Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,981 members, 7,863,487 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:47 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8872825 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3169) (3170) (3171) (3172) (3173) (3174) (3175) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Unmarked? What was that black defender doing beside Mata kicking?

You know what? I define my own tap in and for me Rooney header was a tap in from close range under no obstruction.

Your definition is wrong. And Mata was not obstructed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

Rooney was in the second box, then counted about three steps to the edge of the first box.

If Rooney had even scored from 19 yards without anyone in goal, I could call that a tap in. But with someone to beat, it is never a tap in.

Who did he beat? The goalkeeper? Especially one who already flapped first when Martial missed-hit the shot?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Who did he beat? The goalkeeper? Especially one who already flapped first when Martial missed-hit the shot?

Yes, the keeper was on his feet and dived full lenght towards the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:45pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

Yes, the keeper was on his feet and dived full lenght towards the ball.

Lol!

You know I could have stated 'Rooney header' in my first post? But I want to emphasise what I thought about the goal and for me, it was an easy goal which depended a lot on Martial mis-hit shot.

Still what I think it is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 2:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
Elxandre:
a tap in is quaresma's goal against croatia.
u don craze my guy.
How's the epl going to be I cant forget Euro'16.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol!

You know I could have stated 'Rooney header' in my first post? But I want to emphasise what I thought about the goal and for me, it was an easy goal which depended a lot on Martial mis-hit shot.

Still what I think it is.

Rooney's goal was from a clear cut chance. But not a tap in.

Someone like you would call Torres goal a tap in when he dribbled the goalkeeper when Chelsea beat Barca. Or when a striker intercepts a back pass, then dribble the goalkeeper, you would call it a tap in.

There is a difference between goal from clear cut chance and a tap in goal. Tap in = just roll it across the goal line with nothing on the way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 3:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Unmarked? What was that black defender doing beside Mata kicking?

You know what? I define my own tap in and for me Rooney header was a tap in from close range under no obstruction.

Stop Posting rubbish biko! angry

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

Rooney's goal was from a clear cut chance. But not a tap in.

Someone like you would call Torres goal a tap in when he dribbled the goalkeeper when Chelsea beat Barca. Or when a striker intercepts a back pass, then beat the goalkeeper, you would call it a tap in.

There is a difference between goal from clear cut chance and a tap in goal.

Clear cut chances could lead to tap in goals though. That's why we have poachers in the game.

That's why players who does a lot than just poaching in the goal wouldn't be called out.

That's exactly what Torres did vs Barca. He made a lot of effort to ensure ''a sure'' goal by dribbling the keeper in order to face an empty net and that's no tap in but in Rooney case, the keeper could have kept it out on any other day and he could have let in as well however the main fact is that it was easy for Rooney in that position under no pressure.

Just to say, my main point from the start was that we hardly create a lot in the game and we had to depend on Martial mishit leading to a "tap in", Ibra brilliance and a mistake from the opponent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
The fact Mourinho might want to sign Ballotelli proves one thing...He knows Rooney is useless as a striker and besides its more likely a loan deal.

Liverpool offered to pay some of his wages when he begged sassuolo to loan him. I still think it might be a loan deal, a fairly cheap one at that so it's not a bad deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
Vanquay16:
The fact Mourinho might want to sign Ballotelli proves one thing...He knows Rooney is useless as a striker and besides its more likely a loan deal.

Liverpool offered to pay some of his wages when he begged sassuolo to loan him. I still think it might be a loan deal, a fairly cheap one at that so it's not a bad deal.

The same loan deal like Falcao's that had Chicharito leave?

We have one in Rash that has better potential than Chicharito and has done better than Ballo in the previous year but no, Ballotelli is the answer?

The main fact is Mourinho hardly trust kids and that's the raw truth. The man never seems to amaze me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

The same loan deal like Falcao's that had Chicharito leave?

We have one in Rash that has better potential than Chicharito and has done better than Ballo last year but no, it's Ballotelli that's the answer?

The main fact is Mourinho hardly trust kids and that's the raw truth. The man never seems to amaze me.
Man Utd knew what they were getting involved in when they signed the "Useless one" I maintain my stance, he's here to waste our money and time.

Rashford is the only True No 9 because I see Martial deployed on the wings a lot, so it's not that bad if we get one more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
Vanquay16:

Man Utd knew what they were getting involved in when they signed the "Useless one" I maintain my stance, he's here to waste our money and time.

Rashford is the only True No 9 because I see Martial deployed on the wings a lot, so it's not that bad if we get one more.

Do we really need 3 strikers when players like Martial, Rooney and even Depay can play there?

As far as I know, it would be Ibra first, closely followed by Balotelli except Rashford is played on the wing. That's not to talk about Mourinho little room for rotation in most of his matches.

It would be even better for Rashford to be loaned out than all this rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Clear cut chances could lead to tap in goals though. That's why we have poachers in the game.

That's why players who does a lot than just poaching in the goal wouldn't be called out.

That's exactly what Torres did vs Barca. He made a lot of effort to ensure ''a sure'' goal by dribbling the keeper in order to face an empty net and that's no tap in but in Rooney case, the keeper could have kept it out on any other day and he could have let in as well however the main fact is that it was easy for Rooney in that position under no pressure.

Just to say, my main point from the start was that we hardly create a lot in the game and we had to depend on Martial mishit leading to a "tap in", Ibra brilliance and a mistake from the opponent.

What was the scoreline in that Bournemouth vs Manchester United match, and what was the scoreline in the rest league games? Did you know Chelsea won from an outside the box effort from Costa? City from an own goal?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
OK. Today's topic/argument is on Tap-in.

Kontinuu!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:52pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

What was the scoreline in that Bournemouth vs Manchester United match, and what was the scoreline in the rest league games? Did you know Chelsea won from an outside the box effort from Costa? City from an own goal?

Bournemouth was a weak opponent though.

Did you see Valencia cross before Martial mishit? The opposition defender already got the ball off Valencia and instead of booting it off if he didn't have the confidence of keeping it under control, he had to lose it again to Valencia.

That was 2 mistakes leading to just 1 goal, apart from
the mistake that led to the first goal.

BTW, I had to comment on our performance because someone was mocking how City scored vs Sunderland.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
Vanquay16:

Nahh, we dont and will never need Balotelli .... He should take his soccer to China or U.S angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2016
Mourinho is not a fool, no way are we bidding for Balotelli.
Rashford at the moment is way better than Balotelli and offers the pace and movement that we lack.
To be abundantly clear i will take Will Keane ahead of this current Balotelli
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

Bournemouth was a weak opponent though.

Did you see Valencia cross before Martial mishit? The opposition defender already got the ball off Valencia and instead of booting it off if he didn't have the confidence of keeping it under control, he had to lose it again to Valencia.

That was 2 mistakes leading to just 1 goal, apart from
the mistake that led to the first goal.

BTW, I had to comment on our performance because someone was mocking how City scored vs Sunderland.

You only see negatives.

What about Valencia's pull back to Mata, then Mata to Rooney that should have been a goal had Rooney not miscued the shot?

Between Bournemouth and Sunderland, which was a weaker opponent?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
Vanquay16:

where the hell r u ppl getting dis rubbish of Jose wanting to sign baloteli. why don't u read d full details of an article before jumping to banal conclusions. I bow for una o

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
Vanquay16:

You contradicting yourself here. In the same sentence you saying mourinho is wasting money then admitting to needing another striker which by the way is nonsense. Calm your tits down bro mourinho wouldn't sign Balloteli unless he needs him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
afrodoc2:

Rashford at the moment is way better than Balotelli and offers the pace and movement that we lack.
Balotelli didn't have e'er anything Good to offer united we don't want him jhur he should go to another club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

You only see negatives.

What about Valencia's pull back to Mata, then Mata to Rooney that should have been a goal had Rooney not miscued the shot?

Maybe he is a photographer? LOL
The truth is a lot of posters here have their own agenda and will never see the truth in any contrary position.
You and your Rooney camp, Ruudie n Binghi in the Moyes People's Party, Kagawa in the Van Gaal School of thought.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2016
afrodoc2:

Balotelli didn't have anything Good to offer united we don't want him jhur he should go to another club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

You only see negatives.

Between Bournemouth and Sunderland, which was a weaker opponent?

The main point is we hardly created a lot similar to City's performance and the emphasis was on the goals scored.

Also, Bournemouth was as poor as Sunderland. At least, Sunderland parked the bus vs City unlike Bournemouth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
How can someone post a dailymail article and people will believe. Those guys are even bigger liars than goal.com.

I'm happy ibra is thinking of staying here for the next three years. His game time will surely start to reduce around his second season due to age and Rashford will step up.

The experience of having someone like ibra for as long as possible will help Rashford immensely. Mou definitely has plans for Rashers. The way he's been talking about him since he was appointed you would think Rashford was his son.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
Diademk07:

The main point is we hardly created a lot similar to City's performance and the emphasis was on the goals scored.

Also, Bournemouth was as poor as Sunderland. At least, Sunderland parked the bus vs City unlike Bournemouth.

You have forgotten that Mourinho has his tactics. His first priority is to make his team compact at the back to make it difficult to break down or concede goals. The midfielders and wingers play deep most of the time to protect the defence.

So you cannot compare City's approach to ours. It is scoreline that matters to Mourinho, not pressing possession or pressing the opposition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2016
eph12:

You contradicting yourself here. In the same sentence you saying mourinho is wasting money then admitting to needing another striker which by the way is nonsense. Calm your tits down bro mourinho wouldn't sign Balloteli unless he needs him

I never said he needed a striker, I only implied Balotelli might be loaned in as a cover striker, the signing isn't a priority

GloryIsaac:

Nahh, we dont and will never need Balotelli .... He should take his soccer to China or U.S angry

Why is everyone writing off Balotelli, he was on the comeback till he broke his leg at milan

lekkie073:
where the hell r u ppl getting dis rubbish of Jose wanting to sign baloteli. why don't u read d full details of an article before jumping to banal conclusions. I bow for una o

Why don't you read my post again before jumping into banal conclusions?

According to you, "Might want" is "wanting"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
Vanquay16:

I never said he needed a striker, I only implied Balotelli might be loaned in as a cover

[b][i][color=#770077]Why don't you read my post again before jumping into banal conclusions?

According to you, "Might want" is "wanting"

Mr man, Jose meeting with balo have no remote relation to the issue of manutd signing him.

"might want" is a conclusion in itself....a banal one for dat matter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
elampiro:

You have forgotten that Mourinho has his tactics. His first priority is to make his team compact at the back to make it difficult to break down or concede goals. The midfielders and wingers play deep most of the time to protect the defence.

So you cannot compare City's approach to ours. It is scoreline that matters to Mourinho, not pressing possession or pressing the opposition.

Against an open Bournemouth?

Well, Mourinho is having the 'buzz' around a new coach. Let's wait to see how it last.

I'm sure I would even be more patient than some on here later on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
Vanquay16:

[b][i][color=#770077]I never said he needed a striker, I only implied Balotelli might be loaned in as a cover striker,
Which is not a bad thing according to you yes? Well it is!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
Not just Balotelli
We are signing Super Mario as well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3169) (3170) (3171) (3172) (3173) (3174) (3175) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eyezik3(m), jackest1(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.