Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,079 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8750891 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) (3554) (3555) (3556) ... (14157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10:

Prime Yaya was quite dominant! His only weakness was in the CL but he was quite dominant in the EPL.

All what Pogba has been doing is oscillating between the central midfield performance and attacking midfield. He plays as an attacking midfielder in the Central midfield. Neither Aleix Garcia nor Lallana nor Silva even created chances yet they outclassed the fraud!

Until he has a dominant performance against better opposition midfield, I won't take him serious! Imagine comparing Pogba to Yaya. Maybe you need to watch some Yaya clips!

I was not in support of the Pogba deal because i believed we could use that money in a smarter way to strengthen our midfield. However you have to remember that at this same age (23) Yaya Toure was still plying his trade at Olympiakos and Monaco and was no where near the player he grew to become in the EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by stylochime: 2:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
If 1 says fans on this forum pessimistics who just luv to complain DAT person will b attackd with insults and whatnot BT we all seem to have 4goten dat as last season we were dominating possession playing strings of passes in our midfield and boasting the best defense in d league and did ntin wit it. Last season dere was no hope of improvement at all BT dis season every1 is seeing the intent of d team, we are creating chances much more Dan we did last season and players DAT we had strtd loose hop on are improving . And yet sm pple are still complaining. What do u guys want? 100% possession with chances created every minute nd 100% conversion rate?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 2:44pm On Nov 26, 2016
Khaytunechi:

how does a player DOMINATE the midfield if not by passing around and creating chances?? how??

Their awareness, movement and the consistent probing of the opposition midfield with incisive passes!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
stylochime:
If 1 says fans on this forum pessimistics who just luv to complain DAT person will b attackd with insults and whatnot BT we all seem to have 4goten dat as last season we were dominating possession playing strings of passes in our midfield and boasting the best defense in d league and did ntin wit it. Last season dere was no hope of improvement at all BT dis season every1 is seeing the intent of d team, we are creating chances much more Dan we did last season and players DAT we had strtd loose hop on are improving . And yet sm pple are still complaining. What do u guys want? 100% possession with chances created every minute nd 100% conversion rate?

We looked lacksture against Arsenal for example! Apart from dominating some average opposition, which Ibra has been so crucial, we've been ordinary!

I didn't even bother to blame Ibra against Burnley despite missing countless of chances because he fashioned it out most times. Many time I saw him dropping deep to make some throughball to Mata and running forward to get the return passes! He was quite terrific apart from the misses.

Take out Ibra and Carrick, and you have an ordinary team since Mourinho failed to utilise Martial well nor have the creative unit to provide for Rashford!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2016
See Burnley defending for that 2nd goal. grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10:

Their awareness, movement and the consistent probing the opposition midfield with incisive passes!

how consistently did Aleix Garcia probed our defence with incisive passes??
please answer me.. what movements did Garcia made during the C1C that made you confidently assert that he outclassed Pogba..
awareness/positioning has never been his forte but past few games has seen a huge positive leap on his part in this department too..
please show me the incisive probing passes and movements of Garcia..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2016
Khaytunechi:

how consistently did Aleix Garcia probed our defence with incisive passes??
please answer me.. what movements did Garcia made during the C1C that made you confidently assert that he outclassed Pogba..
awareness/positioning has never been his forte but past few games has seen a huge positive leap on his part in this department too..
please show me the incisive probing passes and movements of Garcia..

I said probe the midfield, not defence!

Anyway, Garcia didn't do a lot of that though but his movement and awareness were fantastic. He consistently denied our midfield the space and as well as opened up spaces for his team although City lacked the quality attack to exploit it seeing that most of their first team players were rested!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
afrodoc2:

I was not in support of the Pogba deal because i believed we could use that money in a smarter way to strengthen our midfield. However you have to remember that at this same age (23) Yaya Toure was still plying his trade at Olympiakos and Monaco and was no where near the player he grew to become in the EPL.

Yaya wasn't signed for 90mil at 23 though!

I expect much more from a player believed to solve our midfield and make us dominant!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2016
SIRcumalot:
See Burnley defending for that 2nd goal. grin grin grin
Burnley no wan gree tho. I smell 2-2.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10:

Prime Yaya was quite dominant! His only weakness was in the CL but he was quite dominant in the EPL.

All what Pogba has been doing is oscillating between the central midfield performance and attacking midfield. He plays as an attacking midfielder in the Central midfield. Neither Aleix Garcia nor Lallana nor Silva even created chances yet they outclassed the fraud!

Until he has a dominant performance against better opposition midfield, I won't take him serious! Imagine comparing Pogba to Yaya. Maybe you need to watch some Yaya clips!
Where in that post did I compare pogba to yaya?
A dominant performance won't change your opinion you go just find another thing nitpick.
Until he goes back to juve,begs them to reimburse us for at least 50million pounds,start wearing sackcloth and being somber all the time.maybe then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2016
SailorXY:
Burnley no wan gree tho. I smell 2-2.
The match don end. Forget.
Nothing for burnley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2016
SIRcumalot:

The match don end. Forget.
Nothing for burnley
maybe. It's a close game this few remaining minutes tho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10:

I said probe the midfield, not defence!

Anyway, Garcia didn't do a lot of that though but his movement and awareness were fantastic. He consistently denied our midfield the space and as well as opened up spaces for his team although City lacked the quality attack to exploit it seeing that most of their first team players were rested!

so a midfielder probes the opposition's midfield-- not defence with incisive passes now?? wonderful..

and Garcia didn't do the above but he only closed and opened up spaces yh?? yet he outclassed Pogba and turned him into a teenager again..

you'll downplay your own player's efforts,, downplay the whole team's effort,, downplay a win,, downplay the goals but Garcia outclassed Pogba by closing and opening up spaces.. wonderful..

the 'first team players were rested' bulls have been trashed weeks ago tho..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2016
Khaytunechi:

so a midfielder probes the opposition's midfield-- not defence with incisive passes now?? wonderful..

and Garcia didn't do the above but he only closed and opened up spaces yh?? yet he outclassed Pogba and turned him into a teenager again..

you'll downplay your own player's efforts,, downplay the whole team's effort,, downplay a win,, downplay the goals but Garcia outclassed Pogba by closing and opening up spaces.. wonderful..

the 'first team players were rested' bulls have been trashed weeks ago tho..

Maybe you need to watch that match again! City midfield outclassed us, only their attack was poor and even then, I recall Iheanacho missing 2 good chances!

And which thing was thrashed? It was the age that got disputed, not the first team players! Get your facts right!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10:

Yaya wasn't signed for 90mil at 23 though!

I expect much more from a player believed to solve our midfield and make us dominant!

I expect more from him too but it is neither fair nor reasonable to compare him at 23yrs of age to prime Yaya Toure at 28,29 yrs of age.
Pogba will surely get better with time as he has all the tools to succeed but he will never be worth that money.
I am not too bothered with the fee itself but my issue is that the same money could have been spent differently and we would have been talking title challenge right now.
All that is in the past now anyway and the best thing to do now is support the team, hope for the best until January or the summer when we can get that last piece to complete our midfield. With the right moves a player like a Kroos, Verrati or Weigl e.t.c can be brought into the fold.

And i see nothing wrong with occasional constructive criticism of the players. Not all criticism is negative and sometimes we have to be realistic and honest, if everything was so fine and dandy we won't be in this position outside the top 4. There have been some signs that the team is starting to click but there is still a lot of work to be done by both the players and the manager......a lot of work.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 3:44pm On Nov 26, 2016
afrodoc2:

I expect more from him too but it is neither fair nor reasonable to compare him at 23yrs of age to prime Yaya Toure at 28,29 yrs of age.
Pogba will surely get better with time as he has all the tools to succeed but he will never be worth that money.
I am not too bothered with the fee itself but my issue is that the same money could have been spent differently and we would have been talking title challenge right now.
All that is in the past now anyway and the best thing to do now is support the team, hope for the best until January or the summer when we can get that last piece to complete our midfield. With the right moves a player like a Kroos, Verrati or Weigl e.t.c can be brought into the fold.

And i see nothing wrong with occasional constructive criticism of the players. Not all criticism is negative and sometimes we have to be realistic and honest, if everything was so fine and dandy we won't be in this position outside the top 4. There have been some signs that the team is starting to click but there is still a lot of work to be done by both the players and the manager......a lot of work.

What makes you think he won't fuc.k off to Madrid by the time he gets better? We're still doing the nurturing despite spending millions on him and to think he may leave for Madrid as soon as he becomes a better player is nothing but huge waste of time and resources!

Also, neither Verratti, Kroos are holding players!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 3:54pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10:

Maybe you need to watch that match again! City midfield outclassed us, only their attack was poor and even then, I recall Iheanacho missing 2 good chances!

And which thing was thrashed? It was the age that got disputed, not the first team players! Get your facts right!

maybe there is a new meaning for OUTCLASSED..
I'll stop here cos I know it'll keep spiralling in all directions from Garcia's inability to provide probing incisive passes to trouble our midfield--not defence to him opening and closing up spaces to them lacking first team players despite starting a team whose average age was higher than ours..

it's fine..
Aleix Garcia indeed outclassed Pogba and turned him back to a teenager..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 4:01pm On Nov 26, 2016
Khaytunechi:

maybe there is a new word for OUTCLASSED..
I'll stop here cos I know it'll keep spiralling in all directions from Garcia's inability to provide probing incisive passes to trouble our midfield--not defence to him opening and closing up spaces to them lacking first team players despite starting a team whose average age was higher than ours..

it's fine..
Aleix Garcia indeed outclassed Pogba and turned him back to a teenager..

Lmao!
City had the best chance of the game only that Iheanacho missed it.
BTW, we were expected to dominate a midfield combo of Fernando and a teenage Aleix with Nolito just in front of them yet we looked second best with Aleix being the best midfielder on the pitch until the final minutes when he tired!

Saying otherwise is revisionism!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:01pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10, how did Martial "roam" during LvG's era? And how is he the kind of player which "roaming" would suit? I'm not understanding.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
Leyqute:
Kagawa10, how did Martial "roam" during LvG's era? And how is he the kind of player which "roaming" would suit? I'm not understanding.

Hazard's role under Conte tells it better!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10:

What makes you think he won't fuc.k off to Madrid by the time he gets better? We're still doing the nurturing despite spending millions on him and to think he may leave for Madrid as soon as he becomes a better player is nothing but huge waste of time and resources!

Also, neither Verratti, Kroos are holding players!

I can't tell the future so i will try to support him as long as he is a United player.
It does not have to be Verrati or Kroos but i would not mind either of them with Pogba and someone else behind them in a 4-3-3, it will be better than having Schneiderlin or Fellaini in the team. Herrera might learn to play the holding role or a holding midfielder of quality might become available in the market. The point is that we should support the players whenever possible and try to criticize justly.
When a player plays poorly he should be criticized but if he plays well he should also be commended.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2016
afrodoc2:

I can't tell the future so i will try to support him as long as he is a United player.
It does not have to be Verrati or Kroos but i would not mind either of them with Pogba and someone else behind them in a 4-3-3, it will be better than having Schneiderlin or Fellaini in the team. Herrera might learn to play the holding role or a holding midfielder of quality might become available in the market. The point is that we should support the players whenever possible and try to criticize justly.
When a player plays poorly he should be criticized but if he plays well he should also be commended.

Did you see me criticise him often? Of course not!

I was only debating some argument on here and it's a fact that he has hardly been dominant on the pitch!
I'm still doubting if Verratti or Kroos would work well with Pogba. Both players often looked with energetic high intensity players such as Khedira or Mathuidi, which Pogba is not!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10:

Did you see me criticise him often? Of course not!

I was only debating some argument on here and it's a fact that he has hardly been dominant on the pitch!
I'm still doubting if Verratti or Kroos would work well with Pogba. Both players often looked with energetic high intensity players such as Khedira or Mathuidi, which Pogba is not!

I agree Kroos especially might be a bit of a defensive liability with Pogba but our possession and attacking game will be so much better and a very disciplined holding midfielder behind them in a 4-3-3 would cover the defensive gap.
With a Kroos or Veratti in our midfield our buildup play from midfield would be so fluid and systematic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2016
A lot of people are really not ashamed they be like Pogba is a flop, a prime yaya was dominant, he's only weakness was the CL.

Because no be football them they play for champions league abi. Yaya has always been a local champion who only thrives in the premier league because of their jam body football. His real self surfaces when he plays in the champions league which is more tactical and fluid. I watched the mofo again this afternoon and I nearly puked.

Prime yaya kor. Ultimate Toure ni.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 4:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
UniqueGem:
A lot of people are really not ashamed they be like Pogba is a flop, a prime yaya was dominant, he's only weakness was the CL.

Because no be football them they play for champions league abi. Yaya has always been a local champion who only thrives in the premier league because of their jam body football. His real self surfaces when he plays in the champions league which is more tactical and fluid. I watched the mofo again this afternoon and I nearly puked.

Prime yaya kor. Ultimate Toure ni.

Toure was quite unlucky by the fact that City were always camped with strong teams in their group. At that time, City were nobody and always bore the brunt of their low seeds and as such, always found themselves in tough group.

I recall a match City played against Madrid some years ago and Toure was quite dominant throughout but City still lost out to Madrid!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
Janzuaj dey rust for sunderland bench o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
angry angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 4:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
Khaytunechi:

how does a player DOMINATE the midfield if not by passing around and creating chances?? how??

The answer to this question lies in watching KDB or David Silva clips... and while at it, please take note of how much time they spend doing leg-over or trying to drimble everybody!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
RuuDie:

The answer to this question lies in watching KDB or David Silva clips... and while at it, please take note of how much time they spend doing leg-over or trying to drimble everybody!

not sure you understand what you quoted..
sorry..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10:

Toure was quite unlucky by the fact that City were always camped with strong teams in their group. At that time, City were nobody and always bore the brunt of their low seeds and as such, always found themselves in tough group.

I recall a match City played against Madrid some years ago and Toure was quite dominant throughout but City still lost out to Madrid!

Sorry this is not true. Yaya is usually the wrst City player in most CL games. His game is not suted to Europe everyone in Europe routinely disgraces him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2016
raumdeuter:

Sorry this is not true. Yaya is usually the wrst City player in most CL games. His game is not suted to Europe everyone in Europe routinely disgraces him

Nope! Aguero was always City worst player!

Yaya wasn't always totally bad, he wasn't just as dominant as he used to be but in that particular Madrid match, he was the best midfielder on the pitch!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kagawa10:

Who dash yaya dominant? Pogba has been bossing with Juve in and out of Champions league. He's doing fairly with United at the moment too but no, you'll rather give a prime local champion Toure all the credit. You amuse me.
Yaya has never been world class and will never be, he is only a jam body trailer player.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) (3554) (3555) (3556) ... (14157) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: larride(m), Sportsweb, Oasis007(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.