Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,978 members, 7,866,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:47 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8882530 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3167) (3168) (3169) (3170) (3171) (3172) (3173) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 9:23am On Aug 17, 2016
tongue
Spy360:

Are United playing this Thursday?

United are my team in the Europa League. I would be supporting all the way!!!

Have you seen the teams in this years europa at all? The competition go sweet die! And trust united anytime we are involved in anything the competition is fun!

The weekend just begins earlier for me this season sef and by the way that trophy is the last 1 missing from our bulk room of trophies so we need to complete the set!

Europa for life! UNA GET AM SO?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 9:28am On Aug 17, 2016
United will be the [size=16] No 1 Club in Pot A [/size] of the [size=16] Europa League [/size] seeds...

[size=16] Top Club [/size]

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 9:34am On Aug 17, 2016
Funlordjnr:
tongue

Have you seen the teams in this years europa at all? The competition go sweet die! And trust united anytime we are involved in anything the competition is fun!

The weekend just begins earlier for me this season sef and by the way that trophy is the last 1 missing from our bulk room of trophies so we need to complete the set!

Europa for life! UNA GET AM SO?
How only United go be the top club for Europa...

[size=16] In short Barca, Madrid and Arsenal will join you people [/size]

wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:54am On Aug 17, 2016

Paul Parker: The current Manchester United cannot finish top four. They need to buy four more players to fight for the title.

m.goal.com/s/en/news/1862/premier-league/2016/08/16/26593742/parker-man-utd-must-strengthen-or-risk-missing-out-on-top?ICID=HP_BN_3

Hmmm, after the first round of matches, we got the best result but we were the most unimpressive among the top teams. Even Arsenal looked to move the ball better and attack better. But I remember 2007/2008 season and I think even 2008/2009 we were boring in attack in the beginning of the season, and SAF kept saying things will improve. And we improved. It was in 2006/2007 and 2011/2012 we got off the block the most impressive way.

The good thing now is that we got the result, but I need to watch more of our opening matches to understand how we might perform this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2016
Spy360:

After you win the Europa League come let us discuss. Meanwhile we are monitoring our opponents in the Champions League... wink

Yawn. Kings of register marking in europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2016
The way this hatred is going right now, many United fans will support Man City during the derby.
I just pray you don't get high blood pressure, because if Mou could win the league with real against one of the best sides ever, why wouldn't he match Pep's City that has far lesser quality? grin

You might not understand, but we now possess character.
Mou, Zlatan and Pogba are egotistical ninjas who bring that fear factor that has been missing.
Biggest players from three top leagues sound to me like a great transfer window.

Just wait till we thrash Arsenal, then you'll see how valid I am. wink

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:10am On Aug 17, 2016
tess1:

And how many times have you given Fellaini the sticks?

Why didn't people here gave him that stick after the community shield game when he was woeful?

How many times has Fellaini outshone Herrera in the midfield?

Apart from what Fellaini with his height, what else does he offer?

There are even times when his height has been useless. Those are the matches when he starts using elbows to commit fouls.

There are few games where he played well in the past three years he has been our player. Though, that may change under the current coach.

There were tines you kept on mentioning Herrera only being able to make 1.6 key passes as poor stats. Even when he makes assist or scores you're still not satisfied.

Thank God you are not our coach.

Fellaini was often better than Herrera under Van gaal, especially during our late top 4 run before his ban and he was also fantastic in our run in the FA cup win.

His movement is quite good and he always tries to make vertical passes which is the reason he's often criticised for the poor passes he sometimes made but at least he tried to open up the opposition unlike the spanish Cleverley.

And on his day, his defensive work and ariel duel are notable in the match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

Paul Parker: The current Manchester United cannot finish top four. They need to buy four more players to fight for the title.

m.goal.com/s/en/news/1862/premier-league/2016/08/16/26593742/parker-man-utd-must-strengthen-or-risk-missing-out-on-top?ICID=HP_BN_3

Hmmm, after the first round of matches, we got the best result but we were the most unimpressive among the top teams. Even Arsenal looked to move the ball better and attack better. But I remember 2007/2008 season and I think even 2008/2009 we were boring in attack in the beginning of the season, and SAF kept saying things will improve. And we improved. It was in 2006/2007 and 2011/2012 we got off the block the most impressive way.

The good thing now is that we got the result, but I need to watch more of our opening matches to understand how we might perform this season.
Elampiro forget what this charlatan is saying.
If he's so good an analyst, he would have seen that we moved the ball greatly for intervals after half time.

This same Bournemouth beat us last season, yet we went 3-0 up against them.
A United striker actually scored a screamer. shocked
Felliani looked far better and more serious.
He actually lobbed a marker. tongue

And most crucially, two good passers of the ball, Pogba and Mkhitaryan's haven't even been unwrapped from their Moin Moin leaves. grin

We finally have a thug as a defender since Vidic left, and he has been playing well.
But.....Smalling is not even back!

City moved the ball so well, but they relied on McNair's own goal to get through.
Yeye!

Make no mistake, this team will do well!

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:27am On Aug 17, 2016
Elxandre:

If he's so good an analyst, he would have seen that we moved the ball greatly for intervals after half time.

And most crucially, two good passers of the ball, Pogba and Mkhitaryan's haven't even been unwrapped from their Moin Moin leaves. grin

We finally have a thug as a defender since Vidic left, and he has been playing well.

City moved the ball so well, but they relied on McNair's own goal to get through.
Yeye!

And we didn't rely on Bournemouth mistake to break through? Clap for yourself.

One goal was a mistake from the opposition defender.
Another was a mishit cross/shot that got tapped in by Rooney.
The third was a 30 yards goal.

Not to mention we were often dominated in the middle while our defender was the man of the match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Not to mention we were often dominated in the middle while our defender was the man of the match.
still beats an own goal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 17, 2016
SIRcumalot:
cheesy
e fit be spy,pataki Or kokaneprodigy
That's Spy he's Igbo, that was when he delivered his famous quote grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:13am On Aug 17, 2016
Elxandre:
The way this hatred is going right now, many United fans will support Man City during the derby.
I just pray you don't get high blood pressure, because if Mou could win the league with real against one of the best sides ever, why wouldn't he match Pep's City that has far lesser quality? grin

You might not understand, but we now possess character.
Mou, Zlatan and Pogba are egotistical ninjas who bring that fear factor that has been missing.
Biggest players from three top leagues sound to me like a great transfer window.

Just wait till we thrash Arsenal, then you'll see how valid I am. wink
azzin ehn
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 11:17am On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Elampiro, this guy say Rooney header na Tap in! shocked

Stop checking live scores under canopy, you no go gree.

I like how you downplay Ibra's goal.
But when was the last time any United striker score from 30 yards?

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:26am On Aug 17, 2016
dis kagawa na kolo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:28am On Aug 17, 2016
Elxandre:

dat what watching matches under canopy does to a man's senses. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:34am On Aug 17, 2016
Elxandre:

Whether header or not, na tap in.

Do you have to use only your leg to tap in a ball?

Some peeps dey suffer from brain disturbance on here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:34am On Aug 17, 2016
Elxandre:

Yeye!

This same Bournemouth we beat 3-1 in the last game of last season with an excellent all round performance, in fact we conceded from Smalling's own goal while we could have scored six on the night.

But let's watch and see how we go from here. I believe we have a great team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:38am On Aug 17, 2016
Elxandre:

Kagawa10 likes to understand match in just one way. It is always we won because Carrick played. If Carrick didn't play and we lose, then we lost because of that. If he didn't play and we win, the win must be from some luck. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

Kagawa10 likes to understand match in just one way. It is always we won because Carrick played. If Carrick didn't play and we lose, then we lost because of that. If he didn't play and we win, the win must be from some luck. grin

Lol!

You didn't explain whether Rooney goal na tap in or not.

What's tap in the first place? An easy goal.

Those ya friends, eh?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:50am On Aug 17, 2016
Marcos Rojo to be used as makeweight in Jose Fonte deal as Jose Mourinho eyes swap move [Telegraph] #MUFC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:55am On Aug 17, 2016
Come Oasis, the agreement was Mourinho is quite capable of making Rojo a better player, why change na?

As a matter of fact, any eediot who couldn't improve under Van gaal is a failure forever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:57am On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol!

You didn't explain whether Rooney goal na tap in or not.

What's tap in the first place? An easy goal.

Those ya friends, eh?

In the sense we have used tap-in here, it is not a tap in. We always refer to tap in in respect of goals scored with just a touch required to roll the ball across the goal line. It is assumed the goalkeeper is beaten and the strike requires no skill, direction, power. Just a soft roll into the net like we had in our first goal of the pre-season when Mata passed to Keane to tap-in.

Rooney’s goal required effort and skill to beat the goalkeeper. Effort is the jump and appying force to the ball. Skill is directing the ball away from the goalkeeper diving lenght and making sure it doesn't go wide (when the ball hits the ground). There is a curling applied to that header.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

In the sense we have used tap-in here, it is not a tap in. We always refer to tap in in respect of goals scored with just a touch required to roll the ball across the goal line. It is assumed the goalkeeper is beaten and the strike requires no skill, direction, power. Just a soft roll into the net like we had in our first goal of the pre-season when Mata passed to Keane to tap-in.

Rooney’s goal required effort and skill to beat the goalkeeper. Effort is the jump and appying force to the ball. Skill is directing the ball away from the goalkeeper diving lenght and making sure it doesn't go wide (when the ball hits the ground). There is a curling applied to that header.

Jump for where? Don't make me laugh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Fellaini was often better than Herrera under Van gaal, especially during our late top 4 run before his ban and he was also fantastic in our run in the FA cup win.

His movement is quite good and he always tries to make vertical passes which is the reason he's often criticised for the poor passes he sometimes made but at least he tried to open up the opposition unlike the spanish Cleverley.

And on his day, his defensive work and ariel duel are notable in the match.

Hear yourself speak " he always tries to make vertical passes which is the reason he's often criticised for the poor passes he sometimes made"

On the same person you said was making incisive passes to open opposition defence.

How many games did we win with Fellaini under LVG apart from the late cup runs?

Even at EURO16, the only match he started he was useless that the coach had to bench him in the remaining matches.

Which pass(es) did he use to open up Bournemouth?

All his passes have been safe passes that are not different from Cleverley's passes. Tell me how many long/ambitious passes he made in matches that will be incisive enough to open opposition defence.

Also, why didn't you criticize Fellaini when he was useless against Leicester? Why didn't you bring out his match highlight as well? You're just a vindictive person.

As for me in that game, the two of them complemented each other and they both played well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2016

My thinking about this Rooney’s stuff and our number 10 position. If Rooney got dropped, I see Mourning favouring Herrera in that position over Mata and Mkhitaryan. Mourinho said his number 10 should be able to defend too, and he said he preferred Oscar over Hazard in the number 10.

I think Herrera will likely play more like Oscar than the other two. Oscar has a great ability to retract and he is a great marker and a wokerholic. Herrera appears to have these characteristics too. But the low point is that Herrera has not been able to shine when given the number role in successive games. We saw that again last season when Rooney was injured and Herrera was being dispossessed easily.

Ibrahimovic will score goals if we get the ball into the box frequently. It looks like our current wingers are not doing that enough, may be for now.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

So person fit tap in with him head? grin

Elamps what if I use my head to score the ball from the ground? Is that still tap in. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol! If there are no mistakes in the game of football, how then will there be goals? Are players meant to just be moving the ball around without looking for who will make mistakes? Goals scored are mostly as results of mistakes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 12:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
shocked

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has reportedly held talks with Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli; Mourinho managed him during his time at Inter Milan........ www.dailyexpress.com

Wayne Rooney will not be offered a contract extension by Manchester United for at least another 18 months. His current deal runs until the summer of 2019...........www.thesun.com

What sort of fuckery is this? Balotelli?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
Elxandre:

Exactly. If it were to be under LVG, Zlatan will still pass that ball back to Martial who was trying to draw away some players with his movement.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2016
Double post.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
tess1:

Hear yourself speak " he always tries to make vertical passes which is the reason he's often criticised for the poor passes he sometimes made"

On the same person you said was making incisive passes to open opposition defence.

How many games did we win with Fellaini under LVG apart from the late cup runs?

Even at EURO16, the only match he started he was useless that the coach had to bench him in the remaining matches.

Which pass(es) did he use to open up Bournemouth?

All his passes have been safe passes that are not different from Cleverley's passes. Tell me how many long/ambitious passes he made in matches that will be incisive enough to open opposition defence.

Also, why didn't you criticize Fellaini when he was useless against Leicester? Why didn't you bring out his match highlight as well? You're just a vindictive person.

As for me in that game, the two of them complemented each other and they both played well.

I never said open up the opposition defence. I sid open up the opposition.
A vertical pass or flick through the middle opens up the opposition faster than the sideways passes of Herrera.

I hardly criticise Fellaini in the same way I hardly praise his performance. I wouldn't even have mentioned Herrera if people hadn't come up with He was good in the match nor would even sing Fellaini praise if the argument of Herrera performance didn't come up
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Jump for where? Don't make me laugh.

He actually jumped but not jimping high. He leaned backward, stretched and then noded forward.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3167) (3168) (3169) (3170) (3171) (3172) (3173) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.