Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,001 members, 7,866,791 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8883114 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3148) (3149) (3150) (3151) (3152) (3153) (3154) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
adebayo201:

Vermalean that has half life can produce a UCL trophy, two LaLiga, a Club Word Cup and Super Club trophies... When?? After leaving the "trophyless" champion!

OH my God grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
pep no send Hart sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
SIRcumalot:
pep no send Hart sha
I pity him if he thinks Caballero is better than Hart.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:20pm On Aug 13, 2016
David Moyes is back suckazz. In yo' face *middle finger* grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
chrisley024:
I pity him if he thinks Caballero is better than Hart.
he wants a ball playing keeper like Neuer.

aguero Don already cast this match for me.
make we sha see januzaj.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
olabode89:

Lmao... Senior OTE!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NigerianSHA: 5:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Tuchel dont bother much about developing another clubs player bro, thats why Januzaj didnt do as well as expected.... If he was a full dortmund player, i guess they would have given him playing time like he'll be given at Sunderland

Yeah, going to Dortmund was the wrong move for him, Nigga got too ambitious. I hope Moyes panel beats him back to form.

Mata doesn't fit Moaninghoes Style of Defense that's why I think Depay might contribute more.

To be honest, I rate wenger highly, No good team with a striker like Giroud should finish anywhere more than 4th place and they had good points too. Wenger is a genius. The day he decides to splash money there will be serious groans in the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 5:48pm On Aug 13, 2016
RuuDie:
David Moyes is back suckazz. In yo' face *middle finger* grin grin grin
Yes we can see that, chopping a goal after 4 minutes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 6:09pm On Aug 13, 2016
Leicester go hear am this season finally. The defending champions tag go affect them badly this season as teams go the pack bullion van for them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mourinho studied United

Jose Mourinho has revealed he has been studying Manchester United closely since December in order to pinpoint exactly how the squad needed to be transformed this summer.

Mourinho's arrival at Old Trafford has coincided with a busy transfer window for the Red Devils, with world record signing Paul Pogba joining Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Eric Bailly and Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

The decisive manner United have concluded their transfer business has been in contrast to the tenures of David Moyes and Louis van Gaal, which saw deals done on deadline day for three consecutive years with the signings of Marouane Fellaini, Radamel Falcao and Anthony Martial.

Mourinho arrived at United with clear instructions on what he wanted - a centre-back, a central midfielder, an attacking midfielder and a striker and he gave Ed Woodward a list of potential options at each position.

The Portuguese believes United's summer transfer business has put them in a great position to succeed this season and praised club's money men for their "magnificent" approach to pushing through the deals.

"First of all, I didn't buy them. I don't have enough money to pay that amount," Mourinho said, ahead of Sunday's Premier League opener at Bournemouth, live on
Sky Sports 1 HD .

"So credit to the club, credit to the potential that the club has, not just financially but also what the club means for the world of football to attract players.

"I think I gave a contribution because I was very objective. I think some managers, they have doubts. I don't know the word but they find it difficult to decide, they are almost decided and then you come with another idea. Then the clubs feel that you are not so sure about it. I was very objective from day one.

"I was not working since December. I watched Manchester United play many, many times. I had an idea about the squad and when I arrived I was ready to be objective.

"This is what I would like to have, decide the numbers for each position. So if you cannot get this one then you have the second, third or fourth. Every time I was making a written report to the board, I think the board could feel consistency in my analysis.

"The targets were there on the table, after that was the club power and they were very strong, they were very good and they did everything before August 14. They could have done August 30, but, no, they did it by August 14."

While the approach of Mourinho's predecessor Van Gaal to transfers may have been at times chaotic, his style of play was far too structured for Manchester United fans' liking and chants of "attack, attack, attack" became a regular feature of games at Old Trafford last season.

Mourinho has been brought in to change that approach but he warned United fans he will always prioritise substance over style and believes winning is what is ultimately important.

"I came to England in 2004, and I saw Manchester United as a winning team, not as always an attacking team," he said. "I played sometimes against Manchester United and they were a defensive team.

"I played Real Madrid-Manchester United in Madrid and they crossed the midfield line twice with Wayne Rooney played outside-left to defend my right-back.

"I saw them always as a winning team with an attacking philosophy, but a winning team. That's the challenge for Manchester United, to try to be a winning team in a new era of the Premier League that is much more difficult than before.

"So our job is really difficult but we want to win matches, we want to win competitions, and to win isolated matches you can play bad but to win competitions you need to play well."

www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10533992/jose-mourinho-watched-manchester-united-for-months-to-decide-on-transfers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
Pataki:
Manure fans talking about coefficient, when your useless club was in the Champions league last season, only to be dumped into Europa league, and yet only to be dumped out.

Face una Europa and win it if you are so bothered about UEFA coefficient.
why should coefficients bother a useless institution like the one you support when their contributions towards it in the first place is negligible?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by edoyad(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2016
Just wishing fellow fans a wonderful season ahead. Hopefully, you guys will not be misled this time around by that False prophet, Rev Adelana to think you actually have a chance of winning the league. Just take baby steps for now and in the near future, say 15 or 16 years, Man U will be competitive again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NigerianSHA: 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2016
Leicester go hear am this Season...Underdog status is over.

Just watched the Hull first goal. Is there anything like shared goal because Both players got touches on the ball?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
undecided

What kind of complex style is Pep playing at Manchester City?!

Can't really comprehend exactly where Clichy and Sagna are playing!

I hope our Analysts could device the formation and pattern City is playing!

Cc Diademk07, Elampiro, Nihilist, Raumdeuter, DopeJemi, elrony, Pataki, GBR1, Lana1, SailorXY, and Co!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
^ha
I no dey watch match today

Is any MUFC lad playing for Moyes already?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2016
Oasis007:
undecided

What kind of complex style is Pep playing at Manchester City?!

Can't really comprehend exactly where Clichy and Sagna are playing!

I hope our Analysts could device the formation and pattern City is playing!

Cc Diademk07, Elampiro, Nihilist, Raumdeuter, GBR1, Lana1, SailorXY, and Co!

I'm fascinated by this system.

Clichy and Sagna seem to be tucking into central midfield whilst fernadinho looks like he's dropping in between stones and kolarov during build up.

By the time the ball gets to the Sunderland box, Stones is alone in the city defence..

The only issue is can see is that nolito and Sterling are having to stay wide to provide the width since the fullbacks are not overlapping.

Aguero is a midget, so the wingers on the touchline cannot pullout to him. Instead when the collect the ball in the wide areas, they have to try and dribble into the centre to get the ball to their striker.

Sunderland have packed the narrow areas with defenders so the city wingers keeping dribbling into bodies and losing thr ball. Without that moment of madness from that foolish PvA, city would not have scored because they just can't get the ball into dangerous areas.

Interesting game though
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2016
Aw, Leicester clearly missed Kante.

I don't know if it was on here or some other forum I opined that "people often talk about our need to move from possession based tactic and operate a counter attack setup but do we have the players for it such as pacy forwards, a deeplying playmaker and a box-box CM like Kante to win the ball high up the pitch and surge out immediately to counter.."

Apart from Drinkwter and their pace, Kante was one important factor that made Leicester a functional team last season. He would win the ball high up the pitch and before any opposition team knows what hit them in the face, he would surge forward and start 'the counter' with the likes of Mahrez, Vardy, Okazaki etc who were all already in great position in the final third before Kante even won the ball, and with these forwards' pace, it was quite easy to put the finishing touch.

Without Kante, the forwards have to drop deep to get the ball and before they could glance up, the opposition teams already got back their defensive shape. Mahrez especially benefited a lot from Kante. That's one reason I was far up in Kante ass and wanted him to be signed.

From what I've seen from Kante replacement, Mendy is no box+box CM, haven't seen much of him though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
Diademk07:

I don't know if it was on here or some other forum I opined that "people often talk about our need to move from possession based tactic and operate a counter attack setup but do we have the players for it such as pacy forwards, a deeplying playmaker and a box-box CM like Kante to win the ball high up the pitch and surge out immediately to counter.."

Apart from Drinkwter and their pace, Kante was one important factor that made Leicester a functional team last season. He would win the ball high up the pitch and before any opposition team knows what hit them in the face, he would surge forward and start 'the counter' with the likes of Mahrez, Vardy, Okazaki etc who were all already in great position in the final third before Kante even won the ball, and with these forwards' pace, it was quite easy to put the finishing touch.

Without Kante, the forwards have to drop deep to get the ball and before they could glance up, the opposition teams already got back their defensive shape. Mahrez especially benefited a lot from Kante. That's one reason I was far up in Kante ass and wanted him to be signed.

From what I've seen from Kante replacement, Mendy is no box+box CM, haven't seen much of him though.
yeah yeah yeah
Goan propose to Kante already.

Let us see how he fares in Chelshit then as he's the next best thing since Zico.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
@diademk07.
any team would miss a player like Kante but,
Mendy didn't get enough minutes to really exert his influence on the field in the game against Hull.
and Huth was absent too.
If Vardy scored the three clear cut chances created for him,chances he would have buried last season.
Leicester wins this game easy.

okazaki should start along side vardy for now and maybe play Musa somewhere else even though he was one of their best performer this game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
Diademk07:

For the first time I have to agree with you. Kante was marvellous last season at Leicester. Never caught ball watching, tackled strongly, always staying on his feet and never shied away from attacking duties when called upon. To me he was the best player in the EPL last season. Even when Mahrez, Vardy went off form last season he maintained his through out. He will be sorely missed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
Januzaj will only get better at Sunderland, he was involved in the goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2016
SailorXY:

yeah yeah yeah
Goan propose to Kante already.

Let us see how he fares in Chelshit then as he's the next best thing since Zico.

Common, he's no playmaker unlike Zico.
All I'm just saying is the importance of Kante in the Leicester team.

Anyway, Kante is no one season wonder, he had a similar stat while at Caen which shows he has it in him. As for his new team, the agbero team, I hope he's not used in the holding role but as the box-box CM he is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
SailorXY:
^ha
I no dey watch match today

Is any MUFC lad playing for Moyes already?

Loads. It's a photocopy of the team Moyes would have installed in old Trafford if to sey una give am time grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2016
It's painful when defensive players don't get recognized enough for their efforts. Some even get involved in attacks in addition to their defensive duties but they still don't get recognized. Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2016
SIRcumalot:
@diademk07.
any team would miss a player like Kante but,
Mendy didn't get enough minutes to really exert his influence on the field in the game against Hull.
and Huth was absent too.
If Vardy scored the three clear cut chances created for him,chances he would have buried last season.
Leicester wins this game easy.

okazaki should start along side vardy for now and maybe play Musa somewhere else even though he was one of their best performer this game.

Mendy is certainly no box-box nor has the defensive nous of Kante.

They missed Huth as well but the whole team was a mess, especially Mahrez who isn't as pacey in the first place.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
make I start to watch again since Sunderland Don equalize.
the whole game dey bore me before.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
Nihilist:

I'm fascinated by this system.

Clichy and Sagna seem to be tucking into central midfield whilst fernadinho looks like he's dropping in between stones and kolarov during build up.

By the time the ball gets to the Sunderland box, Stones is alone in the city defence..

The only issue is can see is that nolito and Sterling are having to stay wide to provide the width since the fullbacks are not overlapping.

Aguero is a midget, so the wingers on the touchline cannot pullout to him. Instead when the collect the ball in the wide areas, they have to try and dribble into the centre to get the ball to their striker.

Sunderland have packed the narrow areas with defenders so the city wingers keeping dribbling into bodies and losing thr ball. Without that moment of madness from that foolish PvA, city would not have scored because they just can't get the ball into dangerous areas.

Interesting game though

Nice one!

You are really on point! But do you think the System can work in EPL?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NigerianSHA: 7:10pm On Aug 13, 2016
Fraudiola go hear am this season. Great Teamwork nice to see Januzaj involved.

Just keep helping us panel beat him back to form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2016
King moyesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
Diademk07:

Mendy is certainly no box-box nor has the defensive nous of Kante.

They missed Huth as well but the whole team was a mess, especially Mahrez who isn't as pacey in the first place.
Musa was good he created two clear chances vardy couldn't put away.

let see him first nobody rated Kante before all this stuff.
it Is clear that Ranieri is slowly integrating the guy into the team.

I agree though Mahrez wasn't good.

paddy mcnair Don ruin the party.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mehn pep go also hear am this season. It's still early days though. Januzaj enjoying himself in this match, more of that as the season goes on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
grin

What a Goal from McNair! Thank God LVG is gone forever!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3148) (3149) (3150) (3151) (3152) (3153) (3154) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.