Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,039 members, 7,863,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:31 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8873841 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4441) (4442) (4443) (4444) (4445) (4446) (4447) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrBleach: 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
Why are you exposing yourself.^^^
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrBleach: 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ivan Perisisc signed a new 5 year deal, well that's a door closed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
http://www.goal.com/en/news/premier-league-shoots-itself-in-the-foot-with-transfer/8b28w1tdnpnh1sdjo3aqnarn2

I never supported this decision since EPL teams can still sell but can't buy. In this era where some deals take up to 2 months and even more to finalise, EPL teams will lose out for sure. This decision is stupid UNLESS ALL THE EUROPEAN LEAGUES WILL JOIN THE MOVEMENT.

And like the write pointed out, if an EPL team are chasing a player who's a hot property for instance alongside other teams from other leagues, when the TW closes for EPL, it makes it more easier for other leagues' teams to swoop in and buy the player. It most importantly costs EPL teams the opportunity to get that player. This decision will come around to bite them on the azz.

Raumdeuter, this is another angle you'd see this dumb decision from. It might SEEM to provide a level playing ground for EPL teams, but it won't with other leagues. What do you think?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2017
"Obviously when the decision is not uniform around Europe, we are opening an element of disadvantage for the English clubs! That was the reason why Manchester United voted against it, because there is an element of disadvantage.

There will be a moment where the market is closed for us but it is open for the others. Obviously they can come to the English clubs, they can buy players and they can leave English clubs without the possibility of a quick action, of a quick response, so it’s another element of weakness. I hope, I expect, my club to be strong enough and powerful enough that when the market closes for us, we can also close our doors and say ‘it doesn’t matter what the offer is we’ve closed the market to buy and to sell’.I expect my club to be acting that way so we are going to reduce that element of weakness, but there are other English clubs that will be at risk.

My thoughts are from the coach’s point of view – Jose Mourinho as the head coach of Manchester United I want travel with my players in pre-season, I don’t want to be waiting for late decisions when the championship has started already. That’s the perspective of the coach, but there is another perspective, and the other perspective where I can also include myself because I am more than just the head coach, I have also to share the problems that the board have."

Jose mourinho!...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2017
hardeycute:
Good

Looking at the plethora of talents outside England do you think Rashford has got a chance? Also taking into cognisance of how British players have failed to live up to the hype
Bro...if Rashford can leave inconsistency and turn in a beast like Ronaldo in 2007/08 ...I guess he'll be there undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2017
kelvinze:

Bro...if Rashford can leave inconsistency and turn in a beast like Ronaldo in 2007/08 ...I guess he'll be there undecided
What kind of beast Sir? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
funlord:
"Obviously when the decision is not uniform around Europe, we are opening an element of disadvantage for the English clubs! That was the reason why Manchester United voted against it, because there is an element of disadvantage.

There will be a moment where the market is closed for us but it is open for the others. Obviously they can come to the English clubs, they can buy players and they can leave English clubs without the possibility of a quick action, of a quick response, so it’s another element of weakness. I hope, I expect, my club to be strong enough and powerful enough that when the market closes for us, we can also close our doors and say ‘it doesn’t matter what the offer is we’ve closed the market to buy and to sell’.I expect my club to be acting that way so we are going to reduce that element of weakness, but there are other English clubs that will be at risk.

My thoughts are from the coach’s point of view – Jose Mourinho as the head coach of Manchester United I want travel with my players in pre-season, I don’t want to be waiting for late decisions when the championship has started already. That’s the perspective of the coach, but there is another perspective, and the other perspective where I can also include myself because I am more than just the head coach, I have also to share the problems that the board have."

Jose mourinho!...

Deals only take months because clubs drag their feet. Deals can be completed in 24hrs from point of putting in a 1st bid to player completing their medical. This will allows clubs to get on with it so that when the season kicks off, that is the team that will play till the January window. There is no need for clubs to be waiting till the last day. Germany apparently have agreed to the same thing and others might follow. Even if they don't, one week isn't a huge disadvantage. Clubs need to learn to be slicker with their business.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
funlord:

Jose mourinho!...
I agree to dis ...as a club like Manchester united ....you cnt be chasing players for months only to sign them on d last day of the window....I think dis will enable Ed. Woodward to speed up his signings on time ...this new system is directed to pple like him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
Skimpledawg:

What kind of beast Sir? undecided
Dahs an indirect way of saying world best player
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
sinizia:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/premier-league-shoots-itself-in-the-foot-with-transfer/8b28w1tdnpnh1sdjo3aqnarn2

I never supported this decision since EPL teams can still sell but can't buy. In this era where some deals take up to 2 months and even more to finalise, EPL teams will lose out for sure. This decision is stupid UNLESS ALL THE EUROPEAN LEAGUES WILL JOIN THE MOVEMENT.

And like the write pointed out, if an EPL team are chasing a player who's a hot property for instance alongside other teams from other leagues, when the TW closes for EPL, it makes it more easier for other leagues' teams to swoop in and buy the player. It most importantly costs EPL teams the opportunity to get that player. This decision will come around to bite them on the azz.

Ramdeuter, this is another angle you'd see this dumb decision from. It might SEEM to provide a level playing ground for EPL teams, but it won't with other leagues. What do you think?

Then the club should not sell and stand firm, We have seen this season where some players were chased for the entire transfer window and they didnt move one bit

Sanchez Coutinho, Van Dyke, Mahrez

Decide on your target early, close the deal early and shut your door.

You had 6months before the transfer window to spot targets, you had the time to negotiate why scrambling at late hours. Its like students who were not writing anything for most of the 3hrs exam when its time to submit they now start scribbling like they need an extra 3hrs

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2017
sinizia:

Ramdeuter, this is another angle you'd see this dumb decision from. It might SEEM to provide a level playing ground for EPL teams, but it won't with other leagues. What do you think?

Then the club should not sell and stand firm, We have seen this season where some players were chased for the entire transfer window and they didnt move one bit

You had 6months before the transfer window to spot targets, you had the time to negotiate why scrambling at late hours. Its like students who were not writing anything for most of the 3hrs exam when its time to submit they now start scribbling like they need an extra 3hrs

Mourinho quote below

I hope, I expect, my club to be strong enough and powerful enough that when the market closes for us, we can also close our doors and say ‘it doesn’t matter what the offer is we’ve closed the market to buy and to sell’.I expect my club to be acting that way so we are going to reduce that element of weakness
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 7:07pm On Sep 08, 2017
raumdeuter:

Exactly ma point bro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
and i think by the time EPL clubs are making it hard to sell to other leagues, "probably" they will join in closing their TW early too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 7:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
raumdeuter:

Mourinho quote below

I hope, I expect, my club to be strong enough and powerful enough that when the market closes for us, we can also close our doors and say ‘it doesn’t matter what the offer is we’ve closed the market to buy and to sell’.I expect my club to be acting that way so we are going to reduce that element of weakness
Eh, next time you want to quote a coach to make a point, don't quote Jose, you can quote Pep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2017
ToyinDipo:

Eh, next time you want to quote a coach to make a point, don't quote Jose, you can quote Pep.

Why not? I can use him as a bad example. Just like I've been using you for
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:08pm On Sep 08, 2017
ToyinDipo:

Lol i was shocked he didn't mention pep somewhere given that City also rejected it. Pep is responsible for all decisions taken in football in Dayo's world.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
joeace2020:

Lol i was shocked he didn't mention pep somewhere given that City also rejected it. Pep is responsible for all decisions taken in football in Dayo's world.

Haha, thank you o
cc Raumdeuter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:19pm On Sep 08, 2017
ToyinDipo:

Haha, thank you o
cc Ramdeuter
ok
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
raumdeuter:

Mourinho quote below

Like Mourinho pointed out, he "hopes" for United to stand strong when such situations arises, but he also pointed out that he's not sure for other clubs, other small clubs without the financial power like United to say no or make the player being pursued not have his head turned. This rule was made mostly to protect the average clubs with lesser financial backing, but as with every other law or rule, the big clubs will still have their way at the end.

I remember when Abrahimovic came unto the scene and spent lavishly to break the dominance United and Arsenal had on EPL. Then City, PSG and Co started theirs and Wenger cried out, FFP was introduced to curb the menace. What happened? After the IGG, top clubs still found a way to play dirty causing Wenger to confess yesterday that FFP is powerless to stop rich clubs. It's same thing that'll happen in this scenario. The top clubs will still have their ways, but this time around it'll affect only EPL if others don't join. Life's not fair, the big clubs will keep enjoying more benefits no matter what.

You know the major reason Coutinho didn't leave for Barcelona this TW was coz he had no buy-out clause and so couldnt pull the Neymar stunt who had one and once it's paid, bought his way to freedom.

So what happens to all these average clubs where their players have buy-out clauses? Imagine TW had already close and Hull City's star player with a buy-out clause of 40mil who the club had managed to keep away from the EPL wolves suddenly receives interest from Barcelona [after chasing another target and couldn't get him so turned towards Hull City's star player] who are willing to pay his buy-out clause and the player hands in a transfer request. What will Hull City now do? The player wants to leave and his buy-out clause will be paid. When Hull City sells coz they have no choice, how will they replace him when the TW is already closed for EPL? They might even lose more players before the TW of other leagues closes since they can sell but not buy.

So you see that while United might not suffer, small clubs can. You also see for players like Mbappe who was chased for over 3 months by Madrid, City, PSG etc., when EPL TW closes, PSG and Madrid now have the upperhand to buy him. This is an unfair advantage for other leagues.

My stance is, if other leagues don't join EPL in this rule, then EPL should stop the rule or they will lose out.

Also, it's stupid for EPL teams to be able to sell but can't buy because once TW closes and they lose a player, they can't replace him. The England FA needs to come up with a law stopping teams from selling too once the TW closes.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 9:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
sinizia:

Like Mourinho pointed out, he "hopes" for United to stand strong when such situations arises, but he also pointed out that he's not sure for other clubs, other small clubs without the financial power like United to say no or make the player being pursued not have his head turned. This rule was made mostly to protect the average clubs with lesser financial backing, but as with every other law or rule, the big clubs will still have their way at the end.

I remember when Abrahimovic came unto the scene and spent lavishly to break the dominance United and Arsenal had on EPL. Then City, PSG and Co started theirs and Wenger cried out, FFP was introduced to curb the menace. What happened? After the IGG, top clubs still found a way to play dirty causing Wenger to confess yesterday that FFP is powerless to stop rich clubs. It's same thing that'll happen in this scenario. The top clubs will still have their ways, but this time around it'll affect only EPL if others don't join. Life's not fair, the big clubs will keep enjoying more benefits no matter what.

You know the major reason Coutinho didn't leave for Barcelona this TW was coz he had no buy-out clause and so couldnt pull the Neymar stunt who had one and once it's paid, bought his way to freedom.

So what happens to all these average clubs where their players have buy-out clauses? Imagine TW had already close and Hull City's star player with a buy-out clause of 40mil who the club had managed to keep away from the EPL wolves suddenly receives interest from Barcelona [after chasing another target and couldn't get him so turned towards Hull City's star player] who are willing to pay his buy-out clause and the player hands in a transfer request. What will Hull City now do? The player wants to leave and his buy-out clause will be paid. When Hull City sells coz they have no choice, how will they replace him when the TW is already closed for EPL? They might even lose more players before the TW of other leagues closes since they can sell but not buy.

So you see that while United might not suffer, small clubs can. You also see for players like Mbappe who was chased for over 3 months by Madrid, City, PSG etc., when EPL TW closes, PSG and Madrid now have the upperhand to buy him. This is an unfair advantage for other leagues.

My stance is, if other leagues don't join EPL in this rule, then EPL should stop the rule or they will lose out.

Also, it's stupid for EPL teams to be able to sell but can't buy because once TW closes and they lose a player, they can't replace him. The England FA needs to come up with a law stopping teams from selling too once the TW closes.

The Epl has shot itself on the foot. Knowing Uefa, Uefalona and Uefadrid, they will all be licking their mouths in glee. I know this TW would still be revisited by English teams when they would have seen that Spanish TW remains the way it is and their two teams can now easily cherry pick any top talent which puts that club under pressure to sell so as to get a replacement on time. It is a disaster that would be unleashed in the most cruel fashion considering next year when it'll start is a world cup year with the final on July 15th leaving English clubs less than a month to complete deals for players returning back while the rest of Europe are just relaxing waiting to pounce.

The only way this can be amended is for UEFA to change the rules for TW operations. When the window shuts in a given country, ins and outs end instantly. That way the other countries will be forced tp adjust. But trusting Uefa to do anything that hurts spanish team is like trusting Nigerian police to act judiciously.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
sinizia:

Small clubs already suffer from the transfer window, I am sure if you ask the small clubs they will prefer transfers to be illegal and everyone develop their own stars.

There is a way to protect your players from being poached which is dont have a release clause. We have seen small clubs like Leicester and Southampton hold on to their stars this window.

The Hull City example you gave then they shouldnt put release clauses in their players contract anymore. Thats why Mahrez is still in Leicester till now

Closing the market early makes every team focus on their business early. If you extend the deadline till October 31 you will still see clubs scrambling on deadline day

EPL teams are rich enough they can identify their targets early, pay what is need and move on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2017
How I ran back to bet9ja to Double chance Chelsea after seeing this

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:26am On Sep 09, 2017
grin

Thank God - EPL is BACK!
Can't wait to see another super Performance fro the Lads!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 8:42am On Sep 09, 2017
Finally.. just 9 hrs left for d Big match cool...whats ur prediction Fam.! ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:57am On Sep 09, 2017
Man u lose 5:1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 09, 2017
Stoke 0 - Manchester 2 Leicester 1 - Chelsea 1 Mancity 2 - Liverpool 2

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 09, 2017
Stoke 0 - Manchester 2 Leicester 1 - Chelsea 1 Mancity 2 - Liverpool 2

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 8:59am On Sep 09, 2017
odizeey:
Man u lose 5:1
angry

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 09, 2017
kelvinze:
Finally.. just 9 hrs left for d Big match cool...whats ur prediction Fam.! ?

Stoke 0 - 3 Manchester United cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mystic1(m): 9:25am On Sep 09, 2017
Walk over. Stoke won't turn up. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 9:26am On Sep 09, 2017
Classic September! The reds Return to europe...Beckhamo beasting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sVubBQaMcQ
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:55am On Sep 09, 2017
KingTom:
angry
na my prediction na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4441) (4442) (4443) (4444) (4445) (4446) (4447) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MikaelDare(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.