Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,838 members, 7,862,750 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:38 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4809) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8870787 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4806) (4807) (4808) (4809) (4810) (4811) (4812) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

Ok o

It is just that I believe Lukaku's scoring ability that I wont argue far. But he needs to improve quickly.

Salah carries the ball from half line with great speed into opposition box like every 5-10 mins, just like Lingard appears to be doing now.
Yeah he needs to improve his stats but the style of play is not helping here and that is my point. If he wasn't contributing to the goals it would have been a problem but someone coming here to ask what Lukaku does in a match or for the team shows ignorance of the game football

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
eph12:

When you wanted to answer the first one you didn't need stories o. Just this second one is causing confusion.

When it comes to goals scored and conceded nko? Or losing at home? grin

Shame even catch u sef shocked

City are unarguably the best in the league, this is a fact which doesn't require indepth analysis.

A cursory glance at their match-day squad, their stats and how they have been playing this season explains why they're superior.

If you assert that Utd whose performances have been below average are the second best team in England this season, then you'll have to explain how. Squad value, general stats or playing style?

Being placed 2nd doesn't justify such claim. Many title winning sides weren't the best sides in the diverse competitions they partook. A good example of this is Chelsea's 2012 UCL winning side.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
funlord:
When United reverted from setting the pace to counter-attacking at speed, Pogba was crucial. That tactic is only achievable when you have a player who is calm in possession, and who can make the correct decision under pressure. His two assists speak for themselves.

The second was sublime. Arsenal had pulled one goal back through Lacazette but the United defence managed to wriggle the ball out to Lukaku. The Belgian held it up well for Lingard, who played in Pogba. The Frenchman proceeded to make a mockery of Koscielny, holding off his international teammate as he rounded him in the box and centred for the unmarked Lingard to score. As the entire stadium, players, fans, managers and staff lost their heads in the moment, Pogba kept his to decide the game. That is the sort of decisive, unique talent United expected – and have benefited from – when they spent £89million on him two summers ago

http://www.football365.com/news/arsenal-1-3-manchester-united-16-conclusions

These are the words of Matt stead...An award winning soccer analyst that earns millions per week writing and analyzing soccer for the u.k's number 1 soccer blog........who sabi you even for benin?
you get time o.
for someone who claims he played football to some level, I'm quite surprised as to how he views the game but then maybe not so surprised when I remember he played his own football in Benin City grin grin grin

na so so laugh I just dey laugh since I read that comment.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
Odunharry:
Oh Lord.. This peop sha and too much criticism.

Is it not the same Pogba that won Europa player of the tournament? Created the most chances for us last season? Or is it his fault people upfront couldn't convert them?

Yes, he didn't play well in some matches, always showboating instead of making a simple pass, but truth is, Pogba was very very important for us last season.

Please help me ask our royal majesty, the king of soccer argument, Shuaibu Amodu's first discovery if that amounts to having a poor season.

After being exposed as dodgy pundits, folks will say anything to avoid swallowing their vomit and eating humble pie.They can't tell you why Pogba is more a effective weapon despite not changing his game, except telling you that last season is different from this.

If you created the most chances in a team for one season, how does that translate to having a poor season?

The dust being yarned here no get part two. If you persist his royal majesty will tell you "you no know ball". And we go dey curse hensbreast and sodiq0l0d0 say dem dey talk rubbish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
Griffon:

City are unarguably the best in the league, this is a fact which doesn't require indepth analysis.

A cursory glance at their match-day squad, their stats and how they have been playing this season explains why they're superior.

If you assert that Utd whose performances have been below average are the second best team in England this season, then you'll have to explain how. Squad value, general stats or playing style?

Being placed 2nd doesn't justify such claim. Many title winning sides weren't the best sides in the diverse competitions they partook. A good example of this is Chelsea's 2012 UCL winning side.
So which team is the second best team in the league?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hello scummies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
eph12:

So which team is the second best team in the league?

Ain't ready for this back and forth. Check my previous rebuttals for your answer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
SailorXY:
you get time o.
for someone who claims he played football to some level, I'm quite surprised as to how he views the game but then maybe not so surprised when I remember he played his own football in Benin City grin grin grin

Played which soccer? Sunday after club shayo league abi inter departmental university champions league? No be so skelemark sef claim say him na cr7 "in his playing days" come say based on his analytical skills make conte go sign one gbef called kryzwozniak wey dey west brom for their own ogogoro team? Say the guy na the world's best DM on current form! The same player wey never enter stadium for almost 2 months now! Coach wey buy am don already collect sack letter? New coach don show still continue dey bench the so called "world's best dm"....na the stick wey dem dey use beat am these days for their thread!

Abeg leave all these iya basira analysts abeg!

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

Did we not lose the midfield war? If not for DDG, we would have been roasted. One granny Assist, plus poor defensive body balance by Koscielny in a battle of muscle na con be say Pogba do play pass Ronaldo and Messi

Kai! Make I hear world there.

To discredit Pogba you actually typed this on a public forum.
Meaning you can't even be objective in your criticism. Fella had two assists in the game and you're calling one "granny assist".
No disrespect but you have a superiority complex problem. You think you know everything better than everyone but you come across as a toddler with soiled smelly diapers smearing everywhere with sh1t.
See what a full grown adult is saying about a player who is crucial to the team's success overall. You insult our collective intelligence with this your Lampese I-too-know attitude.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
David De Gea instructed his agent Jorge Mendes to reject Real Madrid as he is intent on staying at Manchester United, according to reports. The 27-year-old has been one of Madrid’s top targets and came very close to joining the Spanish champions in the summer of 2015 before a faulty fax machine scuppered the move. In July, Jose Mourinho revealed that he had offered De Gea the chance to join Madrid but claimed the Spanish club did not make an offer. El Confidencial claims that when Madrid’s president Jorge Mendes last made an approach to Mendes about De Gea, it was the United goalkeeper who clearly said he wanted to remain at Old Trafford.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/01/david-de-gea-tells-agent-jorge-mendes-he-will-reject-real-madrid-to-stay-at-man-utd-7125701/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/01/david-de-gea-tells-agent-jorge-mendes-he-will-reject-real-madrid-to-stay-at-man-utd-7125701/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
Griffon:

Ain't ready for this back and forth. Check my previous rebuttals for your answer.
You were not specific. You only talked about what united is not. I was expecting to see you state Chelsea arsenal Liverpool or totteham as the second best team. Why is that difficult to state?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KevinDein: 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
got saved by De Gea from what would have been an absolute massacre by Arsenal. Still won't win any cup of importance, again, this season. And y'all would have to make do with the worst type of football in the league (yeah, even West Brom play better footie these days, Pulls isn't there) grin

And that's after spending half a billion pounds grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
SailorXY:
you get time o.

O gawd.. cheesy cheesy cheesy..
see uppercut. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
See what I have been saying

Lukaku plays too far from the opponents post and I can't think of any other striker in the top teams that's asked or forced to play this way. I'm not excusing his misses but if he was having 3-4 of this in a game he would be scoring goals. Lukaku would have scored if he played for arsenal yesterday

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 5:41pm On Dec 03, 2017
So this is the Man city team people are penning down to win champions league. They are not unbeatable to me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
eph12:
See what I have been saying

Lukaku plays too far from the opponents post and I can't think of any other striker in the top teams that's asked or forced to play this way. I'm not excusing his misses but if he was having 3-4 of this in a game he would be scoring goals. Lukaku would have scored if he played for arsenal yesterday

But isn't this because our general play seems to be very particular about defensive play and so it would rather stupid of Lukaku to stay upfront far from the team when we are probably under pressure (and we be in under pressure in a lot of games this season)

westham scores ......chai.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Noah13: 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
CapitalCee:
So this is the Man city team people are penning down to win champions league. They are not unbeatable to me.
Having a real go at them gives you a chance, but this also means you risk being too open.
Let's all hope sterling hasn't got a late special today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
This is looking interesting
Half time at the Etihad.
Man city-0 West Ham United-1.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
Noah13:
Having a real go at them gives you a chance, but this also means you risk being too open.

It's not true, city is an Arsenal hybrid just allow them have the ball and go at them sparingly but with speed from time to time you can get something.
Another thing I noticed is that they are very poor at defending set piece, bigger teams will look to exploit it. They have also lost some momentum of late, Injury to any 2 of Fernadinho, Silva, KDB or Ederson, they might struggle. They have everything going for them at the moments even referee decisions, lots of soft penalties lots of added time when they need it, but they are certainly a very fantastic team no doubt.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
codedguy1:

But isn't this because our general play seems to be very particular about defensive play and so it would rather stupid of Lukaku to stay upfront far from the team when we are probably under pressure (and we be in under pressure in a lot of games this season)

westham scores ......chai.
Exactly! So the team plays defensively and he has to play from the halfway line but expects to score goals with the 1-2 chances he gets when he has never been a pacy player like Salah, Lingard and co. Seriously I don't know any striker that will do well under this condition. He does not have link up play but he has 4 assists already and got the ball rolling for over 3 of our goals. People are not being fair to him and I hope he is rested so Ibra can have a go and we all get to see what he can offer us this season. But from his little cameo i don't see anything special yet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
Noah13:

Those 2last minute goals sterling scored to rescue city still dey haunt me.

never write this city off until the fat ref sings.

They have that Jesus guy on the bench and that guy is as dangerous as they come.

if Moyes can do the unthinkable here to take points off city it will make our game against them even more fierce.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2017
Nothing from me about City until final whistle angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
eph12:

Exactly! So the team plays defensively and he has to play from the halfway line but expects to score goals with the 1-2 chances he gets when he has never been a pacy player like Salah, Lingard and co. Seriously I don't know any striker that will do well under this condition. He does not have link up play but he has 4 assists already and got the ball rolling for over 3 of our goals. People are not being fair to him and I hope he is rested so Ibra can have a go and we all get to see what he can offer us this season. But from his little cameo i don't see anything special yet

well, I am one of those criticising Lukaku, but not even on the scoring part.

why I wrote what I wrote in response to your comment was that because we play in that manner his hold up play and positioning should improve.

if he is on the half way line when we are under pressure and someone comes out with ball his positioning should give that player an option even if he is in the middle, then he needs to learn how to hold the ball to find someone else and then run forward to do damage.

I know Lukaku is doing his best I just think he can do better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
annie74:
I wonder o! I feel United should appeal.. Pogba is important. We need him to play against our noisy neighbours
I feel an appeal won't fly because of the sarcastic applause he gave the official.

Besides it seem the FA is doing their best to send the trophy Man City's way anyway, so they may milk any appeal to instil more punishment!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:28pm On Dec 03, 2017
codedguy1:

well, I am one of those criticising Lukaku, but not even on the scoring part.

why I wrote what I wrote in response to your comment was that because we play in that manner his hold up play and positioning should improve.

if he is on the half way line when we are under pressure and someone comes out with ball his positioning should give that player an option even if he is in the middle, then he needs to learn how to hold the ball to find someone else and then run forward to do damage.

I know Lukaku is doing his best I just think he can do better.
Fair enough
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
GGMU!!!

MANCHESTER UNITED all the way...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
This City don dey run away with the league. Na so danted and capitalc go dey say "look who you dey shout say e go win league" whenever theyre a goal down only for them to turn the game around and secure maximum points.

It's December already folks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 6:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
Leyqute:
This City don dey run away with the league. Na so danted and capitalc go dey say "look who you dey shout say e go win league" whenever theyre a goal down only for them to turn the game around and secure maximum points.

It's December already folks.

Oga look my post again I did not say league. I said champions league. Everything is going well for them in the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
Dantedasz:
This is looking interesting Half time at the Etihad. Man city-0 West Ham United-1.
Don't give space for trolls angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
F**!... City just ruined my Sunday... All these stupid teams!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
dopeJemi:

so this one mean say Lingard do all the work? what of Pogba wey run from outside the box with the ball to the edge of the box, kan still bully defender then pass the ball to lingard? wetin he do? soft work?

Elampiro, you no know ball abeg

If Lingard no carry ball burst some yards and ran into space again to score, Pogba for see ball?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
funlord:

When United reverted from setting the pace to counter-attacking at speed, Pogba was crucial. That tactic is only achievable when you have a player who is calm in possession, and who can make the correct decision under pressure. His two assists speak for themselves.

The second was sublime. Arsenal had pulled one goal back through Lacazette but the United defence managed to wriggle the ball out to Lukaku. The Belgian held it up well for Lingard, who played in Pogba. The Frenchman proceeded to make a mockery of Koscielny, holding off his international teammate as he rounded him in the box and centred for the unmarked Lingard to score. As the entire stadium, players, fans, managers and staff lost their heads in the moment, Pogba kept his to decide the game. That is the sort of decisive, unique talent United expected – and have benefited from – when they spent £89million on him two summers ago

http://www.football365.com/news/arsenal-1-3-manchester-united-16-conclusions

These are the words of Matt stead...An award winning soccer analyst that earns millions per week writing and analyzing soccer for the u.k's number 1 soccer blog........who sabi you even for benin?

Pogba killed two counters at 2-0

My friend and I said, if only it was those days of JS Park having to receive that ball and giving it to on rushing Martial/Lukaku/Lingard.

Pogba took unnecessary second touch backward instead of continuing forward and laying it for Martial to his left or Lingard to his right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4806) (4807) (4808) (4809) (4810) (4811) (4812) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.