Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8751722 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3547) (3548) (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:51pm On Nov 25, 2016
"We showed that we are in a good way. We have a great team and I think for any opponent it’s so difficult to play against the movement of the players. 

"The job is not done but we’re in a good way, on a good track, so we’re going [to Zorya] with confidence.

“I think it’s important for a club like Manchester United that there’s challenge for places in the team.

“I think that makes every player better and that makes the team better in the end. That’s what a team like this needs. We are a great team together.

“Wayne is a great player and a great personality as well,” he said. “For me I can only say that it’s a pleasure to play with him every game."

- Daley Blind
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2016
sinizia:
Christine, you dey read am so? This criticism is not from me alone this time. When I'm against United giving this lazy ostrich a new contract based on what's he's played so far, I was being fair.
this isn't the only fans' corner I read but the vibe here is very different. there is way more negativity here than I read everywhere else put together. it is difficult to tell the fans from haters here.

Zlatan Ibrahimović was directly involved in three out of four goals this morning, you guys are impossible. there is a difference between someone putting up a poor showing over a few games and another putting a poor showing over months. like I said, the young forwards in the team are not ready to lead any trophy charge, Marcus Rashford in particular, and my opinion may change but it hasn't changed. football is not just about galloping everywhere like an antelope and this is why players like Micheal Carrick, Daley Blind or Paul Scholes will be taken for granted till they are not on the field.

let me say that growing up I never liked football because of the contacts and physicality but I liked/participated in volley ball and track events. I really didn't mind watching people chase the ball all over a marked space though but under some guidance I actually *learned* to watch.

here every pin matters and is searched for with magnifying lenses like a player makes a pass for a goal and people prefer to stress he didn't mean the pass or a cross deflected in by a player but the luck is stressed to breaking point. why should such details concern anybody, are you not entertained?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2016
Are you not entertained? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2016
ChristineC:

this isn't the only fans' corner I read but the vibe here is very different. there is way more negativity here than I read everywhere else put together. it is difficult to tell the fans from haters here.

Zlatan Ibrahimović was directly involved in three out of four goals this morning, you guys are impossible. there is a difference between someone putting up a poor showing over a few games and another putting a poor showing over months. like I said, the young forwards in the team are not ready to lead any trophy charge, Marcus Rashford in particular, and my opinion may change but it hasn't changed. football is not just about galloping everywhere like an antelope and this is why players like Micheal Carrick, Daley Blind or Paul Scholes will be taken for granted till they are not on the field.

let me say that growing up I never liked football because of the contacts and physicality but I liked/participated in volley ball and track events. I really didn't mind watching people chase the ball all over a marked space though but under some guidance I actually *learned* to watch.

here every pin matters and is searched for with magnifying lenses like a player makes a pass for a goal and people prefer to stress he didn't mean the pass or a cross deflected in by a player but the luck is stressed to breaking point. why should such details concern anybody, are you not entertained?
Simple yes or no grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2016
sinizia:

The embolden is main headache in that midfield. Mourinho has tried Pogba with the trio of Herrera, Carrick and Fellani, but in all occasions, no matter how poor Pogba might have been in that match, he never gets benched or substituted. It's coz of finding a way to provide a strong defensive backbone to shield our defense in top matches that Mourinho pushes Pogba into the number 10 role to accommodate a combo of Herrera and Fellani and it end up costing us coz Pogba is practically useless in that position. If only Pogba could play like Mata in that role, Carrick and Herrera would have been the best DM combo to win matches for us.
When I told you guys pogba is just Oscar in black man skin una nor accept.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2016
hensben:
When I told you guys pogba is just Oscar in black man skin una nor accept.
Oscar kor, Headies ni.
Who be Oscar were Pogba dey?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2016
[size=16pt]Are you not entertained?[/size] grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2016
sinizia:

The embolden is main headache in that midfield. Mourinho has tried Pogba with the trio of Herrera, Carrick and Fellani, but in all occasions, no matter how poor Pogba might have been in that match, he never gets benched or substituted. It's coz of finding a way to provide a strong defensive backbone to shield our defense in top matches that Mourinho pushes Pogba into the number 10 role to accommodate a combo of Herrera and Fellani and it end up costing us coz Pogba is practically useless in that position. If only Pogba could play like Mata in that role, Carrick and Herrera would have been the best DM combo to win matches for us.

I have been racking my brain to understand this but i am having a headache

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2016
Leyqute:

Simple question, (without negative tones or whatsoever), yet people add their own insecurities and shallow thoughts, and make a different interpretation.

Why do you think Martial was relegated?

Probably to stay fresh for Sunday , I think!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:26pm On Nov 25, 2016
ChristineC is a Red Gladiator! !!!! grin

"Are You not entertained?"

#ChristineFierce
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 6:27pm On Nov 25, 2016
joeace2020:

I have been racking my brain to understand this but i am having a headache

What I meant is that Pogba doesn't get benched even when he's poor in matches. So all the midfield pairings Mourinho has done has Pogba in it, and sometimes against top he moves Pogba into the number 10 role so he could play 2 more defensively astute DMs to limit the attacks of our opponent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 25, 2016
ChristineC:

here every pin matters and is searched for with magnifying lenses like a player makes a pass for a goal and people prefer to stress he didn't mean the pass

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 6:45pm On Nov 25, 2016
ChristineC:

@ embolden, Rashford looked clueless in that CF role against Assanal coz he hasn't played there since Zlatan came (including Pogba not helping him out on attack). He's basically a winger now. RASH led our attack splendidly last season when he came into the scene and he can still do it but not not on the wing. He needs his confidence back, he needs the trust in him back. But with 4-2-3-1 formation and Mourinho looking forward to extend Zlatan's contract, he can kiss that dream good bye. Before you realize what's happening he'll become another Martial, bought as a striker but converted to a winger. Ain't it bad enough that should Zlatan be injured or on suspension, our only best bet in the CF role is now a winger?

As for being entertained, what will entertainment without goals and victories earn you? Assanal is the most entertaining team in EPL for years now but without any major trophy in over a decade. Barca entertains you and still win matches, that's how United should be.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:46pm On Nov 25, 2016
pogba is our best midfield player though, and he has been doing pretty well in our last 3games.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 7:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
undecided
weedtaker:
pogba is our best midfield player though, and he has been doing pretty well in our last 3games.

Me sef dey tire 4 some of the complaints wey I dey jack for here?

Abi na until Jesus come strike and angel Gabriel run midfield na that time we go all gree say united boys na iti? Even after 4-0?

God dey!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
my own be say make we use this same team play westham come Sunday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:15pm On Nov 25, 2016
grin grin

I've once said it, and still will keep saying it; that United Fans are OLIVER TWIST!

We are more concerned with Pogba's price Tag than his age and experience. We want him to be a combination of both Messi and Ronaldo because he's the most expensive Player at the moment.

Alas! Pogba is basically secured for the Future! We can't lose him twice, and those saying he's a burden to our Midfield, should pls judge him fairly! You want Cavalho, Verrati, Buggati?! Lol!

What else are we expecting from him?! To start banging Goals week in week out?! Let's be fair for once pls.

When are we gonna appreciate the Lads, enjoy their play and get entertained?! Trophies will definitely come - slowly but surely United will get back to the TOP!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2016
This team will continue to get better,no matter what the naysayers continue to post. Mourinho will get things right and in the end this team will achieve its set objective which is to win trophies. I will continue to support the colours because I know no championships are won in November.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2016
Oasis007:

Alas! Pogba is basically secured for the Future! We can't lose him twice, and those saying he's a burden to our Midfield, should pls judge him fairly!

I take it that I'm among those you're referring to by your post. I didn't say Pogba is a burden to our midfield. What I meant is that the exact place and whom to pair him with has been a headache for Mourinho. Since he can't bench him even when he's been below par, Mourinho has been forced to tweak his line-ups to play to Pogba's strength.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2016
sinizia:

I take it that I'm among those you're referring to by your post. I didn't say Pogba is a burden to our midfield. What I meant is that the exact place and whom to pair him with has been a headache for Mourinho. Since he can't bench him even when hems been below par, Mourinho has been forced to tweak his line-ups to play to Pogba's strength.
Mourinho can't bench Pogba for nothing...... not because of his price tag or or anything. Pogba has to play, unless the manager think otherwise. there definitely is something Mourinho sees in Pogba that we the fans are not seeing and hence why it seem he is trying to fit in Pogba into the team at all cost. maybe Mourinho didn't do his homework properly as regards where to play him, before buying Pogba. that doesn't take away anything. Pogba is here to stay. he is for the future. he will definitely come good. you guys should be patient and lay off the guy. Hian!

and to those perpetual complainers and fault finders, I'm asking this question posed by 'Our Mother-in-the-house', ChristineC, are you not entertained?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
chrisley024:
I wouldn't mind Carvalho for his replacement. I think he's the closest for that role.
Elampiro will buy you a car for this statement
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2016
grin

Oya haters begin die as mfm people dey talk!

Boss P! In yo faces....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:31pm On Nov 25, 2016
Caveatemptor:
This team will continue to get better,no matter what the naysayers continue to post. Nourishing will get things right and in the end this team will achieve its set objective which is to win trophies. I will continue to support the colours because I know no championships are won in November.
Nourishing ke?? grin grin
Autocorrect na weyrey o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2016
Danhumprey:
Mourinho can't bench Pogba for nothing...... not because of his price tag or or anything. Pogba has to play, unless the manager think otherwise. there definitely is something Mourinho sees in Pogba that we the fans are not seeing and hence why it seem he is trying to fit in Pogba into the team at all cost. maybe Mourinho didn't do his homework properly as regards where to play him, before buying Pogba. that doesn't take away anything. Pogba is here to stay. he is for the future. he will definitely come good. you guys should be patient and lay off the guy. Hian!

and to those perpetual complainers and fault finders, I'm asking this question posed by 'Our Mother-in-the-house', ChristineC, are you not entertained?

Pogba is a good player, he just needs to stop showing off and concentrate on making things easy for himself. He doesn't need to dribble like Robben or score like Lampard. As long as he's defensively disciplined and helps out in attack especially when we're pressing, he'll be fine. People just pick on him coz of his price tag and he has to live with it. You don't come that costly and display average performances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2016
Lana1:
Nourishing ke?? grin grin
Autocorrect na weyrey o

Sorry.
I typed Mourinho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
Oasis007:
grin grin

I've once said it, and still will keep saying it; that United Fans are OLIVER TWIST!

We are more concerned with Pogba's price Tag than his age and experience. We want him to be a combination of both Messi and Ronaldo because he's the most expensive Player at the moment.

Alas! Pogba is basically secured for the Future! We can't lose him twice, and those saying he's a burden to our Midfield, should pls judge him fairly! You want Cavalho, Verrati, Buggati?! Lol!

What else are we expecting from him?! To start banging Goals week in week out?! Let's be fair for once pls.

When are we gonna appreciate the Lads, enjoy their play and get entertained?! Trophies will definitely come - slowly but surely United will get back to the TOP!

I think the emboldened should be directed to Pogba & his agent......

It isn't the fault of Nairaland Posters that our expensive Dabadihno (one of the highest paid players in the world) is a "Paparazzi loving", "Limelight crazed" juvenile who showboats unnecessarily....akin to an unserious teenager representing his School at Shell cup with the primary aim of impressing his babe & her friends that come to cheer him in the stands....

P.S : I don't think world record transfer fees & hefty wages are paid for "future purposes"- the earlier he shelves Fùcktever ballon d'or aspirations that seem to be messing with his head & starts concentrating on being a more useful team player, the better for him, his manager & the club as a whole!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 9:14pm On Nov 25, 2016
sinizia:

What I meant is that Pogba doesn't get benched even when he's poor in matches. So all the midfield pairings Mourinho has done has Pogba in it, and sometimes against top he moves Pogba into the number 10 role so he could play 2 more defensively astute DMs to limit the attacks of our opponent.

u didn't get me... u said no matter how poor Pogba might be in a match he isn't benched or substituted.. ain't dey the same thing? "nawa u get personal beef with Pogba?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2016
AdisaOwala:

I think the emboldened should be directed to Pogba & his agent......

It isn't the fault of Nairaland Posters that our expensive Dabadihno (one of the highest paid players in the world) is a "Paparazzi loving", "Limelight crazed" juvenile who showboats unnecessarily....akin to an unserious teenager representing his School at Shell cup with the primary aim of impressing his babe & her friends that come to cheer him in the stands....

P.S, I don't think world record transfer fees & heavy wages are paid for "future purposes".

Choiii.....barber da dabber.......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2016
grin
Caveatemptor:

Sorry.
I typed Mourinho.

Next time don't drink before you post! This your excuse no hold water....baba nourishment!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:28pm On Nov 25, 2016
ChristineC:

it is difficult to tell the fans from haters here.

Ajigbijigbijigbi

ChristineC:

football is not just about galloping everywhere like an antelope and this is why players like Micheal Carrick, Daley Blind or Paul Scholes will be taken for granted till they are not on the field.

grin cheesy grin

Ghanghan

ChristineC:

here every pin matters and is searched for with magnifying lenses like a player makes a pass for a goal and people prefer to stress he didn't mean the pass or a cross deflected in by a player but the luck is stressed to breaking point. why should such details concern anybody

cool cool

ChristineC:

are you not entertained?

Yes, I am.

Lovely! Lovely!! lovely!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:54pm On Nov 25, 2016
joeace2020:

u didn't get me... u said no matter how poor Pogba might be in a match he isn't benched or substituted.. ain't dey the same thing? "nawa u get personal beef with Pogba?

Maybe I didn't word it well. I mean benched when he's been shitty for us like the Rooney, Mhiki and Martial have all been benched based on thier forms. Also when he's been poor in matches he never gets substituted. So benching and substituting ain't the same thing.

And what do you mean by if I get beef with Pogba? Which part of my post implied that? Or you pull up conclusions from thin air?

Maybe you're in hibernation when we've been debating Pogba's best position all season coz he hadn't been spectacular in any. From Pogba, to his agent, to fans, we've all been debating on which position will bring out the best in him, so where's the beef you're talking about? Or when a valid truth is said about your favorite play you get agitated?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:57pm On Nov 25, 2016
Got enough for everyone, y'all should calm down already!!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3547) (3548) (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: GrandFinale2021(m), delkuf(m), CrystalTiger(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.