Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,967 members, 7,866,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:45 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8882408 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3744) (3745) (3746) (3747) (3748) (3749) (3750) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:04am On Jan 26, 2017
Which kind ball are they playing in this AFCON??
grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:42am On Jan 26, 2017
funlord:

Pogba already has more career goals then verrati and is more of an attack minded midfield player than marco.....Marco can even sit slightly deeper than pogba and just be as devastating as xavi alonso or xavi was from the dm position....

Between pogba and marco it would make more sense for pogba to be the player you want initiating your teams attacks...

I think kagawa has a point here. Veratti is more an 8 than a 6. But if he came he wouldn't be replacing Carrick or even Pogba, it would be Herrera losing his starting place.
The advantage of that is with a circulator of ball like Veratti or Kroos partnering Pogba we can go for a pure DM to replace Carrick.
If we don't get a such a player to partner Pogba then we need a Carrick like DM e.g Martinez, Busquets or someone similar to play the 6.

Summary is we need a playmaker either at the 6 position or 8 position in order to make our midfield work.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:13am On Jan 26, 2017
afrodoc2:

I think kagawa has a point here. Veratti is more an 8 than a 6. But if he came he wouldn't be replacing Carrick or even Pogba, it would be Herrera losing his starting place.
The advantage of that is with a circulator of ball like Veratti or Kroos partnering Pogba we can go for a pure DM to replace Carrick.
If we don't get a such a player to partner Pogba then we need a Carrick like DM e.g Martinez, Busquets or someone similar to play the 6.

Summary is we need a playmaker either at the 6 position or 8 position in order to make our midfield work.

I'd say sign both...The season is always fixture laden over here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:24am On Jan 26, 2017
elrony:

Aside Fellaini, who should leave? You know we have to sell off some of these players to offset some of the wage burden. For me Rooney, Mata, Darmian and Fellaini should.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 26, 2017
elrony:

You have a mourinho mindset...SMH...Sign this Sign that, We are now fools in the transfer market, it's time for the board to be more stringent in the transfer budget.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:30am On Jan 26, 2017
eph12:

Aside Fellaini, who should leave? You know we have to sell off some of these players to offset some of the wage burden. For me Rooney, Mata, Darmian and Fellaini should.
You forgot Bastian and Young
I'd keep Mata. He still offers sth
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:58am On Jan 26, 2017
chrisley024:
You forgot Bastian and Young
I'd keep Mata. He still offers sth
yea I totally forgot those ones maybe because they don't feature anymore so they are technically not part of the team.

Mata needs a lot of things going for him for him to deliver consistently. A well oiled system and if it fails he gets lost. I'm not saying he hasn't saved us a couple of times but so has a lot of players and keepers in the lesser team. What we need is consistency and ability to take the game on it's head even when others are playing below capacity. We already have enough players that chest beat when they face weaker teams that refuse to attack but gets lost when we face teams that have a go at us. What we need in the team now are leaders that can step up even against stronger teams consistently.

I have been reading a lot here about some players. I hope we get it right this time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:04am On Jan 26, 2017
Brightwood:

You have a mourinho mindset...SMH...Sign this Sign that, We are now fools in the transfer market, it's time for the board to be more stringent in the transfer budget.
I think I agree with you for once. If teams sense desperation from us they will take us for a ride. Player that shouldn't cost more than 30-40mil will automatically become 60mil once it's United calling then the high wage the agent will be asking for.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 2:25pm On Jan 26, 2017
Lana1:
Which kind ball are they playing in this AFCON??
grin grin

this is there first tym @ the tournament.
They no qualify 4 second round self
I no Jo how they take come sf
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:34pm On Jan 26, 2017
make we see some of our youngs today i wan see this tuanzebe fella.
shaw suppose start this game.

we still never know wetin dey go on between martial and Jose

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/25/manchester-united-jose-mourinho-anthony-martial-improve
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CONTEDDICTED: 3:00pm On Jan 26, 2017
Matic for Martial and Willian for Shaw

Make it happen Jose
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 26, 2017
eph12:

I think I agree with you for once. If teams sense desperation from us they will take us for a ride. Player that shouldn't cost more than 30-40mil will automatically become 60mil once it's United calling then the high wage the agent will be asking for.

I don't think there will be problems with wage bills because we are a very rich club and no matter the player we buy it's almost certain they are getting a wage increase, but problem is with all these small and medium level clubs quoting prices like $40m for their star players...It's frustrating but we are the richest club or top 3 so I guess it comes with the territory.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 4:36pm On Jan 26, 2017
Kagawa10:

I really don't know the answer to your question. I know serie a is quite slow paced but that doesn't mean there are no good players in the league.

Moreover, Badelj was fantastic at Hamburg and if not for the poor level of his Hamburg's team mates, he would have been recognised sooner. He was also good at the euros. I could remember how he was the only one that stood tall against Spain whereas Modric and Rakitic looked subdued and dominated against Iniesta.
Just watched Badelj. dude is a like for like replacement of Carrick.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:56pm On Jan 26, 2017
eph12:

Young nko?... I know we would definitely sell to bring balance to the wage bill
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:58pm On Jan 26, 2017
Brightwood:

It's not about Mou's mindset, let off dead woods and sign quality to improve the team, how is it a Mou's thing?
So we shouldn't sign players again because Mourinho is in charge?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 26, 2017

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2017
elrony:

It's not about Mou's mindset, let off dead woods and sign quality to improve the team, how is it a Mou's thing?
So we shouldn't sign players again because Mourinho is in charge?

You said we should sign the two players that's just unnecessary, only one player would suffice and besides we still have dead weight she like Fellaini, our priority should be selling not buying.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2017
elrony:

Scholes favourite = two legs sliding cheesy grin
I could remember one of our UCL matches as a teen, e be like na against Benfica or so, I just say make I drink water next thing I dey see Scholes dey jog comot field grin

Vs Roman away.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2017
Mou names Strong XI against Hull.

Hope we get 3 points on Sunday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:19pm On Jan 26, 2017
Strong starting 11.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2017
Martial has a big problem now. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 26, 2017
MRTA7:
Martial has a big problem now. undecided

Mourinho is the one with the problem, you don't start a player then all of a sudden you thrust him into a big game vs Liverpool and then you use the performance to judge him, how's that fair? Starring a slow mata at the wings in our recent games in fact, He was the one that killed our stoke game now he's on the bench instead of Martial...SMH. when pundits have been saying we need more pace, you then decide to use a short Spaniard...SMH.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2017
Seems these guys no wan play today
How's that a pen even
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 26, 2017
LMFAO...ALL the fools that backed Mourinho at the beginning of the season, you have nowhere to hide now. angry angry sad

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2017
Just look at Lingard there grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bi0nics: 9:36pm On Jan 26, 2017
Brightwood:
LMFAO...ALL the fools that backed Mourinho at the beginning of the season, you have nowhere to hide now. angry angry sad

It's about to go down.. cool cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2017
bi0nics:

It's about to go down.. cool cheesy

Nothing is going down, they are all ashamed to show their ugly necks grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2017
Never seen this fuvkery in a long time!!!! angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
Very awful! Carrick is even nowhere to be found
He should just give playing time to Shaw and Mensah
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 26, 2017
Only A mourinho team can play catchup to Hull city...SMH.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:28pm On Jan 26, 2017
Very very sloppy defensively.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:31pm On Jan 26, 2017
We've turned Niasse into Messi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3744) (3745) (3746) (3747) (3748) (3749) (3750) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.