Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,734 members, 7,862,392 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:26 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3744) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8869191 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3741) (3742) (3743) (3744) (3745) (3746) (3747) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
MRTA7:

I think you're taking for granted the fact other teams could also easiky be stronger and we might not be as strong as we assumed by next season. Zlatan has carried the bulk of our goalscorjng and about to turn 36 his form could easily fall off a cliff next season and then we'll have no tried and trusted goalscorer? Even if Griezmann comes, what if he doesn't settle or needs time to adjust? I'm sure no one predicted Chelsea will get the balance right so quickly so ita very hard to make that prediction you're making because at the moment the table does not lie.

Zlatan was part of our problems in the first three or four months when he could not finish one vs one laid for him on a platter of gold, due to his lack of pace. We can improve on Zlatan.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Pace & Speed all day - typical of Elampiro's "Philosophy"

grin

But he is right. We need more all around pace in the team. Lack of pace is what has blunted to a degree Zlatan's impact, accelerated Rooney's decline and limited Mata to being at best a tier 3 player all his life. Lack of pace is why Blind is a potential liability in almost every position he is played in. Pace is why i would choose Mikki over Mata.
We are not saying we should go for egun ori players without technique like David Odonkor but we need a nice combo of technical ability and physical attributes IN THE SAME PLAYER.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
afrodoc2:

But he is right. We need more all around pace in the team. Lack of pace is what has blunted to a degree Zlatan's impact, accelerated Rooney's decline and limited Mata to being at best a tier 3 player all his life. Lack of pace is why Blind is a potential liability in almost every position he is played in. Pace is why i would choose Mikki over Mata.
We are not saying we should go for egun ori players without technique like David Odonkor but we need a nice combo of technical ability and physical attributes IN THE SAME PLAYER.

Like this fellow cool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4356705_20161014194502_jpeg7260a7fa4b02a737e8063109c98b2d90

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 6:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
elampiro:
Zlatan was part of our problems in the first three or four months when he could not finish one vs one laid for him on a platter of gold, due to his lack of pace. We can improve on Zlatan.
Like you have pointed out, faster men around Zlatan Ibrahimović will help. I don't see how possible it would be getting a player that will be significant improvement on Zlatan Ibrahimović, unless the coach is moving on to a different style of attack. If this is the coach's thinking then a forward combination of Anthony Martial, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Antoine Griezmann can be perfect with Zlatan Ibrahimović playing withdrawn behind them. Sub options in Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard and Juan Mata.
I don't know if Wayne Rooney will continue with the club but I hope to see quicker and skilful men in attack next season because counter attacking moves from Yesteryears were beautiful.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
Eric Bailly is coming back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
elampiro:

grin

It's really not a bad news to me! Ivory Coast Players are bunch of Fools! Many of them are simply on the Pitch to showcase their Talents - playing as if they are exhibiting Individual Talents.

It was obvious most of them ain't playing with passion and love for their Country, rather to catch the Attentions of the Scouts in the Stand..... probably from China!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
elampiro:

Nice, I wonder who'll be the first choice central defenders when everyone is fit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 10:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
Eureka...

Guys, I have found the perfect foil for Carrick.
he is William Carvallho. The dude is a Mop up midfielder and snuffs out attacks before it becomes a problem. He may not have Carrick's range of probing passes yet, but he's a beast of a player in stop-starting possession. Compare their Stats on Squawka.

what do you think?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 10:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
elampiro:

Finally, Fussbot said something. You always read and not comment. That requires a lot of self discipline.
lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
Baldg:
Eureka...

Guys, I have found the perfect foil for Carrick.
he is William Carvallho. The dude is a Mop up midfielder and snuffs out attacks before it becomes a problem. He may not have Carrick's range of probing passes yet, but he's a beast of a player in stop-starting possession. Compare their Stats on Squawka.

what do you think?

Carvalho?....is he better than Bakayoko? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
elrony:

Carvalho?....is he better than Bakayoko? cheesy
Dude seems impressive, but don't think Monaco are willing to sell. He's one of their priced assets.
What's his specialty or advantage over Carvallho?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2017
Baldg:

Dude seems impressive, but don't think Monaco are willing to sell. He's one of their priced assets.
What's his specialty or advantage over Carvallho?

Ehmm...I can't say for shizzle,haven't watched him that much.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

It's really not a bad news to me! Ivory Coast Players are bunch of Fools! Many of them are simply on the Pitch to showcase their Talents - playing as if they are exhibiting Individual Talents.

It was obvious most of them ain't playing with passion and love for their Country, rather to catch the Attentions of the Scouts in the Stand..... probably from China!

They are now mostly tired legs. Solomon Kalou, Wilfried Bony
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 12:17am On Jan 25, 2017
elrony:

Ehmm...I can't say for shizzle,haven't watched him that much.
Try and compare the two Midfielders. Carvallho is pure Muscle and grit.
he can only be bested by a technically gifted no 10, who doesnt mind doing the dirty work.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:05am On Jan 25, 2017
"I think Jose is finding solutions now," the Scot told BBC Sport. "There was a period earlier in the season when he wasn't getting the decisions and his emotions boiled over.

"You see him now - he is calm and in control. That is the obvious observation I am making of the team now. The team is mirroring its manager.

"On Saturday at Stoke, they played to the last kick of the ball. They never gave in and got their rewards to take something from the game with that great Wayne Rooney goal.

"And did you see what he did? Ran to the halfway line. No celebration. Pointed to the ball as if to say 'get it, we are going to win this'. That is exactly the spirit Jose has created.

"You can see he has got to grips with the club. The team is playing really well and he has been very unlucky. He has had six 1-1 draws and in every game he has battered the opposition.

"If they hadn't had all these draws, they would be there challenging Chelsea. That is the unfortunate part but he is going to have to live with that."

Sir Alex Ferguson
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:22am On Jan 25, 2017
Baldg:

he can only be bested by a technically gifted no 10, who doesnt mind doing the dirty work.
I've wanted us to bring Carvalho here having watched him in last Euro and against R.Madrid, and looking at our midfield set up. He can replace Carrick without us making changes to the midfield I think. As for the other guy, I have not watched him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:45am On Jan 25, 2017
Oasis007:

"If they hadn't had all these draws, they would be there challenging Chelsea. That is the unfortunate part but he is going to have to live with that."

Sir Alex Ferguson

And IF I was Bill Gates I would be waking up with my johnson buried deep in Rihanna's exquisite throat.

IF.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elnino4ladies: 10:48am On Jan 25, 2017
Nihilist:

And IF I was Bill Gates I would be waking up with my johnson buried deep in Rihanna's exquisite throat.

IF.

Lol... If
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 10:57am On Jan 25, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

Lol... If

Am I the only one who always sees this funny moniker and wonders what the hell it stands for?

Not even sure if the guy na united or chelsea sef...El Nino for ladies....lol....abeg when you get time explain am for me bros...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CONTEDDICTED: 11:15am On Jan 25, 2017
If Sunderland had won all those games they lost this season they would be thinking of breaking Arsenal's unbeaten run and winning streak

Just IF

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elnino4ladies: 11:16am On Jan 25, 2017
funlord:

Am I the only one who always sees this funny moniker and wonders what the hell it stands for?

Not even sure if the guy na united or chelsea sef...El Nino for ladies....lol....abeg when you get time explain am for me bros...

My moniker is not funny bro
Am Elnino fan... (Fernando Torres)
I christened my moniker after him

Am actually a Chelsea fan. I frequent here to read e war lol... Then I enjoy reading elampiro's post on Wayne Rooney kagawa's hatred for Herrera
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:19pm On Jan 25, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:
If Sunderland had won all those games they lost this season they would be thinking of breaking Arsenal's unbeaten run and winning streak

Just IF
Nihilist:

IF.
some have Brain, but cannot use,
Some can use but have no brain,
If you have brain and you can use use,
Glory be to you oh Lord.. AMEEEN!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 12:26pm On Jan 25, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

My moniker is not funny bro
Am Elnino fan... (Fernando Torres)
I christened my moniker after him

Am actually a Chelsea fan. I frequent here to read e war lol... Then I enjoy reading elampiro's post on Wayne Rooney kagawa's hatred for Herrera

Alright! The ladies part nkor?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elnino4ladies: 12:29pm On Jan 25, 2017
funlord:

Alright! The ladies part nkor?

LMAO

I love ladies especially those with big booty and big boob's
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 12:37pm On Jan 25, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

LMAO

I love ladies especially those with big booty and big boob's

Well don't we all....good 2 know! I C U...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elnino4ladies: 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2017
funlord:

Well don't we all....good 2 know! I C U...

Thanks sir
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 12:54pm On Jan 25, 2017
chrisley024:
I've wanted us to bring Carvalho here having watched him in last Euro and against R.Madrid, and looking at our midfield set up. He can replace Carrick without us making changes to the midfield I think. As for the other guy, I have not watched him.

Although Carvalho is very talented his passing range in quite limited to be a Carrick type of player. Bakayoko is also a different style of player to Carrick so you wont replace Carrick with those two unless you want to change the playing style of the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 1:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
Baldg:

He was horrible at the worldcup though. Moves as if he's got heavy stones in his feet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:34pm On Jan 25, 2017
Rumours circulating that the club plans on expanding OT to 88 000 seats. Good or Bad idea??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:37pm On Jan 25, 2017
Carvalho is powerful, tenacious and sees danger early but he has the pace of a pregnant rhino and limited passing range.
I have not seen enough of Bakayoko to make an assessment. But if you are looking to replace Carrick with a similar player your best candidates are Sergio Busquets and Javi Martinez.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:41pm On Jan 25, 2017
Lana1:
Rumours circulating that the club plans on expanding OT to 88 000 seats. Good or Bad idea??

Good idea of course. Game day income will increase and most games are practically sold out already so the demand is there. You need to see how hard it is to get tickets especially for marquee matches like vs City, vs Liverpool e.t.c. More seats will reduce the demand-supply imbalance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
afrodoc2:
Carvalho is powerful, tenacious and sees danger early but he has the pace of a pregnant rhino and limited passing range.
I have not seen enough of Bakayoko to make an assessment. But if you are looking to replace Carrick with a similar player your best candidates are Sergio Busquets and Javi Martinez.

Is Bakayoko not a defensive box-box CM? I thought it was Fabinho doing the holding midfield role.

Anyway, my ideal holding player would be Florentina's Badelj. There's also KSY of Southampton but I think he's regressed although the Saints often deploy him as a no 8, instead of playing him as a no 6.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3741) (3742) (3743) (3744) (3745) (3746) (3747) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.