Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,966 members, 7,863,438 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:46 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8872628 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3666) (3667) (3668) (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2016
Leyqute:

He was the best in the past. One would think he'd improve. Hope Jones, Smelling n Bailly improve on what they are at the moment

He was never very good with the ball and he is too old to develop ball skills now. As a pure defender though he is not that bad and all players fit i still rate him ahead of potential penalty donor Rojo. Bailly and Jones are the best in my opinion, problem is you can't count on Jones not to injure himself while yawning in his sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2016
eph12:

Martial was fantastic. If he keeps this up no way we wouldn't win the league grin
wetin u dey talk so.... u wan win league with 5teams ahead.... abeg wake up ooo

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by stylochime: 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Maybe the new superstar will have the good sense to reject the number.
maybe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2016
afrodoc2:

He was never very good with the ball and he is too old to develop ball skills now. As a pure defender though he is not that bad and all players fit i still rate him ahead of potential penalty donor Rojo. Bailly and Jones are the best in my opinion, problem is you can't count on Jones not to injure himself while yawning in his sleep.

As long as he defends exceptionally well, he should be okay. We don't need 2 ball playing defenders, one is enough. In fact they can just collect the ball and pass it on to the mudfielders to do their job.

Has Smalling been poor? Yes. Is he finished? No.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
Leyqute:

Oya bura si. U no talk am bifor bifor?

Haaa bobo fear God Na..... oya bring the post out
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2016
I almost gave up hope, it looked like it was going to be a bad day.

This is the first time in a long while we didn’t have opposition forwards, big forwards, playing on the shoulder of our centre backs, yet we conceded.

Smalling made a mistake, he and Bailly were far two steps away from the two forwards they should be marking, but the major mistake was that Smalling didn't go for the header. He should have taken a step forward then jump high and forward. This is where Bailly and Jones battle for the ball. Although Bailly looks raw in his play.

The ref almost messed up what was a very good performance from us today. Martial was very great, he made up for the one vs one he missed. Martial and Mkhitaryan were very good. However, we needed to pay more attention to little details in the final third. Sometimes we were too slow, some other time we hurried too much while also there were times the players went for individual highlights in front of goal instead of a killer final pass.

At the end it was a sweet victory coming from behind to win.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:57pm On Dec 31, 2016
edoyad i see u viewing. How may we epp u??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2016
Pep's side playing an interesting amount of longballs grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2016
Last season under Van Goal we would have lost this game once we went one goal down.
This season we got our mojo back and the never say die spirit.
Jose has instilled a never say die spirit and slowly we are chipping away at that gap.
An exciting new year ahead with this team. Bring it on. Bring on 2017.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Professorfrisky: 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2016
Spy360:
.......................... MU
........................ MU
...................... MU
..................... MU
.................... MU
................... MU . MU . MU
.................. MU ............... MU
.................. MU ................ MU
.................... MU ...............MU
........................... MU.. MU
see creativity
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2016
5 wins in a row, Unbeaten in last 10 league games and unbeaten in 12 in all competitions.

We just ve to keep winning and hope results keep going our way elsewhere. Top 4 is within reach!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 7:27pm On Dec 31, 2016
Lana1:
OMG!! OMG!! This is how big teams turn up. This is the kind of stuff Champions are made of!

grin grin grin

In which league. In this Premier League?

Champions ko, Champions ni.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2016
As for Fellaini, sell him and give the money to charity.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 7:34pm On Dec 31, 2016
The ref today was pretty dreadful,but in the end we prevailed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2016
Ibime:

grin grin grin
Yes Champions...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:46pm On Dec 31, 2016
Lana1:
10 crosses
7 take-ons
4 shots
2 chances created
1 goal

Electric performance.
Bro they should check very well. It should be more than 7 take ons
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lincolnn2: 7:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
And we match on! sweet victory!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2016
smiley

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:54pm On Dec 31, 2016
Man of The Match Anthony Martial. .Well deserve
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2016
PietroRico:
Mourinho on return of late #mufc goals: "With Sir Alex, the result would be 3-1." #mulive

Subtle Jose, subtle grin
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2016
PietroRico:
I never thought I would say this but by the time epl is through with Pep he would doubt his own abilities

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2016
This L'pool vs City performance is poor. See players passing like amateurs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hholar(m): 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2016
So, Pellegrini had a higher points tally in his first two seasons with City at this stage than Guardiola has now. I wonder ifthe media will mention this like they do for Mourinho? I bet not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:26pm On Dec 31, 2016
Ibime:

grin grin grin

Baba i neva said we'd win the league. I was only caught up in the moment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:27pm On Dec 31, 2016
PietroRico:
Mourinho on return of late #mufc goals: "With Sir Alex, the result would be 3-1." #mulive

Subtle Jose, subtle grin
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2016
PietroRico:

The guy don humble!!! make him ask Mourinho how far.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2016
eph12:

Bro they should check very well. It should be more than 7 take ons
lol grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:05pm On Dec 31, 2016
The only positive thing I can point out is; Martial's astonishing Performance, very exceptional.

I hope he would replicate the same performance, perhaps even more, against Westham United.

I pray JM plays MMM [Martial, Mkhtaryan and Mata] as AMs in the next Match..... with Pogba and Herrera behind them.

Also, JM should bring back Jones into the Team, or plays Bailly and Rojo as CBs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2016
macjireh:

wetin u dey talk so.... u wan win league with 5teams ahead.... abeg wake up ooo
Bla bla bla. Who ask you?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by edoyad(m): 9:12pm On Dec 31, 2016
What is it with Man U and this 6th position na ?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:43pm On Dec 31, 2016
edoyad:
What is it with Man U and this 6th position na ?
What is it with Arsenal and uselessness?? Wen last una win league?? According to Raumdeuter, u still had hair on ur head the last time Arsenal won the league. Now, not so much.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:34pm On Dec 31, 2016
AFRICA-BOUND BAILLY MISSES WEST HAM GAME

Eric Bailly will miss Monday’s game against West Ham United, and up to seven more Manchester United fixtures in the New Year, while he’s away on international duty with Ivory Coast.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3666) (3667) (3668) (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Gambit001 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.