Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,380 members, 7,864,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:48 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8877711 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:42pm On Oct 03, 2013
BinghiNya:

where was he playing before he was converted to a CF.
So because Drogba started as a CB, he should have been returned to CB for Terry to play CF during his Chelsea days?
After all, Terry scores goals too undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
dademola: who sed kagawa doesnt need time to adapt?u were d one comparing his arrival to dt of evra and vidic, and i had to remind u of d differences in circumstances and situations. kagawa has struggled, and needs to improve, and fortunately, d player is also aware of this fact. D truth is dt, d 45mins we saw, wasnt encouraging. He isnt a new signing, remember? Yeah, he needs playing time, bt believe me, his performance in dos 45mins isnt good enof to say he shud dislodge rooney frm d hole. Dats just d truth.

That is what it seems you are implying since you came up the 'hype' analogy.
This is ridiculous to say the least...a very myopic way of looking at the situation.
Tell me which player in the team doesn't need to improve or tell me how many of our squad players are not 'struggling' at the moment.
So let's say the 45 minutes wasn't encouraging...so that's it for him then? We should sell him off right?
You are contradicting yourself. In your own words "He needs playing time", now tell me is 45 minutes of league action what you call playing time?

No one is saying Kagawa is definitely the solution - he should be given the chance in the hole to prove himself, whether it will work or not, we don't know unless we try it.
Rooney has been given a fair whip there - let's try something else.

If Rio isn't working at CB - lets try Evans/Smalling
If Valencia isn't working on the right - let's try Nani/Zaha/Januzaj
If Fellaini isn't working at CM - let's try Cleverley/Ando
If RVP isn't performing up top - let's try Chicharito/Rooney etc.

I don't know what other language I can type this for you to comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
BinghiNya:

You see yourself, match report my foot. United played like a sunday sunday football team.
So are you saying the final result probably wasn't fair?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
chamotex:

This is ridiculous to say the least...a very myopic way of looking at the situation.
Tell me which player in the team doesn't need to improve or tell me how many of our squad players are not 'struggling' at the moment.
So let's say the 45 minutes wasn't encouraging...so that's it for him then? We should sell him off right?
You are contradicting yourself. In your own words "He needs playing time", now tell me is 45 minutes of league action what you call playing time?

No one is saying Kagawa is definitely the solution - he should be given the chance in the hole to prove himself, whether it will work or not, we don't know unless we try it.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 03, 2013
chamotex:

i didnt knw my simple explanation wld still prove hard for u to decipher, bt lemme further simplify and sumarize my points. WAYNE ROONEY ISNT DOING BADLY IN D HOLE. KAGAWA HAS ALWAYS STRUGGLED IN A UNITED SHIRT. KAGAWA HIMSELF KNWS DAT HE HAS TO IMPROVE; AND HE HAS STATED DIS ON NUMEROUS OCCASSIONS! D 45mins i SAW FRM KAGAWA, ISNT GOOD ENOF TO WARRANT HIM TAKING ROONEY'S PLACE IN D TEAM. We all saw d JANUZAJ boi make an impression of himself even though he has limited opportunities. We all saw mata coming on to change d game against spurs, in just 45 mins, and his performance merited mou to start him in d nxt game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2013
dademola: i didnt knw my simple explanation wld still prove hard for u to decipher, bt lemme further simplify and sumarize my points. WAYNE ROONEY ISNT DOING BADLY IN D HOLE. KAGAWA HAS ALWAYS STRUGGLED IN A UNITED SHIRT. KAGAWA HIMSELF KNWS DAT HE HAS TO IMPROVE; AND HE HAS STATED DIS ON NUMEROUS OCCASSIONS! D 45mins i SAW FRM KAGAWA, ISNT GOOD ENOF TO WARRANT HIM TAKING ROONEY'S PLACE IN D TEAM. We all saw d JANUZAJ boi make an impression of himself even though he has limited opportunities. We all saw mata coming on to change d game against spurs, in just 45 mins, and his performance merited mou to start him in d nxt game.
So are you saying he should be sold? Or he should improve sitting on the bench?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2013
And you say Rooney hasn't done badly behind the striker but the chances created in open play when he's there says otherwise. What problem do you have with given another player a run to develop an understanding with the striker & see if there will be better showing?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2013
And you say Rooney hasn't done badly behind the striker but the chances created in open play when he's there says otherwise. What problem do you have with giving another player a run to develop an understanding with the striker & see if there will be better showing?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2013
dademola: i didnt knw my simple explanation wld still prove hard for u to decipher, bt lemme further simplify and sumarize my points. WAYNE ROONEY ISNT DOING BADLY IN D HOLE. KAGAWA HAS ALWAYS STRUGGLED IN A UNITED SHIRT. KAGAWA HIMSELF KNWS DAT HE HAS TO IMPROVE; AND HE HAS STATED DIS ON NUMEROUS OCCASSIONS! D 45mins i SAW FRM KAGAWA, ISNT GOOD ENOF TO WARRANT HIM TAKING ROONEY'S PLACE IN D TEAM. We all saw d JANUZAJ boi make an impression of himself even though he has limited opportunities. We all saw mata coming on to change d game against spurs, in just 45 mins, and his performance merited mou to start him in d nxt game.

Apples and oranges...
You've explained nada and refused to answer my questions.
It's funny how you've used the words 'isn't doing badly'.
So if he isn't doing badly, why not try someone else to see if they would do any better or worse? Or is 'not doing badly' good enough for the team at the present time?

Still judging on the same 45 minutes about a player who has been shifted out of position and not been given a fair chance.

Other players have done worst in recent times and they were still given a fair chance.

Valencia has been stinking up the joint for almost 2 years now and he still starts most games and kept his place majority of the time.
Same with Ashley Young until recently. We can make judgements on these players because they have been given a fair crack at the whip.

Ashley Young and Valencia both managed to cop 1 goal between them last season and yet arguably our biggest game of the season against Citeh - they were the first choice wingers.

How else can I even explain this again...
Okay let me come down a bit - If Kagawa plays 45 minutes and scores a hat-trick, we can not make a judgement and term him as the 'solution' just based on that 45 minutes - there has to be a certain consistency about it before we can come to that conclusion.

On the other hand if he played 45 minutes and stank up the whole joint, it is still little to make a judgement based on a mere 45 minutes especially in a case where others can only be termed as 'not doing badly'.

I am sure you would get it now - otherwise... grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
SailorXY:
So are you saying he should be sold? Or he should improve sitting on the bench?
ofcourse not. My point is dt rooney's form is decent enof. Considering present form, rooney doesnt deserve to be be shifted aside to accomodate d presently "uncertain" kagawa. Kagawa wld get more chances, bt he had betta grab dem with both hands: d nxt chance he gets, it had betta be an improvment on d lethargic performance he put in d last time.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
chamotex:

Apples and oranges...
You've explained nada and refused to answer my questions.
It's funny how you've used the words 'isn't doing badly'.
So if he isn't doing badly, why not try someone else to see if they would do any better or worse? Or is 'not doing badly' good enough for the team at the present time?

Still judging on the same 45 minutes about a player who has been shifted out of position and not been given a fair chance.

Other players have done worst in recent times and they were still given a fair chance.

Valencia has been stinking up the joint for almost 2 years now and he still starts most games and kept his place majority of the time.
Same with Ashley Young until recently. We can make judgements on these players because they have been given a fair crack at the whip.

Ashley Young and Valencia both managed to cop 1 goal between them last season and yet arguably our biggest game of the season against Citeh - they were the first choice wingers.

How else can I even explain this again...
Okay let me come down a bit - If Kagawa plays 45 minutes and scores a hat-trick, we can not make a judgement and term him as the 'solution' just based on that 45 minutes - there has to be a certain consistency about it before we can come to that conclusion.

On the other hand if he played 45 minutes and stank up the whole joint, it is still little to make a judgement based on a mere 45 minutes especially in a case where others can only be termed as 'not doing badly'.

I am sure you would get it now - otherwise... grin grin
if kagawa scores a hatrick in dos 45 mins, moyes wld be too happy, as he wld hav a selection headache as per who starts d nxt game. Dts d truth. Wayne rooney is one of few players delivering for us ATM. Y shud we den drop him for a kagawa whose last performance wasnt impressive? Is RVP's form too good? Y r der no talks of rvp being dropped outta d squad? Y is it made to seem as if rooney being benched or shifted to d wing wld solve 50% of our problems? Der r other pressing issues to be solved in that team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
SailorXY: And you say Rooney hasn't done badly behind the striker but the chances created in open play when he's there says otherwise. What problem do you have with given another player a run to develop an understanding with the striker & see if there will be better showing?
and d bolded part is rooney"s fault?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 8:28pm On Oct 03, 2013
dademola: if kagawa scores a hatrick in dos 45 mins, moyes wld be too happy, as he wld hav a selection headache as per who starts d nxt game. Dts d truth. Wayne rooney is one of few players delivering for us ATM. Y shud we den drop him for a kagawa whose last performance wasnt impressive? Is RVP's form too good? Y r der no talks of rvp being dropped outta d squad? Y is it made to seem as if rooney being benched or shifted to d wing wld solve 50% of our problems? Der r other pressing issues to be solved in that team.

You still cant get it even after I broke it down. Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
chamotex:

You still cant get it even after I broke it down. Smh
judging by recent form, performance, and general contribution to d team, wayne rooney is one of d few players dt deserve to keep dia places in d team #shikena#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2013
coogar:

how many of these chances are from set plays?
Chances created from set pieces Should be lower than last season (not sure though), considering how poor our set play has been this season, but that stat shows that our main problem this season has been conversion of those chances. I just believe we'll get it right .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:49pm On Oct 03, 2013
dademola: ofcourse not. My point is dt rooney's form is decent enof. Considering present form, rooney doesnt deserve to be be shifted aside to accomodate d presently "uncertain" kagawa. Kagawa wld get more chances, bt he had betta grab dem with both hands: d nxt chance he gets, it had betta be an improvment on d lethargic performance he put in d last time.

Finito!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ritchboy(m): 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
So this is the new thread of lamentations? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2013
I dont get it. Are we still on this? Kagawa's problem is not Rooney, else Kagawa should have played or at least come on as a sub yesterday. Rooney missed the trip to Anfied and Kagawa was not even listed. What does that tell? He is not performing even in training. In the preseason against Yokohama he was woeful, also in another cheap match he was about the worst even among young guys like Lingaard, Zaha, Welbeck, Janunaj. Not to mention Young.

Rooney's pass rate is lower than that of Chelsea and Arsenal players because of the difference in style of transporting the ball. We have a Chicharito, RVP and Nani who don't enjoy team work and attacking build up. They want the ball hit ton them in their waiting zones like the hyenas.

Rooney goes into the attacking zone alone and he turns around but find no one close, he does so much. If we are to compare players, we should go and get Rooney's pass rate when United had men who were working- Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo.

Until the team gets its act together, whoever plays in the whole will find it hard. Nevertheless, I don't see anyone else in our team who will give us what Rooney has given us so far. Not even Ronaldo or Messi can give us single handedly what Rooney gave to us against Leverkusen. We only need to keep our best players fit and play them regularly together, then we will be there. This is not the first time we have struggled with goals in the start of the season. we had it even when Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Scholes, Giggs, JS park, Nani and Carrick were at their best for us. But SAF said he was sure the chances will come and the goals will be scored. There have been times when the defence and Van Dar Sar won matches for us. Our current defence and midfield is the major headache because the hole man needs the support of the midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2013
I honestly want Kagawa to pick form because many have said so much what he did at Dortmund. But again, he left Dortmond and they suddenly did well in Europe, the place where the game is tight. Hope Kagawa is not like Mr 456.

4............ Shy against top 4 teams and big matches.
5............ Scored only 5 UCL goals in 4 years
6............ Finds comfort in the bottom teams and weak oppositions.

I didn't mention any name. But you may refer to page 456 of this thread. cheesy cheesy cheesy

By friends. Good night.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
elampiro: I dont get it. Are we still on this? Kagawa's problem is not Rooney, else Kagawa should have played or at least come on as a sub yesterday. Rooney missed the trip to Anfied and Kagawa was not even listed. What does that tell? He is not performing even in training. In the preseason against Yokohama he was woeful, also in another cheap match he was about the worst even among young guys like Lingaard, Zaha, Welbeck, Janunaj. Not to mention Young.

Rooney's pass rate is lower than that of Chelsea and Arsenal players because of the difference in style of transporting the ball. We have a Chicharito, RVP and Nani who don't enjoy team work and attacking build up. They want the ball hit ton them in their waiting zones like the hyenas.

Rooney goes into the attacking zone alone and he turns around but find no one close, he does so much. If we are to compare players, we should go and get Rooney's pass rate when United had men who were working- Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo.

Until the team gets its act together, whoever plays in the whole will find it hard. Nevertheless, I don't see anyone else in our team who will give us what Rooney has given us so far. Not even Ronaldo or Messi can give us single handedly what Rooney gave to us against Leverkusen. We only need to keep our best players fit and play them regularly together, then we will be there. This is not the first time we have struggled with goals in the start of the season. we had it even when Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Scholes, Giggs, JS park, Nani and Carrick were at their best for us. But SAF said he was sure the chances will come and the goals will be scored. There have been times when the defence and Van Dar Sar won matches for us. Our current defence and midfield is the major headache because the hole man needs the support of the midfield.

Rooney, our very own white Pele. SMH.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
n0m0705:
Chances created from set pieces Should be lower than last season (not sure though), considering how poor our set play has been this season, but that stat shows that our main problem this season has been conversion of those chances. I just believe we'll get it right .

how can it be lower when rooney's pass completion stats in the final third is the poorest in the division. i just showed you ross barkley's stats around the final third....

this isn't even about the personnel around rooney or what not. it's rooney himself that cannot complete a pass. welbeck isn't 10% as good as rooney as a complete player but welbeck's pass completion stats makes rooney look like a pub team player.

we must first improve our passing stats around the edge of the box to create chances from open play. that's where the problem is & rooney is keeping kagawa away from the first team because he's english, not because he's technically better.

just look at all the passes rooney made into the box against west brom. they were all short passes but all of them were failed passes. is this the epitome of a playmaker? when are rooney's fanboys going to admit the fatso is a fraud?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
Another thing brought me back.

Kagawa played from the left for Japan in the confederation cup. Against slow playing Italy he was marvelous, but against power and fast playing Brazil he was below average and against fast and imposing Mexico he was awful.

In the preseason he played in the whole. He was largely uncreative against even Asia teams.

Highly overrated.

Bye.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2013
dademola: ofcourse not. My point is dt rooney's form is decent enof. Considering present form, rooney doesnt deserve to be be shifted aside to accomodate d presently "uncertain" kagawa. Kagawa wld get more chances, bt he had betta grab dem with both hands: d nxt chance he gets, it had betta be an improvment on d lethargic performance he put in d last time.

I disagree with the bold. Rooney's form in the hole isn't "decent enof" I don't know how you judge his form? Is it by running about and leaving your position of primary responsibility? Or is it by being productive with the passes you make in relation to the role (in the hole as in this case) you play in a team?

However, i don't blame Rooney for being picked to play in the hole. I only blame the clueless David Moyes who continues to play him in that position when we have a certain Kagawa who was bought to play in that role. Whereas, Rooney himself admitted recently in June that he wasn't a midfielder but a centre-forward right now. He should be slugging it out with RVP and not Kagawa.

Let's now take the stats of the Westbrom match in which both of them played together in this season so far into consideration. You said Kagawa put up "lethargic performance" in that match while Rooney was "decent enof".

We all know that Kagawa had only 45 minutes on the left side of the midfield while Rooney played 90 full minutes from the hole.

According to Opta stats:

Rooney : Successful Passes - 39 out of 49 which is 74%
Kagawa : Successful Passes - 23 out of 27 which is 85%

Rooney : Successful Passes in Attacking Third - 16 out of 24 which is 67%
Kagawa : Successful Passes in Attacking Third - 10 out of 11 which is 91%

Rooney : Chances Created - 1 (long pass from our 18 yard box to the right side of half field)
Kagawa : Chances Created - 2 (two short passes: one in the 18 yard box of Westbrom and another outside the 18 yard box)

With all these, who do you think was more productive and efficient with his passes at their respective positions in the team? This stats also confirmed that if Kagawa is to swap position with Rooney in that game, he would have performed more than Rooney in that position.

His level of performances in the matches he has played is being over-hyped because of the freekicks he has been scoring and the running around he has been doing whereas most of his passes has not productive. I don't have anything against Rooney playing in the team. He can play and he has played on the left side as well in the past. Why can't DM shift him to that position to accommodate him in the team so that when we have free kicks at the edge of the 18 yards box he will always take them.

David Moyes needs to play Kagawa where he will be more productive and efficient to the team. Kagawa needs a run of games for us to see if he can play that position the way he played it in Dortmund. He shouldn't be playing Rooney in the hole in order to prove what is not to him. He doesn't have to sacrifice the progress and success of the team because he wants to keep Rooney.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 11:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
elampiro: Another thing brought me back.

Kagawa played from the left for Japan in the confederation cup. Against slow playing Italy he was marvelous, but against power and fast playing Brazil he was below average and against fast and imposing Mexico he was awful.

And what was Rooney's performance at the last world cup? Even against Algeria.

elampiro:

In the preseason he played in the whole. He was largely uncreative against even Asia teams.

Highly overrated.

Bye.

Don't be ridiculous. We all knew that he wasn't fit to play in preseason. He was only used to generate funds. How else do you say this when he was voted the man of the match in the two games he played.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
Fabville:

I disagree with the bold. Rooney's form in the hole isn't "decent enof" I don't know how you judge his form? Is it by running about and leaving your position of primary responsibility? Or is it by being productive with the passes you make in relation to the role (in the hole as in this case) you play in a team?

However, i don't blame Rooney for being picked to play in the hole. I only blame the clueless David Moyes who continues to play him in that position when we have a certain Kagawa who was bought to play in that role. Whereas, Rooney himself admitted recently in June that he wasn't a midfielder but a centre-forward right now. He should be slugging it out with RVP and not Kagawa.

Let's now take the stats of the Westbrom match in which both of them played together in this season so far into consideration. You said Kagawa put up "lethargic performance" in that match while Rooney was "decent enof".

We all know that Kagawa had only 45 minutes on the left side of the midfield while Rooney played 90 full minutes from the hole.

According to Opta stats:

Rooney : Successful Passes - 39 out of 49 which is 74%
Kagawa : Successful Passes - 23 out of 27 which is 85%

Rooney : Successful Passes in Attacking Third - 16 out of 24 which is 67%
Kagawa : Successful Passes in Attacking Third - 10 out of 11 which is 91%

Rooney : Chances Created - 1 (long pass from our 18 yard box to the right side of half field)
Kagawa : Chances Created - 2 (two short passes: one in the 18 yard box of Westbrom and another outside the 18 yard box)

With all these, who do you think was more productive and efficient with his passes at their respective positions in the team? This stats also confirmed that if Kagawa is to swap position with Rooney in that game, he would have performed more than Rooney in that position.

His level of performances in the matches he has played is being over-hyped because of the freekicks he has been scoring and the running around he has been doing whereas most of his passes has not productive. I don't have anything against Rooney playing in the team. He can play and he has played on the left side as well in the past. Why can't DM shift him to that position to accommodate him in the team so that when we have free kicks at the edge of the 18 yards box he will always take them.

David Moyes needs to play Kagawa where he will be more productive and efficient to the team. Kagawa needs a run of games for us to see if he can play that position the way he played it in Dortmund. He shouldn't be playing Rooney in the hole in order to prove what is not to him. He doesn't have to sacrifice the progress and success of the team because he wants to keep Rooney.
well, i dnt hav much to say. IF KAGAWA PUTS IN SUCH A PERFORMANCE WEN NXT HE IS INCLUDED IN D TEAM, HE WLD SURELY GO BACK TO D BENCH BY GOD'S GRACE!! even if opta says kagawa had a 200% pass completion rate, such performances were definitely not wot attracted man utd to him! wayne rooney might not hav had d best of games dt day, bt considering his overall contribution to d team by taking freekicks, running and scoring( just like u put it), kagawa needs to do a lot more than wot he did that day to even merit consideration for a starting place ahead of rooney
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 12:06am On Oct 04, 2013
dademola: well, i dnt hav much to say. IF KAGAWA PUTS IN SUCH A PERFORMANCE WEN NXT HE IS INCLUDED IN D TEAM, HE WLD SURELY GO BACK TO D BENCH BY GOD'S GRACE!! even if opta says kagawa had a 200% pass completion rate, such performances were definitely not wot attracted man utd to him! wayne rooney might not hav had d best of games dt day, bt considering his overall contribution to d team by taking freekicks, running and scoring( just like u put it), kagawa needs to do a lot more than wot he did that day to even merit consideration for a starting place ahead of rooney

And if Rooney continues to dish out the kind of unproductive and inefficient passes he has been dishing out from that No 10 role and he is continually being played in that position, then Man Utd will continue to suffer until David Moyes is sacked and a sensible coach is hired to do the right thing. Also, we should stop complaining that we are not being creative or not scoring from open play.

What if we don't win a free kick where he can score?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:11am On Oct 04, 2013
Dademola & Elampiro; una just dey clutch straws.
How was Rooney's performance against Algeria #great question#
@Fabville, ur generation will all make Heaven
Dademola, what clear chance has Rooney created for the striker ahead of him since he started playing in the hole? If its all about set-pieces, then van Persie is more than capable or have you forgotten?
Elampiro even said van Persie doesn't join up in building attacks, he just sits in his comfort zone waiting for a pass grin grin grin how don't you get listed for StandUp Nigeria Even Hernandez CAN NO LONGER be accused of that!
Give this guy a full month to play in the hole & let's compare his stats to what Rooney has posted so far, afterall Moyes said he is getting to know the team better abi? I'll advocate same for Fellaini as well.
Its a shame Rooney can't compete with RvP for the lead role upfront, despite some peeps here being deceived by Rooney's run-around town style, RvP is still the go-to man in Manchester United. When the going gets tough, Rooney may huff & huff but RvP can remain quiet, then BANG he scores when he want!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 04, 2013
Fabville:

And if Rooney continues to dish out the kind of unproductive and inefficient passes he has been dishing out from that No 10 role and he is continually being played in that position, then Man Utd will continue to suffer until David Moyes is sacked and a sensible coach is hired to do the right thing. Also, we should stop complaining that we are not being creative or not scoring from open play.

What if we don't win a free kick where he can score?
well, fortunately or unfortunately, he is still our best player at d moment. if kagawa needs dt no10 role, he shuld buckle up!! performances like d one he put up against westbrom wld only edge him closer to moyes...... ON THE BENCH!!! grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 04, 2013
SailorXY: Dademola & Elampiro; una just dey clutch straws.
How was Rooney's performance against Algeria #great question#
@Fabville, ur generation will all make Heaven
Dademola, what clear chance has Rooney created for the striker ahead of him since he started playing in the hole? If its all about set-pieces, then van Persie is more than capable or have you forgotten?
Elampiro even said van Persie doesn't join up in building attacks, he just sits in his comfort zone waiting for a pass grin grin grin how don't you get listed for StandUp Nigeria Even Hernandez CAN NO LONGER be accused of that!
Give this guy a full month to play in the hole & let's compare his stats to what Rooney has posted so far, afterall Moyes said he is getting to know the team better abi? I'll advocate same for Fellaini as well.
Its a shame Rooney can't compete with RvP for the lead role upfront, despite some peeps here being deceived by Rooney's run-around town style, RvP is still the go-to man in Manchester United. When the going gets tough, Rooney may huff & huff but RvP can remain quiet, then BANG he scores when he want!
wayne rooney's all-round performance has been good. he has neva been the "thru-ball" type, yet he has excelled for us over the years. it isnt his fault that d wingers are in poor form, neither is it his fault dt rvp appears to be losing his temper instead of playing football and scoring goals!! rooney is still contributing his own quota in every possible manner bro!!he doesnt even appear to be kagawa's problem, as d later even appears to find it difficult to be named in a match day squad in rooney's absence **referencing d anfield game*. only GOD knws wot moyes is forced to see in that carrington training complex every morning !! grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 1:12am On Oct 04, 2013
dademola: wayne rooney's all-round performance has been good. he has neva been the "thru-ball" type, yet he has excelled for us over the years. it isnt his fault that d wingers are in poor form, neither is it his fault dt rvp appears to be losing his temper instead of playing football and scoring goals!! rooney is still contributing his own quota in every possible manner bro!!he doesnt even appear to be kagawa's problem, as d later even appears to find it difficult to be named in a match day squad in rooney's absence **referencing d anfield game*. only GOD knws wot moyes is forced to see in that carrington training complex every morning !! grin grin

I can't comprehend the bold. Yet he's being played where he needs to be delivering "thru-balls" on regular basis to the striker. Is that not putting a square peg inside a round hole? This is unbelievably coming from a United fan!

He has never "excelled" as a No 10 for Man United as you have said.

As i have said earlier, i won't blame him for being told to play in that position, i'll rather blame David Moyes. If he had succeeded in getting Fabregas, would he have been playing him out of position? If No, where then would he have been playing Rooney?

I am done with this. Good morning.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:44am On Oct 04, 2013
undecided [b][/b]/quote]my ques are ths.... 1. What role Man U purchase Kagawa for? 2. Mou wanted to sign Rooney before the season,which role Mou's aim?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 6:08am On Oct 04, 2013
coogar:

how can it be lower when rooney's pass completion stats in the final third is the poorest in the division. i just showed you ross barkley's stats around the final third....

this isn't even about the personnel around rooney or what not. it's rooney himself that cannot complete a pass. welbeck isn't 10% as good as rooney as a complete player but welbeck's pass completion stats makes rooney look like a pub team player.

we must first improve our passing stats around the edge of the box to create chances from open play. that's where the problem is & rooney is keeping kagawa away from the first team because he's english, not because he's technically better.

just look at all the passes rooney made into the box against west brom. they were all short passes but all of them were failed passes. is this the epitome of a playmaker? when are rooney's fanboys going to admit the fatso is a fraud?
We all know that rooney is not the best of no 10, but he seems to be the best we can offer now(or that suit moyes pattern) because kagawa has not really impressed this season (you know it too) and I don't think those stats you put up about rooney are fair because we played badly in those matches from defence to attack and whenever we play that bad he is usually the only player that takes the game to the opponent. If you can put up his stat against leverkusen as we play well enough that day or liverpool in capital one. Please be sincere, do you think kagawa lack of play time is due to rooney's presence?

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.