Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8742801 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3540) (3541) (3542) (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) ... (14155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2016
ChristineC:
if the manager goes out to procure another young striker, at what cost? what happens to Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial? people will still lament about the kill-youth angle.
Zlatan Ibrahimović has 6 goals (8 in all) and you say he is finished because he went on a lean spell. Can I ask you how many goals vibrant Alexis Sanchez has?

Martial has been permanently converted to an attacking winger and will not have a shot at CF.
Rashford will still be there backed up by the new striker, or you're expecting any team in this world to have one CF?

Zlatan is finished, those goals how many of them are against top teams? Against Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Co, where was his goals? Where were his contributions? Zlatan is not cut out for the toughness of EPL at 35 years of age.

Sanchez is not a CF, and how Assanal choose to use him is not our problem.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
sinizia:
Martial has been permanently converted to an attacking winger and will not have a shot at CF.
Rashford will still be there backed up by the new striker, or you're expecting any team in this world to have one CF?

Zlatan is finished, those goals how many of them are against top teams? Against Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Co, where was his goals? Where were his contributions? Zlatan is not cut out for the toughness of EPL at 35 years of age.

Sanchez is not a CF, and how Assanal choose to use him is not our problem.
a common denominator among supporters of any British institution is that they over-estimate it subconsciously. a striker is assessed by his goals in the end, the worth doesn't change be against men or women.
Anthony Martial is still a striker like Wayne Rooney, that's why he's multifunctional. Marcus Rashford can also play as winger so nothing new.

35-year-old Zlatan Ibrahimović is physically fitter than teenage Will Keane for example.

and if you are asking me his contributions then maybe this is not worth discussing.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:25pm On Nov 23, 2016
To praise the left back of Monaco and point out that Shaw needs to improve his game and overall toughness equals to a plastic or fickle fan abi? Some of you guys here are just impossible.
Is Shaw doing as well as he should? I think not, he should improve or be shipped out as with a host of the other players on the books of the club...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:27pm On Nov 23, 2016
Well, I take solace from Cavani for our CF grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
dis cavani is pure shyte.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
ChristineC:

a common denominator among supporters of any British institution is that they over-estimate it subconsciously. a striker is assessed by his goals in the end, the worth doesn't change be against men or women.
Anthony Martial is still a striker like Wayne Rooney, that's why he's multifunctional. Marcus Rashford can also play as winger so nothing new.

I doubt there's any other way apart from injuries to both Zlatan and Rashford that would make Mourinho consider Martial in the CF role. Wayne would be considered an option as a CF ahead of Martial. It's just the truth.

35-year-old Zlatan Ibrahimović is physically fitter than teenage Will Keane for example.

and if you are asking me his contributions then maybe this is not worth discussing.

The same snail-esque Zlatan that pundits had lambasted is fitter than Will Keane? Why? Coz he's a black belt holder? You can't cheat nature, sis. Zlatan of 20s is more fitter than this Zlatan. I'm not saying Zlatan is wack, but he's not the savior of our CF position. He's old and lacks the strength of his prime.

Zlatan's cost matches, I just don't fathom why you think his contributions has been great. To me it's been piss-poor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
weedtaker:
dis cavani is pure shyte.
Mehn! His misses make me apologise to Ibra grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
patrickmuf:
To praise the left back of Monaco and point out that Shaw needs to improve his game and overall toughness equals to a plastic or fickle fan abi? Some of you guys here are just impossible.
Is Shaw doing as well as he should? I think not, he should improve or be shipped out as with a host of the other players on the books of the club...

I don't care about the comparison with the left-back of Monaco, all I know is that Shaw needs to improve. He's performing below the hype he came with from Southhampton.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
chrisley024:
Well, I take solace from Cavani for our CF grin

If you complain about Zlatan again, I will curse you wit Cavani
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:37pm On Nov 23, 2016
If we ever sign cavani. I will never watch premier league football again.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:38pm On Nov 23, 2016
ChristineC:

Martial has been poor for us but am not sure he or Rashford would have had as much misses as Ibra if played as strikers. The only edge Ibra is that he can hold up play and allow people run in. Unfortunately no one has been taking advantage of that. Shot conversion ratio is key in assessing strikers.

But even if we bring in world class strikers we will still struggle unless we take care of the right and left wing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2016
MrTA:
If we ever sign cavani. I will never watch premier league football again.
Who's signing him when we have Rooney.

Mehn! Dude misses go in series.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:47pm On Nov 23, 2016
sinizia:

I don't care about the comparison with the left-back of Monaco, all I know is that Shaw needs to improve. He's performing below the hype he came with from Southhampton.
At least you're objective enough to see that he hasn't lived up to expectation thus far...I still have think he will come good with more dedication and mental toughness
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

I no fit shout! It's like he starts missing and goes on
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2016
patrickmuf:
At least you're objective enough to see that he hasn't lived up to expectation thus far...I still have think he will come good with more dedication and mental toughness

Only a sentimental United fan will think Shaw hasn't been performing averagely generally since we bought him. Last season, he was having a bright beginning and it was looking like he's finally gonna come good for us then he got injured and it's back to square one for him. He can come good for us but like you said, he needs to be dedicated and Mourinho needs to calm down on the public dress-down he's giving his players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 23, 2016
Bunch of brainless thugs.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2016
sinizia:

Shebi i talk dis same things before season start, una wan maul me...?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:03am On Nov 24, 2016
RuuDie:

Shebi i talk dis same things before season start, una wan maul me...?

Who be the "una"? Definitely not me. I was against the buy of Zlatan in the middle of last season before we're ever linked with him via the rumor mills, Raumdeuter will bear me witness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:10am On Nov 24, 2016
raumdeuter:

grin

God forbid bad thing.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:39am On Nov 24, 2016
sinizia:

Who be the "una"? Definitely not me. I was against the buy of Zlatan in the middle of last season before we're ever linked with him via the rumor mills, Raumdeuter will bear me witness.

Anyway, e dey here now... make we manage am so. At least, e don dey serious small and e dey put body and mind for ball. Shakara don reduce. Na dat weyrey Pogba don start him own crase now! angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:39am On Nov 24, 2016
ChristineC:
it's clear he'd stay beyond the season. the young forwards are showing they can't shoulder the responsibilities yet. they should be ready in a year's time or so.
rashford won't be ready if his wasting away on the left side.that Arsenal game can't be what we judge the guy on,we are not even halfway through the season yet.
I would've liked if we waited till around season ending before any contract/extension talks for anybody.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:41am On Nov 24, 2016
RuuDie:

Anyway, e dey here now... make we manage am so. At least, e don dey serious small and e dey put body and mind for ball. Shakara don reduce. Na dat weyrey Pogba don start him own crase now! angry
shay you still dey watch our game sef ?
no follow haters curse pogba,
he dey play well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:28am On Nov 24, 2016
RuuDie:

Them don hack this account o. shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by edoyad(m): 7:31am On Nov 24, 2016
Mourinho scared the hell out of Ozil here grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZV1r7pTyi4
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 24, 2016
Your manager can't even zip up his jacket.

An idiot for a stupid club.. How Befitting.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:33am On Nov 24, 2016
Vanquay:
Your manager can't even zip up his jacket.

An idiot for a stupid club.. How Befitting.

Am sorry is this arsenal thread?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 11:06am On Nov 24, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 11:15am On Nov 24, 2016
cool

ZLATIN'...

"I feel fresh, I feel in shape and right now I feel I could physically cope with a second year, I know I am getting older but the older I get the better I get. It is true I have gone a few games without scoring this season but I am not worried about the goals. I have more than 450 in my career and as long as I am playing my normal game the goals will come automatically.

“I don’t see myself just as a goalscorer in any case. It is also part of my job to help create goals for others and at the moment I feel I can still do that. Now it is probably a ‘yes’ to another year but when the time for discussions comes I want to be realistic with myself. I want to be sure I will be able to perform like I can do and not waste anyone’s time.”

“I enjoy a challenge, I wanted to play in the Premier League because it is exciting but it is also tough physically. Opponents play for the whole 90 minutes and the top teams are not allowed to control games like they sometimes do in other leagues. I have tried to be more aggressive since I came to England but I have to be careful because I have started to pick up yellow cards.”

“I wanted to finish at PSG in the right way, that was why I did not join last season with van gaal, Of course accepting would have meant arriving at United a year younger and I knew it would be tough for a 35-year-old in the Premier League but my career shows I will never turn down a challenge. As long as people want me, I will do my best. I have never been one of those players who will sit in one place, waiting for their mother to cook for them. I will not do that. I will travel alone and try to conquer wherever I go. That’s what I have done in my career. It has not always been easy but if I had wanted everything to be perfectly straightforward I could have stayed in Malmo all the time.”

Zlatan ibrahimovic....www.theguardian.com

All those wey dey hate na una Sabi, this guy needs to stay for the sake of a lot of players! Receive sense...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:32am On Nov 24, 2016
eph12:

Am sorry is this arsenal thread?

grin grin

Perhaps he's high on something!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:10pm On Nov 24, 2016
SIRcumalot:

rashford won't be ready if his wasting away on the left side.that Arsenal game can't be what we judge the guy on,we are not even halfway through the season yet.
I would've liked if we waited till around season ending before any contract/extension talks for anybody.
there were other games Zlatan Ibrahimović didn't start and the forwards didn't do much. the team need more scorers not just the striker because there may be off days. Juan Mata is trying but others need to step up too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2016
By Bayern standards, Ancelotti is doing a below average job. But u don't hear any news about Bayern and Ancelotti from the media. Na only United all of them dey see carry for head

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2016
eph12:
Martial has been poor for us but am not sure he or Rashford would have had as much misses as Ibra if played as strikers. The only edge Ibra is that he can hold up play and allow people run in. Unfortunately no one has been taking advantage of that. Shot conversion ratio is key in assessing strikers.

But even if we bring in world class strikers we will still struggle unless we take care of the right and left wing.
Zlatan Ibrahimović is world class and will top the scorer's chart in May. this information can cash you $10m from Nova Scotia grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3540) (3541) (3542) (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) ... (14155) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Sheunma, MrJaay(m), Theuniverse, bolu96(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.