Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8691722 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4451) (4452) (4453) (4454) (4455) (4456) (4457) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:02pm On Sep 10, 2017
Griffon:

A fella who knows nothing about midfield play better than Kroos?

I want to believe Sir has been cuming a lot.
similar technical ability but pogba has the edge over him physically and his also a better dribbler.
as soon as utd return to where we bin dey before una no go fit deny him talent again. that day,dey come.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
dopeJemi:
dunno what you guys are saying oh, but for me, Darmian caused the first goal

Darmian allowed the ball go over his head and get to the Stoke player BUT

1) That Stoke player would have been offside if Bailly had done the basic thing and kept himself in line with the defenders.
So Bailly kept the crosser onside.

2) Bailly was goalside of Choupo-Moting initially but while he was staring at the crosser he allowed Choupo-Moting to get ahead of him and tap in the cross.

Bailly is my best player in that defence after DDG but one has to be fair and unsentimental. Darmian could have done better with the long ball but Bailly takes a large chunk of the blame
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mystic1(m): 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
joeace2020:

What are you even saying. Both goals came from Baily not tracking chupo monting and Jones falling like a kitten instead of marking the same player again. Everyone knows teams like stoke feed on set pieces. Then it's only normal that every player is at alert when stoke have a set piece but no.. thats when Jones choose to bundle over. What i said was in reference to the fact that what we need are wingers with good crosses on them. We don't get those from Mikhi or Rashford instead they offer a different dimension to our game which is pace, dribbling and trickery. I expected more crosses fron our full backs yesterday, none came. The fault of yesterday's match was Mourinho's wrong selection not transfers gaffe. Blind has always had a good cross in him and with the tall players in our squad we don't utilize that advantage enough. Instead he plays the slow, insipid Darmian who can't defend or attack to save his life and we saw from the first goal. They say if it's not broken, don't change it. We suffered for it yesterday. You pulling out my old posts when we were playing Valencia, Bailly, Jones and Blind and were sturdy doesn't make sense in this case. Blame the manager for his selctions and possibly instructions because this guys don't cross the ball. Valencia had acres of space to whip in a one time cross many times yesterday instead he decides to pass back or run down his usual path which everybody knows. Blind who can give good crosses too... no where. Mourinho set his team to play the style of football stoke love playing against. That is why they have a great record against the big teams who play on the ground and a bad record against the small teams who go route one. This was the obvious thing to do against them. Go route one and crossing like they do.
Make i no lie you, i didn't even bother reading your story. I saw you have excuses for every mistake. Same you who can't afford any excuse for chelsea, Man city liverpool and Arsenal. Make we just die matter. I still maintain we messed up by not enforcing our LB and RW.

And Darmian was fucking at fault for everything that happened yesterday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
i far from the television for the center i watch this match.
but i don't think Herrera was that good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2017
Oasis007:
grin

So Dudes are still over it till now?! What actually is wrong with the Result?! We have a Champions League Match to play this Week Dudes..... I think it's time to move on.

Darmian is extremely poor to be candid. And I would say he caused us the 3 Points.

It's painful mehn grin grin grin i just dey console myself say we still dey top table with excellent goal difference..... it's kinda funny how Darmian still gets to start for Italy, despite all the gaffes at club level...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2017
MrBleach:

When you are the very best bad tactics and rubbish Managers won't stop you...Barr Pogba, Every one in the Madrid eleven is better than our outfield players.
Why bar Pogba? Mstcheww
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
joeace2020:

What are you even saying. Both goals came from Baily not tracking chupo monting and Jones falling like a kitten instead of marking the same player again. Everyone knows teams like stoke feed on set pieces. Then it's only normal that every player is at alert when stoke have a set piece but no.. thats when Jones choose to bundle over. What i said was in reference to the fact that what we need are wingers with good crosses on them. We don't get those from Mikhi or Rashford instead they offer a different dimension to our game which is pace, dribbling and trickery. I expected more crosses fron our full backs yesterday, none came. The fault of yesterday's match was Mourinho's wrong selection not transfers gaffe. Blind has always had a good cross in him and with the tall players in our squad we don't utilize that advantage enough. Instead he plays the slow, insipid Darmian who can't defend or attack to save his life and we saw from the first goal. They say if it's not broken, don't change it. We suffered for it yesterday. You pulling out my old posts when we were playing Valencia, Bailly, Jones and Blind and were sturdy doesn't make sense in this case. Blame the manager for his selctions and possibly instructions because this guys don't cross the ball. Valencia had acres of space to whip in a one time cross many times yesterday instead he decides to pass back or run down his usual path which everybody knows. Blind who can give good crosses too... no where. Mourinho set his team to play the style of football stoke love playing against. That is why they have a great record against the big teams who play on the ground and a bad record against the small teams who go route one. This was the obvious thing to do against them. Go route one and crossing like they do.
Please how many of Blind crosses has found it's target in the EPL this season? Which has result in any goal? If I remember correctly, most of our goals have come from slick passes in front of goal and not from some side crossing. I personally hate all those crossing unless we have people running in at the near post and not hiding behind defenders. Sometimes I will see a cross when we have just a player in the opponent box surrounded by like 5 players. Which kind thing be that?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
afrodoc2:

JM is partly to blame for this result.
He has not changed his ways. If he is changing formation for Stoke i wonder what he will do for Chelsea and Man City ( park the bus again i guess).

And it was not like he even rested important midfielders. He played all of them but just put them in positions that they do not thrive in.....Pogba at 10 and Mikki on the RW for instance.

That 10 position should be reserved for Mikki or Mata. Pogba should be in CM with Matic or Herrera.

We have to try Martial, Rashford and Lukaku TOGETHER at some point. Mata IMO does not even offer you greater defensive solidity than those boys so i wonder what JM is seeing.

Darmian is an eyesore going forward and an abomination at LB and severely limits our attacking play. We might suffer this season if JM persists with him in that position.

If Shaw comes good or Blind plays well this team is good enough to win the EPL. That LB position is our achilles heel.

You should definitely expect more of that... i wonder what tactics and formation he'll use when United meets the big boys in EPL and UCL.. hopefully Shaw might be back to cover that gaping hole in the defense... Pogba played well to an extent but it's very clear to everyone except Mou that the No 10 is not his best position, maybe he was trying to accommodate Herrera anyway.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
eph12:

Please how many of Blind crosses has found it's target in the EPL this season? Which has result in any goal? If I remember correctly, most of our goals have come from slick passes in front of goal and not from some side crossing. I personally hate all those crossing unless we have people running in at the near post and not hiding behind defenders. Sometimes I will see a cross when we have just a player in the opponent box surrounded by like 5 players. Which kind thing be that?

If you were the manager who is aware of Stoke's record against ball playing teams would you go there and be doing tiki taka?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

similar technical ability but pogba has the edge over him physically and his also a better dribbler.
as soon as utd return to where we bin dey before una no go fit deny him talent again. that day,dey come.

Support 100%
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Right now one Kagawa10 is lurking around the corner waiting to pounce. He only appears when someone calls Herrera Shittee!! Not that am saying Herrera waa shittee. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2017
afrodoc2:

JM is partly to blame for this result.
He has not changed his ways. If he is changing formation for Stoke i wonder what he will do for Chelsea and Man City ( park the bus again i guess).

And it was not like he even rested important midfielders. He played all of them but just put them in positions that they do not thrive in.....Pogba at 10 and Mikki on the RW for instance.

That 10 position should be reserved for Mikki or Mata. Pogba should be in CM with Matic or Herrera.

We have to try Martial, Rashford and Lukaku TOGETHER at some point. Mata IMO does not even offer you greater defensive solidity than those boys so i wonder what JM is seeing.

Darmian is an eyesore going forward and an abomination at LB and severely limits our attacking play. We might suffer this season if JM persists with him in that position.

If Shaw comes good or Blind plays well this team is good enough to win the EPL. That LB position is our achilles heel.
At the highlighted part, I trust Jose to not disappoint grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2017
joeace2020:

If you were the manager who is aware of Stoke's record against ball playing teams would you go there and be doing tiki taka?

Which record are you talking about? This Stoke team or the Stoke team of Tony Pulis from 5 years ago?

Last season THIS STOKE TEAM lost 4-1 to Liverpool, 4-1 to Man City, 4-0 to Spurs TWICE and 3-1 to Arsenal.
With our current squad of players there is no reason to change what we are doing.....at least not against this Stoke team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2017
eph12:

At the highlighted part, I trust Jose to not disappoint grin

That is my main problem with Jose. In most other things he is a great manager but he bunkers too easily
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2017
joeace2020:

Let's see the record you're talking about please
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:44pm On Sep 10, 2017
Leyqute:

I can understand you don't like Darmian and adore Bailly but the latter caused the first goal.

Darmian has his faults but the ball won't even get to the crosser if Bailly had stayed in line with the other defenders to keep that guy offside.

The ball won't also get into the back of the net if Bailly did his job well and marked his man.

Bailly caused the first goal bro, he's the one to blame. Maybe he was feeling sore from that earlier tackle or maybe he just lost concentration for a bit but he's the one.

Every player, no matter how good they are, have bad games some time..

afrodoc2:

Darmian allowed the ball go over his head and get to the Stoke player BUT

1) That Stoke player would have been offside if Bailly had done the basic thing and kept himself in line with the defenders.
So Bailly kept the crosser onside.

2) Bailly was goalside of Choupo-Moting initially but while he was staring at the crosser he allowed Choupo-Moting to get ahead of him and tap in the cross.

Bailly is my best player in that defence after DDG but one has to be fair and unsentimental. Darmian could have done better with the long ball but Bailly takes a large chunk of the blame

I usually don't fault players who keep their opponents onside that much because at that point in time they may think the ball would not get to the player they are keeping onside, I fault players who creates space for their opponents to exploit, the acres of space left by Darmian for shaqiri or whoever crossed that ball to exploit was enough to build a duplex, something similar happened against Arsenal at home when rashford failed to track down Chamberlain, he just left him and boom, they scored, when I saw how free the stoke player was, I sensed danger

the fact is, that ball would not have been in the back of the net if darmian had closed down his opponent

I must admit, after the ball got to the stoke player I turned away which didn't let me see the position of Bailey, he may be at fault like you guys said
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2017
GloryIsaac:

It's painful mehn grin grin grin i just dey console myself say we still dey top table with excellent goal difference..... it's kinda funny how Darmian still gets to start for Italy, despite all the gaffes at club level...

grin

Do we expect the Team to win all the Matches.... Home and Away?!

We are Oliver Twist Aswear...... we can't ever be pleased! We got a Point at the Stoke, yet Dudes ain't satisfied. LOL!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
afrodoc2:

Which record are you talking about? This Stoke team or the Stoke team of Tony Pulis from 5 years ago?

Last season THIS STOKE TEAM lost 4-1 to Liverpool, 4-1 to Man City, 4-0 to Spurs TWICE and 3-1 to Arsenal.
With our current squad of players there is no reason to change what we are doing.....at least not against this Stoke team.
eph12:

Let's see the record you're talking about please

Besides Arsenal who beat them 4-1 at home.. Liverpool and Chelsea could only come away with a 2-1 win and Everton a draw. I have not even gone further back. Away yes we know its quite difficult from home but Stoke is a rock at home after all the saying goes "can you do it on a cold Tuesday night at Stoke?". When i spoke of their record against big teams i was referring to them at home. Even their record against the small teams stands up there which tells how formidable they are at home.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2017
no fellaini no 3points *spits*

morata>>>lukaku
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
joeace2020:

Besides Arsenal who beat them 4-1 at home.. Liverpool and Chelsea could only come away with a 2-1 win and Everton a draw. I have not even gone further back. Away yes we know its quite difficult from home but Stoke is a rock at home after all the saying goes "can you do it on a cold Tuesday night at Stoke?". When i spoke of their record against big teams i was referring to them at home. Even their record against the small teams stands up there which tells how formidable they are at home.

Man City beat them 4-1 in that stadium.

Spurs beat them 4-0 in that stadium.

Arsenal beat them 4-1 in that stadium.

Chelsea and Liverpool beat them in that stadium.

Where is this record you keep talking about?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 1:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

If I hear.

Chairman there is more to midfield play than mere flicks, long range shots and the occasional dabs.

Pogba isn't armed with the complete range of midfield attributes.

Naturally, a CM is expected to dictate the pace of the game from the middle of the park. He must know when to calm the tempo of the game and when to raise it. Dominating play is what makes you a CM not running around the pitch like a confused rab rat.

I am sure Pogba doesn't even consider himself a CM given the amount of runs he makes every game. So to compare him with a total midfield package like Kroos should be punishable by law.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by stephenGee12(m): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2017
Bailly isn't at fault here.
Darmian is.
Infact bailly tried well.
He had just arrived on thursday night from international duty and then he took a train to go and meet the team on saturday morning and still trained with them and started also.

Weren't u guys wondering when he didn't stand up quickly after the high block he did against a pieters.
Its because he was fucking tired.
But our weakness and problem is a left back.
Darmian was shit I don't even knw y he is a manu playere.
Bleep vangal for buying ghim and then selling a player that wud have been instrument to us.
And the bastard is now saying united hanged him publicly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2017
joeace2020:

Are you sure you posted the right stat? Because I can't connect this your stat with the point you're trying to make.

What's United business with the highlighted? They lost at home to City, Chelshit, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham at the Britannica last season but you're giving excuses here. As far as I'm concerned, that draw wasn't a bad result but stop making it seem like it's mission impossible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Don't mind him we played one draw in a difficult ground he is already permeating his hate on Pogba. Kroos was there when Madrid drew at home to Valencia and levente I mean levente oo

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Average 1st half. Poor 2nd half.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2017
CapitalCee:

Don't mind him we played one draw in a difficult ground he is already permeating his hate on Pogba. Kroos was there when Madrid drew at home to Valencia and levente I mean levente oo

are you also of d opinion that pogba is a better midfielder than kroos?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2017
Griffon:

If I hear.

Chairman there is more to midfield play than mere flicks, long range shots and the occasional dabs.

Naturally, a CM is expected to dictate the pace of the game from the middle of the park. He must know when to calm the tempo of the game and when to raise it. Dominating play is what makes you a CM not running around the pitch like a confused rab rat.

I am sure Pogba doesn't even consider himself a CM given the amount of runs he makes every game. So to compare him with a total midfield package like Kroos should be punishable by law.
Ronaldihno na wetyn?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2017
Griffon:

And to be specific, the dablord isn't better than anyone in the galacticos' midfield anyway.
yes. makes you wonder how they couldn't beat Man United at least 6-0 in the Super Cup, doesn't it?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2017
dubylhover:

are you also of d opinion that pogba is a better midfielder than kroos?

I am not here to argue with you. Pogba has scored 2goals and 3 assist already this season in 4 matches. With very satisfactory performance so far. Show me the midfielder who has a better stat in the premier league. I am not saying Pogba is better than Kroos. But you cant bet a dime that if Pogba was in exactly the same position in the all conquering German and Madrid team that Kroos had been. That he won't win all those Trophies he (Kroos) has won.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
All these hailings for real madrid players go soon end. Lukaku no better pass benzema?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
Griffon:

If I hear.

go an bring police.
his armed with everything.
when he drop back last season to orchestrate our attack from deep where una dey? you must've seen some of our games where the dablord dey absent wetin we resemble ?
Me,am content to wait till the societal pressure that comes with our inevitable team success forces all of you haters to admit to the simple truth:say the dablord sabi.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2017
adebayo201:
ChristineC welcoming Kelvine on board... wink
umm I'm sure there's more than one female on this section

(1) (2) (3) ... (4451) (4452) (4453) (4454) (4455) (4456) (4457) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: YourBestWriter and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.