Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,101 members, 7,863,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:57 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8874867 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
@Coogar, I only have one identity on nairaland. So stop the false accusation.

However, your stat are mostly ridiculous to me. You always show Rooney crosses and set pieces in charts but you never have showed that of RVP and Young. If Rooney takes 10 set plays and creates one or two goals and some assists, it is better than RVP who takes 5 or 7 without any assist or goals from such set pieces. I won't even mention Young.

You have to balance your analysis. I can always predict you will bring out those comedic charts. I saw somewhere here a while ago where someone used chart to put Chicha above Rooney and RVP. It is also possible to put Chicha above Messi and Ronaldo on national productivity. I guess if some of you guys were to chose an 11 side based on national team performance, chicha will strike ahead of Messi, Ronaldo, RVP, Falcao, Lewandowsky and Aguero.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
dademola: lol

cool cool

Gotchya! tongue grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 7:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
elampiro:

Can you join me for a bottle and some mamaput? Ishewu and Okwobi tins. Oh! We dropped points, no entertainment for now.

Why not...nothing personal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
this elampiro is a double-headed goat...
what nonsense is this tool writing? comparing messi & ronaldo to chicharito is now your weak defense to absolve rooney? how low can you sink on this thread? have you no iota of decorum?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
chamotex:

Why not...nothing personal

Correct.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
nitlad:

cool cool

Gotchya! tongue grin
lol. Y do u think anybody wld wanna create anoda moniker wen nl is a faceless forum already?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 8:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
Quick question guys, who in our backroom staff replaced Rene as our technical coach? Please don't tell me it's Phil Neville

And do you guys feel we would be able to sign marquee players if these dire performances continue?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
My fellow music lovers una no go vex say we no play yesterday! You know say this week na Felabration and band boys go need to perform for Baba. Normal service resumes next week grin grin

Where that ninja wey dey compare Fellaini to Javi Martinez? You think say football na by Afro ni? Didn't you find it odd that a 25/26 year old Belgian with almost 5 years for EPL was not courted by big clubs across Europe? No suprises that the only season Fellaini was above average he was played in behind the striker far away from central midfield were his deficiencies would have been exposed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
chamotex: Quick question guys, who in our backroom staff replaced Rene as our technical coach? Please don't tell me it's Phil Neville

And do you guys feel we would be able to sign marquee players if these dire performances continue?

The rot is setting in but the situation is still salvageable.
Its very likely we wont make top 4 this season and that would be very bad BUT the disaster would be if we miss out on it again next season. Missing out on the champions league 2 years in a row would set us on a slide of liverpudlian proportions.
Now some will say aiming for top 4 is defeatist,well to them i say look at the league table (we are not even in the europa league places).
To answer your question we can still sign marquee players if we pay top dollar for REALISTIC targets in January or at the end of THIS season. However if as time goes on we remain mediocre we would find it more and more difficult to sign world class talent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
chamotex: Quick question guys, who in our backroom staff replaced Rene as our technical coach? Please don't tell me it's Phil Neville

From the looks of it the department has been scrapped considering how we are playing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
afrodoc:

The rot is setting in but the situation is still salvageable.
Its very likely we wont make top 4 this season and that would be very bad BUT the disaster would be if we miss out on it again next season. Missing out on the champions league 2 years in a row would set us on a slide of liverpudlian proportions.
Now some will say aiming for top 4 is defeatist,well to them i say look at the league table (we are not even in the europa league places).
To answer your question we can still sign marquee players if we pay top dollar for REALISTIC targets in January or at the end of THIS season. However if as time goes on we remain mediocre we would find it more and more difficult to sign world class talent.

For me, good management still plays a huge role, we can sign the best players, if they are not utilised corectly with the right formation/tactics we would still struggle in some ways.

Come on we have Chicha, Zaha, Kagawa etc...these players are decent enough and with our current performances they can't even get a game, what does that tell you?

montelik:

From the looks of it the department has been scrapped considering how we are playing.

How can a club like united scrap such a vital role...the mind boggles
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
montelik:

And how has that worked out for England at international competition level? Where is the international success for them playing Rooney furthest forward. Is he not yet to score a WC goal? Hopefully he breaks his duck next summer. grin grin

All jokes aside. Your point is valid, our present midfield necessitates our no.10 to drop deep more often and regularly. But it it was it is, the squad is set, no changing it till summer and this style has delivered titles and success for a while now. Beyond the odd occasions (2-3 game spell), we have never played with 2 largely out and out strikers since the later half of the 01/02 season when it was Ruud and Ole upfront from December till around May. So why all wailing for Rooney to be able to play upfront. Besides if Rooney doesn't want the role of dropping off more often, fine. We have Janujaz, Welbeck, Kagawa, Cleverley who would all not mind doing it. He can then compete with RVP and Chicha for the lead man role.

This rigid 4-4-2 isn't working.
may ur generation never know lack!
apparently, this is the summation of all the hullabaloo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
montelik:

Haha very funny!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
chamotex:

But who is going to run it. Is it Phil Neville in his first significant coaching role or Giggs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 10:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
[size=14pt]I am really pissed at Southampton

if the Saints have hopes of making it to Europe they need to be picking wins at Old Trafford from mid table teams like Man Utd[/size]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 10:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
In 1988 Liverpool won the league by 9 points.
In 1989 Liverpool had the title snatched from their grasp by a last minute goal.
In 1990 Liverpool strolled to yet another league title.
From 1991-2013 Liverpool have failed to win the league title.

In 2011 Manchester United won the league by 9 points.
In 2012 Manchester United had the title snatched from their grasp by a last minute goal.
In 2013 Manchester United strolled to yet another league title.

Liverpool's demise came about when they replaced their successful Scottish manager (Dalglish) with another Scottish manager (Souness).

Manchester United have recently replaced their successful Scottish manager (Ferguson) with another Scottish manager (Moyes).

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
^ ^ ^ you must be a genius with such discoveries undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
chamotex:

For me, good management still plays a huge role, we can sign the best players, if they are not utilised corectly with the right formation/tactics we would still struggle in some ways.

Come on we have Chicha, Zaha, Kagawa etc...these players are decent enough and with our current performances they can't even get a game, what does that tell you?

I completely agree with you that is why i was usually against those who were always quick to criticize SAF team selections and substitutions here. They did not understand how good we had it for years, Fergie was dominating a top league like the EPL with above average players and challenging periodically in Europe also.
We all agree we need a better manager than Moyes but barring a catastrophe of monumental proportions e.g relegation battle, i suspect he will get 2 seasons at least to prove himself. Therefore i don't see any changes in manager mid-season and at the end of this season, however if we can't improve the manager for now at least we can improve the players. With better players he would find it a lil more difficult to mess things up.
PLUS Rio and Giggs need to retire and we should sell off all dead wood e.g Asinine Young,Anderson,Fellaini e.t.c
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 10:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
dayokanu: [size=14pt]I am really pissed at Southampton

if the Saints have hopes of making it to Europe they need to be picking wins at Old Trafford from mid table teams like Man Utd[/size]
dayo hope say you well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
afrodoc:

I completely agree with you that is why i was usually against those who were always quick to criticize SAF team selections and substitutions here. They did not understand how good we had it for years, Fergie was dominating a top league like the EPL with above average players and challenging periodically in Europe also.
We all agree we need a better manager than Moyes but barring a catastrophe of monumental proportions e.g relegation battle, i suspect he will get 2 seasons at least to prove himself. Therefore i don't see any changes in manager mid-season and at the end of this season, however if we can't improve the manager for now at least we can improve the players. With better players he would find it a lil more difficult to mess things up.
PLUS Rio and Giggs need to retire and we should sell off all dead wood e.g Asinine Young,Anderson,Fellaini e.t.c

You are right but do you think any TOP player would want to come to United right now if these lethargic performances continue?
Most didn't even want to come in the summer, what are the chances of them coming now?
We will have to settle for second rate and above average players, that's where my concern is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 10:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
dayokanu: In 1988 Liverpool won the league by 9 points.
In 1989 Liverpool had the title snatched from their grasp by a last minute goal.
In 1990 Liverpool strolled to yet another league title.
From 1991-2013 Liverpool have failed to win the league title.

In 2011 Manchester United won the league by 9 points.
In 2012 Manchester United had the title snatched from their grasp by a last minute goal.
In 2013 Manchester United strolled to yet another league title.

Liverpool's demise came about when they replaced their successful Scottish manager (Dalglish) with another Scottish manager (Souness).

Manchester United have recently replaced their successful Scottish manager (Ferguson) with another Scottish manager (Moyes).

Abeegi. . .

You brought this out last season, and it didn't pan out like before. . .

dayokanu: Here's something cool I picked up from somewhere

'95-'96 Meister: BvB
'97 CL Winner: BvB
'97 Pokal Winner: Stuttgart
'97 Meister: Bayern
'97 teams promoted from 2nd Liga: FCK and Hertha

Here is where it gets interesting:

'11-'12 Meister: BvB
'13 CL will most likely be Bayern vs BvB
'13 Pokal Final: Bayern vs Stuttgart
'13 Meister: Bayern
'13 teams looking likely to be promoted from 2nd Liga: FCK and Hertha

If history freaking repeats itself, then I don't know what I'll do.

www.nairaland.com/526446/bayern-munich-champions-europe/141#15462398

I hope it pans out like before this time around shar. . . cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:29am On Oct 21, 2013
nitlad:

Abeegi. . .

You brought this out last season, and it didn't pan out like before. . .

I hope it pans out like before this time around shar. . . cheesy
cheesy: D
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 21, 2013
coogar:

on 3 occassions, rooney lost the ball at the edge of our box causing the saints to put pressure on our young defence. it then begs the question - what was rooney doing in that part of the pitch when he should be providing service for his arrow head. rooney would be 28 next week & yet he still does not understand his position.

coogar:
i disagree with all the points you highlighted here. rooney is our main problem. i hope he tears his hamstring on both legs & you would see the difference his absence would have on the team. apart from his hit & miss setplays & running around like a chicken, what exactly is rooney's function to this team?
The pro-Rooney camp cannot tell us what exactly it is that makes him our " best" player.
Instead they say van Persie is also " struggling".
A supposed #10 can only make 1 out of 6 telling passes in a game.
Aside from creating imbalance in the squad, he adds nothing positive except dead-rubber goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 21, 2013
dademola: ogaa, if ur hatred for rooney is clouding ur sense of reasoning and logic, too bad for u!! D whole team isnt playing well, and d manager isnt helping matters. Instead of admitting dis fact, u r come here wit unnecessary anti-rooney crusades dt put big question marks over ur understanding of football! Isnt football a team game? Yes, rooney has been poor, bt wot abt oda games dt rooney didnt feature in? Did d team play well in those games? Against liverpool, didnt RVP spend more time grumbling and snapping @ d heels of opponents, instead of playing football? U can hate on rooney all u want! My own be say mk Man utd improve anywichways!!
See this one.
If someone is being paid 250k a week, and keeps delivering rubbish for the club that pays him, you're now telling me he is above criticism?
Ol' boy, go and get laid jare.
It is you that is now Paul Bassey that knows who and who understands football.
Against Liverpool, where was the service to van Persie? Is van Persie now supposed to come and be creating chances for himself?
You are the dullard here, if that is your point of reference.
If you still hold brief for Rooney after that disgraceful performance on Saturday, then I very much doubt your comprehensive abilities.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:11am On Oct 21, 2013
StarBoard:
See this one.
If someone is being paid 250k a week, and keeps delivering rubbish for the club that pays him, you're now telling me he is above criticism?
Ol' boy, go and get laid jare.
It is you that is now Paul Bassey that knows who and who understands football.
Against Liverpool, where was the service to van Persie? Is van Persie now supposed to come and be creating chances for himself?
You are the dullard here, if that is your point of reference.
If you still hold brief for Rooney after that disgraceful performance on Saturday, then I very much doubt your comprehensive abilities.

Hehe starboard don vex!!! You just dey rake since. Guy calm down.

Truth be told it is clear that that the problems of the team is coming from diff depts, coach, players, management etc.

Another truth is that, players seem disjointed in there play, they can't seem to do simple basic things without labouring. Vpersie has been struggling, this is as a result of him not getting the ball and has to fall back to do what he aint suppose to be doing, meanwhile the Rooney who is supposed to be feeding him has also dropped back to assist the midfield that is occupied by slow men like carrick and fellaini.

Rooney seems to have forgotten his primary role, he always drops to the back to start pinging balls all over the place as if that's what will give us the 3points. There is then a vaccum btw midfield and van persie or there is no attacker if VP has also dropped.

Moyes, Rooney and fellaini were disgraceful on saturday. Shikena
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:16am On Oct 21, 2013
I saw that stuff a while ago. Don't associate such permutation with United. We are not Liverpool.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:18am On Oct 21, 2013
StarBoard:

The pro-Rooney camp cannot tell us what exactly it is that makes him our " best" player.
Aside from creating imbalance in the squad, he adds nothing positive except dead-rubber goals.

Anyone saying Rooney has been our best player should go to d asylum.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:35am On Oct 21, 2013
StarBoard:

you know deductive & cognitive reasoning are challenges to some football fans. some people's eyes should be taken from them & given to the people who would make better use of it. how can anyone not see rooney is the problem?

this was rooney's comment...

"Everyone at the club knew where I wanted to play and I think that's why I was disappointed,

I got told to play in midfield and I didn't want to. I just think there had to come a point when, for my own career, I had to be a bit selfish really.

"I actually felt when I played in midfield I did okay, but I didn't want to play there. I've had no problem in the past playing out of position, but I felt I deserved the right to play in my position and that wasn't happening.

"I think, naturally, I was a bit disappointed and maybe that affected some of the games I played. I know myself that last year wasn't my best season but there were times when I was playing in different positions.

"Rooney, who will turn 28 this month, added: ‘David Moyes has come in and he’s playing me up front and I’m enjoying it. If it was the last 10-15 minutes of a game and we were holding on a bit and I got asked to drop in to help see the game out, I’m not saying I’d throw my arms up and not do it.

basically, it's now pretty much impossible to change our formation with rooney on the pitch given that he wants to play as a striker and if moyes wanted to play 3 in the middle for example, he would have to shift rooney to the wing or play him in midfield which would upset rooney(england's golden prince)

so that leaves moyes' hands tied as far as tactical change is concerned. it's not surprising that the two times moyes had shifted us to different formations (4-3-3 and 4-1-4-1) were when rooney wasn't on the pitch. rooney has declared he had to be more selfish, and he is, and it's affecting the team as a whole. that's even discounting kagawa that actually wants to play in the hole but being marginalised by the moyes/rooney dictatorship.

rooney in his stupidity either stays too close to RVP & cut out the midfield completely from linking up the attack or he stays too deep(sometimes deeper than carrick) to link up with his strike partner. moyes seems powerless to do anything about this and we have a striker who doesn't want to play in the hole & help the midfield unless he's begged to play there in the last 15-20 mins of a match!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 21, 2013
coded guy:

Hehe starboard don vex!!! You just dey rake since. Guy calm down.

Truth be told it is clear that that the problems of the team is coming from diff depts, coach, players, management etc.

Another truth is that, players seem disjointed in there play, they can't seem to do simple basic things without labouring. Vpersie has been struggling, this is as a result of him not getting the ball and has to fall back to do what he aint suppose to be doing, meanwhile the Rooney who is supposed to be feeding him has also dropped back to assist the midfield that is occupied by slow men like carrick and fellaini.

Rooney seems to have forgotten his primary role, he always drops to the back to start pinging balls all over the place as if that's what will give us the 3points. There is then a vaccum btw midfield and van persie or there is no attacker if VP has also dropped.

Moyes, Rooney and fellaini were disgraceful on saturday. Shikena

I'm not saying other people have not been poor.
But Rooney's transfer saga has unsettled the squad to the point where he is holding the gun to our heads. This is now manifesting in David Moyes not having the balls to bench him for very under-whelming performances for the better part of a month. Our attack has been stiffled to the point where we hardly create clear-cut chances and make opposing sides fear our ability. Out attacking has slowed down considerably because our supposed #10 cannot deliver telling passes into the vital areas.

coogar and I pointed out that Rooney was giving the ball away in the defensive area on Saturday. WTF is he doing there?
My point and a few others here is that give that #10 role to someone else and let's see if we can get a better service.
We have Kagawa, a player who can do that role, rotting away on the bench because Danger Mouse cannot summon the gall to try it out for fear of angering Lord Rooney.
Instead of people to see it from that angle, they are comparing him to Robin van Persie who has managed to create something out of the scraps being fed to him by the likes of Rooney with his senseless play. 4 goals in 7 appearances, yet people are calling the Liverpool game.
On top of it, he is unashamedly pocketing 250k a week for rubbish displays like Saturday, yet gullible twunts accuse me of blind hatred.

The fact of the matter is that, like it or not, Rooney is impeding our forward play. The sooner we accept that fact, the better for us all.

He doesn't do anything in particular very well. Huffs these rubbish diagonal passes, but cannot time runs of his teammates to deliver the forward pass, cannot score from 4 yards on two occasions in the same Southampton game, hardly tracks back defensively,loses possession so carelessly. . .so why is he being paid the huge sum weekly?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 21, 2013
We wanted to buy Rooney but you refused to sell.

Now you are shouting and chatting shittt.

Thank God we didnt even sign him sef, cant wait for Lukaku to come back.

Meanwhile @Starboard what is a Twunt?

Is that a merger of Twwatt and Cunnt?

What kind of extra large Vajayjay can only be described by merging two words for it? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:58am On Oct 21, 2013
I didn't want to comment at all. But Starboard, how do you expect anyone to take your comments with fairness after you stated that Rooney plays too close to the defence for a number 10, and then again you accused him of not tracking back defensively? Even if anyone was to reason with you, you spoilt it by saying Rooney doesn't track back defensively. I don't understand that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: stulp16, Jamiuokolla and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.