Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:34 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8844089 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3150) (3151) (3152) (3153) (3154) (3155) (3156) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2016
Had it been Guardiola drew the match, this place would have turned to disco hall.

City players need to adjust to his style fast and drop the kick and follow football England is known for that has made them laughing stock among the elite football nations in Europe.

Even at the viewing center, see the way United, Arsenal and Chelsea fans were supporting Sunderland...

Hate him or loathe him, the guy will succeed at City.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 8:12pm On Aug 13, 2016
Oasis007:
undecided

What kind of complex style is Pep playing at Manchester City?!

Can't really comprehend exactly where Clichy and Sagna are playing!

I hope our Analysts could device the formation and pattern City is playing!

Cc Diademk07, Elampiro, Nihilist, Raumdeuter, DopeJemi, elrony, Pataki, GBR1, Lana1, SailorXY, and Co!

I think some pretty good explanations have come up.

Whatever it was, i don't think it was carried out well and that's why it's so noticeable. You don't go from using Lahm/Alaba directly to Sagna/Clichy without experiencing issues when trying to play the same way. I don't know how much coaching would improve them but i guess Pep is gonna bring in his own players to replace them eventually.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
grin

I miss football sha

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
Oasis007:
Januzaj needs to up his game! Donald Love played well! O'shea was solid too!
i am not sure why we sold the Love guy tho. he had one (or two?) games under LvG & looked quite solid in attack & defence. he's quite young too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
Goal mikel
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:21pm On Aug 13, 2016
Debroslink:
Had it been Guardiola drew the match, this place would have turned to disco hall.

City players need to adjust to his style fast and drop the kick and follow football England is known for that has made them laughing stock among the elite football nations in Europe.

Even at the viewing center, see the way United, Arsenal and Chelsea fans were supporting Sunderland...

ogbeni solicitor the cheers were against a rival for the title from opposition, not for Pep. what will it matter who the manager is? the same cheers were heard against Chelshit last season & even Moyes. calm yourself its a merry go round.

the same kick & follow was played in England when they had 3 teams featuring in UCL semis consecutively.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:29pm On Aug 13, 2016
SailorXY:

ogbeni solicitor the cheers were against a rival for the title from opposition, not for Pep. what will it matter who the manager is? the same cheers were heard against Chelshit last season & even Moyes. calm yourself its a merry go round.

the same kick & follow was played in England when they had 3 teams featuring in UCL semis consecutively.
I have been hearing about this kick and follow football BS from "up barca" fans who expect every team in the world to play tiki taka. After watching Phee-lo-so-phee, Spurs, Everton, Southampton, etc play the so called passing game, dem go still come here de yarn saw dust.

Meanwhile this our dream team defense go hear am against Germany if we progress to the semi finals. Criminal defending from them(in our local commentator's voice).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
Debroslink:

First, he needs to bring in quality players which is something he's failed to do so far.

The guy is a good manager that knows what he wants in his team. I'm quite sure he would manage a top 5 with that horrible squad t his disposal. That's the hallmark of a good manager.

Just like I often opined about LVG, with another coach at the helm last season, Manutd wouldn't even sniff the top 5 spots, let alone competing for the top 4 with that average squad at his disposal. He knows what's needed in the team for a fluid attack and that was why he kept hammering on the need for pacey skillful creative and intelligent players in the midfield and attack in most of his post match speeches unfortunately, he made lot of mistakes in the transfer windows.

However, what I like is the fact that he knows a fluid setup with the players at this disposal is a recipe for disaster hence, the implementation of the possession tactic solely which allowed us to accrued lot of points last season.

There's nothing I like more in a team than to see a pacey creative fluid setup with some good possession as well. That was Pep's Bayern although their midfield was a bit average but the fluid attack compensated a lot for it and when the midfield gets going as well, everything looks great

My point is Pep had better start doing better in the transfer market if he doesn't want to make the same mistake as Van Gaal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2016
@debroslink so you expect Man United, Assnal and Chelsea fans to support city against Sunderland because guardiola is the coach? Tell me, will you support pep if he's the coach of Madrid?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2016
SailorXY:

This is 2016 not some 6 years ago or something. England should better support Guardiola because he's here to correct their woeful performance in continental competitions.

Guardiola at Barcelona 2009 = Spain's 2010 world cup

Guardiola at Bayern 2013 = Germany's 2014 world cup

Guardiola at City 2017 =

Let's hope England embrace his philosophy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:45pm On Aug 13, 2016
Debroslink:

This is 2016 not some 6 years ago or something. England should better support Guardiola because he's here to correct their woeful performance in continental competitions.

Guardiola at City 2017 =

grin

Your Theory is dead on arrival! Are you kidding?! You are expecting England to win Russia 2018 World Cup under Big Sam!

LMAO!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
Debroslink:

Guardiola at City 2017 =

Wetin concern me with guardiola and the English team? He is the gaffer of our direct rival and I wasn't born in England so pray tell, why will I cheer for him? This is like asking a Madrid fan to go and support barca because of the coach there, ridiculous don't you think?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
SailorXY:
i am not sure why we sold the Love guy tho. he had one (or two?) games under LvG & looked quite solid in attack & defence. he's quite young too.

I hope there is a buy-back clause in his Contract?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
SailorXY:

He was completely shite in one game, can't remember the game though Even at that, he doesn't strike me as a good player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2016
Pep on PL debut: 'I realise how difficult it is. You're not safe until the referee says 'Ok, go home'. Long balls, free-kicks, throw-ins'

Lol.. Welcome
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2016
Debroslink:

Guardiola at City 2017 =

Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2016
Diademk07:

First, he needs to bring in quality players which is something he's failed to do so far.

The guy is a good manager that knows what he wants in his team. I'm quite sure he would manage a top 5 with that horrible squad t his disposal. That's the hallmark of a good manager.

Just like I often opined about LVG, with another coach at the helm last season, Manutd wouldn't even sniff the top 5 spots, let alone competing for the top 4 with average squad at his disposal. He knows what's needed in the team for a fluid attack and that was why he kept hammering on the need for pacey skillful creative and intelligent players in the midfield and attack in most of his post match speeches unfortunately, he made lot of mistakes in the transfer windows.

However, what I like is the fact that he knows a fluid setup with the players at this disposal is a recipe for disaster hence, the implementation of possession tactic solely which allowed us to accrued lot of points last season.

There's nothing I like more in a team than to see a pacey creative fluid setup with some good possession as well. That was Pep's Bayern although their midfield was a bit average but the fluid attack compensated a lot for it and when the midfield gets going as well, everything looks great

My point is Pep had better start doing better in the transfer market if he doesn't want to make the same mistake as Van Gaal.

You are seriously on point. From Robben-Ribery to Sterling-Navas is ridiculous. Alonso-Vidal to Fernandinho-Delap something.

He needs creative midfield players and pacy wingers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2016
parrotibaba:
Wetin concern me with guardiola and the English team? He is the gaffer of our direct rival and I wasn't born in England so pray tell, why will I cheer for him? This is like asking a Madrid fan to go and support barca because of the coach there, ridiculous don't you think?

Anyhow jare
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:01pm On Aug 13, 2016
Debroslink:

Hope you know the difference between England and Epl?
do you though? I mean, you came here asking a United fan to support guardiola because he will allegedly improve the English team. To even follow your point, how many English players are in city? English players make up just 30% of the premier league so how does he magically transform the three lions to world beaters?. And he wasn't the reason Germany won the world Cup, Germany have been right at the very end of international competitions long before he set foot in Germany. The sole reason for the world Cup success is the long term project put in place by the Germans and it paid off. No be guardiola coach Germany na Low.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:13pm On Aug 13, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
Oasis007:
undecided

What kind of complex style is Pep playing at Manchester City?!

Can't really comprehend exactly where Clichy and Sagna are playing!

I hope our Analysts could device the formation and pattern City is playing!

Cc Diademk07, Elampiro, Nihilist, Raumdeuter, DopeJemi, elrony, Pataki, GBR1, Lana1, SailorXY, and Co!

Sorry bro I can't tell.... I no watch!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by stuff46(m): 9:21pm On Aug 13, 2016
With ourinho at this end, Pep's city are in for more hate. Love how the city match played out, a good start, hoping to see impresive improvement by next match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2016
Debroslink:

Nothing new. Same way Assnal, Chelshit and Barca fans would have turned this place to a war zone if Mourinho loses or Pogba flops badly. You are whom you accuse others to be. Stop the self-righteous brouhaha. It's strictly football. You mock Madrid too when they lose, you are not different from those at the viewing center. Weren't you and other Barca fans including Messi supporting Atletico (who knocked you guys out) over Madrid on the UCL finals? So why acting Iike your hate is good while other's hate for rival clubs are bad? Abeg!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
Diademk07:
He was completely shite in one game, can't remember the game though Even at that, he doesn't strike me as a good player.
i'm i supposed to be surprised
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
Debroslink:

Guardiola at City 2017 =
JayKayMaybachz:

[size=16pt]Rubbish[/size]

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:28pm On Aug 13, 2016
Diademk07:

Just like I often opined about LVG, with another coach at the helm last season, Manutd wouldn't even sniff the top 5 spots, let alone competing for the top 4 with that average squad at his disposal. He knows what's needed in the team for a fluid attack and that was why he kept hammering on the need for pacey skillful creative and intelligent players in the midfield and attack in most of his post match speeches unfortunately, he made lot of mistakes in the transfer windows.

However, what I like is the fact that he knows a fluid setup with the players at this disposal is a recipe for disaster hence, the implementation of the possession tactic solely which allowed us to accrued lot of points last season.

& still words keep falling from your mouth as shiit from ass.

the same average players that secured top 4 for LvG in his first trial? got padded with more options by the man himself? what expectations did he have in mind if not improvement on his previous season?
he landed in Europa & then 5th place. my friend goanslip.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:29pm On Aug 13, 2016
Debroslink:

Guardiola at City 2017 =

And to think a football neophyte liked your post.

Pep's Barca made up most of the first-team players of Spain's World Cup-winning team, right?

How many England players do Shitty have in the first place? How many are starters in England's first 11?

Stones that's a bench warmer?
Sterling the headless chicken?
Calamity Joe Hart that Pep dislikes?
Delph that's not even among England's total team selection?

You don't even know Big Sam's choice of players and you're expecting rivals to support your mini-god coz of what?

Take a look at your hypocrisy. Just 2 days ago, Turan nearly became public enemy number 1 amongst Barca fans for liking a pic of Madrid and you're preaching about some imaginary love to me about my main rivals. Go and sleep abeg.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NigerianSHA: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
Watching the Nigerian match makes me hate Moaninghoe more.

Mikel has scored more goals for his National side than Chelsea. It's shameful. A boy that shared the podium with Messi reduced to a defensive midfielder that stops counter attacks.

What could have been if he was allowed to develop in No 10 and Mo didn't kill his confidence

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NigerianSHA: 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2016
Femi Ogunode, the fastest man in Asia defected from Nigeria and top 10 in the world

I hope the country gets its act together someday and I noticed the British guy but he was born in Britain so he's British.

Lord help them

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mikel put money before his career. besides that ship has long sailed. the bulk dumps on his table squarely.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2016
SailorXY:
Mikel put money before his career. besides that ship has long sailed. the bulk dumps on his table squarely.

Simple as that. Mikel has only himself to blame for his stagnation. His love for money reduced his progress.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NigerianSHA: 11:01pm On Aug 13, 2016
I firmly believe when Mo killed his confidence that was when he put money over.

StilL blaming Mo. Was it money that deployed him week in week out as a DM in his early career

(1) (2) (3) ... (3150) (3151) (3152) (3153) (3154) (3155) (3156) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MrJaay(m), stulp16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.