Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8726281 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
David Moyes post match interview:
"We didn't play well enough to win the game. Manchester City played well and deserved the victory.

"If you lose four you are not expecting to win too many. We conceded poor goals. We needed to get closer in the second but they get away and score more goals.

"We never got a grip of the game and we could never really stop them. We hope to stem that tide in the second half. We got better as the game went on but it was too late.

"I thought Wayne Rooney's performance was outstanding. He didn't' deserve to be on the losing side today. He was first class.

"The start to the season could be a lot better. We did say it could be difficult start. I wasn't convinced when the balls came out of the Premier League bag and I'm still not convinced."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 7:15pm On Sep 22, 2013
dayokanu:

Alashe laiye Alashe Lorun

Baba baba baba ku ishe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go-Qdk1lHZo

Baba, I dey feel your swagger die tonight! Make I dance small to this KSA for this thread joor

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nobody should ever come here again and say Rooney is UTD's "main man" because he isn't --- RvP is it! The moment that team sheet came out, heads dropped!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
Emperoh: ,

Given, RVP is our biggest striker, bar Rooney!
But are we saying that without him, we can't hurt teams?

We have a certain Hernandez? A certain Kagawa who is a flair and sleek baller, A certain Nani who has got trickery and can unlock defences
Abeg, we are no one man team! I blame Moyes for not responding to the circumstances.

Let's even look at it this way. Fergie would have rotated teams and seen this game as priority, jigging up these players.
But i am not sure that has happened here!
Which is where Gollum is looking like a Muppet.
He has not shown enough courage or whatever to rotate the squad.
Even if RVP was missing, was Welbeck the answer?
I think Gollum is still with thus mediocre Everton mindset where he had limited options to choose from and as such cannot get his straw head around the reality that he has more options.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
RuuDie: Nobody should ever come here again and say Rooney is UTD's "main man" because he isn't --- RvP is it! The moment that team sheet came out, heads dropped!
Leave story.
Are you still backing Gillum and his mediocres for the title?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 22, 2013
@ sailorXY,derz no disputing d fact dt valencia neglected his defensive duties 2day atimes, bt believe me, smalling appears too rigid to play at RB IMO!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
Viewing this topic: chamotex(m), chrisley024, mba emeka(m), Effiko
(m), sir.law(m), elampiro(m), Pataki, dademola(m), El Guapo(m), elrony
(m), meracool(m), montelik(m), Emperoh(m), SailorXY, RuuDie(m), jay
bee(m), Pharoh, superstar1(m), StarBoard, afrodoc(m), dayokanu(m),
Kayyy
grin grin grin some gaddamn vultures
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
What I absolutely hate most in a game of football is grown-a$$ men, players who claim to "big", losing hope, letting their heads drop when they can still effect a change in their teams fortunes.

For heaven's sakes, we were 4-0 down with 30mins left on the clock --- what stops us from putting in sufficient effort for a fightback --- and then that b@st@rd goes and misses a sitter that may could potentially lift the spirit of the players and fans! angry

Anyways, I won't despair any further...afterall, its David Moyes and squad of "mediocres" --- nobody gave a chance anyway! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
Emperoh: ,

Given, RVP is our biggest striker, bar Rooney!
But are we saying that without him, we can't hurt teams?

We have a certain Hernandez? A certain Kagawa who is a flair and sleek baller, A certain Nani who has got trickery and can unlock defences
Abeg, we are no one man team! I blame Moyes for not responding to the circumstances.

Let's even look at it this way. Fergie would have rotated teams and seen this game as priority, jigging up these players.
But i am not sure that has happened here!

Had this fixture came in November, the coach would have had it much easier picking his starting line up. Today, the coach decided to stick to the guys who have been doing the job for him this season. Perhaps, Nani and Kagawa could have help in retaining the ball. But they too weren't looking very superb in the last outings. Had the score been slim, the changes would surely have been different. We could have seen Chicharito planted in the box for a late rally for goals.

But Young may have just lost his place in the starting line up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by abes(m): 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
StarBoard:
Leave story.
Are you still backing Gillum and his mediocres for the title?

Yes, anyday...anytime!

The key to winning the league lies in getting the points at the Cardiffs, Stokes, Hulls, Evertons, S'tons, Villas etc. Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs can beat us all they want...but as long as they go to those other clubs and drop points and we don't, we'll be fine as always!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
Even if RVP had played today, I dare say united would still have lost this game, the team selection was flawed especially if you aim to score and threaten the opponent from the wings, because the middle which had fellani and carrick lacked creativity, I wonder why Moyes is keeping Kagawa on the bench, the wingers had nothing to feed on going forward as fellani was fond of slowing the pace of attack whenever united had possession going forward. both wingers had a very poor game and did not help defensively..

The first goal was pure lack of concentration from Valencia, smalling was overloaded with Nasir and kolarov on the right, despite tracking back Valencia did not stick to his man when led to the cross.

And yet again fellani and carrick were bullied off the ball by yaya and fernandinho, fellani struggled to keep up with the pace of the game there by leaving holes in the middle for city to exploit.

If united aim to get anything out of the wings, Kagawa or cleverly had to start, the middle was soooo stagnant today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
Cristalz:

But the question remains, was Rio the only one to blame for today's performance?
That's just my grouse. Why are people picking on individual players when the collective performance was a total waste?

It's not like the backline was doing so well but Rio kept exposing everyone. What about Vida, Evra, De Gea, Smalling??
yeah u r right, bt d coach shud be ready to take responsibity for his actions; especially as regarding his team selection. D whole back team played badly today, like i sed earlier.... Considering rio's well documented back problem, it wnt be outta place for anybody to question d coach for playing him 3 times in 7days(he even played for 90mins in d 2 matches b4 today)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
SailorXY: Viewing this topic: chamotex(m), chrisley024, mba emeka(m), Effiko
(m), sir.law(m), elampiro(m), Pataki, dademola(m), El Guapo(m), elrony
(m), meracool(m), montelik(m), Emperoh(m), SailorXY, RuuDie(m), jay
bee(m), Pharoh, superstar1(m), StarBoard, afrodoc(m), dayokanu(m),
Kayyy
grin grin grin some gaddamn vultures

They're out of their holes. They won yestaday na.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
Someone please take the shackles off Fellaini...he wasn't brought in to "clone" Carrick!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
dayokanu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K6B6Q3xkDQ

Dayo, you get skelewu?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 7:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
RuuDie: What I absolutely hate most in a game of football is grown-a$$ men, players who claim to "big", losing hope, letting their heads drop when they can still effect a change in their teams fortunes.

For heaven's sakes, we were 4-0 down with 30mins left on the clock --- what stops us from putting in sufficient effort for a fightback --- and then that b@st@rd goes and misses a sitter that may could potentially lift the spirit of the players and fans! angry

Anyways, I won't despair any further...afterall, its David Moyes and squad of "mediocres" --- nobody gave a chance anyway! grin

Spot the difference!!
Two coaches! One achieved something with a team of average players.
Another is starting off with same team, showing signs that he can't motivate a team. . . . bingo. . . . 1 point from a possible 9!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
Roland17: Even if RVP had played today, I dare say united would still have lost this game, the team selection was flawed especially if you aim to score and threaten the opponent from the wings, because the middle which had fellani and carrick lacked creativity, I wonder why Moyes is keeping Kagawa on the bench, the wingers had nothing to feed on going forward as fellani was fond of slowing the pace of attack whenever united had possession going forward. both wingers had a very poor game and did not help defensively..

The first goal was pure lack of concentration from Valencia, smalling was overloaded with Nasir and kolarov on the right, despite tracking back Valencia did not stick to his man when led to the cross.

And yet again fellani and carrick were bullied off the ball by yaya and fernandinho, fellani struggled to keep up with the pace of the game there by leaving holes in the middle for city to exploit.

If united aim to get anything out of the wings, Kagawa or cleverly had to start, the middle was soooo stagnant today.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the team selection... there was just no energy, no drive.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
RuuDie:

Yes, anyday...anytime!

The key to winning the league lies in getting the points at the Cardiffs, Stokes, Hulls, Evertons, S'tons, Villas etc. Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs can beat us all they want...but as long as they go to those other clubs and drop points and we don't, we'll be fine as always!

Winning big games lifts team spirit. Points lost cannot be recovered.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
El Guapo:

Baba tuale - Yo stable doesnt disappoint grin

Ehmm, for the benefit of those who're not used to epic dancehall steps, Coogar is around to show you how its done cheesy

DJ we need something from Fela-Kuti, Webb didnt succeed today as an International thief thief grin

you are right bro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
Emperoh:

Spot the difference!!
Two coaches! One achieved something with a team of average players.
Another is starting off with same team, showing signs that he can't motivate a team. . . . bingo. . . . 1 point from a possible 9!!

Are you talking about a certain coach who had about 20yrs experience to bank on!!? Guy ti' be!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 7:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
RuuDie:

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the team selection... there was just no energy, no drive.

Bro give that excuse to the birds, what silly drive and energy are you talking about.... Even if the drive and energy was there united would have been beaten hands down by this city side.. So much went wrong for united today, energy and drive might be one but definitely not the main reason, does not even come close.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
chrisley024:

Winning big games lifts team spirit. Points lost cannot be recovered.

Yes, it does...but if City lose to Cardiff, Norwich and Swansea; and we beat Cardiff, Norwich and Swansea... does losing to City matter anymore!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
elampiro:

Had this fixture came in November, the coach would have had it much easier picking his starting line up. Today, the coach decided to stick to the guys who have been doing the job for him this season. Perhaps, Nani and Kagawa could have help in retaining the ball. But they too weren't looking very superb in the last outings. Had the score been slim, the changes would surely have been different. We could have seen Chicharito planted in the box for a late rally for goals.

But Young may have just lost his place in the starting line up.

Selection is one of the problems!
It is a no brainer today's game saw a team without motivation, hunger, drive, determination
Nothing to suggest the Man Utd come back DNA!
I didn't see it!

What happened to that? Did it go with Fergie?

and for those slating Giggs, we can now see why he gets on the starting line-up!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 7:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
RuuDie:

Yes, it does...but if City lose to Cardiff, Norwich and Swansea; and we beat Cardiff, Norwich and Swansea... does losing to City matter anymore!?

Certainly it does. . . . . cos this is a Derby!!
Bragging rights mate! 1 nil won't pain me. But 4-1, or 1-6 like Fergie once lost?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
superstar1:

Indeed you a confirmed first class retardeen.
How many world class coach repeats the same team for 2matches in modern day. Rotation is the name idiot.

Yes fergie lost games but fergie team was renowned for being come back kings and always snatching victory from the jaws of lions, that is a coach that fires up is team in 2nd half even in the face of below average performance in 1st. If it is not every single time the word of coaches motivates team, victory will not be embedded in the DNA of MUFC.

Your idiocy is world class, when the best you can do is to exonerate the Coach.
No Futbol analyst will spare DM on this. He took him how many hours to realise he needed a 3man CM.

I am his fan and I do support him but that doesn't mean I should not point out his errors when he errs

And you're as smart as the love-child borne of a half-wit ninny and an air-headed dork. I stand in reverent awe. grin
Since when has it become a crime for a coach to use the same team that had recently won a UCL game in grand style??
If United had won today I am absolutely positive this balderdash won't spew from your yap hole.

Victory is embedded in the DNA of United. . .how does that explain our shameful crashing outta the UCL under Fergie last season??
Had United been winning every single silverware available to be won in every single season under Fergie?
My point, numbskull, is that it is not every single time a coach's words spur a team on to victory. Even Fergie knows that. It's a simple fact advanced dopes like you cannot comprehend.
You say "Yes, Fergie lost games", and then you turn right around to contradict yourself by saying "fergie team was renowned for being come back kings and always snatching victory from the jaws of lions". Nor be only lions, na dinosaurs.
If Fergie's team always snatched victory, how come Fergie also lost games? Can you now see your extreme dumbness exposed to the world??

If Moyes was at fault, I would not hesitate to say so. But tonight, I will not blame Moyes for the failure of a classy team to come out on the pitch and do the basic things they get paid to do, from simple marking to simple tracking back to simple accurate passes.
That's football 101.
If you are proud to say your team needs a motivational speech to do those basic things, then you aren't even worth my time.

You are obviously emotional about today's loss (grab a Kleenex, k?)and using past performances to judge Moyes today.
But take it from someone more level-headed than you currently are. . .Moyes didn't get his selection wrong.
Read me right: It is possible to win City with today's line up; the guys just refused to give it a decent shot. Hang yourself if it burns.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
4 - 1 to see City disgracing United in this manner, makes me super happy. grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
Emperoh:

Certainly it does. . . . . cos this is a Derby!!
Bragging rights mate! 1 nil won't pain me. But 4-1, or 1-6 like Fergie once lost?

Very funny... for me, I don't care about fifth week of the season bragging rights!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2013
Roland17:

Bro give that excuse to the birds, what silly drive and energy are you talking about.... Even if the drive and energy was there united would have been beaten hands down by this city side.. So much went wrong for united today, energy and drive might be one but definitely not the main reason, does not even come close.

Nothing wrong with Moyes' selection jor... minus RvP and Shinji, wasn't this almost the same the side that played Leverkusen!? Why didn't you criticize them then?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
If we can go on a winning streak it will really help us.

It think it was in 2007/8 season, Man United were on 18th position after 5 matches. Then we went on a winning streak and by Nw year we were on top. Now we have gotten Chelsea, Liverpool and City behind us. If we can get two wins, then the confidence would have returned.

The coach should keep Rooney, Carrick and RVP away from Carling cup. We should always put both strikers in the face of our opponents in premier league matches. Then if we can get Kagawa and Nani to fine form, we will be deadly such that by time we start playing the reverse fixtures the story would have changed. Fellaini would also have settled. Jones and Evans will return soon and the coach should take a decision on Ferdinand. Lastly, Rafael will be back soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 7:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
RuuDie:

Nothing wrong with Moyes' selection jor... minus RvP and Shinji, wasn't this almost the same the side that played Leverkusen!? Why didn't you criticize them then?

My wahala is not selection.
Being able to instill drive into this team is my issue
We just didn't come to the table. . . . .can Rooney share his fighting spirit with others?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
RuuDie:

danny welbck shudnt be putting on a man utd shirt!! Rvp's absence even makes it worse

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Afz9095(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.