Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8725924 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 5:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
Cristalz:

Answer me this. . .was Fergie the coach on Tuesday night against Leverkusen??
So they conceded within the first minute of the second half, not 'cos of their defensive and every other kinda mistake, but because they can "try that" with Moyes.
Bros, dey reason na. grin

See what you are saying?

Is Leverkusen in the league of city. So we should keep approaching all matches with the same matches and tactics. Pweety, borrow urself brain ie ya ra e ni brain
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
superstar1:

See what you are saying?

Is Leverkusen in the league of city. So we should keep approaching all matches with the same matches and tactics Pweety, borrow urself brain ie ya ra e ni brain

No need for this....

See wetin Aguero don do o... cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
chrisley024: D worst mistake 2day was not startin Cleverly.

And starting dat untalented motherfuvkin young...,Rio,welbeck and ...Valencia shudda been at RB..

In other news ;paulinho just made my wow!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
however when a team concedes 4 goals you have got to look at the defense and those supposed to help out with that.

Rio Ferdinand had a poor day at the office today,was caught ball watching several times,lost his man and didnt pick up late runs into d box.

The full backs were overrun several times. However City were able to overload on our full backs and advance their own full backs forward because carrick and fellaini couldnt compete in midfield and our wide men especially valencia shirked their defensive duties
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
jackbauerspower:
Yes.

Rooney was clearly the best united player today.

cleverley was(even as a sub)
rooney was the worst player on the pitch. he consistently wasted chances that could have brought us back to parity at 1-0. goals change games not headless chicken runs that appeal to the romantics!

it's a dishonour to even compare RVP to rooney. he's miles more intelligent & light years better than wayne. we missed his fear factor today. kompany couldn't have rapëd RVP the way he molested rooney today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
superstar1:
It has everything to do with DM. If they refused to show up in 1st half, I agree could be due to the players lackadaisical attitude. Not showing up in 2nd is the coach's fault. Can they try that with Fergie ? Plzzzz

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone draws a comparison with Fergie.

It seems with every bad game United has now, people are so eager to tell us "if it were Fergie", as if Fergie never had his own moments too. Looking back now, I'm so happy we lost 1 - 6 to this same Man City just 2 seasons ago when Fergie was the manager. If not, everyone here would have been telling us how this kind of result would NEVER have happened under Fergie.

You guys criticizing the manager are just being fickle and unreasonable. We had a bad game, yes. It hurts, definitely. But y'all need to chill the fvck out with the witch-hunts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
chrisley024: D worst mistake 2day was not startin Cleverly.

Carrick and Fellaini are too sluggish. One of them needs to step down for Cleverley.

I've been telling Fellaini lovers on Chelsea thread for some time that they would be surprised at Fellainis sluggishness when they see him in a midfield two.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
superstar1:

See what you are saying?

Is Leverkusen in the league of city. So we should keep approaching all matches with the same matches and tactics. Pweety, borrow urself brain ie ya ra e ni brain

Oga, beg some roadside dollar-selling mallam for a tiny part of his brain.

It's not about Leverkusen, it's about the performance of these same guys under the very same coach against Leverkusen.
But then, you obviously need me to explain that to you, yet in your tiny mind you're feeling an analyst.

According to you, they played this horrendously because Moyes is coach and not Fergie.
The UCL final against Barca where United played like pissants, who was coach? Moyes abi?? Quit trying to act like your brain is all there.
I repeat, there is nothing wrong with a coach deciding to stick with the same side that produced a performance as beautiful as that of Tuesday night.
Smash your computer if you don't like it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
moyes can't be blamed...
he played a very good team but when you have an overpaid striker who thinks the sun must shine in his arsë, then you have to expect pathetic results such as this.....

city took their chances, we didn't take ours. they scored, we couldn't match their scoring prowess. final result 4-1. if we had RVP, we could be talking about 3-2 to united or 4-3 to united.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
coogar:

cleverley was(even as a sub)
rooney was the worst player on the pitch. he consistently wasted chances that could have brought us back to parity at 1-0. goals change games not headless chicken runs that appeal to the romantics!

it's a dishonour to even compare RVP to rooney. he's miles more intelligent & better. we missed his fear factor today. kompany couldn't have rapëd RVP the way he molested rooney today.

How can you say that?

Rooney was supposed to be playing behind wastepipe Welbeck who made no intelligent runs and misplaced every single pass.

Wastepipe young kept running in Toure, and Valencia was pocketed by Kolarov.

Fellaini looked confused and The entire Defense was asleep.

Even De Gea was partly culpable for Aguero's second.

Cleverly came on to join Anonymous United, and only Rooney looked like he knew what he was doing.

Dont be blinded by hate fam. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ibime:

Carrick and Fellaini are too sluggish. One of them needs to step down for Cleverley.

I've been telling Fellaini lovers on Chelsea thread for some time that they would be surprised at Fellainis sluggishness when they see him in a midfield two.

oh boy see as fellaini they jog like say he get belle. no urgency to move forward with the ball,no urgency to track runners defensively,no urgency close down his man. his turning arc is as wide as an olympic athletic track
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
Meanwhile, I hope folks here can now see what Cleverley brings to the table for United. Because he's neither flambouyant nor physical, his work in that midfield usually goes largely unnoticed. It's no coincidence that he's got the highest win percentage of any midfielder in premier league history.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dare2think: 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
Suddenly, Chelsea's woes seem so little now.

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
Purist:

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone draws a comparison with Fergie.

It seems with every bad game United has now, people are so eager to tell us "if it were Fergie", as if Fergie never had his own moments too. Looking back now, I'm so happy we lost 1 - 6 to this same Man City just 2 seasons ago when Fergie was the manager. If not, everyone here would have been telling us how this kind of result would NEVER have happened under Fergie.

You guys criticizing the manager are just being fickle and unreasonable. We had a bad game, yes. It hurts, definitely. But y'all need to chill the Bleep out with the witch-hunts.
Fergie had his bad day and he was heavily criticized for it.

Losing a game is no big deal, is the manner of losing it. Not responding in 2nd half is catastrophic. City got away with the 1-6 score line because the torrential goals came in 2nd half and we went one man down
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
Coogar and RuuDie,
Do you still believe in Gollum?
And how's the Fellaini signing coming on?
I still insist he is NOT what we need. But I'm in the minority in that one.
Dude was eaten alive by Yaya Toure
Now we've lost twice to opposition we could term title rivals and already looking like ALSO-RANS.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
coogar:

that's because you are a tool....
if you cannot see rooney cost us this game then fall from a high rise & die.

rooney has constantly wasted all our routes into a goal. even his 3 yard passes were missed and you are here dragging your father's name in the mud!

if rooney cüms in a cup, you would drink it with a straw.
abegiiii.. Rooney was the best united player on that pitch today.. What's it with your hatred for the lad..
Why haven't you single out the useless Young and brainless Welbeck who could not make a complete pass throughout the game..
Its an overall weak performance from united.. Datz all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
Danny welbeck is simply not good enof to be playing for a club as massive as UTD! Young appears to be a horrible mistake by fergie!! We hav played 3 big games this season And d truth is dt we hav been clueless in dos 3 games!
No music here tonight?

Someone please help look for dayokanu ooooo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
Purist: Meanwhile, I hope folks here can now see what Cleverley brings to the table for United. Because he's neither flambouyant nor physical, his work in that midfield usually goes largely unnoticed.

yaya toure couldn't get near cleverley as soon as he came on. our possession stats went up but it was too late by then. city had already done the damage.

jackbauerspower:
How can you say that?
Rooney was supposed to be playing behind wastepipe Welbeck who made no intelligent runs and misplaced every single pass.

Wastepipe young kept running in Toure, and Valencia was pocketed by Kolarov.

Fellaini looked confused and The entire Defense was asleep.

Even De Gea was partly culpable for Aguero's second.

Cleverly came on to join Anonymous United, and only Rooney looked like he knew what he was doing.

Dont be blinded by hate fam. cheesy

how many through passes did rooney give welbeck in the game? even when they swapped positions, rooney was still pure wänk. kompany got the MOTM and it's because of his head to head battle with rooney. there's nothing else to say. if i earn £250k/week and get dominated by kompany, i would ask for wage reduction.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
Cristalz:

Oga, beg some roadside dollar-selling mallam for a tiny part of his brain.

It's not about Leverkusen, it's about the performance of these same guys under the very same coach against Leverkusen.
But then, you obviously need me to explain that to you, yet in your tiny mind you're feeling an analyst.

According to you, they played this horrendously because Moyes is coach and not Fergie.
The UCL final against Barca where United played like pissants, who was coach? Moyes abi?? Quit trying to act like your brain is all there.
I repeat, there is nothing wrong with a coach deciding to stick with the same side that produced a performance as beautiful as that of Tuesday night.
Smash your computer if you don't like it.

Calm your retardeen brain down.

Losing a game is no big deal. Deciding to play Rio in 3 straight games is a major mistake. Even if he played any team he wants, did u see any response in second half to suggest anything happened in the dressing room. They were not fired up for the second one bit. Is that the fault of the players too. Plzzzzz.

The players deserve their own part of the blame but I won't close my eyes to DM fault in anyway
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ibime:

Last 2 goals conceded were due to his sluggishness to track player he was supposed to mark.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
afrodoc:

oh boy see as fellaini they jog like say he get belle. no urgency to move forward with the ball,no urgency to track runners defensively,no urgency close down his man. his turning arc is as wide as an olympic athletic track

Go tell this one to that guy called Andre Uweh on Chelsea thread who thinks Fellaini is the answer to all Chelseas midfield problems. The dude has no juice in his legs. Smaller players dance around him all the time. He's just been masking all this by playing behind the striker at Everton
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
Purist: Meanwhile, I hope folks here can now see what Cleverley brings to the table for United. Because he's neither flambouyant nor physical, his work in that midfield usually goes largely unnoticed. It's no coincidence that he's got the highest win percentage of any midfielder in premier league history.
abegi!! Fellaini had a poor game today. Period! Una don start wit dis percentage win stuff again! Cleverley no sabi play ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
Let the meltdown begin....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 6:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
If Fellaini plays beautifully tomorrow, same people criticizing him now will also turn around and say "very good buy".
One piss-poor game is not sufficient to judge a player's abilities or lack of 'em.

Moyes did nothing wrong with his selection today.
Wish people would just see that the boys simply stayed asleep till somewhere around the 80th minute.

Any sub Moyes made today woulda been ineffective 'cos the entire team did not show up at all for the most part. One or two men cannot do the work that eleven are supposed to do.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
coogar:

scoring goals isn't the biggie - it's scoring it when it's most needed. so your team concedes 10 goals then you manage to score hatrick at the death - it means you have bailed yourself out?

We dey inure am when Nando stay useless on the pitch, we defend tight and manage to eke out a win - We must be the best team in the world really.

Abegi Efi Rooney Sile cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
I'm laughing hard.
The Capital One cup is around the corner. We can concentrate on that. forget the league. Arsenal and Spurs look the part.
Shame on anybody who praised Fellaini. Dude is just mediocre.
Same as Ashley Young.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
I'm pretty sure the peeps who dismissed Cleverley in favor of Fellaini are eating their words.
Not wanting to call names but you know yourselves, if Gollum is wise he will give TC more playing time.
I repeat, Fellaini is not a United caliber player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
Äss whopping of epic proportions! grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
I hope Moyes learns from this and takes some drastic decisions.

Its obvious we are not as strong as we think we are.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 6:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
Out of possible 9points against top teams, we only have 1.

This is definitely due to players alone.plzz I beg to differ
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
chrisley024:

Last 2 goals conceded were due to his sluggishness to track player he was supposed to mark.

This..Alot of people said he way the type of player we needed for this sort of games..
Now i know why most are better off playing Football manager.

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.