Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8752676 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3529) (3530) (3531) (3532) (3533) (3534) (3535) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Professorfrisky: 6:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
LVG AT OT DEFEATED ARSENAL 3 2, LVG DEFEATED LIVERPOOL AT ANFIELD, CHELSEA FORCED MAN U TO DRAW UNDER LVG BUT MOURINHO'S MAN U WERE BLITZED, LVG BEAT CITY BUT CITY DESTROYED MOU'S UNITED 2 1 AT OT. IS UNITED PROGRESSING OR REGRESSING. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
elampiro:

How do you people watch football? Jones had no business with Giroud. Jones' man was Koscielny.

It was Schneirderlin who should have man marked Giroud for the cross. Valencia also had a better chance to contest that header with Giroud but we know Valencia has poor aerial ability.

Koscielny technically blocked Jones to ensure Giroud had a clear header. Schneirderlin ensured Koscielny had a free header.

I haven't seen any players rating analysis that blamed Jones for the goal.
no mind dem Jones was excellent today, i just can't help but feel sorry for smalling.

and for those people calling for rashford to start in his favorite position, hope you guys have been served the "not bad as zlatan" performance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
If Schneiderlin picked Giroud, he would had no chance of having a good header on the ball.

Jones marked Koscielny. But who marked Giroud? We even outnumbered them in the box, 8 against 5. Yet Giroud was unmarked.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
we should get a winger [LW] dis January and a centre back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
elampiro:

How do you people watch football? Jones had no business with Giroud. Jones' man was Koscielny.

It was Schneirderlin who should have man marked Giroud for the cross. Valencia also had a better chance to contest that header with Giroud but we know Valencia has poor aerial ability.

Koscielny technically blocked Jones to ensure Giroud had a clear header. Schneirderlin ensured Koscielny had a free header.

I haven't seen any players rating analysis that blamed Jones for the goal.

Elampawa, na simple question I ask, why you come dey yan jagbajantis like this.

I say wetin make Jones fall yakata? (I did not blame him for the goal na)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
weedtaker:
no mind dem Jones was excellent today, i just can't help but feel sorry for smalling.

and for those people calling for rashford to start in his favorite position, hope you guys have been served the "not bad as zlatan" performance.

Can't wait to have Bailly Back!.. (at least I trust him more)

To some extent I missed Zlatan today sha angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
Professorfrisky:
LVG AT OT DEFEATED ARSENAL 3 2, LVG DEFEATED LIVERPOOL AT ANFIELD, CHELSEA FORCED MAN U TO DRAW UNDER LVG BUT MOURINHO'S MAN U WERE BLITZED, LVG BEAT CITY BUT CITY DESTROYED MOU'S UNITED 2 1 AT OT. IS UNITED PROGRESSING OR REGRESSING. grin

Nyabinghi, when are they arresting Wenger for not beating united?

Tell us na...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2016
weedtaker:

Rashford was isolated upfront na.. Mata who's supposed to create was busy dragging the striking position, Pogba created little also! What do you expect him to do?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2016
21Savagw:

Maybe...I would love If POTUS is a Man Utd fan, I think there are articles out there that point to the fact he's close with the Glazer family...Man Utd and Great men are like...*Insert Zuma meme*

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2016
Kagawa10:

Rashford was isolated upfront na.. Mata who's supposed to create was busy dragging the striking position, Pogba created little also! What do you expect him to do?
aside the fact of being isolated, he created little and made it hard for our wing play to yeild anything fruitful, his positioning inside arsenal's box was average, [ something he's known to be very good at], and finally his decision making was shyte, imo lingard would've done a better job.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
elrony:

Can't wait to have Bailly Back!.. (at least I trust him more)

To some extent I missed Zlatan today sha angry
you know, Rashidi lost almost all the duel today! Zlatan would have caused a lot of trouble today... But who am I to blame him...

I am not really happy with the draw. Arsenal aint expecting this from us even me! We are still not get things right up front

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
weedtaker:
aside the fact of being isolated, he created little and made it hard for our wing play to yeild anything fruitful, his positioning inside arsenal's box was average, [ something he's known to be very good at], and finally his decision making was shyte, imo lingard would've done a better job.

No! Mr Weedtaker, I wont take that from you... Lingard do better up front than Rashidi No sir
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
weedtaker:

If Fellaini was on the bench he would have gone in instead of Morgan. No way Giroud has a chance in hell getting a free header.

The one area Rashidi needs massive improvement is in his hold up play with his back to goal. He's really terrible in that aspect, but he has the time & im hoping he works on this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
Barca and refs....
8 minutes extra time and two red cards.

I think Kameni is the most underrated keeper alive.

Cc Martineinstein
I see Una o smiley ... Just hope Madrid wins today.
Not likely though! smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
weedtaker:

Rashford is known for his finishing, not his creativity and I don't think I've ever seen him miss a goal scoring chance.. The responsibility is on the team to create chances for him and the team failed in that aspect!

That said, his link up with Martial in the first half was quite good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2016
Hissexcellencie:
Rooney did not do better at CF today; no shot on target didn't create more chances up front than Marcus did.. Carried no goalscoring threat.
he played well. his movement opened up spaces which the others around couldn't read on time or were just no fast enough.

I can only point to one mess up in his movement when Pogba snatched a ball for counter attack & Rooney was just as confused as the Nyashnal defenders on how to make a great run.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
grin

It's obvious United Fans are Oliver Twist..... very hard to please and satisfy. The Team is on right track, and JM is doing his works excellently.

We are dropping points not unnecessarily, rather unluckily. We are playing good football, the Players are gradually getting confidence to play and dominate Games with no regard to the Opponent(s).

We did miss Ibrahimovic Today! He would have scored or got an assist in the Match. Also we would have blamed JM if he started Rooney ahead of Rashford as a Striker or Martial as a Winger. We are indeed Oliver Twist.

The positive things are; the Team is picking up and gaining confidence. I'm so happy to see Mata and Herrera proving Doubters wrong week in week out. Also it's so amazing Jones played 2 Matches consecutively without getting injured.

I thought Rojo was a new Signing until I put on my Glasses to see clearly. He's also improving and seems ready to fight for Shirt.

Mkhtaryan is happy at United. He's definitely happy and he's training hard to get fit and ready! We ain't at Carrington. We do not know whether he's ready or not. I think we should trust the Manager on this issue.

We should stop blaming any of the Lads for the goal conceded. What did you expect from Wenger to do? He's a top Manager and he did the right thing. It's either they lose honorably or fight to get a draw. He made a good move and it panned out positively.

I'm proud of the Team, also happy the Fans are furious for getting a point out of possible 3...... it shows the winning mentality is back!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2016
Kagawa10:

Rashford is known for his finishing, not his creativity and I don't think I've ever seen him miss a goal scoring chance.. The responsibility is on the team to create chances for him and the team failed in that aspect!

He was poor!

He lacked any presence as a striker today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
Oasis007

With that epistle of yours up there, how can I be sure you aren't the blogger Mata? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2016
Elxandre:

He was poor!

He lacked any presence as a striker today.

Lmao... We created little yet you expected something from the striker? Also, those Pogba's chipped passes won't work for Rashford. It barely works for Ibra whose height makes up for it but with Rashford, it's just nonsense!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2016
Elxandre:
Oasis007

With that epistle of yours up there, how can I be sure you aren't the blogger Mata? cheesy

grin

I am not pls!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
"Imagine if we had the six points we lost at home, where we would be. We had three amazing performances. I am sure we are going to play other matches like that at home and we are going to win. That’s football.

"What we did against Stoke, Burnley and Arsenal at home, is for the people to leave the stadium with the happiness of the nine points, but instead we go with three points, which is really bad, but the performance levels make me believe a lot in the future. It is not possible that you are unlucky every game, but in this moment we are unlucky every game, which is incredible."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
adebayo201:
[/b]
No! Mr Weedtaker, I wont take that from you... Lingard do better up front than Rashidi No sir
in dis particular match i think he'll do better, don't expect you to agree though.
Kagawa10:

me thinks his positioning was to blamed for that.
yea, saw that too,

still don't know what's wrong with martial though, niqqa seems to have lost his magic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2016
"The work was good, they are working well. Jones and Rojo did not go to the national team, they stayed and we worked in the past two weeks.

"They are working so, so well. Antonio had a broken arm, but he played amazingly well. Top players like Sanchez, Ozil, Walcott - we saw nothing from them because of us, not because of them. We had good chances: if Rooney had passed to Pogba he has an open goal. Rojo had a header with an open goal. We had chances to kill the game at 2-0 but out of nothing, 1-1."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2016
"The players are quiet. They feel like it is a defeat and they are very disappointed. But I told them, the worse feeling is when you are upset with yourself because you didn’t perform or you made big mistakes, but they cannot have that feeling.

"They have to be proud with what they did, but obviously they are very disappointed because we lost two points against a very good team that did not have a shot [on target]."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:20pm On Nov 19, 2016
"I think we have amazing fans – the way they react after this draw is amazing, because they know the players did fantastic work and they can control their disappointment with the result to praise the players and their performance."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
"Everybody knows that [the bad luck]. Not me, because I am Manchester United manager, not you because you are the Manchester United journalist, but I think everyone knows this.

"The boys, they played so well, so well. From the defensive point of view, they were perfect except the goal. We were perfect the way we controlled them, we were so good. David De Gea, not one save. We were dangerous, we scored, we should have scored more. We were very positive in our approach, very aggressive, pressing high, but we were very, very unlucky."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
"I don't want to speak about it. I have a very good feeling with Andre Marriner. He is the kind of referee who, if he makes mistakes against my team, there is no intention.

"He doesn't want to be the star of the game, he is a good referee. I don't want to say if it is a mistake or not; I know because I saw the video, but I don't want to say because he is a good referee."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
weedtaker:
in dis particular match i think he'll do better, don't expect you to agree though. me thinks his positioning was to blamed for that.
yea, saw that too,

still don't know what's wrong with martial though, niqqa seems to have lost his magic.

Which positioning are you talking about? He saw little of the ball yet you're talking about positioning? Even Ibra often drops deep to create chances for himself as soon as he realises nothing is forth coming.. Rashford isn't as good as Ibra in that aspect but as long as the team creates the chances, he's good enough to finish them off, even quite better than Ibra..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:29pm On Nov 19, 2016
[b]“We were really close to winning the game but this is the Premier League, this is football and you know that every team fights until the end. They did that and had one chance at the end of the game, Giroud with a great header, and we only get a point.

“I think it was a good game from our side and for the fans. It was a typical Premier League game with emotion and passion, with goals.

“We were really close to having a happy weekend but now we can’t have a happy weekend. We can be proud of the performance, but obviously we’re really disappointed with the result.

“It was a great run from Ander. He always chooses the right option when he arrives on the ball. I felt the ball was coming to me and I could finish first time. I would have been more happy if it was the goal that meant three points.

“I always feel really privileged to play in these kinds of games and score goals in front of the fans at Old Trafford, so we need to try to do it more.

“We didn’t score [in the first half]. Cech made two or three good saves and we have to deal with that. At the end of the day we only scored one goal and it wasn’t enough today.

“I don’t know [if it was a penalty in the first half]. Valencia isn’t a player that normally falls to the ground for no reason but I don’t know as I didn’t see.

“We feel the same. We’ve had three games, three draws. I honestly feel that we have deserved to win these games and we would have had nine points instead of three and be really close to the top.

“But we have to be positive, think about the performance and keep playing like this to get the points.”

- Juan Mata
[/b]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by edoyad(m): 7:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
grin cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
I just can not for the life of me understand why Mata was subbed. He was our most dangerous player and Arsenal were doing Jack.
This is two points lost. And where did that extremely long added extra time come from?
I still believe This team is a good team capable of winning this league sooner or later.
Jose will get things right in the end. We just need to get behind the manager and support our colours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3529) (3530) (3531) (3532) (3533) (3534) (3535) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.