Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,734 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8870652 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4808) (4809) (4810) (4811) (4812) (4813) (4814) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
Arsenal fans can be disgusting airheads I heard a guy say we didn't loss to Man Utd we lost to De Gea like Come here Bruv is your brain Hurt?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
All fair in criticism, I guess we are all entitled to our opinions (as absurd as some can be tho).

PS: Anybody that watched MCI - WHU and said D. Sakho had in any way performed better than Lukaku should be tied and burnt to a stake!!! #Selah

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
elrony:
All fair in criticism, I guess we are all entitled to our opinions (as absurd as some can be tho).

PS: Anybody that watched MCI - WHU and said D. Sakho had in any way performed better than Lukaku should be tied and burnt to a stake!!! #Selah
As in I don't understand if it was the same match I watched. I am still wondering what that slim einstein guy is talking about
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
raumdeuter:

Well said. How many chances does Lukaku get per game compare him to other strikers you will see that he isnt getting service at the level a top team striker should be getting

It is not like the other top scorers have far more Clear cut chances. Lukaku even get more clear cut chances than Salah

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2017

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
CapitalCee:
No he doesnt look too fanciful to them.

I think this is cheap blackmail, Etoo Drogba are actually black Africans born in Africa and are some of the most respected strikers in the past 15yrs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
dubylhover:

but on a more serious note,I've noticed something with peps side,their intensity of play is reducing,and we haven't even entered d 2nd half of the season,I still see us catching up to them provided we don't drop unnecessary points,d fact that they are winning 2 1 for 3 consecutive games with respect to d 5 nd above they were scoring earlier tells something..d crack is there..its just for one team to beat them and d league becomes open...I trust mou to do sth this weekend

You are right. But they've been grinding out the 3 points from a losing position on a consistent basis.

That's why I said they'd be in a good position to win the league if they could keep it up till January.

If they get eliminated early enough from the FA and Carabao cups too they would concentrate better on the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:06pm On Dec 03, 2017
slimghost:
So this explains the sitters he has missed this season and the fact that his holdup play sucks? Even with all the strenght?
Bro, I like calling a spade a spade. Lukaku has a lot of improvements to do. His performance so far is nothing to be happy about.

Has Lukaku missed more sitters than other strikers in the league

Lukaku has weakness in hold up play before he was bought, That wasnt his strenght, Man Utd arent playing to the strnght of their attacking players Giving someone 3 chances a game and expect him to convert doesnt work that way

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2017
dubylhover:

but on a more serious note,I've noticed something with peps side,their intensity of play is reducing,and we haven't even entered d 2nd half of the season,I still see us catching up to them provided we don't drop unnecessary points,d fact that they are winning 2 1 for 3 consecutive games with respect to d 5 nd above they were scoring earlier tells something..d crack is there..its just for one team to beat them and d league becomes open...I trust mou to do sth this weekend

Man Utd is favourite for the league
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2017
I will post player rating analysis from different sites for the benefit of the clowns here who know next to nothing about football.

1. http://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/fixtures-results/man-city-west-ham-adrian-13988949

Diafra Sakho (for Kouyate, 42') - 8
Always offered an outlet throughout his time on the pitch and
looked a real handful for Mangala and Otamendi to deal with.
Didn't really have any clear cut chances of his own but his
work rate was absolutely phenomenal. That was until he
spurned a massive chance in injury time from Arnautovic's
pull-back which would have earned the Hammers a point.

2. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5141507/Manchester-City-2-1-West-Ham-PLAYER-RATINGS.html

Diafra Sakho (for Kouyate, 43) - 6.5
Gave Mangala and Otamendi problems up front.

When I wrote that some people here can't analyse football properly, it was not an insult....just a FACT!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
raumdeuter:

I think this is cheap blackmail, Etoo Drogba are actually black Africans born in Africa and are some of the most respected strikers in the past 15yrs

Like i said he doesnt look a fanciful person to them. Not about being African. Some people are like that, like I so much liked Micheal Owen as a person that i was overjoyed when he joined us in 2009, even though he has past it at that time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 8:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mystic1:
Game will be fast paced, we need a willing runner, Martials not.
You'll make a very terrible coach.. we need willing runners, martial should be bench for two snails? who then will be the willing runner between both?
wetin person no go see for here

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 8:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
raumdeuter:

Has Lukaku missed more sitters than other strikers in the league

Lukaku has weakness in hold up play before he was bought, That wasnt his strenght, Man Utd arent playing to the strnght of their attacking players Giving someone 3 chances a game and expect him to convert doesnt work that way

Yes! he has missed more sitters than the top 6 club strikers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
"I think we were carrying on from Watford and the fact that, when we play, obviously in this system, we can play with two strikers.

"Quite often, they [Arsenal] are only used to playing against one. We put two up front and put them under more pressure and they are not used to that. 

"I think that was one to enjoy, for fans watching the game and for us as players. It was end to end, but for us to get those two early goals, I think, meant Arsenal had to come at us and that’s what made it a very entertaining game."

- CHRIS SMALLING
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
slimghost:

I don't think so. For a start lacazette missed a sitter versus Chelsea while Morata missed one at spurs, This is just from my head. Kane missed 2 versus madrid
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2017

Some players outscoring Lukaku or having his goals region are not even on the list of big chances missed. For instance, Sterling and Rooney.

Harry Kane with 10 goals has only missed 5 clear cut chances.

Salah with 12 goals has only missed 6 Clear cut chances

Pogba with 3 goals has missed 5 clear cut chances.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

It is not like the other top scorers have far more Clear cut chances. Lukaku even get more clear cut chances than Salah

from your stats we can see Aguero, Jesus Morata Lacazette have all missed more chances than Lukaku and these are players in a more attcking setup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by enemyofprogress: 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
chidexxy007:

u no see ur moniker... gerrarahia Mehn..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
slimghost:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6355401_img20171203195343_jpeg0799527170cf4738135247218034d4fb

This is the stat you can argue against this

Aguero Lacazette Morata Jesus are these not top 6 strikers?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
"I think that’s down to our tactical work and us being able to be strong [on the display with 10 men towards the end].

"They probably had about four strikers on the pitch so it was a case of digging in and making sure, even the attacking players, were doing their job and everyone to a man was brilliant.

"I think Watford were going into our game on Tuesday on a great run of form and Arsenal, I don’t think they’ve lost at home like we haven't, so I don’t think we could have asked for anything more. It’s been a great week."

- CHRIS SMALLING
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
CapitalCee:

Like i said he doesnt look a fanciful person to them. Not about being African. Some people are like that, like I so much liked Micheal Owen as a person that i was overjoyed when he joined us in 2009, even though he has past it at that time.

It has nothing to do about his skin but his pattern of play. Kanu is black yet very sleek, Martial is black but I personally rate him ahead of Lukaku while Andy carrol I dont rate much
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

The way they constantly caused trouble to the defence from long balls. Arsenal defenders, even Watford and other matches just waited for our long balls to comfortably rebuild another attack.

But City today had three men trying to stop one man from breaking from long balls from West Ham defence. They were clearly unsettled and looked like there would soon be a mistake. And this guy had low quality team mates

I agree with that and it's one major ish I have with the Belgium star. But it's not a new problem and I've been shouting it for a while now.

Lukaku is tall and strong. I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to bully defenders to win aerial contests. This part of his game really irks me. But there has been some minute improvements though. He needs that belief that he can contest with defenders and knock the ball down for Lingard and Pogba for a quick attack. They should work it out with De Gea, maybe the latter needs to kick the ball in a certain way for him to knock it down more easily.

On Saturday we almost immediately always lost the ball to Arsenal after a goal kick because he couldn't do this for the team. That's why Arsenal kept attacking us for the whole of the 2nd half. If he was more powerful in the air it wouldn't have been so. Ibra of last season won't lose 50% of aerial duels with those Arsenal defenders.

Howevwr, I believe it all boils down to the ninja's belief and mentality. The hardware is there, Utd just need to upgrade the software.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2017
"I think that’s down to our tactical work and us being able to be strong [on the display with 10 men towards the end].

"They probably had about four strikers on the pitch so it was a case of digging in and making sure, even the attacking players, were doing their job and everyone to a man was brilliant.

"I think Watford were going into our game on Tuesday on a great run of form and Arsenal, I don’t think they’ve lost at home like we haven't, so I don’t think we could have asked for anything more. It’s been a great week."

- CHRIS SMALLING
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
raumdeuter:

from your stats we can see Aguero, Jesus Morata Lacazette have all missed more chances than Lukaku and these are players in a more attcking setup

The stats shows that these players and Lukaku get almost same number of Clear cut chances. Lukaku get far more than Kane.

Yet they outscored him.

Initially you guys made it look like these other players get 3X chances Lukaku get. Whoosa! They get the same.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

It is not like the other top scorers have far more Clear cut chances. Lukaku even get more clear-cut chances than Salah
Just one clear cut chance more than Salah. How many goals separate them? If he scores that one clear-cut chance will they be on same goals? Gabriel Jesus as scored more goals than Lukaku, has missed more clear cut chances but with 500 minutes of play less than Lukaku. What does that say about the number of chances he gets per match played? All of the others probably have lesser minutes than Lukaku but have seen more chances than him yet no significant difference in number of goals and assists.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:
The stats shows that these players and Lukaku get almost same number of Clear cut chances. Lukaku get far more than Kane.
Yet they outscored him.
Initially you guys made it look like these other players get 3X chances Lukaku get. Whoosa! They get the same.

Which stats showed that Lukaku get more chances than Kane Aguero Lacazette Morata and others

Lukaku is made to do more work than all these Kane Aguero Lacazette Jesus and Morata. Most of the time they are in the box waiting to pounce whle Lukaku is expected to be in the half way line, on the right wing, on the left wing even in defence
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
Leyqute:

You are right. But they've been grinding out the 3 points from a losing position on a consistent basis.

That's why I said they'd be in a good position to win the league if they could keep it up till January.

If they get eliminated early enough from the FA and Carabao cups too they would concentrate better on the league.

possibly,but I really think their pattern of football this season is reliant on high tempo nd full pressing,but its whether they can sustain that momentum
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
raumdeuter:

It has nothing to do about his skin but his pattern of play. Kanu is black yet very sleek, Martial is black but I personally rate him ahead of Lukaku while Andy carrol I dont rate much

Well anything that makes you feel happy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
eph12:

As in I don't understand if it was the same match I watched. I am still wondering what that slim einstein guy is talking about

grin grin grin

This is funny.

It's true Lukaku lacked in some aspects but I won't castigate him since he's been very helpful for the team despite the fact that the pattern of play and tactics isn't tailored to his strengths.

Doing so would be harsh and unreasonable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
eph12:

Just one clear cut chance more than Salah. How many goals separate them? If he scores that one clear-cut chance will they be on same goals? Gabriel Jesus as scored more goals than Lukaku, has missed more clear cut chances but with 500 minutes of play less than Lukaku. What does that say about the number of chances he gets per match played? All of the others probably have lesser minutes than Lukaku but have seen more chances than him yet no significant difference in number of goals and assists.

See Aguero who people will call one of the best strikers has missed more chances than Lukaku despite being out for a while because of rib injury he got from an accident

DO you guys think if Lukaku was in City to be tapping in goals, he wont have more than the number of goals he has? a top strikers scoring rate is usually about 30% meaning for every 3 clear cut chance they score 1

That means you need to give him more, Not expect him to score 2 out of 2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2017
dubylhover:

possibly,but I really think their pattern of football this season is reliant on high tempo nd full pressing,but its whether they can sustain that momentum

They are showing symptoms of fatigue already. A full house rest during midweek and theyre refreshed for the game against Utd.

If Pep knows how to rotate his squad they'll pull through.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
Romelu Lukaku - 7
Relatively good outlet for United. Linked play well. Does not, currently, look like scoring.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5139725/Arsenal-1-3-Manchester-United-PLAYER-RATINGS-Lingard-9-10.html

Take your L like a boss bro. You tried seriously

(1) (2) (3) ... (4808) (4809) (4810) (4811) (4812) (4813) (4814) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.