Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4034) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8774365 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4031) (4032) (4033) (4034) (4035) (4036) (4037) ... (14174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 10:45pm On May 04, 2017
elampiro:

The keeper already went towards to his left, to behind the wall. You didn't see him? If the ball went over the wall he would probably have saved it. It went to his right and he recovered poorly.

I missed that, I will re-watch it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:51pm On May 04, 2017
chrisley024:
Nawa for you. Which one is 'more dangerous' when we know it difficult to lift the ball over the wall to score. Easy to score on the side not shielded and reason Gks stay there.

It is easy to move the ball over the wall. Almost every team has a player who can do that. We have had Owen Hargreaves, Mata who did it. Playing with the right foot to the far post cannot be anywhere as dangerous as playing with the left foot into the far post from that spot.

It is easy to score the side not shielded if the ball is curled around the wall with the opposite foot. For instance, 90% of the time, a left footer should have taken our freekick today and try to aim it around the wall. That means Fellaini should have given way from where he was standing.

Rashford was able to score because the ball still went over the wall, the keeper moved to his left and made a poor recovery and Blind step over the freekick.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:53pm On May 04, 2017
elampiro:

You don't understand. No one said it cant go there. I said it is easier to recover if it is going to the keeper's right. This keeper tried to recover but was poor at it. If this ball went to his right, he would probably have gotten there.

Remember too there was a movement from Blind which added to the confusion.
Once a Gk has made a move it will be very difficult to recover and go the other way. The ball moves in few seconds. You're saying recover and move the other way like they've spring on the waist.

The fact is that the Gk should be blamed for today's goal; for being beaten on his side.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:54pm On May 04, 2017
chrisley024:
Once a Gk has made a move it will be very difficult to recover and go the other way. The ball moves in few seconds. You're saying recover and move the other way like they've spring on the waist.

The fact is that the Gk should be blamed for today's goal; for being beaten on his side.

Keepers recover every now and them. Is it today we have started watching freekicks. You can still look at some saved freekicks in youtube.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:02pm On May 04, 2017
Did you guys see how Romero came out to pick a corner kick today, and he didn't drop it. Was it a free kick sef? I like that aspect of his game. It reminds me of Van D'Sar.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 11:06pm On May 04, 2017
elampiro:
Did you guys see how Romero came out to pick a corner kick today, and he didn't drop it. Was it a free kick sef? I like that aspect of his game. It reminds me of Van D'Sar.
He is not a Spanish keeper now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:12pm On May 04, 2017
elampiro:

It is easy to move the ball over the wall. Almost every team has a player who can do that. We have had Owen Hargreaves, Mata who did it. Playing with the right foot to the far post cannot be anywhere as dangerous as playing with the left foot into the far post from that spot.

It is easy to score the side not shielded if the ball is curled around the wall with the opposite foot. For instance, 90% of the time, a left footer should have taken our freekick today and try to aim it around the wall. That means Fellaini should have given way from where he was standing.

Rashford was able to score because the ball still went over the wall, the keeper moved to his left and made a poor recovery and Blind step over the freekick.
Still saying similar thing. Harder behind the wall cos of the ball projectile motion. It has to go over the wall and come down in the short distance to travel so it's more difficult unlike the other side where the ball travels longer distance so can easily get the target while landing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:25pm On May 04, 2017
elampiro:
Romero was commanding in his area 2day.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:27pm On May 04, 2017
elampiro:

Keepers recover every now and them. Is it today we have started watching freekicks. You can still look at some saved freekicks in youtube.

Of course we know Gk recover but for such close range free kicks, a Gk will be easily beaten once he has aimed for the wrong side and the goal is Gk's error if beaten on his side just like Lloris was blamed for Willian's goal and today's goal. I haven't seen anywhere DDG was even mentioned for Sigurdson's goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 11:54pm On May 04, 2017
No way will a keeper reach that ball, diving back from when the ball got over the wall.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:58pm On May 04, 2017
chrisley024:
Still saying similar thing. Harder behind the wall cos of the ball projectile motion. It has to go over the wall and come down in the short distance to travel so it's more difficult unlike the other side where the ball travels longer distance so can easily get the target while landing.

Are you saying when a freekick goes over the wall towards the goal that the keeper should not brother because he would not be blamed for it? The reason Romero saved that freekick against Rostov was because he moved before the ball . Otherwise it would have been a late goal against us.

Moving before her ball doesn’t mean you run or dive to the other side, you just count two steps with the intention of returning if the freekick is played to the keeper's side
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:03am On May 05, 2017
chrisley024:
Of course we know Gk recover but for such close range free kicks, a Gk will be easily beaten once he has aimed for the wrong side and the goal is Gk's error if beaten on his side just like Lloris was blamed for Willian's goal and today's goal. I haven't seen anywhere DDG was even mentioned for Sigurdson's goal.

DeGea did not move against Fernabache. He did not move against Swansea from same spot. So we should just surrender a goal to opponent e every time we concede a free kick there because DeGea would not be blame?

Did you see Wolfsburg keeper dived full length to try save Alaba's freekick from same spot? But DDG will not move even when played with a more predictable right foot.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 12:08am On May 05, 2017
elampiro:

DeGea did not move against Fernabache. He did not move against Swansea from same spot. So we should just surrender a goal to opponent e every time we concede a free kick there because DeGea would not be blame?

Did you see Wolfsburg keeper dived full length to try save Alaba's freekick from same spot? But DDG will not move even when played with a more predictable right foot.

guy this seems a bit personal tho,seems you don't fancy ddg much..you have overflogged this matter..and I didn't c you criticising wazza for commiting a foul in that dangerous area..imagine if it was fellaini who was the culprit,men wouldn't forgive him here..

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:21am On May 05, 2017
Chrisley024 watch this video. You will see keepers saving freekicks played over the wall. They saved mostly because they moved from their side towards the side of the post the wall covered. If they didn't count steps, they wouldn't have been able to save.

You will see Manual Neuer, Kahn and even David DeGea saved against Mata

Pay attention to freekick number 2 in the countdown. It is exactly the same freekick Sigurdsson scored against DeGea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUstsgWo9KA

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:22am On May 05, 2017
angry
dubylhover:

guy this seems a bit personal tho,seems you don't fancy ddg much..you have overflogged this matter..and I didn't c you criticising wazza for commiting a foul in that dangerous area..imagine if it was fellaini who was the culprit,men wouldn't forgive him here..

Go back and read my criticism of Waza same day.

So you guys now support DeGea not to even make a dive or an attempt for freekicks?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:30am On May 05, 2017
Chrisley024

This is even a better taken freekick than the ones DeGea refused to even move an inch against Fernabache and Swansea. Taken from same spot.

The ball was going into angle 90 of right top corner and he saved it.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:35am On May 05, 2017
^^^

The above freekick is even from a closer position than Sigurdson's goal against us. Also closer than Fernabache scored against DeGea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 12:36am On May 05, 2017
what shall it profit celta vigo to rest it plauers for laliga only to lose against a tired Manchester United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 2:34am On May 05, 2017
Terrific

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 4:15am On May 05, 2017
elrony:

Chaiiiiiiiii. ...You need fast for 7 days! grin

Lmfao.....na mistake cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:38am On May 05, 2017
Good win from the guys despite some crazy misses....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:04am On May 05, 2017
elampiro:
angry

Go back and read my criticism of Waza same day.

So you guys now support DeGea not to even make a dive or an attempt for freekicks?

we are not supporting ddg,but for all the things he has done for us,I think your criticism is over the top..it just seemed like you had been waiting for the mistake to happen..
every keeper has one flaw or the other..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:28am On May 05, 2017
dubylhover:

we are not supporting ddg,but for all the things he has done for us,I think your criticism is over the top..it just seemed like you had been waiting for the mistake to happen..

Elampiro was one the greatest DDG critics when we first bought him ( and with good reason) so I know he has never been really convinced about DDG especially when it comes to aerial balls.
I believe the problem is really about where DDG's positioning for free kicks. May he needs to start positioning himself a bit more towards the middle so he can have a chance to get to those balls that go over the wall.
Having said that it is worse when a keeper gets beaten on HIS OWN SIDE like the Celta Vigo goalie yesterday. That is much worse than DDG's error, a keeper should never be beaten on his own side.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:31am On May 05, 2017
elampiro:

Just like Rashi's goal was predictable and the GK got played. Someone even claimed he should have known where the ball would go like every sensible person knew. The goalie tries to read the flight of the ball and dive accordingly not jumping around and look like a dummy by being beaten on his side; he is cautious of both both sides of the post. DDG didn't dive when he has calculated he won't make it to the ball. Another important thing is the wall; eg is Martial in Fernabache goal.

I think this has been over dragged and I'm done with it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:41am On May 05, 2017
dubylhover:

Whoever says Sig's goal is a Gk's error just has another issue with the GK. If saved it's a great save and not expected saves while the Gk can never be blamed for it. DDG has his errors which we know but not try to make him the scape-goat for that goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 8:08am On May 05, 2017
chrisley024:
Whoever says Sig's goal is a Gk's error just has another issue with the GK. If saved it's a great save and not expected saves while the Gk can never be blamed for it. DDG has his errors which we know but not try to make him the scape-goat for that goal.

yea,it seems he has an issue with ddg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 8:10am On May 05, 2017
afrodoc2:

Elampiro was one the greatest DDG critics when we first bought him ( and with good reason) so I know he has never been really convinced about DDG especially when it comes to aerial balls.
I believe the problem is really about where DDG's positioning for free kicks. May he needs to start positioning himself a bit more towards the middle so he can have a chance to get to those balls that go over the wall.
Having said that it is worse when a keeper gets beaten on HIS OWN SIDE like the Celta Vigo goalie yesterday. That is much worse than DDG's error, a keeper should never be beaten on his own side.

yea,d celta keeper messed up a biggie..I wonder y elamps is attacking ddg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PattyCake: 8:25am On May 05, 2017
dubylhover:

yea,d celta keeper messed up a biggie..I wonder y elamps is attacking ddg

Hunger can make one do funny things.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 9:39am On May 05, 2017
PattyCake:

Hunger can make one do funny things.

cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 10:40am On May 05, 2017
Mourinho in 2013: "Chelsea were not successful winning the EL.. If I won the EL it would be a big disappointment"

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:58am On May 05, 2017
bigkesh:
Mourinho in 2013: "Chelsea were not successful winning the EL.. If I won the EL it would be a big disappointment"
that was when winning the EL has no added benefits. now it is an avenue to qualify for the UCL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:10pm On May 05, 2017
dubylhover:

You are wrong. DDG made same mistake against Fernabache and I didnt mention it. When the mistake happened again, it has to be pointed out. I only pointed it out once, but some guys kept justifying his style of keeping freekicks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4031) (4032) (4033) (4034) (4035) (4036) (4037) ... (14174) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eph12(m), main24(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.