Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,880 members, 7,862,975 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3745) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8871112 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3742) (3743) (3744) (3745) (3746) (3747) (3748) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:48pm On Jan 25, 2017
Baldg:

Try and compare the two Midfielders. Carvallho is pure Muscle and grit.
he can only be bested by a technically gifted no 10, who doesnt mind doing the dirty work.

I can't compare well enough,I haven't watched both well enough, though I think Carvallho is more experienced.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 2:48pm On Jan 25, 2017
Kagawa10:

He was horrible at the worldcup though. Moves as if he's got heavy stones in his feet.
Worldcup is too long a time to judge him. Check out his performance at Euro and Some Champions league match, especially the one against Madrid. The way he outmuscled Bale in a second despite Bale's speed and technique.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
Kagawa10:

Is Bakayoko not a defensive box-box CM? I thought it was Fabinho doing the holding midfield role.

Anyway, my ideal holding player would be Florentina's Badelj. There's also KSY of Southampton but I think he's regressed although the Saints often deploy him as a no 8, instead of playing him as a no 6.

As in Fabinho the defender? undecided
KSY as in that former Swansea guy? sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
afrodoc2:
Carvalho is powerful, tenacious and sees danger early but he has the pace of a pregnant rhino and limited passing range.
I have not seen enough of Bakayoko to make an assessment. But if you are looking to replace Carrick with a similar player your best candidates are Sergio Busquets and Javi Martinez.

Javi "Clutches" Martinez? ... The guy go just dey injure anyhow for EPL, he's so good no doubt,buh he too like sick bay grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
Safe to say there ll never be another Carrick , just as there ll never be another Scholes at Manchester United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 2:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
chrisley024:
I've wanted us to bring Carvalho here having watched him in last Euro and against R.Madrid, and looking at our midfield set up. He can replace Carrick without us making changes to the midfield I think. As for the other guy, I have not watched him.

You are a keen Observer. The guy has some Ice Cold blood running in his veins. He handles pressure easily. His mould is better suited for the premier league. The way he screened the Portuguese Defence in Euro was awesome, that was shy it was impregnable. Especially in the Finals when he played against a Star studded midfield In Pogba, Payet and Sissoko.

and besides his stats and Carrick's are almost similar.

The dude is a mould of Scholes(For agility, snuffing out attacks) and Viera(Marauding runs forward) .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 3:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
elrony:

I can't compare well enough,I haven't watched both well enough, though I think Carvallho is more experienced.
You'll love what you see when you watch his clips and analyze. I Only can imagine the Well packed Midfield consisting of Him ,Pogba and Herrera.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 3:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
afrodoc2:
Carvalho is powerful, tenacious and sees danger early but he has the pace of a pregnant rhino and limited passing range.
I have not seen enough of Bakayoko to make an assessment. But if you are looking to replace Carrick with a similar player your best candidates are Sergio Busquets and Javi Martinez.
All players got their downsides,
But Sergi and Javi can't be priced away from Barca and Bayern, besides both are old. it will be a win-win situation if we get someone that has lots of years ahead and time to improve.
That's why we bought Martial and Pogba. Future projects.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
Baldg:

You'll love what you see when you watch his clips and analyze. I Only can imagine the Well packed Midfield consisting of Him ,Pogba and Herrera.
And I read he's cheap less than 30m cheap, Loserfools are currently gunning for him angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 3:13pm On Jan 25, 2017
Kagawa10:

Is Bakayoko not a defensive box-box CM? I thought it was Fabinho doing the holding midfield role.

Anyway, my ideal holding player would be Florentina's Badelj. There's also KSY of Southampton but I think he's regressed although the Saints often deploy him as a no 8, instead of playing him as a no 6.
I'll check out the Florentine Guy, but if I may ask, which league is more rugged for such type of player to adapt. Though Serie A has more technicaly balanced Midfielders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
MRTA7:

Although Carvalho is very talented his passing range in quite limited to be a Carrick type of player. Bakayoko is also a different style of player to Carrick so you wont replace Carrick with those two unless you want to change the playing style of the team.
Be it as it may, Carrick has little time. Best we can do is adopt a new but gradual style. If you notice, Carvallho thrives on Pacey wingers and we got both Mikhi and Martial.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
Kagawa10:

Yeah Fabinho is the deeper of the 2 and Bakayoko is more B2B but the neither is in the Carrick mold.
Do u mean KSY of Swansea?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 3:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
elrony:
Safe to say there ll never be another Carrick , just as there ll never be another Scholes at Manchester United.

Sad but true. The game has evolved a lot. Serie A were the powerhouse in the 90's, but today, they are trying to rise from the ashes.
The beauty of a coach is in his ability to bring out the best in a player. Look at what Conte has done to Pedro and Moses.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2017
elrony:

And I read he's cheap less than 30m cheap, Loserfools are currently gunning for him angry
Dude is just there for the taking.
Lieing in wait and when he's snapped up, the Old Aged one will then remember how he was scouted while young to be a GONER.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:29pm On Jan 25, 2017
Baldg:

You are a keen Observer. The guy has some Ice Cold blood running in his veins. He handles pressure easily. His mould is better suited for the premier league. The way he screened the Portuguese Defence in Euro was awesome, that was shy it was impregnable. Especially in the Finals when he played against a Star studded midfield In Pogba, Payet and Sissoko.

and besides his stats and Carrick's are almost similar.

The dude is a mould of Scholes(For agility, snuffing out attacks) and Viera(Marauding runs forward) .

Carvalho is in no way like Scholes. He lacks Scholes vision, passing range, confidence on the ball and shooting.
He is not Viera either, he is a pure DM with size, strength and no pace.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2017
Baldg:

All players got their downsides,
But Sergi and Javi can't be priced away from Barca and Bayern, besides both are old. it will be a win-win situation if we get someone that has lots of years ahead and time to improve.
That's why we bought Martial and Pogba. Future projects.

Both are 28, i won't call that old. I am not saying we should actually get one of them but they are the most similar to Carrick not leaden-footed
Carvalho. I don't trust that league that produced Mangala and Martins Indi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 3:37pm On Jan 25, 2017
afrodoc2:

Carvalho is in no way like Scholes. He lacks Scholes vision, passing range, confidence on the ball and shooting.

undecided

I was also wondering whether the chronic I had smoked earlier had been laced with cocaine because that could have been the only reason why I was reading about "carvalho" being mentioned in the same sentence with "paul scholes" and even "viera" on this thread!

The only man to replace Carrick has got to be "Marco verrati"...anyone else would be a likely gamble!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 3:45pm On Jan 25, 2017

DORTMUND NAME AUBAMEYANG'S PRICE:

Starting from £65,000,000?

http://www.football365.com/news/dortmund-confirm-striker-aubameyangs-starting-price
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
afrodoc2:

Good idea of course. Game day income will increase and most games are practically sold out already so the demand is there. You need to see how hard it is to get tickets especially for marquee matches like vs City, vs Liverpool e.t.c. More seats will reduce the demand-supply imbalance.
Agreed. That's about 15% increase in size and matchday income.
And it'll also put OT as the 2nd biggest club stadium in Europe behind Camp Nou.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 4:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
afrodoc2:

Oh come on. I listed what he has that was similar in Scholesy and Viera not a type for type comparison. it is confirmed that he has Confidence and vision. Check some YouTube videos.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
funlord:

undecided

I was also wondering whether the chronic I had smoked earlier had been laced with cocaine because that could have been the only reason why I was reading about "carvalho" being mentioned in the same sentence with "paul scholes" and even "viera" on this thread!

The only man to replace Carrick has got be "Marco verrati"...anyone else would be a likely gamble!

Yes Verrati is the truth. He has all the tools needed, he just needs to clean up his disciplinary record.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
Baldg:

Oh come on. I listed what he has that was similar in Scholesy and Viera not a type for type comparison. it is confirmed that he has Confidence and vision. Check some YouTube videos.

I have seen many of his games so i don't need youtube clips.
1) Scholes was not known for snuffing out attacks(at least not legitimately lol), and Carvalho has the agility of a DAF truck so your basic premise itself is wrong. Carvalho has no similarity to Scholes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
afrodoc2:

Both are 28, i won't call that old. I am not saying we should actually get one of them but they are the most similar to Carrick not leaden-footed
Carvalho. I don't trust that league that produced Mangala and Martins Indi.
Carrick's been a Mancunian for more than 10 years and has learnt to play the United Way.
They are similar Yes, but what alternatives can you come up with. I mean someone young, already showing his game type that we can draft in as a replacement.

BTW, the Primeria Liga has also garnished the talents of Angel Di Maria, Axel Witsel, James Rodriguez, Nemanja Matic and Jan Oblak (ATL Madrid Goalie). look at the positives.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 4:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
funlord:

undecided

The only man to replace Carrick has got be "Marco verrati"...anyone else would be a likely gamble!

Veratti is a Scholsey heir. but PSG are unwilling to sell.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 4:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
afrodoc2:

I have seen many of his games so i don't need youtube clips.
1) Scholes was not known for snuffing out attacks(at least not legitimately lol), and Carvalho has the agility of a DAF truck so your basic premise itself is wrong. Carvalho has no similarity to Scholes.

What you will say about the intentions of Scholsey tackles? it's to break up play fast.

And remember Scholes was a late Bloomer. Started displaying His midfield dominance at a later stage in his career.

Respect to the shy Genius.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2017
Baldg:

Veratti is a Scholsey heir. but PSG are unwilling to sell.

Money answereth all things....ask juventus

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2017
Baldg:

Carrick's been a Mancunian for more than 10 years and has learnt to play the United Way.
They are similar Yes, but what alternatives can you come up with. I mean someone young, already showing his game type that we can draft in as a replacement.

BTW, the Primeria Liga has also garnished the talents of Angel Di Maria, Axel Witsel, James Rodriguez, Nemanja Matic and Jan Oblak (ATL Madrid Goalie). look at the positives.

ADM that came here and flopped already? That guy papers over his weekly putrid performances with once a month golazos. He is a knockout tournament player not a player to prosecute a league season with.
To borrow from the book of A40, James Rodriguez is over rated. Any club that spends heavy money on that Mata part 2 might be in for a shock.
They are currently manhandling themselves on the Chelsea thread over Matic or no Matic. cheesy
Oblak is good though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CONTEDDICTED: 4:27pm On Jan 25, 2017
When your team spends over 200m on midfielders in 4 years nd Carrick is still your best midfielder

Emenalo must feel like a Don

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:27pm On Jan 25, 2017
Baldg:

What you will say about the intentions of Scholsey tackles? it's to break up play fast.

And remember Scholes was a late Bloomer. Started displaying His midfield dominance at a later stage in his career.

Respect to the shy Genius.

Scholes and his friends the Nevilles used to laugh about his inability to tackle PROPERLY. Almost every other Scholes tackle was a foul.
When Fergie wanted someone to open up the opposition with passing and late box movements he played Scholes, when he wanted to break up the opposition play with tackles he brought on Nicky Butt.
I can say that Scholes weakest point was his poor and rash tackling.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
afrodoc2:

ADM that came here and flopped already? That guy papers over his weekly putrid performances with once a month golazos. He is a knockout tournament player not a player to prosecute a league season with.
To borrow from the book of A40, James Rodriguez is over rated. Any club that spends heavy money on that Mata part 2 might be in for a shock.
They are currently manhandling themselves on the Chelsea thread over Matic or no Matic. cheesy
Oblak is good though.
ADM form beggars some questions wether it was the intensity of the EPL or the coach mismgt is an argument for another day, but for real, Rodriguez was a prodigy at Porto.
Matic, Hmmm. not that exceptional. more like a matured Jack Rodwell.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
Why do we have to play on Thursday and not Wednesday?

26 Jan - Football League Cup Semi-final, Game 2
Hull City vs Man United

29 Jan - FA Cup Fourth round
Man United vs Wigan Athletic

1 Feb - Premier League
Man United vs Hull City

5 Feb - Premier League
Leicester City vs Man United

11 Feb - Premier League
Man United vs Watford

This is a very exhaustive sched. Knowing Mou, he might overwork his first team, which will def affect their performance later on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3742) (3743) (3744) (3745) (3746) (3747) (3748) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.