Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,363 members, 7,836,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8794609 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 7:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
montelik:

ROTFLMAO.

SAF knew he was talented and hard working manager who would grow into the job. He would be inheriting a solid structure with everything in place and all had to do was tweak things here and there, while navigating the ship and then slowly building his own legacy and growing into the role. Ultimate Stability.

Unfortunately Moyes decided to take a slightly riskier path, letting go of the multiple title winning backroom staff as well as other in certain departments, disagreeing with the existing United summer transfer targets (Strootman, Thiago e.t.c) and instead trying to identify his own signings, with only a 2 month window to work in and barely a month on the job, as well as a brand new amateur as CEO.

Moyes has not followed the blue print SAF, Sir Bobby and co imagined. Its his right to do it his own way and United (Glazers and co) won't force his hand, but he has clearly underestimated the pressure and nature of this job by taking too many unnecessary risks and now with the results not coming, the pressure has become even more. His mettle is going to be tested a lot earlier than he may have thought.

Bros, it is not funny ke, you know, we can't influence their decisions, so whatever, it is the results that will show them the way, and thank God I no get debt wey I dey use man utd to service, I no dey play 'tete' like that, so na dem sabi, I don close shop for this season, till next season bros. Make una dey enjoy una Moyes and his average players o.

At least my stance is better than 'porting' to another club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 7:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
dayokanu: See as dem dey drimble Failaini anyhow
dat one na waste of money and minus one in the team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
larride:
Fellaini shouldn't have started the second half, Fellaini makes Cleverly looks like zidane today.

Read a comment, that the best thing to happen to Tom C's standing with United fans is the signing of Fellaini. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
On the plus Adnan is looking like a real gem. Once Giggs retires this seasons end, he should take the no. 11. Hopefully that means he stay here for his best years, no no.7 jersey so he doesn't leave prematurely like the previous occupants of the no. 7 jersey.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
God help us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Katsumoto: 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 19, 2013
nitrogen: Oloshi ni Moyes jare, I don tire to dey abuse am sef, very senseless manager.

Fergie too fvcked up, why Moyes, this time last season or so, correct coaches were eager to take over only for that one silly kinsman abi na countryman to takeover, also, he was buying useless players like young, valencia, and giving clueless welbeck chance to play in the first team. What about Morrisson, Pogba, he sold them off, other top clubs were buying from fellow top clubs, he was buying from wigan, fulham, etc. Rubbish!

Anyway, I don loose hope (this season), if them like, make dem sack moyes, na dem sabi, no be me dey service debt. undecided angry
Egbon dey para oooooo, In United we stand!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
Possession
Man Utd 46% Southampton 54%

Shots
Man Utd 12. Southampton 18

Shots on target
Man Utd 5 Southampton 7

Corners
Man Utd 4 Southampton 4

Fouls
Man Utd 10 Southampton 19

This is appalling and sickening.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
superstar1: If we are to make CL at all, Fergie needs to come of retirement.

Not making CL after all will be a blessing. The Glazers and Woodward we see the need to buy quality players. At this rate, all those commercial rights will start drying up and they will realise the need to pump money into the team urgently instead of being out rightly stingy or siphoning it into other things. Come to think of it, which quality player wants to play for Moyes?

Moyes has never been, is not and will never be a successful coach. He is too mediocre for a team like man Utd. Sincerely, Fergie needs to be questioned over his choice. His "parapo" mentality put us into this mess. He had every opportunity to get Pep for us but he preferred someone from his village.
The only way Fergie can appease me is for him to come out of retirement like Scholes and save the season ASAP. He should also be blamed for the mediocre players he bought into that team.

Not making d CL will be d worst thing that can eva happen to us.

As it stands moyes is having difficulties in convincing stars 2 join. U nw still wan2 remove d lure of champions league?? Lol. Den na liverpool version 2 we go become.

Anytin wey make us miss champions league. Ehn. Na miracle we go need 2 go back 2 being a big team.

Dis tin nr go complete if I neva curse moyes.

*sighs. No nid 2 even stress my fingers n keypad. He s nt worth it angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:58pm On Oct 19, 2013
coogar: another assist from ravel morrison - i'd rather have him than rooney at the moment.

We've Janu n Kagawa for d@ hole. If DM had got some hatred for Kagawa, then Janu should take d@ position. He created more goal scoring chances 2day than Rooney has done in d last 3 games. Rooney was jus busy shi.tin d whole place.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
3 things that need to happen now.

1. Fellaini should go get the surgery on wrist done now. He is not ready to start in central midfield for United at all, particularly a 2 man middle partnering Carrcik. Let him get the surgery done and have more time to get up to speed away from the spotlight.

2. Play a stable back 5. DDG, Evra and Rafa are starters. Get a center back pairing and stick to it. I favor Smalling, Vidic.

3. Realise that we will concede soft goals as our backline is in flux. So therefore emphasis most be placed on controlling the game and keeping the opposition on the back foot and wary as much as possible, while giving room for error.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:06pm On Oct 19, 2013
where's ibime?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by meracool(m): 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
I think there is A Conspiracy In the Team I think the players are Not happy with the Manager........ Even Van Persie is complaining about the trining to be too Strainious........ David Moyes is Also Afraid of Rooney....... I pity My Dear Manutd Team...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 9:43pm On Oct 19, 2013
Just can't stop thinking where Moyes got it wrong. Think his greatest mistake was sacking the backroom staff. Those his assistants can't even assist him to get the milk cup taklkless of EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
meracool: I think there is A Conspiracy In the Team I think the players are Not happy with the Manager........ Even Van Persie is complaining about the trining to be too Strainious........ David Moyes is Also Afraid of Rooney....... I pity My Dear Manutd Team...
i hink i agree with you on this,i think there is conspiracy theory ssomewhere,whatever happens,they should sort out themselves,i cant afford to see Man United out of top 4,never.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
superstar1: Just can't stop thinking where Moyes got it wrong. Think his greatest mistake was sacking the backroom staff. Those his assistants can't even assist him to get the milk cup taklkless of EPL.
sure he made a very biiiiiiiiiig mistake sacking those people
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
for the first time in a long long time, I was not in front of a TV set when I knew a Man United's game was on & I didn't feel like I was missing something! So we still no win?? Thank God say I do some more important stuff with my life...
Ehen I hear say na Rooney score grin no need sef to ask cuz I sure say no be from open play! Chaaaaaaaiiiii *in Timaya's voice*
Make I read some match report first, I dey come
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 19, 2013
E don tey wey we win FA cup!! If moyes decided to channel our resources towards dt trophy(and we win it) ,coupled wif a top 4 finish, d season my not be as disastrous as it seems atm. He can then build on that platform nxt season!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
dayokanu:

if Manure had handled business na only Barcelona and Galatasaray I for dey await now out of the 12
barca draw o..me I tire for moyes o..) I'm no dey put. Kagawa for match sef
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:20am On Oct 20, 2013
superstar1: When some of us saw the handwriting on the wall that Moyes is a disater, some people were abusing us here.

I don sign out.
I was accused if overreacting.
Someone called me two-faced and a pu.ssy because I refused a bet about United winning the league.
We saw this when Moyes played for a draw vs a Chelsea side that came to OT and started without a striker leaving Torres and Lukaku on the bench.
We saw this when he kept leaving match winners on the bench game after game.
We saw this over the summer when he started chasing unrealistic targets and settling for Everton players as his top targets, paying over the odds for a distinctly average player due to his indecision.
We saw this when he started deploying odd tactics like 4-4-2 in the Manchester Derby.
We saw this when he refused to bench an underperforming Rooney who hoodwinked gullible simpletons with meaningless diagonal passes, goals on international duty and set-pieces.
I hope the ones who called us names are happy where they are.
11 from 8 is validation that thus man dies not know how to manage a top level side. But do we know anything.
We've seen him take 1 from 9 vs contending sides. Someone expected the rest of the EPL to roll over and die. I said activity over the summer has toughened the supposed lesser teams. I was called names.
Now West Brom and Southampton have taken points from us at fortress OT while a teenager had to rescue us from defeat at bottom-placed Sunderland and we needed a debatable penalty to break down Crystal Palace. The fellow who was calling me names and using Arsenal as reference has seen them easily dispose of this same lower opposition with consummate ease.
Make we dey look.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:30am On Oct 20, 2013
montelik:
3 things that need to happen now.

1. Fellaini should go get the surgery on wrist done now. He is not ready to start in central midfield for United at all, particularly a 2 man middle partnering Carrcik. Let him get the surgery done and have more time to get up to speed away from the spotlight.

2. Play a stable back 5. DDG, Evra and Rafa are starters. Get a center back pairing and stick to it. I favor Smalling, Vidic.

3. Realise that we will concede soft goals as our backline is in flux. So therefore emphasis most be placed on controlling the game and keeping the opposition on the back foot and wary as much as possible, while giving room for error.

On point 1, Fellaini cant cut it, simple.
No amount of surgery will transform him from the distinctly average player unfit to play for United even in training.
On point 2, maybe youre right but i think that Fergie used to rotate these players as well so I think there is a deficit in Moyes' defensive methods.See the soft goals we keep conceding. When last did we keep a clean sheet?
That dovetails into point 3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:35am On Oct 20, 2013
I hope the pro-Rooney camp is happy with their man.
I wish he had been sold.
But I hope elampiro and that blunted Jamaica wanna-be ganja man BinghiNya are content with their selfish idol who wants the spotlight to be all about him.
Jealous little bitch cannot stand the fact that van Persie is head and shoulders above him.
I blame ball-less Moyes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:41am On Oct 20, 2013
dademola: E don tey wey we win FA cup!! If moyes decided to channel our resources towards dt trophy(and we win it) ,coupled wif a top 4 finish, d season my not be as disastrous as it seems atm. He can then build on that platform nxt season!!
So he cannot beat the likes of West brom and Southampton at home yet you expect him to win the FA Cup.
Its peeps like you who refuse to wake up and smell the coffee that lampooned us for telling you how poor Moyes is.
Keep hoping.
He has the tools to build at his disposal and you are already looking towards next season.
Next excuse?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:19am On Oct 20, 2013
Starboard killed it!

This sh1t, we will continue to sniff, that's the fact. Imagine just two points againt two lesser teams (wey arsenal, even his formerside will beat mercilessly) right at old trafford!

You know, I have been `fvcking` Moyes since he got to OT, and I will continue to, even if he wins the champions league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 5:52am On Oct 20, 2013
StarBoard: I hope the pro-Rooney camp is happy with their man.
I wish he had been sold.
But I hope elampiro and that blunted Jamaica wanna-be ganja man BinghiNya are content with their selfish idol who wants the spotlight to be all about him.
Jealous little bitch cannot stand the fact that van Persie is head and shoulders above him.
I blame ball-less Moyes.
What has rooney got to do with how poor we have been playing? I think you all are just obsessed with him and trying to make him the scapegoat, but any reasonable and unbias observer will know that it is beyond rooney, van persie has been poorer than rooney this season and i have not seen anyone condemn him, even for once. Even when they both switch position, it is rooney that get the stick for lack of creativity.
We are on a looong thing with moyes, I have always thought he will come good with time but with what I saw yesterday, the guy is too average to manage a side like united and he is going to drag us down the liverpool style if something is not done quickly, how can we have creative players sitting on the bench and we are strugling, the changes were so bad yesterday, we had that match in our hand and we could have scored the second before those changes, even though we were not too impressive. There is nothing moyes can do to impress me again, why freezing out some good players? Kagawa, zaha and chicharito on my mind. #moyesout#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 20, 2013
nitrogen: Starboard killed it!

This sh1t, we will continue to sniff, that's the fact. Imagine just two points againt two lesser teams (wey arsenal, even his formerside will beat mercilessly) right at old trafford!

You know, I have been `fvcking` Moyes since he got to OT, and I will continue to, even if he wins the champions league.
A man who spent a decade and a year at Everton whose only achievementwas an FA Cup final appearance cannot be suitable to coach perennial champion side like United. Its not rocket science.
Even when Fergie was hired, his CV from Aberdeen was impressive. People point out the fact that it took him 4 seasons to land his first trophy, but he was always going to get it right because he knew how to win trophies.
This one will never get it right because of his local simpletonian approach. Does he know how to win a trophy in a tournament?
Ask the Everton fan if they are happy with where they are and whom they have hired.
That should tell you their true feelings about David Moyes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:58am On Oct 20, 2013
StarBoard:
A man who spent a decade and a year at Everton whose only achievementwas an FA Cup final appearance cannot be suitable to coach perennial champion side like United. Its not rocket science.
Even when Fergie was hired, his CV from Aberdeen was impressive. People point out the fact that it took him 4 seasons to land his first trophy, but he was always going to get it right because he knew how to win trophies.
This one will never get it right because of his local simpletonian approach. Does he know how to win a trophy in a tournament?
Ask the Everton fan if they are happy with where they are and whom they have hired.
That should tell you their true feelings about David Moyes.

My bro d tin tire me o! D man is full of mediocrity. Even if we've Messi n CR7, he would still remove them if we're leading by 1-0. He's poo!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:07am On Oct 20, 2013
Abeg, i can't see fanzone on MU web after yesterday game. Or they've removed it. Wanted to see where bashing of Moyes is taking place.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 20, 2013
chrisley024: Abeg, i can't see fanzone on MU web after yesterday game. Or they've removed it. Wanted to see where bashing of Moyes is taking place.
How will they leave it?
Probably the site crashed.
Enough stroking for mediocrity Moyes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 8:02am On Oct 20, 2013
StarBoard: I hope the pro-Rooney camp is happy with their man.
I wish he had been sold.
I blame ball-less Moyes.
you are suffering from brain clot. All you plastic man u fans pointing fingers at the best player you have, you got your nani and what did you play, van persie scored and so what? What did. Vp do in that match. Sell rooney to a rival if you think he is the one spoiling the team, rooney this rooney that, rooney is better than all the players here, nani was and will remain an idiot, tell me 3 consistent matches he has played for the red devils, all of una small for me to tackle I am not a crowd follower. Moyes is a consumate fool for using giggs at the detriment of ando. Clev et al. Time will tell. Starboard you have sawdust as your grey matter, you are dejo wannabe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 8:16am On Oct 20, 2013
n0m0705:
What has rooney got to do with how poor we have been playing? I think you all are just obsessed with him and trying to make him the scapegoat, but any reasonable and unbias observer will know that it is beyond rooney, van persie has been poorer than rooney this season and i have not seen anyone condemn him, even for once. Even when they both switch position, it is rooney that get the stick for lack of creativity.
We are on a looong thing with moyes, I have always thought he will come good with time but with what I saw yesterday, the guy is too average to manage a side like united and he is going to drag us down the liverpool style if something is not done quickly, how can we have creative players sitting on the bench and we are strugling, the changes were so bad yesterday, we had that match in our hand and we could have scored the second before those changes, even though we were not too impressive. There is nothing moyes can do to impress me again, why freezing out some good players? Kagawa, zaha and chicharito on my mind. #moyesout#
thanks my guy, you are not fickle minded like the anti rooney fans here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:28am On Oct 20, 2013
BinghiNya: you are suffering from brain clot. All you plastic man u fans pointing fingers at the best player you have, you got your nani and what did you play, van persie scored and so what? What did. Vp do in that match. Sell rooney to a rival if you think he is the one spoiling the team, rooney this rooney that, rooney is better than all the players here, nani was and will remain an idiot, tell me 3 consistent matches he has played for the red devils, all of una small for me to tackle I am not a crowd follower. Moyes is a consumate fool for using giggs at the detriment of ando. Clev et al. Time will tell. Starboard you have sawdust as your grey matter, you are dejo wannabe

U must then be a Rooney follower to say he has been our best player or maybe u're talking of his past yrs little achievement.

The fact remains d@ from I've seen in d past 3 games, he's overrated for d pay he takes from United.
Unless u're now using Nani as his yardstick?.

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.