Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,339 members, 7,864,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8876738 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
afrodoc: Fellaini is soooo SLOW and he has the turning arc of a MACK truck.

grin grin grin grin

coogar:

the goal we conceded was unfortunate but overall, we did it the professional way. i worry about moyes' ambition though. at 1-1, he didn't show any gumption to try and get a winner. where were the calvary to change a point to three?

Is this thread turning to a comedy club? WTF is conceding in a professional way? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
I fear that Fellaini might not be the player I was hoping we would sign. undecided
He just looks the definition of cumbersome and ungainly. Almost wish we signed Cabaye instead.

I think we need 3 players in and 3 out.

Tough point but not bad. On to the next one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

So we are just hoping to qualify for 2nd round. Even if we qualify, I hope we won't be pummeled in that round, just the way BM disgraced Barca.

We will top the group at the end. But it was okay to get an away result. By time we get to the second round, our confidence should have risen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
Pataki: The same Fellaini who gave an assist for the only goal ManU was able to muster?

ManU fans are surely ingrates!

Park one side Muppet.
We holdour players to high standards. Unlike you Gunners who are already in ecstacy in early October.
I'm sure we would be ingrates if he undid his good work in assisting the goal (via a stumble by a defender by the way) with generally crappy play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by papparatzzi2013: 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
elampiro:

Had Rooney played today, the whole blame would have been on him.

Today, there was no single soul even passing to the flanks or holding up play. I can guess RVP didnt touch the ball up to 12 times. No through ball, no crossings, no assists from set pieces, etc. It was so dull

Today, it wasnt Rooney who put Kagawa out.

Sincerely we are better than this.

Our coach can't just think out of the box. The nucleus of our team is still better than BVB but the class between the two is a gulf.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by papparatzzi2013: 9:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
elampiro:

We will top the group at the end. But it was okay to get an away result. By time we get to the second round, our confidence should have risen.

Hmmmmm. Amen oooooo.

Man Utd has now turned to prayer point!!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by papparatzzi2013: 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
2 shots on target for 90mts? It's embarrassing. If we can only muster 2shots against Shaktar, how many shots can we have against Bayern or RM or Barca and even BVB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
StarBoard:

Park one side Muppet.
We holdour players to high standards. Unlike you Gunners who are already in ecstacy in early October.
I'm sure we would be ingrates if he undid his good work in assisting the goal (via a stumble by a defender by the way) with generally crappy play.
High standards? Are you a jester or something? Where was the high standards when you lost to Liverpool? Where was the high standards when you lost to West Brom, or Man City?

Don't even compare Manure with Arsenal. They are not on the same wavelength this season. You ManU fans are constantly looking for scapegoats. If it is not Fellaini today, it is Welbeck, or Rooney or Ferdinand tomorrow. Is that what you refer to as high standards cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by papparatzzi2013: 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
Glazers, Woodward, board and DM should be seeing the miles between us and the top teams in Europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Sincerely we are better than this.

Our coach can't just think out of the box. The nucleus of our team is still better than BVB but the class between the two is a gulf.

Sometimes it is hard to think out of the box when outside the box has failed woefully in the past. Moyes went for safety today. With Rooney out, he opted for Valencia and Welbeck to bring that stability. Had Rooney played, he could have gamble with Nani or Kagawa for Welbeck.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
^^^ chei! See Wetin moyes cause, even arsenal fan dey make mouth for man utd thread.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
I hope y'all enjoyed how well you played today. . . . y'all needed a Shakhtar player's assist to score? cheesy

papparatzzi2013: 2 shots on target for 90mts? It's embarrassing. If we can only muster 2shots against Shaktar, how many shots can we have against Bayern or RM or Barca and even BVB.

Naah, Rooney is the problem, and the fantastic pass completion stats in his absence delivered a fantastic 2 shots on target. cheesy

Even Rooney's sickness kept Kagawa on the bench today. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
Where's the determination, zeal, hunger, drive,desire?
I can't see it. . . . . . .maybe Fergie left with these.
Until we can sort the player's attitude, we will keep yapping and speaking English!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
Emperoh: Where's the determination, zeal, hunger, drive,desire?
I can't see it. . . . . . .maybe Fergie left with these.
Until we can sort the player's attitude, we will keep yapping and speaking English!

For the first time since Leverkusen game, we had the right players in place today and adopted a 4-3-3, but ball retention in the attacking midfield and final third was the problem.

Rafael was there, Vidic and Evra were there. Cleverly paired Carrick. But the problem was our three attackers inability to retain and use the ball in the final their third of the opponents.

People usually do not see why some players are so important. However, we will soon get it right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
@ Elampiro

You and the crush you display on this thread for Rooney is rather irritating.

Can't you make a statement without mentioning Rooney's name 9 outta 10times to buttress your point haba!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sir Alex ferguson has given his under-pressure successor David Moyes the dreaded vote of confidence.

Moyes has been hammered by Old Trafford fans for a dreadful start to the season that sees them languishing in 12th in the Premier League. But Fergie, the man who got Moyes the job, insists he's the right fit for Manchester United.

"United are in good hands with David Moyes. He will be fine - he's a good manager."

United face Shahktar Donetsk in the Champions League tonight but whatever happens this season, Fergie's never going to return.

He said: "I'm not interested in managing again or getting myself worked up about Manchester United's results. You would be throwing your money down the drain if you put any money on me coming back as a manager.

"I made my decision. The timing was perfect. There is no way back for me now - I've got a new life. I want to go to the Kentucky Derby and the US Masters, the Melbourne Cup. I want to visit vineyards in Tuscany and France." (Source: Daily Star, PBS)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
coded guy: @ Elampiro

Can't you make a statement without mentioning Rooney's name 9 outta 10times to buttress your point haba!

Can't some guys make a statement without blaming Rooney. How much have I seen you condemn such?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
debosky:

grin grin grin grin
Is this thread turning to a comedy club? WTF is conceding in a professional way? cheesy

we played in a professional way. who's talking about conceding the professional way. 1-1 is a very good result away from home.

the last 2 english clubs that went there got rapëd & that includes arsenal & chelsea. shakhtar are well gone in their season & are fitter than most continental teams.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
I heard we finally scored from open play? grin Hope we didn't perform as poorly as we are getting used to?
Traffic no let me meet match *sigh*
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
SailorXY: I heard we finally scored from open play? grin Hope we didn't perform as poorly as we are getting used to?

in the absence of rooney, we have always played well. moyes should have brought on nani & chicharito as shakhtar became more desperate to get an equaliser.

the front 4 did superbly well, fellaini wasn't too bad & carrick bossed it. rafael was easily our best player though and i hope moyes doesn't drop him after tonight's display.

thankfully, no fat scouser posted 74% pass accuracy tonight.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
RVP was shyte today. I could have done better.

As compared to the Leverkusen match where Rooney scored two from open play, assisted one from open play and dominated the match with a super virtouso performance, today was a shame. The defence and mifield gave us the draw. Should Rooney find this balanced defence with Rafael and without Ferdinand, he would have a field day as he had always done in Europe. Kudos to Welbeck, he is becoming a European big boy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by papparatzzi2013: 11:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
coogar:

in the absence of rooney, we have always played well. moyes should have brought on nani & chicharito as shakhtar became more desperate to get an equaliser.

the front 4 did superbly well, fellaini wasn't too bad & carrick bossed it. rafael was easily our best player though and i hope moyes doesn't drop him after tonight's display.

thankfully, no fat scouser posted 74% pass accuracy tonight.

Coogarrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It seems you watched your own match on 7D UltraHDTV.

We were not it at all.

No tactics
No game plan
No pattern
I could not see where the goal will come from.
No finesse
No ambition

Fellaini was sluggish.
Welbeck was, as usual, all work no head.
Valencia was an extra space wasted on the pitch.
RVP was Mr Anonymous
Back four and goalkeeper were okay
Carrick stabilized and Cleverly was busy doing his short basic passes without driving in.
Could not see Zeal, passion, intensity and urgency but well set up defensively and offensively clueless.

And yes I remember ........ We missed Rooney.

Introduction of Kagawa and CC14 could have added better offensive option.

Seems DM was contented with a draw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
chamotex: This Fellaini no go kill person
Clumsy a$$ ninja that Fellaini! I'm sure he had more fouls than the entire Shakhtar Donetsk team. That's who someone on this thread was comparing to Javi Martinez. I don read enough nonsense for this forum sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
Pataki:
High standards? Are you a jester or something? Where was the high standards whenshould ost to Liverpool? Where was the high standards when you lost to West Brom, or Man City?

Don't even compare Manure with Arsenal. They are not on the same wavelength this season. You ManU fans are constantly looking for scapegoats. If it is not Fellaini today, it is Welbeck, or Rooney or Ferdinand tomorrow. Is that what you refer to as high standards cheesy
Look at this nematode. You've successfully drawn the conclusion about wavelength in the 2nd of october .
Wavelength ko, gamma ray ni.
This one na proper dunce.
Scapegoats?
What have you been doing for 8 years?
Please if you don't have anything to say, just zip it. apparently you have no idea of what a standard should be.
After all your initial gragra Arsenal will still be trophyless at the end of the season, so why blow hot air?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
papparatzzi2013:
Coogarrrrrrrrrrrrrr
It seems you watched your own match on 7D UltraHDTV.

We were not it at all.

No tactics
No game plan
No pattern
I could not see where the goal will come from.
No finesse
No ambition

it was a typical away performance in europe. we have played worse games under fergie & in case you didn't realise, donetsk was freezing. why are people acting like we never had 1-1 draw under fergie?

Fellaini was sluggish.
Welbeck was, as usual, all work no head.
Valencia was an extra space wasted on the pitch.
RVP was Mr Anonymous
Back four and goalkeeper were okay
Carrick stabilized and Cleverly was busy doing his short basic passes without driving in.
Could not see Zeal, passion, intensity and urgency but well set up defensively and offensively clueless.

the statistics don't agree with you. i would post the comprehensive match stats for you to see we weren't bad apart from the daft substitutions from moyes. kagawa/nani should have come on for valencia at the hour mark to launch a classic counter-attack as donetsk pushed men forward...

And yes I remember ........ We missed Rooney.

the man with the ill-luck? we lost the last 2 games he started. the further away he stays from the team, the better for all of us. let him improve his passing before he gets back into this team.

Introduction of Kagawa and CC14 could have added better offensive option.
Seems DM was contented with a draw.

that's the only black spot for me. the substitutions could have helped us with a second goal & kill the morale of shakhtar but a draw is not bad as well. win our remaining home games and we are through!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JMOI: 12:20am On Oct 03, 2013
"I'm not interested in managing again or getting myself worked up about Manchester United's results.

"You would be throwing your money down the drain if you put any money on me coming back as a manager. I made my decision. The timing was perfect.

"There is no way back for me now. I've got a new life. I want to go to the Kentucky Derby and the US Masters, the Melbourne Cup. I want to visit vineyards in Tuscany and France."

Sir Alex Ferguson
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 6:20am On Oct 03, 2013
coded guy: @ Elampiro

don't crucify elampiro, rooney makes things happen. Did van persie play today, was rio the reason we conceded the sloppy goal. DM's time is running out. United played like Gombe United in that match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 6:35am On Oct 03, 2013
SailorXY: I heard we finally scored from open play? grin Hope we didn't perform as poorly as we are getting used to?
you better thank GOD you didn watch the match. We played like fc of manchester in the conference league, ball retention was amateur like, fellaini was totally crap today, van persie got lost in dhonesk, united is nothing without rooney, it is evident. Fergie killed the team before he left. 1 point is better than getting hammered at home like bayern did city.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 6:58am On Oct 03, 2013
Rooney's passion and drive complements his skills, he is a player who gives his all for united , over 200 goals and numerous assists don't tell lies. Shift RVP to the left wing, rooney at the centre and try kagawa at the hole they are clamouring for and let's see what transpires
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:05am On Oct 03, 2013
How can we "shift" van Persie to the wing for Rooney? You dey even listen to yourself? Its just like saying shift Falcao to the wings for James Rodriguez to play CF
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:06am On Oct 03, 2013
BinghiNya: you better thank GOD you didn watch the match. We played like fc of manchester in the conference league, ball retention was amateur like, fellaini was totally crap today, van persie got lost in dhonesk, united is nothing without rooney, it is evident. Fergie killed the team before he left. 1 point is better than getting hammered at home like bayern did city.
Most of the match reports I read don't confirm this assertion

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lana1(m), adexeli(m), Ellexy, kingofcasting(m), eph12(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.