Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8707318 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4357) (4358) (4359) (4360) (4361) (4362) (4363) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
Digriz:
Talking about Fellaini,to be honest,I was one of his greatest critics but he has started impressing me a lot. I just hope he keep on improving.
Fellaini isn't that bad though. Recently, he's been OK.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 8:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
One can only sit and wonder,mourinho in his 2nd season always wins the league title from Porto,Chelsea,inter Madrid and Chelsea again..
Tho its still early days but it seems he has truly identified the weak spots of the team and has asked for reinforcements.
Most united fans were really skeptical about the signing of matic and lukaku,but tho its still Early days,we have seen signs to make us believe again..
After watching the new signings yest day,I'm of the opinion that if mou wants perisic,we should get him no matter the cost..cos clearly mou is more knowledgeable about the players and their abilities...he asked for 4 signings,he should b given all...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
Digriz:
You are right since we hv many matches to play this season but Mou has the habit of playing any player he acquired consistently even if the player under performs.
Marital is a good player that I love but I don't know why Mou wl prefer lingard to him,may be bcus he doesn't track back to help the defence,I may be wrong though, but my thought.
Perisic,may find it hard to adapt this season and Mourinho will never drop him for Martial which will cost us to drop some points if he gets him.
Look at Jones performance on Sunday,the guy is good just that he plays with his heart and not with his head there by getting unnecessary injuries. Lindholf is never a match to Jones bt don't be surprise to see him benching Jones.

Jones has always been an injury waiting to happen. Each season, he usually cops an injury that keeps him out of action for a prolonged period. He and Smalling were missing through injury for a lengthy spell towards the end of last season and Mourinho had to criticize them into getting back to action. It was hard on Bailly. He played a lot of games in a short time and when he got injured in the last game, Mou refused to sub him off. He probably got Lindelof in case there's another injury crisis in defense. With Rojo back we'll be okay if Jones and Smalling decide to injure themselves again.

Hopefully, Mourinho has learnt, from last season, that he needs a squad, not a starting XI to succeed. We played a lot of matches last season in short intervals and this season the number of games probably won't reduce. Mourinho needs to rotate his squad, carry everyone along, not just 11 players.

I sincerely hope he gives McTomminay a chance to shine in League cup games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 10:26pm On Aug 14, 2017
Leyqute:
With Rojo back we'll be okay if Jones and Smalling decide to injure themselves again.
I sincerely hope he gives McTomminay a chance to shine in League cup games.

The bolded got me rolling on the floor. Like seriously its like Jones always plan to play few games with a predetermined date to press the injury button. Same for Shaw, that one has been earning salary on walking stick and wheel chair . grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
dubylhover:

After watching the new signings yest day,I'm of the opinion that if mou wants perisic,we should get him no matter the cost..cos clearly mou is more knowledgeable about the players and their abilities...he asked for 4 signings,he should b given all...

Honestly i dont think we need perisic and i am sure he is not a top priority on Mourhino's list. If not we would have bought him before the 3 new signings. All Inter wanted was £48million and we offered around £39million.

What i think the team needs right now is one player in either RB or LB, and an experienced supporting striker or a number 10 who can serve as the utility player in attack . Someone who can slot in to RW,LW,AM,SS. I mean someone in the mold of Griezzman or Alexis Sanchez.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
Tvegas:

Honestly i dont think we need perisic and i am sure he is not a top priority on Mourhino's list. If not we would have bought him before the 3 new signings. All Inter wanted was £48million and we offered around £39million.

What i think the team needs right now is one player in either RB or LB, and an experienced supporting striker or a number 10 who can serve as the utility player in attack . Someone who can slot in to RW,LW,AM,SS. I mean someone in the mold of Griezzman or Alexis Sanchez.
Will u shut ur mouth there, see mouth like Sanchez
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
Tvegas:

well I don't put much thoughts into the priority list of transfers,cos after all we heard morata was d top choice and dier was also d top choice,but so far we have seen that the backup choices are really good...

perisic offers a different kind of dimension to our game,martial likes to cut inside while perisic often hugs d touchline tho occasionally he can cut inside..and if you listen to mou about his comments on magic,he always emphasizes consistency which martial doesn't give,and I'm sure perisic would likely give...

just look at it this way,mou already has a plan in his mind,when lukaku and matic names came up,most fans were not pleased just like the way most fans arnt fussed about perisic,but you could c how his transfers are doing...I honestly believe that if mou desperately needs perisic,then he must have a way of using him which the fans can't see for now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 12:07am On Aug 15, 2017
kokaneprodigy:

Will u shut ur mouth there, see mouth like Sanchez

I think you lack home training if not you wont be that rude. Or is your username sanchez? Awon omo komo. Mtschweeew.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:45am On Aug 15, 2017
Tvegas:

I think you lack home training if not you wont be that rude. Or is your username sanchez? Awon omo komo. Mtschweeew.
if only u can take ur life half as serious as u take my posts u'll succeed in life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 15, 2017
kokaneprodigy:
if only u can take ur life half as serious as u take my posts u'll succeed in life.
Jesus christ onye obowo.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:29am On Aug 15, 2017
So none of you reprobates is going to apologise to elampiro now that paulinho has found his way to Barca?

AdisaOwala I'm looking at you. angry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:26am On Aug 15, 2017
Nihilist:
So none of you reprobates is going to apologise to elampiro now that paulinho has found his way to Barca?

AdisaOwala I'm looking at you. angry

I do not think i was for or against Paulinho however you have to remember that when it comes to buying players especially non-superstars Barca has a history of gbaing penalty lo si throw in.So let us see how he does at Barca first before judging.

They bought Andre Gomes, Hleb, Santi Ezquerro, Chygrynski, Paco Alcacer, Mathieu, Alex Vidal, Thomas Vermaelen, Keirrision, Gerard Lopez, Milito, Cristanval, Geovanni et al so they are not infallible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:13am On Aug 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

I do not think i was for or against Paulinho however you have to remember that when it comes to buying players especially non-superstars Barca has a history of gbaing penalty lo si throw in.So let us see how he does at Barca first before judging.

They bought Andre Gomes, Hleb, Santi Ezquerro, Chygrynski, Paco Alcacer, Mathieu, Alex Vidal, Thomas Vermaelen, Keirrision, Gerard Lopez, Milito, Cristanval, Geovanni et al so they are not infallible.

You didn't mention Song. Alex Song.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 11:41am On Aug 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

Sometimes i dont know what they smoke at Barca. Their scouts are awful.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:57am On Aug 15, 2017
joeace2020:

Sometimes i dont know what they smoke at Barca. Their scouts are awful.

Let them come and take Jones off our hands abeg. 50m. We will sell with gladness
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2017
Leyqute:

Let them come and take Jones off our hands abeg. 50m. We will sell with gladness

Imagine Vermaleen that can't polish Jones' shoe.. Infact dey should come and take jones for 150m minus add ons
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

Barca are suffering against Madrid due to their bad signings and it doesn't look like they've learnt. Those you listed are players that have coat them a shed load of money but they've relied on msn to bail them out time and time again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2017
This match still gives me nightmares angry

Look at all those crosses!!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
Can Rooney still make it??

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lana1:

Nah. He needs to score 20 goals a season for THREE seasons, not happening.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Whiteshades(m): 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lana1:
Still possible but difficult, he has only about 3-4 years maximum in his career, so he needs about 15 goals per season to do it. If he had been on form and consistent in the last few years, he'd have surpassed it by now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrBleach: 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lana1:

Nah Rooney should be content with that number if he can score 220 he should be happy with that, Alan shearer played in an era where Players smoked Cigarettes and washed down steak with beer every sunday...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lana1:

Lmao!

This was the match that broke the camel's back with regards to Moyes. There was an interview in which Ferdinand described the match, he said the players were petrified of Moyes tactics during the match as he instructed them to keep stretching the game and wiping crosses.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sndeepkumar: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2017
Visit https://horizonzerodawnpc.online/ to check the best game for your smartphones.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordmaniac(m): 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2017
olabode89:

Lmao!

This was the match that broke the camel's back with regards to Moyes. There was an interview in which Ferdinand described the match, he said the players were petrified of Moyes tactics during the match as he instructed them to keep stretching the game and wiping crosses.

Moyes was simply afraid of the throne.....he never accepted his fate and probably sometimes forgets he was once the boss at united!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Moyes was simply afraid of the throne.....he never accepted his fate and probably sometimes forgets he was once the boss at united!

Don't let Ruudie hear you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordmaniac(m): 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

Don't let Ruudie hear you.

Ruddies loyalty is amazing to say the least....but I'm sure he has recanted by now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2017
Speaking of Ruudie, where dat guy dey sef?? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
Whiteshades:

Still possible but difficult, he has only about 3-4 years maximum in his career, so he needs about 15 goals per season to do it. If he had been on form and consistent in the last few years, he'd have surpassed it by now.

afrodoc2:

Nah. He needs to score 20 goals a season for THREE seasons, not happening.
Its a shame tho. Looking at Rooney of old, and considering he was once compared to Zlatan, C.Ro and Messi, he really should be smashing about 300 goals.
If only he had stepped up like 2 yrs b4 SAF retired till now, he could ve gotten about
260 already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2017
olabode89:

Lmao!

*sigh*
Honestly, the less said about Moyes the better.

Can never forget that 3-0 home loss to City only for Gollum to come out and say he hoped United would emulate City and how they play. It was at that moment i gave up.

And some lunatics here still had the balls to compare Moyes' time to Mourinho's 1st season with us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrBleach: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lana1:

That was the best match we have ever played in our history...Absolutely beautiful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4357) (4358) (4359) (4360) (4361) (4362) (4363) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.