Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,977 members, 7,866,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8882498 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3168) (3169) (3170) (3171) (3172) (3173) (3174) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

He actually jumped but not jimping high. He leaned backward, stretched and then noded forward.

Lol!

Stop making me laugh. That was a tap in goal. He wasn't under any pressure nor obstruction unlike those who jumped to head in goals. The mishit shot was close to his head and he was close to the goal post, all he had to do was to nod the ball in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
codedguy1:

So person fit tap in with him head? grin

Elamps what if I use my head to score the ball from the ground? Is that still tap in. grin

I think the definition is not clear. But if we go by the definition below, you're right.

2. (soccer ) A simple shot into the goal from close range, and without opposition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:
t you bring out his match highlight as well? You
I never said open up the opposition defence. I sid open up the opposition.
A vertical pass or flick through the middle opens up the opposition faster than the sideways passes of Herrera.

I hardly criticise Fellaini in the same way I hardly praise his performance. I wouldn't even have mentioned Herrera if people hadn't come up with He was good in the match nor would I've even sing Fellaini praise if the argument of Herrera performance didn't start.

Where did he open the opposition? In the middle of the pitch, in our own half or where?

In one breath you said he makes vertical passes, in another you said he always tries to make vertical passes which is the reason he's often criticised for the poor passes he sometimes made which simply means those vertical passes were poor.

This simply means most of his passes are not incisive but simple passes.

Herrera still make more of those incisive passes than Fellaini. He has always been good at that and that's what reflected in his key passes and through balls stats during his last season at Bilbao.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2016
tess1:

Where did he open the opposition? In the middle of the pitch, in our own half or where?

In one breath you said he makes vertical passes, in another you said he always tries to make vertical passes which is the reason he's often criticised for the poor passes he sometimes made which simply means those vertical passes were poor.

This simply means most of his passes are not incisive but simple passes.

Herrera still make more of those incisive passes than Fellaini. He has always been good at that and that's what reflected in his key passes and through balls stats during his last season at Bilbao.

The koko be Fellaini was the DM yet he still made more vertical passes than the Spanish cleverly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol!

Stop making me laugh. That was a tap in goal. He wasn't under any pressure nor obstruction unlike those who jumped to head in goals. The mishit shot was close to his head and he was close to the goal post, all he had to do was to nod the ball in.

Rooney was leveled with a defender, although unmarked. The fact that there was a keeper to beat makes it not a tap in goal my opinion.

That header could easily be missed. Some might have headed straight to the goalkeeper or even wide. You have to know how to use the head very well to be able to head that ball with the amount of curling it needed to go into the net avoiding the Keeper's reach.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

Rooney was leveled with a defender, although unmarked. The fact that there was a keeper to beat makes it not a tap in goal my opinion.

That header could easily be missed. Some might have headed straight to the goalkeeper or even wide. You have to know how to use the head very well to be able to head that ball with the amount of curling it needed to go into the net avoiding the Keeper's reach.

And tap in can't be missed? Haven't you seen a player lambasted for missing a tap in?

Also, not only open goal are tap in situation, a goalkeeper could be there as well.

BTW Rooney was free in that particular situation. In fact, over free dey worry am there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

The koko be Fellaini was the DM yet he still made more vertical passes than the Spanish cleverly.

Vertical passes in defensive areas! Not different from the type our defenders made.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

And tap in can't be missed? Haven't you seen a player lambasted for missing a tap in?

Also, not only open goal are tap in situation, a goalkeeper could be there as well.

BTW Rooney was free in that particular situation. In fact, over free dey worry am there.

In my opinion, tap ins are when you need to just roll the ball across the goal line. Like Keane did with Mata's pass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
tess1:

Vertical passes in defensive areas! Not different from the type our defenders made.

Which means our defender are even more intelligent than the Spanish Cleverley. Speaking of Cleverley, his floated shot-like crosses are even more of revelation than the ones people were praising Herrera for in the match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Whether header or not, na tap in.
Do you have to use only your leg to tap in a ball?
Some peeps dey suffer from brain disturbance on here.
a tap in is quaresma's goal against croatia.
u don craze my guy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

In my opinion, tap ins are when you need to just roll the ball across the goal line. Like Keane did with Mata's pass.

In my own, a close range goal is a tap in.

In fact, I tends to credit players who scored close range goals under obstruction from the opposition defender a lot more. Why did you think people often try to degrade some of Ronaldo's goals?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
Funlordjnr:
shocked

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has
reportedly held talks with Liverpool striker
Mario Balotelli; Mourinho managed him during
his time at Inter Milan........ www.dailyexpress.com

Wayne Rooney will not be offered a contract
extension by Manchester United for at least
another 18 months. His current deal runs
until the summer of 2019...........www.thesun.com

What sort of fuckery is this? Balotelli?
did u bother reading the balotelli article at all?
Jose meeting him has nothing to do with signing him

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 1:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
Funlordjnr:
shocked

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has
reportedly held talks with Liverpool striker
Mario Balotelli; Mourinho managed him during
his time at Inter Milan........ www.dailyexpress.com

Wayne Rooney will not be offered a contract
extension by Manchester United for at least
another 18 months. His current deal runs
until the summer of 2019...........www.thesun.com

What sort of fuckery is this? Balotelli?
good deal.

forget the bad press he's been getting, balotelli is cheap, but we know he can be good if motivated.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
Elxandre:

good deal.

forget the bad press he's been getting, balotelli is cheap, but we know he can be good if motivated.

What?

What about Rashford
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
Elxandre:

a tap in is quaresma's goal against croatia.

u don craze my guy.

For me, Rooney goal was tap in. He was under no pressure, close to the goal and the ball was hit close to his head, he didn't even make any movement unlike some players does with their onrushing movements.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

What?
What about Rashford
An 18 year old good player will always get his chance sooner or later.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 1:20pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

What?
What about Rashford
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
Elxandre:

Huh?
Ibra even has 1+1 contract and he's already talking about staying for 3yrs?

That's fuccked up. I can't believe Mourinho is even looking for another Striker and defender when we have Rash or TFM respectively. Bailley and Ibra are already here, why more?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by zlatan10(m): 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
Leaked Manchester united #fifa17 players rating

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Huh?
Ibra even has 1+1 contract and he's already talking about staying for 3yrs?

That's fuccked up. I can't believe Mourinho is even looking for another Striker and defender when we have Rash or TFM respectively. Bailley and Ibra are already here, why more?
Balo is 26.
ibra is 34 & already declining.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
Elxandre:

Balo is 26.
ibra is 34 & already declining.

The thing is Rash should be the one being groomed to take over from Ibra in a year time but I'm hearing 3yrs now and the Balo rumours.

What the hell!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 1:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
lekkie073:
did u bother reading the balotelli article at all?
Jose meeting him has nothing to do with signing him

Even meeting him is of no use! Or is jose now his personal psychologist?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 1:56pm On Aug 17, 2016

"Semi-looping header" with a defender and a keeper trying to close you down don turn to "tap in?"

Abeg make I go chop!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

In my own, a close range goal is a tap in.

In fact, I tends to credit players who scored close range goals under obstruction from the opposition defender a lot more. Why did you think people often try to degrade some of Ronaldo's goals?

Using your logic, this beautiful Mata goal vs Liverpool is a tap in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuC5byQH7WA

Same way too with some Bervatov beautiful finish from close range. I am not even to mention Chicharito or Inzaghi who score from close range. Mr Kagawa10, it is only when there is no opposition to beat (including the goalkeeper) that you can begin to talk of tap in.

You no know ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

Using your logic, this beautiful Mata goal vs Liverpool is a tap in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuC5byQH7WA

Same way too with some Bervatov beautiful finish from close range. I am not even to mention Chicharito or Inzaghi who score from close range. Mr Kagawa10, it is only when there is no opposition to beat (including the goalkeeper) that you can begin to talk of tap in.

You no know ball.

How is that the same with Rooney?

Mata was onrushing to the ball after starting the move and a defender was even distracting him before his scissor/overhead kick compared to a stationary Rooney with a mishit shot close to his head with no pressure whatsoever? Haba!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

How is that the same with Rooney?

Mata was onrushing to the ball after starting the move and a defender was even distracting him before his scissor/overhead kick compared to a stationary Rooney with a mishit shot close to his head with no pressure whatsoever? Haba!

Tap in has nothing to do with the build up. Mata scored from close range and was alone in that place. He had shot before the defender arrived.

Most tap ins are scored by players on rushing. Even when Keam received from Mata, he was on rushing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
Secondly, Mata was inside the first box whereas Rooney was in the second.
Let's not even talk about the situation involved, which is closer?
And lol at looping header!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

Tap in has nothing to do with the build up. Mata scored from close range and was alone in that place. He had shot before the defender arrived.

Most tap ins are scored by players on rushing. Even when Keam received from Mata, he was on rushing.

One fact is defenders were on Mata's neck and he was further from the goal unlike Rooney who was near the gaol and stationary with a lucky shot close to his head under no pressure. How is that the same?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

One fact is defenders were on Mata's neck and he was further from the goal unlike Rooney who was near the gaol and stationary with a lucky shot close to his head under no pressure. How is that the same?

All these are now stories. Tell me since when tap in is defined by stories. The two were simply not tap ins. A tap in is simply when one can roll the ball across the goal line without opposition/goalkeeper. E.g Keane's goals against Wigan.

But the truth here is that Mata was unmarked. If he stopped the ball, he would be caught though, same in Rooney's case. They needed to shoot and beat the goalkeeper. I can also show you even closer range goals from Bervatov but will not pass as tap ins.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:31pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

All these are now stories. Tell me since when tap in is defined by stories. The two were simply not tap ins. A tap in is simply when one can roll the ball across the goal line without opposition/goalkeeper. E.g Keane's goals against Wigan.

But the truth here is that Mata was unmarked. If he stopped the ball, he would be caught though, same in Rooney's case. They needed to shoot and beat the goalkeeper. I can also show you even closer range goals from Bervatov but will not pass as tap ins.

Unmarked? What was that black defender doing beside Mata kicking?

You know what? I define my own tap in and for me Rooney header was a tap in from close range under no obstruction.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:
Secondly, Mata was inside the first box whereas Rooney was in the second.

Let's not even talk about the situation involved, which is closer?

And lol at looping header!

Rooney was in the second box, then counted about three steps to the edge of the first box.

If Rooney had even scored from 19 yards without anyone in goal, I could call that a tap in. But with someone to beat, it is never a tap in.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3168) (3169) (3170) (3171) (3172) (3173) (3174) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Englishisamust and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.