Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,359 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8749953 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) (3554) (3555) ... (14157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:03am On Nov 26, 2016
"First of all, the way the team played last season was very different – I’m not saying better or worse, just different.

"Probably Anthony was feeling more comfortable playing that way, at that intensity, at that rhythm of the ball – possession and ball circulation. So he probably needs some time.

"We have Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Depay, Mata, Rashford and Martial – these are the positions where we have more options.

"You have one opportunity, maybe two or three. If you don’t bite, somebody comes and takes the meat."

- Jose Mourinho

Cc Leyqute
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 7:13am On Nov 26, 2016
Oasis007:
"First of all, the way the team played last season was very different – I’m not saying better or worse, just different.

"Probably Anthony was feeling more comfortable playing that way, at that intensity, at that rhythm of the ball – possession and ball circulation. So he probably needs some time.

"We have Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Depay, Mata, Rashford and Martial – these are the positions where we have more options.

"You have one opportunity, maybe two or three. If you don’t bite, somebody comes and takes the meat."

- Jose Mourinho

Cc Leyqute
Martial has nobody but himself to blame . he's been sulking since the season started, I don't know if it's because of his marital issue or because he lost the number 9, or both. Even though, those were problems that had solutions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 7:32am On Nov 26, 2016
What's all this 18months ish? Shut the blip off, stupid one.

Your moanings Mr Moaningho are so boring. Save it for the manure fans seeking for relevance just as you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:37am On Nov 26, 2016
UniqueGem:
Martial has nobody but himself to blame . he's been sulking since the season started, I don't know if it's because of his marital issue or because he lost the number 9, or both. Even though, those were problems that had solutions.

Seriously I don't know what the problem is! He was a good revelation last Season, I was expecting him to pick up from where he stopped, but rather he dropped!

LVG always talked of inconsistency. He said on many occasions that we shouldn't be expecting consistent performances from the likes of Martial, Rashford and Depay..... coz they are still developing.

I believe with time - they all gonna come good! They are the future of the Club, and definitely under a good Manager who can transform them to world-class Players.

It's not over for Martial yet, he's certainly gonna return back to the Martial we know as time goes by!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 7:37am On Nov 26, 2016
Spy360:

Your moanings Mr Moaningho are so boring. Save it for the manure fans seeking for relevance just as you.
You must want to hear 18years instead.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:44am On Nov 26, 2016
Leyqute:

After West Ham is away to Everton. That's the match I have my eyes on. We're usually solid at home but the weakness when we're away is worrying. Most of our shock defeats this season were away games.
can't fork around with This game too, West Ham are a very strong side with their back to the wall,a loss for them in this game may drop them into the bottom three.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 26, 2016
Spy360:

Someone's period came a little too early.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 8:04am On Nov 26, 2016
can't wait to see d unbeaten run of spurs come to an end today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 8:21am On Nov 26, 2016
UniqueGem:
You must want to hear 18years instead.
Isn't his moanings boring to you? Oops!
You are a Manu fans.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 8:24am On Nov 26, 2016
Spy360:

Isn't his moanings boring to you? Oops!
You are a Manu fans.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:55am On Nov 26, 2016
What should we make of the Griezmann rumor? Scholes have been endorsing it all week & the man himself is not modest in voicing his desires.
That will be some variety in attack surely?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:30am On Nov 26, 2016
SailorXY:
What should we make of the Griezmann rumor? Scholes have been endorsing it all week & the man himself is not modest in voicing his desires.
That will be some variety in attack surely?
I don't really know what role he'd bring to the team. His coming would cause the exit of Mata apparently cos I think they both got similar attributes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:59am On Nov 26, 2016
chrisley024:
I don't really know what role he'd bring to the team. His coming would cause the exit of Mata apparently cos I think they both got similar attributes.
Similar but one can play as Lone striker and good in the air too .
Griezman will contribute more in a 442 formation.

Doubt he's coming to United though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:06am On Nov 26, 2016
I see no reason why we shouldn't make top 4 bfre year end.
Tough fixtures but we will do well.
EVERTON *A*
SPURS *H*
PALACE *A*
WESTBROM *A*
SUNDERLAND *H*
BORO *H* 31ST DEC, 2016...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:35am On Nov 26, 2016
Oasis007:

grin

Seriously I'm ain't referring to you at all, and you ain't among the Dudes I aimed with my Post!

But..... buh..... ain't you satisfied with Pogba so far?! Is he not adapting, improving and gelling up with the Team gradually?!

I only hope JM would give Herrera and Pogba a chance to gel and develop well together. We need Pogba as our B2B Midfielder. We need him to keep playing the position consistently until he makes it his own!

If you watch Pogba's touches, you will notice he isn't dominating the midfield per say. If he's not doing his unnecessary dribbling, he basically just recycling the ball until he chipped in some lofted passes to runners in the final third. No wonder he always look subdued whenever he comes against dominant midfield opposition.

He also lacks the energy to play as box-box CM. That's why I nicknamed him a box-box cum attacking midfielder!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:46am On Nov 26, 2016
I don't know what you guys want anymore.
pogba is playing well,his creating chances and his linking up well with our forwards.
the only player am worried about right now is Ibra and na simply because of the chances he is not putting away.
we're not PSG that will create chances upon chances every game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:50am On Nov 26, 2016
patrickmuf:
The thing about Zlatan is his ability to drop into pockets of space and allow the likes of Mata, Mhki and Rooney take up striking positions, He continuously leaves the opposition CBs confused as to whether to follow him or maintain their position.
I still say "Ibra ahead of Rashford"

And that makes them useless! Because they should be creating chances for the forward!

Although I never wanted Ibra, I think he's been essential to our play. He makes our play in the final third ticks! His movement, awareness, vision and linkup play has been fantastic. The only thing is he's quite sluggish and can be terrible in front of goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:56am On Nov 26, 2016
SIRcumalot:
I don't know what you guys want anymore.
pogba is playing well,his creating chances and his linking up well with our forwards.
the only player am worried about right now is Ibra and na simply because of the chances he is not putting away.
we're not PSG that will create chances upon chances every game.

What exactly are you saying? Was he good against City, City B team in the cup game, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea? Emphatic No!

The way he plays can be likened to an attacking midfielder due to the fact that he hardly dominate the midfield other than dinking in his lofted passes into the final third while the midfield dominance is often lost! Yet if you put him in the no 10 role, it makes him uncomfortable because he prefers starting his move from the deep midfield where there's lot of space for his long legs!

Is this what we spent 90mil pounds on?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2016
Odunharry:

Similar but one can play as Lone striker and good in the air too .
Griezman will contribute more in a 442 formation.

Doubt he's coming to United though.

Where has Griesman played as a lone striker? That man feeds on his striking partner!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
SIRcumalot:

can't fork around with This game too, West Ham are a very strong side with their back to the wall,a loss for them in this game may drop them into the bottom three.

We often have solid performances at OT, plus West Ham is low on confidence at the moment. They lost their last game by conceding 2 goals on the last 5 minutes or so.

If we pile on the pressure they'll cave in

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:12pm On Nov 26, 2016
chrisley024:
hmmm
If Jose want him next summer tho I won't object, there's alway space for another good striker if we consider Zlatan's age & inexperience of Rashidi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10:

What exactly are you saying? Was he good against City, City B team in the cup game, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea? Emphatic No!

The way he plays can be likened to an attacking midfielder due to the fact that he hardly dominate the midfield other than dinking in his lofted passes into the final third while the midfield dominance is often lost! Yet if you put him in the no 10 role, it makes him uncomfortable because he prefers starting his move from the deep midfield where there's lot of space for his long legs!

Is this what we spent 90mil pounds on?
The one glorious chance against Liverpool came from who?
Who played Herrera through before his pass to Mata.
Who created Mata first shot on goal ? Against Gunner
He has his bad days and I will talk sheet when he makes a mistake but
This constant focus on the negative is tiring bro.
Am tired of talking about the money;if it always comes down to the money you won't see any Value in his game.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
Funlordjnr:

What is wrong in having 2 box to box men (pogba, Herrera or veratti) and having 1 holding midfielder in herrra or veratti to replace carrick?

Men veratti is the last piece of the jigsaw in that our midfield! We should move mountains to get him! He is excellent as a box to box, holding or pure defensive midfielder!

Dongorgon5 is right on the money!

He's at his best as a roaming play maker in a 3-man midfield, in the same way as Modric and Xavi!

Which defensive midfield are you talking about again?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:18pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10:

Where has Griesman played as a lone striker? That man feeds on his striking partner!
Can he or can he not play as Lone forward?!

Mk Ibra retire and if united get Griezman, then it's Him and Rashidi upfront Pace and skill
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2016
SIRcumalot:

The one glorious chance against Liverpool came from who?
Who played Herrera through before his pass to Mata.
Who created Mata first shot on goal ? Against Gunner
He has his bad days and I will talk sheet when he makes a mistake but
This constant focus on the negative is tiring bro.
Am tired of talking about the money;if it always comes down to the money you won't see any Value in his game.

Creating 1 or 2 chance in few games doesn't negate the fact he hardly dominate the midfield! Against Arsenal average midfield that lacked their playmaker, Cazorla for example, he did nothing apart from the 1-2 chance he put in! Same against Liverpool and as soon as Lallana came on, we were overrun. A teenage Aleix Garcia outclassed him in the City cup game and he looked like a teenage boy against Chelsea!

Watch the way a prime Yaya consistently dominated the midfield with his box-box display. Is that not the player he's being compared to?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 12:28pm On Nov 26, 2016
Odunharry:

Can he or can he not play as Lone forward?!

Mk Ibra retire and if united get Griezman, then it's Him and Rashidi upfront Pace and skill

Maybe if we incorporate Chelsea style but apart from that, I don't want that visionless man in my club!

Besides, I would prefer we keep developing Martial. He doesn't have the movement of the likes of Lingard, Mata and Mkhi, even Griesman but he's got more potential!

Martial is quite similar to Hazard. Both don't have the off the ball movement of a forward but has the unique ability of making things happen in a team as long as they are given the license to roam everywhere and be the team's talisman! That was what Van gaal afforded Matial last season!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin once again shiit rises to fill the mouth here grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10:

Creating 1 or 2 chance in few games doesn't negate the fact he hardly dominate the midfield! Against Arsenal average midfield that lacked their playmaker, Cazorla for example, he did nothing apart from the 1-2 chance he put in! Same against Liverpool and as soon as Lallana came on, we were overrun. A teenage Aleix Garcia outclassed him in the City cup game and he looked like a teenage boy against Chelsea!

Watch the way a prime Yaya consistently dominated the midfield with his box-box display. Is that not the player he's being compared to?

A player is making the right pass (most times),creating chances and making runs from deep and you're saying he isn't dominating.
If we had a few more wins this "not dominating"narrative go don die,because his stats sheet is fine.
I understand why rivals turn a blind eye to the good and start screaming dabbing-dabbing why we dey help?

I watch prime Yaya and if Pogba ever becomes that good I doubt you would see it,because prime Yaya had his detractors too.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2016
"I am a team player. I never think as an individual, I just want to think about the team. Of course I am getting the chance to play and I am so happy for that, but if one day I don’t play and the team wins I will be just as happy. I am a team player and I will think like that always.

"I am playing sometimes a little bit more defensive and sometimes also a bit further forward. I think it’s good for me to be able to give some different options for the manager and the team. I am happy with my development but football has no memory so you have to perform every weekend and in every game.

"In football I think the most difficult thing is to create chances. To be in the third part of the pitch and getting good shots away and we are doing that. So the most difficult thing is what we are doing, but now we have to score the chances, that’s what football is about. So of course we have to finish better."

- Ander Herrera
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:13pm On Nov 26, 2016
“We’ve deserved to win our last few games at home because we were the better team, but we didn’t come away with the wins, which was ddisappointing.

“It’s an important game [against West Ham] to keep ourselves in the hunt. Winning would put us in a good position heading towards the Christmas period, where games come thick and fast – things can change a lot during that time. 

“It’s a very competitive league that changes constantly. We’re a bit of a distance away from the top but the team is in good shape and we’re playing well.

“It’s good and I’m really happy for Phil after the injury he had. He was out for quite a while. To have him back and playing well makes me and the rest of the team very happy.”

- Marcus Rojo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 2:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
SIRcumalot:

A player is making the right pass (most times),creating chances and making runs from deep and you're saying he isn't dominating.
If we had a few more wins this "not dominating"narrative go don die,because his stats sheet is fine.
I understand why rivals turn a blind eye to the good and start screaming dabbing-dabbing why we dey help?

I watch prime Yaya and if Pogba ever becomes that good I doubt you would see it,because prime Yaya had his detractors too.

Prime Yaya was quite dominant! His only weakness was in the CL but he was quite dominant in the EPL.

All what Pogba has been doing is oscillating between the central midfield performance and attacking midfield. He plays as an attacking midfielder in the Central midfield. Neither Aleix Garcia nor Lallana nor Silva even created chances yet they outclassed the fraud!

Until he has a dominant performance against better opposition midfield, I won't take him serious! Imagine comparing Pogba to Yaya. Maybe you need to watch some Yaya clips!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10:

If you watch Pogba's touches, you will notice he isn't dominating the midfield per say. If he's not doing his unnecessary dribbling, he basically just recycling the ball until he chipped in some lofted passes to runners in the final third. No wonder he always look subdued whenever he comes against dominant midfield opposition.

He also lacks the energy to play as box-box CM. That's why I nicknamed him a box-box cum attacking midfielder!

how does a player DOMINATE the midfield if not by passing around and creating chances?? how??

(1) (2) (3) ... (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) (3554) (3555) ... (14157) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Dantedasz(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.