Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,824 members, 7,862,711 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:19 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4810) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8870425 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4807) (4808) (4809) (4810) (4811) (4812) (4813) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
eph12:

Yeah he needs to improve his stats but the style of play is not helping here and that is my point. If he wasn't contributing to the goals it would have been a problem but someone coming here to ask what Lukaku does in a match or for the team shows ignorance of the game football

During the City vs West Ham match just now, a non Manchester United fan (he is a Liverpool fan) said the West Ham striker is far better than Lukaku while playing in isolation from his team mates. I just laf because United fans for nairaland no gree understand.

Currently, tired legs Rooney is even doing better than Lukaku in goals per minutes. Is Everton style of play better than ours?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
hoopLA:

To discredit Pogba you actually typed this on a public forum.
Meaning you can't even be objective in your criticism. Fella had two assists in the game and you're calling one "granny assist".
No disrespect but you have a superiority complex problem. You think you know everything better than everyone but you come across as a toddler with soiled smelly diapers smearing everywhere with sh1t.
See what a full grown adult is saying about a player who is crucial to the team's success overall. You insult our collective intelligence with this your Lampese I-too-know attitude.

Just agree say you no know ball and listen to the football intelligentsia.

The first Assist can be given by anyone. I can credit him for the second one for some craft work in it, although mechanical.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
CapitalCee:

It's because ibra is a classy and intelligent oyibo while Lukaku is a jambody striker with a bad first touch and no link up play ( but somehow assisted 5 goals in the league and have a hand in virtually all our goals this season) and he most importantly he is not a fine boy and his is a Belgium who nationalised from lowly subsaharan African country called Congo DR. That's the reason.

So racism is the reason people call Lukaku jambody
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
we can win this man city..they play all attack.
mou seems to play defensive against top 6 teams and then break on the counter(just like chelsea).
I believe we can do it But We'll miss pogba, he can hold onto d ball and carry it forward just like Debryne..Anyhow sha,I pray it favours us cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
eph12:

Exactly! So the team plays defensively and he has to play from the halfway line but expects to score goals with the 1-2 chances he gets when he has never been a pacy player like Salah, Lingard and co. Seriously I don't know any striker that will do well under this condition. He does not have link up play but he has 4 assists already and got the ball rolling for over 3 of our goals. People are not being fair to him and I hope he is rested so Ibra can have a go and we all get to see what he can offer us this season. But from his little cameo i don't see anything special yet

Only issue with Ukaku is the rate at which he misses chances, mou's tactics affect his gameplay quite alright but he should at least try and score the little ones that he sees nah sad, remember the one he missed against Brighton (i think), something that should have been an easy tap-in... with the new analytical stat of expected goals, things like this will be exposed..... hope he improves, that way he can score decisive goals esp in UCL b'cos chances won't flow in easily.

Age has caught up with Ibra, so benching Ukaku for him with this current tactics ain't the best in my opinion except he's gon' be in the hole... and he has a similar issue with not scoring decisive goals (pls no one should mention community shield or EFL Cup, this is Manchester United, not Arsenal or Everton. Thank You. smiley )

Hope Ukaku improves though, can't wait for Dybala sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
CapitalCee:

Oga look my post again I did not say league. I said champions league. Everything is going well for them in the league.

Yeah, right.

Most people are awaiting their downfall though. But they keep winning, scoring last minute goals. Those 3 points are very very important. If after December they are still topping by 5-8 points I'd pen them down for the league. It will be very unlikely for them not to win it.

As for the UCL, I dn't think they've got enough to say they'll win it as they'll clash with good teams along the way. They could meet Bayern Munich and get blasted home and away.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

During the City vs West Ham match just now, a non Manchester United fan (he is a Liverpool fan) said the West Ham striker is far better than Lukaku while playing in isolation from his team mates. I just laf because United fans for nairaland no gree understand.

Currently, tired legs Rooney is even doing better than Lukaku in goals per minutes. Is Everton style of play better than ours?

Lol. Don't mind the football Einsteins here. I wholeheartedly agree with the above post.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2017
If United was winning games by late goals.. People will say they'll soon be found out but now City are in a class of their own.. #endhypocricy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 7:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Only issue with Ukaku is the rate at which he misses chances, mou's tactics affect his gameplay quite alright but he should at least try and score the little ones that he sees nah sad, remember the one he missed against Brighton (i think), something that should have been an easy tap-in... with the new analytical stat of expected goals, things like this will be exposed..... hope he improves, that way he can score decisive goals esp in UCL b'cos chances won't flow in easily.

Age has caught up with Ibra, so benching Ukaku for him with this current tactics ain't the best in my opinion except he's gon' be in the hole... and he has a similar issue with not scoring decisive goals (pls no one should mention community shield or EFL Cup, this is Manchester United, not Arsenal or Everton. Thank You. smiley )

You sabi football. A whole so called top striker that keeps on missing sitters game in game out and some Einstein's here think he is doing fine.

Style of play is a laughable excuse for the man's huge underperformnace.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
Leyqute:

Yeah, right.

Most people are awaiting their downfall though. But they keep winning, scoring last minute goals. Those 3 points are very very important. If after December they are still topping by 5-8 points I'd pen them down for the league. It will be very unlikely for them not to win it.

As for the UCL, I dn't think they've got enough to say they'll win it as they'll clash with good teams along the way. They could meet Bayern Munich and get blasted home and away.

lolz I hope its not this current bayern you're talking about....cos this nayern is dead..their legs are tired..I forsee only psg,Madrid or mayb an English team to stop em...Liverpool mayb
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:30pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

During the City vs West Ham match just now, a non Manchester United fan (he is a Liverpool fan) said the [b]West Ham striker is far better than Lukaku while playing in isolation from his team mates. [/b]I just laf because United fans for nairaland no gree understand.

How be it?

Would thee point out the differences between the way both strikers doth play, O brilliant Elampeinstein?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
slimghost:

Lol. Don't mind the football Einsteins here. I wholeheartedly agree with the above post.

They don't understand. They think I hate Lukaku. I believe Lukaku is a good scorer, but he needs to do some certain things expected of strikers of his calibre.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
kelvinze:
we can win this man city..they play all attack.
mou seems to play defensive against top 6 teams and then break on the counter(just like chelsea).
I believe we can do it But We'll miss pogba, he can hold onto d ball and carry it forward just like Debryne..Anyhow sha,I pray it favours us cry

I find it hard to type this sad...but Lingard will actually be the one to do Pogbas' job since Herrera now looks a bit clueless moving forward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
dubylhover:

lolz I hope its not this current bayern you're talking about....cos this nayern is dead..their legs are tired..I forsee only psg,Madrid or mayb an English team to stop em...Liverpool mayb

grin

Don't mind me jare. They could get beat by any good team in the UCL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

If that your guy dey near me I will tell him that he no know ball

At highlighted, how come Rooney went from underperforming at United to scoring hat tricks at Everton?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
raumdeuter:

So racism is the reason people call Lukaku jambody

No he doesnt look too fanciful to them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
Leyqute:

grin

Don't mind me jare. They could get beat by any good team in the UCL.

but on a more serious note,I've noticed something with peps side,their intensity of play is reducing,and we haven't even entered d 2nd half of the season,I still see us catching up to them provided we don't drop unnecessary points,d fact that they are winning 2 1 for 3 consecutive games with respect to d 5 nd above they were scoring earlier tells something..d crack is there..its just for one team to beat them and d league becomes open...I trust mou to do sth this weekend
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
GloryIsaac:

I hope so too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
Leyqute:

How be it?

Would thee point out the differences between the way both strikers doth play, O brilliant Elampeinstein?

Wtf Brah! grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
Leyqute:

How be it?

This is not rocket science. You can liken the way West ham played today to the way we played yesterday.
Both teams had a player leading the line but real football analysts could see the difference.
Sakho's hold up play and intelligent runs were way way better than our Lukaku's. SIMPLE!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
Leyqute:

How be it?

The way they constantly caused trouble to the defence from long balls. Arsenal defenders, even Watford and other matches just waited for our long balls to comfortably rebuild another attack.

But City today had three men trying to stop one man from breaking from long balls from West Ham defence. They were clearly unsettled and looked like there would soon be a mistake. And this guy had low quality team mates
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2017
the next game will be a bit more difficult without Paul Pogba but I see a win nonetheless.
Eric Bailly should be back, so will Zlatan Ibrahimović. More options are always important.

something like this should work. utilising set pieces will be key.

**********David*********
*Lindelof***Smalling***Rojo*

Valencia*Fellaini*Matic*Young
****Lingard*****Martial****

*********Lukaku**********
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

The way they constantly caused trouble to the defence from long balls. Arsenal defenders, even Watford and other matches just waited for our long balls to comfortably rebuild another attack.

But City today had three men trying to stop one man from breaking from long balls from West Ham defence. They were clearly unsettled and looked like there would soon be a mistake. And this guy had low quality team mates

I have said it here that some peeps do not even understand football. Thanks for this explanation man, I am sure they needed it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neimar: 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
dubylhover:

but on a more serious note,I've noticed something with peps side,their intensity of play is reducing,and we haven't even entered d 2nd half of the season,I still see us catching up to them provided we don't drop unnecessary points,d fact that they are winning 2 1 for 3 consecutive games with respect to d 5 nd above they were scoring earlier tells something..d crack is there..its just for one team to beat them and d league becomes open...I trust mou to do sth this weekend

am a man united fan...man city is going to rape man u...we can only pray for a draw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
eph12:

If that your guy dey near me I will tell him that he no know ball

At highlighted, how come Rooney went from underperforming at United to scoring hat tricks at Everton?

I believe Lukaku is not playing close to his best. Nothing more. Rooney should not even be close to him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I totally agree with you that lukaku should be benched for some weeks for him to rediscover his brain
u no see ur moniker... gerrarahia Mehn..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:
Aguero is doing 87 minutes per goal

Salah 94 mins

Sterling 94 mins

Lukaku 169 minutes

Despite the fact our pattern of play has affected him, this record is very poor.

Elamps people here know that I am not a fan of Lukaku but I think he is suffering from your play pattern

Lukaku, Rashform Martial, Mikitaryan Mata these are your main attacking players, which of them is in form?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
Abeg is it not the same WHM i watched today? What did that guy do in this match? I was even telling my bro that i don't understand how defenders will first a striker to the ball that is meant for the striker. Abeg this einstein guy sef i no understand u o. As in what did Sakho or Ogbona do in this match sef that Lukaku didn't do exactly? Why don't you go and watch the replay to see the balls he won. Abeggi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
eph12:

Maybe, but it should be a problem if the team plays like those of Salah and co. You expect a team to attack poorly and the striker to score with the 1-3 chances he gets every match? Lukaku does not have the speed other strikers have so he shouldn't be far from the box by common sense.

Well said. How many chances does Lukaku get per game compare him to other strikers you will see that he isnt getting service at the level a top team striker should be getting
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
raumdeuter:

Elamps people here know that I am not a fan of Lukaku but I think he is suffering from your play pattern

Lukaku, Rashform Martial, Mikitaryan Mata these are your main attacking players, which of them is in form?

I am not disputing our pattern contributes. Apart from goals, there are other things. It was glaring yesterday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

I believe Lukaku is not playing close to his best. Nothing more. Rooney should not even be close to him.
I want that too for him. That said which of his teammate is playing close to his best except De Gea?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
raumdeuter:

So this explains the sitters he has missed this season and the fact that his holdup play sucks? Even with all the strenght?

Bro, I like calling a spade a spade. Lukaku has a lot of improvements to do. His performance so far is nothing to be happy about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4807) (4808) (4809) (4810) (4811) (4812) (4813) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.