Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,958 members, 7,835,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4035) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8789448 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4032) (4033) (4034) (4035) (4036) (4037) (4038) ... (14181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:20pm On May 05, 2017
afrodoc2:

Elampiro was one the greatest DDG critics when we first bought him ( and with good reason) so I know he has never been really convinced about DDG especially when it comes to aerial balls.
I believe the problem is really about where DDG's positioning for free kicks. May he needs to start positioning himself a bit more towards the middle so he can have a chance to get to those balls that go over the wall.
Having said that it is worse when a keeper gets beaten on HIS OWN SIDE like the Celta Vigo goalie yesterday. That is much worse than DDG's error, a keeper should never be beaten on his own side.

You are correct to say there are aspects of his game I have never been convinced about. Particularly when compared to our previous number 1, Van Der Sar's command of his box.

The major problem with that freekick has to do with predicting where and where the ball could go. DeGea assumes the ball cannot go over the wall that is why he doesn't even make an attempt. To think he used to save from there in his early years makes me want to say he might already be regressing. If you saw the video and screenshots I posted, the keeper who made that superb save was positioned far to his right, but he made a good anticipation and recovery plans.

KEEPERS ALSO GET BEATEN ON THEIR SIDES. Even if the best of keepers get beaten on their sides, so the Celta keeper's mistake should not be used to justify DeGea's lack of awareness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 1:23pm On May 05, 2017
please i need answers. Man United winning Europa league and Chelsea winning the league which one is better or more prestige.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:28pm On May 05, 2017
chrisley024:
Just like Rashi's goal was predictable and the GK got played. Someone even claimed he should have known where the ball would go like every sensible person knew. The goalie tries to read the flight of the ball and dive accordingly not jumping around and look like a dummy by being beaten on his side; he is cautious of both both sides of the post. DDG didn't dive when he has calculated he won't make it to the ball. Another important thing is the wall; eg is Martial in Fernabache goal.

I think this has been over dragged and I'm done with it.

Reading the flight of the ball is not the first thing. After setting the wall, the next thing is positioning.

If the keeper is positioned in the middle , he knows he has to make so much effort to reach the ball in case it is hit towards the angle not covered by the wall. If he is positioned too far to the side not covered, he must make or think how to act fast in case the ball goes over the wall. He is not a statue. So this is why the keepers you saw in that video already made one or two anticipated steps towards the side covered by the wall. They do that with recovery plans in mind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:29pm On May 05, 2017
Neymar1095:
please i need answers. Man United winning Europa league and Chelsea winning the league which one is better or more prestige.

I think the Premier League is more prestigious.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:36pm On May 05, 2017
chrisley024:
Whoever says Sig's goal is a Gk's error just has another issue with the GK. If saved it's a great save and not expected saves while the Gk can never be blamed for it. DDG has his errors which we know but not try to make him the scape-goat for that goal.

You are missing the most important point. My first post was that he did not even move.
I gave posted a video of saves made by keepers. One thing is common to most of them, the keepers stepped towards the side the wall was covered before the kicks were taken. This is what I expected DDG to do.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 1:38pm On May 05, 2017
Neymar1095:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:48pm On May 05, 2017
dubylhover:

yea,d celta keeper messed up a biggie..I wonder y elamps is attacking ddg

The Celta Vigo keeper was confused by Blind's running across the ball before Rashford struck it, it is still different from DeGea's case.

Look at the Rooney + Van Persie move vs Olympiacos. The keeper was beaten on his side. Rooney ran across and the keeper got confused.

Afrodoc2 and Chrisley024

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:55pm On May 05, 2017
elampiro:

I think the Premier League is more prestigious.
U fuk up. U should ve ignored that guy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:59pm On May 05, 2017
This is the video of RVP freekick. The step over by Rooney confused the keeper, and he was beaten on his side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zx5_BZL-J8
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:59pm On May 05, 2017
Lana1:
U fuk up. U should ve ignored that guy

He is a Chelsea fan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:02pm On May 05, 2017
elampiro:
By

He is a Chelsea fan?
It is a Neymar fan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 2:22pm On May 05, 2017
Lana1:
It is a Neymar fan
You lack chills brother... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:31pm On May 05, 2017
elampiro:

You are missing the most important point. My first post was that he did not even move.
I gave posted a video of saves made by keepers. One thing is common to most of them, the keepers stepped towards the side the wall was covered before the kicks were taken. This is what I expected DDG to do.

DDG might have to improve his positioning during free kicks but let us get something clear the keeper is more at fault when the ball goes in on his own side than when it goes over the wall.
The side of the keeper is mainly his responsibility while the side behind the wall is mainly the wall's responsibility. You can SOMETIMES blame the keeper when the ball goes over the wall but EVERYTIME the ball goes in over the keeper's side you have to blame the keeper (and a decoy run is no excuse for a professional goalie).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:39pm On May 05, 2017
afrodoc2:

DDG might have to improve his positioning during free kicks but let us get something clear the keeper is more at fault when the ball goes in on his own side than when it goes over the wall.
The side of the keeper is mainly his responsibility while the side behind the wall is mainly the wall's responsibility. You can SOMETIMES blame the keeper when the ball goes over the wall but EVERYTIME the ball goes in over the keeper's side you have to blame the keeper (and a decoy run is no excuse for a professional goalie).

If a decor run is no excuse for a professional keeper, then the ball going over the wall is also no was excuse. grin

The wall is to prevent an unhindered shot. When there is a wall, it means the ball will not travel straight into the goal. A professional keeper should at least make a good attempt to stop such a ball being curled around or played over a wall.

Everyone knows the keeper's side is his major responsibility, but the whole goalpost is his responsibility.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:44pm On May 05, 2017
Lest I forget, the wall has no responsibility other than being a wall. A wall is not suppose to move. Even jumping is risky because clever players like Ronaldo sometimes play grounder when the wall jumped. We also have conceded like that in the past.

The wall is to make it hard for the freekick taker and slow the ball a little, it doesn't guarantee or prevent the ball from dropping into the net behind it. This is why the keeper has the whole post as his responsibility.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:00pm On May 05, 2017
elampiro:

The Celta Vigo keeper was confused by Blind's running across the ball before Rashford struck it, it is still different from DeGea's case.

Look at the Rooney + Van Persie move vs Olympiacos. The keeper was beaten on his side. Rooney ran across and the keeper got confused.

Afrodoc2 and Chrisley024
How did Blind confuse the Gk when Blind's direction was same with the ball? grin So the goalie would have easily saved it if he he had followed Blind's movement. One can only claim Rooney confused the goalie since the ball went opposite Rooney's run.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:01pm On May 05, 2017
I don forget say Ashley young sef injure yesterday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:01pm On May 05, 2017
Elampiro leave these guys abeg!

Them no know ball! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:02pm On May 05, 2017
SIRcumalot:
I don forget say Ashley young sef injure yesterday.

Two europa games 4 injuries.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:06pm On May 05, 2017
chrisley024:
How did Blind confuse the Gk when Blind's direction was same with the ball? grin So the goalie would have easily saved it if he he had followed Blind's movement. One can only claim Rooney confused the goalie since the ball went opposite Rooney's run.

You are correct... only if there is plenty of time to think. The two expected takers ran to opposite directions, so there will be confusion of the brain for a split second. Mind you Fellaini was blocking the keeper's view.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:08pm On May 05, 2017
chrisley024:
Two europa games 4 injuries.

And Young is becoming dependable helping to protect a lead on the left. He also helps Valencia to have some rest on the right.

But Smalling and Jones are back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 05, 2017
elampiro:

You are correct... only if there is plenty of time to think. The two expected takers ran to opposite directions, so there will be confusion of the brain for a split second. Mind you Fellaini was blocking the keeper's view.

Oga elamps, e don do... i have no idea why they keep defending ddg but if that's what they want, so be it...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 4:15pm On May 05, 2017
Nawa ooo because rashidi manage to score a free kick..we day hear debate whether keeper confuse or not, u scummies always try find Wetin no lost.
Una too Sabi football pass people way day play the ball sef cheesy grin grin
Naso some of Una day blame ddg cos of d freekick against Swansea,Una to confuse here

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 4:47pm On May 05, 2017
Neymar1095:
Barca winning copa de rey
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:05pm On May 05, 2017
elampiro:

grin
Baba will shall look for a point to nail DdG for a freekick... walahi, we no sabi ball cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 7:12pm On May 05, 2017
elampiro:

Lol

I was a big time insider. At primary school age, I already knew most of what it was about. Na we dey supply those paper to those wey dey sell am give boli people.

According to pool compilers, arsenal vs man utd match is going to finish as a draw. One untested source also gave chelsea vs boro as draw. If chelsea draws that match then i will believe what you have posted in the past about the pool industry.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:25pm On May 05, 2017
Nawao....from Sunday till Friday Una still dey argue keeper move e nor move for freekick. Some of Una need a good time consuming job walai
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by EmmGee: 8:15pm On May 05, 2017
Wall this wall that
Are you trump?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:45pm On May 05, 2017
EmmGee:
Wall this wall that
Are you trump?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:54pm On May 05, 2017
^^^ cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:59pm On May 05, 2017
airmark:

According to pool compilers, arsenal vs man utd match is going to finish as a draw. One untested source also gave chelsea vs boro as draw. If chelsea draws that match then i will believe what you have posted in the past about the pool industry.

Your source is truly untested. Only Saturday matches played at 3pm/4pm are used for pool (coupon). The exception of is boxing day matches which are played on 26th, and not necessarily Saturday. The other exception is when English and Scottish leagues are on break in summer and Australia league is used for that period.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:24pm On May 05, 2017
Hmmm. Spurs don enter

(1) (2) (3) ... (4032) (4033) (4034) (4035) (4036) (4037) (4038) ... (14181) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.