers r not complaining why should I?

was manutd worth d Adidas 80m/year sponsorship deal when it was signed? No. The same way pogba might not worth the price quoted but dat doesn't mean he is not good the same way Adidas would overlook united's recent form to go ahead and still splash d cash on them.

#my opinion...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2016
sinizia:
Lekkie073, read another pure unadulterated truth from the horse's mouth and Flopgba's own country man. Hopefully you will see the light.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-transfer-target-paul-8411174
there is no light to be seen.

we tried signing Muller last season. if u use the euros to judge him, then he is a flop
if we r to judge ronaldo by his performance in d euros, he flopped.

so I wont support dat crap. the pogba I know in juventus is a world class player. if not Madrid and Co wouldn't be on him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
MrTA:
Varela has been told he can leave the club apparently.
source? how's that even possible? cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
elampiro:

He's good for our team but he's not £100M good. His best value is £40M tops. Na the money wey dey dey bandy about dey vex me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
lekkie073:
there is no light to be seen.

we tried signing Muller last season. if u use the euros to judge him, then he is a flop
if we r to judge ronaldo by his performance in d euros, he flopped.

so I wont support dat crap. the pogba I know in juventus is a world class player. if not Madrid and Co wouldn't be on him.

Who's talking about Euros only? Even in the days of Vidal and Pirlo, Pogba had not been outstanding. Any DM worth £100M should be averaging not less than 15 goals a season and putting a Sissoko-esque performance. £100M is the kind of money paid for Messi not one average and overhyped ninja called Flopgba. He's not better than Matuidi in both defensive abilities, pace, goals averaged a season and all round performance. That nigga is a fraud!! I'll choose Medel over him any day, any time.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:29pm On Jul 13, 2016
Don't we have a friendly vs Wigan on the 15th?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
15th don reach for your side? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 9:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
sinizia:

Who's talking about Euros only? Even in the days of Vidal and Pirlo, Pogba had not been outstanding. Any DM worth £100M should be averaging not less than 15 goals a season and putting a Sissoko-esque performance. £100M is the kind of money paid for Messi not one average and overhyped ninja called Flopgba. He's not better than Matuidi in both defensive abilities, pace, goals averaged a season and all round performance. That nigga is a fraud!! I'll choose Medel over him any day, any time.
all of a sudden sisoko is d benchmark to judge a quality midfielder all because of a single match.
payet had some wonderful games but was nowhere in d final. should we now judge him too by dat poor final showing?

well, all man is entitled to an opinion. but if we sign pogba for even a billion pounds, e no concern me.
what me want to see is quality upgrade to the team and I feel pogba is one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
lekkie073:
all of a sudden sisoko is d benchmark to judge a quality midfielder all because of a single match.
payet had some wonderful games but was nowhere in d final. should we now judge him too by dat poor final showing?

well, all man is entitled to an opinion. but if we sign pogba for even a billion pounds, e no concern me.
what me want to see is quality upgrade to the team and I feel pogba is one.

I wonder how you read posts. I'm not using Sissoko as a benchmark but rather referring to the energetic performance he put out in the finals which is something someone valued at £100M should be churning out on a weekly basis. Pogba is a monumental fraud backed by the serial success of Juventus. It's not a coincidence that ALL his partners in the midfield position outperforms him. He's not better than kante!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
sinizia:

I wonder how you read posts. I'm not using Sissoko as a benchmark but rather referring to the energetic performance he put out in the finals which is something someone valued at £100M should be churning out on a weekly basis. Pogba is a monumental fraud backed by the serial success of Juventus. It's not a coincidence that ALL his partners in the midfield position outperforms him. He's not better than kante!!
u said a 100m player should be dishing out 'sisoko-esque' performance abi ? and here u r saying u r not using sisoko as a benchmark

I hear u bro. no qualms. Jose is d manager and he has the right to tell d board what he wants. if d board feels they have d finances to get him what he desires, who am I to start giving myself headache over it.

whether Jose buys pogba or kante....in as much as its going to be an upgrade to d team I don't mind. its not my money and I can't influence d board. so I wont be having sleepless nights on issues I don't have a direct control over.

cheers bro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 12:47am On Jul 14, 2016
Very happy Shaw is back
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jubrealguy(m): 1:10am On Jul 14, 2016
I feel like crying, so there's a Manchester united thread on NL all ds while, I've missed a lot

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jubrealguy(m): 1:13am On Jul 14, 2016
GLORY! GLORY!! MANCHESTER UNITED

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by meracool(m): 1:16am On Jul 14, 2016
jubrealguy:
I feel like crying, so there's a Manchester united thread on NL all ds while, I've missed a lot

Welcome we will appreciate your contributions on this thread..

Me read most time .. Am guilty of SILENCE by not posting most times

Don't be like Me. Sir.

Welcome
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jubrealguy(m): 1:20am On Jul 14, 2016
meracool:

Welcome we will appreciate your contributions on this thread..

Me read most time .. Am guilty of SILENCE by not posting most times

Don't be like Me. Sir.

Welcome
Trust me when i tell you this is home, I'm an OLD TRAFFORD faithful.......I won't b like you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by meracool(m): 1:21am On Jul 14, 2016
jubrealguy:
Trust me when i tell you this is home, I'm an OLD TRAFFORD faithful.......I won't b like you
Welcome Sir..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jubrealguy(m): 1:32am On Jul 14, 2016
lekkie073:
u said a 100m player should be dishing out 'sisoko-esque' performance abi ? and here u r saying u r not using sisoko as a benchmark

I hear u bro. no qualms. Jose is d manager and he has the right to tell d board what he wants. if d board feels they have d finances to get him what he desires, who am I to start giving myself headache over it.

whether Jose buys pogba or kante....in as much as its going to be an upgrade to d team I don't mind. its not my money and I can't influence d board. so I wont be having sleepless nights on issues I don't have a direct control over.

cheers bro
what he was trying to say is a £100m player should b capable of producing the kinda outstanding performance sissoko produced in that final consistently and he was trying to tell u can get that with KANTE which maybe is true bt where i do not agree with him is saying some midfielders outperform POGBA.......let's not make mistake, POGBA is one of the best holding midfielder in this era bt a £20 KANTE is wat i will go for if it were to be me but this is MANCHESTER UNITED and we need stars that just know how to win Titles, POGBA has won a lot, he has the mentality of a champion.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jubrealguy(m): 1:34am On Jul 14, 2016
Diademk07:
Don't we have a friendly vs Wigan on the 15th?
i think we have one but no one is talking about it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:34am On Jul 14, 2016
lekkie073:

cheers bro
I think it's best to move on from the Pogba issue. It's gone very cold even in rumor mills. Perhaps Jose & Minola were working hand in hand to squeeze out a large chunk from Madrid in guise of jostling for Pogba's services. Pity the lad himself couldn't fake a good performance @ least to add flavor to the hype, so he should sit his ass down in Italy.

I'm eager to know details of Matuidi's England trip tho. Nothing seem to have been said since then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jubrealguy(m): 8:47am On Jul 14, 2016
SailorXY:

I think it's best to move on from the Pogba issue. It's gone very cold even in rumor mills. Perhaps Jose & Minola were working hand in hand to squeeze out a large chunk from Madrid in guise of jostling for Pogba's services. Pity the lad himself couldn't fake a good performance @ least to add flavor to the hype, so he should sit his ass down in Italy.

I'm eager to know details of Matuidi's England trip tho. Nothing seem to have been said since then.
Blaise MATUIDI is 29, paul POGBA is 23
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 8:53am On Jul 14, 2016
Pogba is not a holding midfielder and that's one of the reasons he was invisible in the final. He was clearly given instructions to sit in front of the defence and make play from there. That is not the Pogba that is worth 100 million.

He's a dynamic box to box midfielder, more of a 10 even. Look at his performance against Switzerland when Kante was sitting giving Pogba the freedom to roam and attack. If not for a good keeper who was on mad form that night and the bar Pogba would have finished them that day. The same thing happened versus Germany, Deschamps told him to sit in front of the defence but the one opportunity he had to go forward he showed a great piece of skill and created the second goal for France.

Don't judge players based on international tournaments. Even the sissoko you're raving about Newcastle fans can't wait for him to leave because he performs nonsense during the season and is lazy on the field. If we use international tournaments as a barometer then Eduardo Vargas should be playing for Madrid, Barca or Bayern. The guy usually lights up tournaments for Chile but look at his record in club football. 2 goals in 24 appearances last season for hoffenheim, 3 in 21 for qpr, 3 in 17 for Valencia, would you still want him in your team based on internationals?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:41am On Jul 14, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:
Pogba is not a holding midfielder and that's one of the reasons he was invisible in the final. He was clearly given instructions to sit in front of the defence and make play from there. That is not the Pogba that is worth 100 million.

He's a dynamic box to box midfielder, more of a 10 even. Look at his performance against Switzerland when Kante was sitting giving Pogba the freedom to roam and attack. If not for a good keeper who was on mad form that night and the bar Pogba would have finished them that day. The same thing happened versus Germany, Deschamps told him to sit in front of the defence but the one opportunity he had to go forward he showed a great piece of skill and created the second goal for France.

Don't judge players based on international tournaments. Even the sissoko you're raving about Newcastle fans can't wait for him to leave because he performs nonsense during the season and is lazy on the field. If we use international tournaments as a barometer then Eduardo Vargas should be playing for Madrid, Barca or Bayern. The guy usually lights up tournaments for Chile but look at his record in club football. 2 goals in 24 appearances last season for hoffenheim, 3 in 21 for qpr, 3 in 17 for Valencia, would you still want him in your team based on internationals?
Tanchu
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kingsbright41(m): 9:56am On Jul 14, 2016
lekkie073:
I wanted to ask d same question....

as a club fan I am not interested in how much a club makes or how much they spend.
all I want is trophies and if s club is going to sign angel Gabriel to achieve this, I don't care.

in as much as the glazers r not complaining why should I?

was manutd worth d Adidas 80m/year sponsorship deal when it was signed? No. The same way pogba might not worth the price quoted but dat doesn't mean he is not good the same way Adidas would overlook united's recent form to go ahead and still splash d cash on them.

#my opinion...

@Op, you re really true united blood. God bless you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:14am On Jul 14, 2016
jubrealguy:
Blaise MATUIDI is 29, paul POGBA is 23
& who says Matuidi is coming to Man Utd?
age is number. RvP gave us no. 20 @ 30, Carrick is 400 years old - question is are you good enough?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:14am On Jul 14, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:

I tired o bro grin
I don't understand how ppl will be comparing Kante and pogba when two of them have clearly different roles on the field of play. it all boils down to what role d manager wants to fit. kante would mark like his life depends on it and that's about all he can do on d pitch. aerial presence is zero. goal scoring is 0.05.
do u expect kante to score in a match? No.
do u expect pogba to score in a match? yes, to a degree.
because he does with a probability of 0.2 on average.

it just like comparing makelele and essien.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:24am On Jul 14, 2016
SailorXY:
age is number. Carrick is 400 years old - question is are you good enough?

and still our best mf...tho in my own opinion,i dont want any of those french midfielders,be it pogba,matuidi,or kante sef.....i still believe in schnerderlin,he needs a brain to operate beside him and carricks legs are getting tired...with d quality of carrick beside any box to box mf,heck carrick made i seem cleverley was world class..in essense im saying united shud b looking to buy a midfielder like kroos or verrati not grasshopping pogba or matuidi that always keeps his head on d ground while playing,never looking up..my opinion tho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:39am On Jul 14, 2016
dubylhover:

and still our best mf...tho in my own opinion,i dont want any of those french midfielders,be it pogba,matuidi,or kante sef.....i still believe in schnerderlin,he needs a brain to operate beside him and carricks legs are getting tired...with d quality of carrick beside any box to box mf,heck carrick made i seem cleverley was world class..in essense im saying united shud b looking to buy a midfielder like kroos or verrati not grasshopping pogba or matuidi that always keeps his head on d ground while playing,never looking up..my opinion tho
a carrick/kante pairing would look out of the way but a carrick/pogba (or matuidi) looks a bit more balanced. though players like kroos would suit the situation like u said.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) ... (14181) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eph12(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.