Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,479 members, 7,861,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:16 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8865619 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 2:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
Was I harsh or hating on Rooney? I spoke the absolute truth. He failed to hit target after being put through one on one with the goalie, after which RVP pounced on the rebound, dealing with the gk and last defender and finishing with precision. Fact.

After a strong run by Nani and smart play by Rooney to come short from the 6 yard box to receive the drilled cut back, he promptly blasts the ball up, up and up against the cross bar. A position from which any striker should be calmly picking his spot to at least work the keeper, not putting his laces through the ball. RVP had similar opportunity from an less ideal pass and less room, yet he still managed to work the keeper. Rooney has had a good number of chances to score from open play for United in the EPL this season and he has somehow managed to not convert them. Fact

Rooney was still losing possession a lot like he has done in the last 2 games and this time he was doing it closer to his own goal. It wasn't hating but fact. If Moyes was trying to bring on a player to calm things down and see out the game, why take off the one player who was threatening the saints as they started to play with a much higher line. Surely if he was so timid, it would have made more sense to switch from the rigid 4-4-2 we were trying and sacrifice one of the strikers for another midfielder. Now considering Rooney's struggles during the game, as well as as the fact that he had been heavily involved during the internationals WC qualifiers. Why shouldn't he be the player taken off in other for us to solidify and see out the game.

I spoke the truth and it has nothing to do with hating or otherwise. Since the window closed, have you seen me engaging in discussions to rubbish this or that player. Its time to get on with it with the squad we have like it or not. But I will not hesitate to point out player failings, particularly if it is beginning to look like they are getting undue special treatment and are not delivering on the reasonable expectation given to them. Be that Rooney, RVP, Carrick, DDG or whomever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
Purist:

lmao, are you serious?? You've been on Nairaland for 8 years and you still don't know how the spambot works. smh. grin

I don't want to call him an illiterate because I'm sure he isn't.
Like I said earlier, no point repeating myself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 2:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
nitrogen: Why na, you guys don't need this, stop the insults, these guys are enjoying their lives in Manchester at the moment, they don't care and know we exist, Cleverly and Rafeal (kiddies) has got bahd cars (each worth over 15m naira) in their garages, and we are fighting ourselves here. Please forget and stop divulging sensitive infos (if really sensitive). E don do o.

Like I said, the clubs owners will loose at long run, the decision is theirs, no be me use Man utd as collateral.

Thanks.
I am not cowed by people pasting info about me on social media three degrees aint a joke from 3 standard citadels of learning some of the dolts never completed their studies, what I know thay don't know. Rooney should be let alone, the team is underperforming no thanks to Gollum
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
dademola: i hav no problems wif an underperforming player being sent to d bench! Rooney is underperforming, and i wnt mind him being benched if it wld make d team better, bt for christ sake, stop making it sound as if he is d only one!! Rvp is struggling too, bt nobody is saying anyfn about it. even If rooney is replaced wif messi in dt team, d team wld still struggle if most of d players dnt up der performances/if d manager remains clueless!!
I don't believe RvP is struggling @ all, he look frustrated cuz there is almost no service for him. Hernandez also struggled to make decent attempts on goal cuz of the same reasons, yet we all know these are guys who bury 80% of their chances if services are available. I'll be frustrated too if I'm in their shoes.
I also agree Moyes has been panties so far, hence he keep playing Rooney behind the striker & we know there is little that can be done from the wings. We should tweak where we have options #simples
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
montelik: Was I harsh or hating on Rooney? I spoke the absolute truth. He failed to hit target after being put through one on one with the goalie, after which RVP pounced on the rebound, dealing with the gk and last defender and finishing with precision. Fact.

After a strong run by Nani and smart play by Rooney to come short from the 6 yard box to receive the drilled cut back, he promptly blasts the ball up, up and up against the cross bar. A position from which any striker should be calmly picking his spot to at least work the keeper, not putting his laces through the ball. RVP had similar opportunity from an less ideal pass and less room, yet he still managed to work the keeper. Rooney has had a good number of chances to score from open play for United in the EPL this season and he has somehow managed to not convert them. Fact

Rooney was still losing possession a lot like he has done in the last 2 games and this time he was doing it closer to his own goal. It wasn't hating but fact. If Moyes was trying to bring on a player to calm things down and see out the game, why take off the one player who was threatening the saints as they started to play with a much higher line. Surely if he was so timid, it would have made more sense to switch from the rigid 4-4-2 we were trying and sacrifice one of the strikers for another midfielder. Now considering Rooney's struggles during the game, as well as as the fact that he had been heavily involved during the internationals WC qualifiers. Why shouldn't he be the player taken off in other for us to solidify and see out the game.

I spoke the truth and it has nothing to do with hating or otherwise. Since the window closed, have you seen me engaging in discussions to rubbish this or that player. Its time to get on with it with the squad we have like it or not. But I will not hesitate to point out player failings, particularly if it is beginning to look like they are getting undue special treatment and are not delivering on the reasonable expectation given to them. Be that Rooney, RVP, Carrick, DDG or whomever.

The main concern here is that things might get even worse before it gets better.
Over 10 games in charge now and it seems that DM doesn't exactly know the roots of our problem so how can it be fixed any time soon.
We can not keep doing the same things and expect different results.

1) Our wingers have been in their worst form since Giggs started shagging his brother's wife

2) These days we just might be one of the worst teams without the ball, we just allow teams to play, no structure, no pattern of play and we never press the ball high up the pitch.

3) The transition from defence to attack is as slow as molasses in January

4) Counter-attacking is zilch

5) I'm not sure whether DM under-estimated how crap our CM is or he just felt he could do something miraculous with it.

6) DM's mindset of trying not to lose or to contain is affecting our chances of winning.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pogba just scored
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
SailorXY:
I don't believe RvP is struggling @ all, he look frustrated cuz there is almost no service for him. Hernandez also struggled to make decent attempts on goal cuz of the same reasons, yet we all know these are guys who bury 80% of their chances if services are available. I'll be frustrated too if I'm in their shoes.
I also agree Moyes has been panties so far, hence he keep playing Rooney behind the striker & we know there is little that can be done from the wings. We should tweak where we have options #simples
aha! U say RVP aint struggling! Does he look an inch like the player he was last season? Was last season's wingplay any better than d one we hav atm, or was it dt last season, RVP was scoring cos through balls were being threaded to his path? Bros, most of d players r below par, and d manager is clueless as to d tactics(dts if he has any) and subsititutions dt will swing games in our favour!#simples#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
chamotex:

The main concern here is that things might get even worse before it gets better.
Over 10 games in charge now and it seems that DM doesn't exactly know the roots of our problem so how can it be fixed any time soon.

1) Our wingers have been in their worst form since Giggs started shagging his brother's wife

2) These days we just might be one of the worst teams without the ball, we just allow teams to play, no structure, no pattern of play and we never press the ball high up the pitch.

5) I'm not sure whether DM under-estimated how crap our CM is or he just felt he could do something miraculous with it.

6) DM's mindset of trying not to lose or to contain is affecting our chances of winning.
shikena
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
StarBoard:
On point 1, Fellaini cant cut it, simple.
No amount of surgery will transform him from the distinctly average player unfit to play for United even in training.
On point 2, maybe youre right but i think that Fergie used to rotate these players as well so I think there is a deficit in Moyes' defensive methods.See the soft goals we keep conceding. When last did we keep a clean sheet?
That dovetails into point 3.

Like it or not he is now the 3rd most expensive signing in our history. There is no way to undo it, so we need to find a way to maximize the return on our investment. I was so against his signing this is what i said on the last day of the window.

https://www.nairaland.com/871307/official-manchester-united-fan-thread/384#17851172
montelik: I would rather no signings, than Fellaini for anything north of £20m. .

But it is done. Now we need to actively hope, pray and work on him in the hope that he will eventually come good. Even it is just as a solid deputy. Make lemonade from lemons.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
chamotex:

i disagree with all the points you highlighted here. rooney is our main problem. i hope he tears his hamstring on both legs & you would see the difference his absence would have on the team. apart from his hit & miss setplays & running around like a chicken, what exactly is rooney's function to this team?

on 3 occassions, rooney lost the ball at the edge of our box causing the saints to put pressure on our young defence. it then begs the question - what was rooney doing in that part of the pitch when he should be providing service for his arrow head. rooney would be 28 next week & yet he still does not understand his position.

the goal we scored was another horrible miss by rooney. one v one with the goalie & he shot tamely at the goalie. thank feck van persie was lurking around to show him how it's supposed to be done.

i ask, what does rooney add to this team? nothing!!! he runs away from his responsibility to sit deep near carrick so he can be credited for aimless hollywood passes. the earlier he gets shifted to the wide area, the better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
coogar:

i disagree with all the points you highlighted here. rooney is our main problem. i hope he tears his hamstring on both legs & you would see the difference his absence would have on the team. apart from his hit & miss setplays & running around like a chicken, what exactly is rooney's function to this team?

on 3 occassions, rooney lost the ball at the edge of our box causing the saints to put pressure on our young defence. it then begs the question - what was rooney doing in that part of the pitch when he should be providing service for his arrow head. rooney would be 28 next week & yet he still does not understand his position.

the goal we scored was another horrible miss by rooney. one v one with the goalie & he shot tamely at the goalie. thank feck van persie was lurking around to show him how it's supposed to be done.

i ask, what does rooney add to this team? nothing!!! he runs away from his responsibility to sit deep near carrick so he can be credited for aimless hollywood passes. the earlier he gets shifted to the wide area, the better.

So if Rooney is the main problem, so why is DM playing him?
In other words DM is the ultimate problem for playing a player who is the 'main' problem isn't it?

Zaha has not had a minute of football yet and our wingers have been stinking up the whole joint.
DM can't motivate these players and is too scared to make the big calls.

My position since day 1 is to try different thngs and let's see if it would work.
If we keep on doing this same things, we are going down south.

DM has to be pro-active rather than re-active. He looks clueless on the touchline to be and I'm still yet to see any sort of tactical nous from him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
chamotex:
So if Rooney is the main problem, so why is DM playing him?
In other words DM is the ultimate problem for playing a player who is the 'main' problem isn't it?

DM has no spinal cord....he doesn't want to upset rooney by shifting him wide. rooney actually stated he wants to play centrally so there's little DM can do tactically if things aren't going our way. rooney is a selfish brat & i think his focus is now for england & the world cup after which he would leave united for PSG. by then, kagawa, zaha & chicharito would have handed in their transfer requests and we would be screwed!

Zaha has not had a minute of football yet and our wingers have been stinking up the whole joint. DM can't motivate these players and is too scared to make the big calls.

nani was our best player yesterday while he was on. he troubled the saints more than any outfield player but your point still stands that we haven't really created from the flanks this season.

and this is why playing through the middle should be our only option left till the wingers get back into form. rooney is frustrating that effort as he's shyte at what he does. unless rooney gets suspended or injured, we would never see kagawa in the hole.

My position since day 1 is to try different thngs and let's see if it would work.
If we keep on doing this same things, we are going down south.

rooney won't let that happen - DM is scared to even shift rooney elsewhere thus limiting his tactical options. rooney is average leading the line & he's below average in the hole.

DM has to be pro-active rather than re-active. He looks clueless on the touchline to be and I'm still yet to see any sort of tactical nous from him

he's the most brainless manager in the league. when he gets the team selection right, he screws it up with daft subs. more often than not, he gets it wrong from the starting line-up.

can anyone explain the giggs substitution last night? smalling coming on? the same moyes said he told the players one goal wasn't enough at half time & his best decision regarding that was to remove nani & rooney to replace them with giggs & smalling?

wow - moyes must be a genius!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
I won't blame Rooney for yesterday. He was poor yesterday along with others (Fellaini, Rafael, Welbeck in particular). But the problems is Moyes is trying too hard to satisfy Rooney. It was clear the 4-4-2 was too rigid. Rooney and RVP were so far upfront and Carrick and Fellaini were sitting so deep. Meanwhile Southampton were playing with a high line and pressing us right from DDG, nullifying Carrick and making Fellaini look like a pub player. Rooney should have dropped deeper to exploit the room left by Wanyama and even Schneiderlin pressing so high up the field. But Moyes is trying to satisfy Rooney's desire to play upfront and yet he can't drop RVP from attack either. We saw the same against Sunderland. Rooney and RVP so high up the pitch and no consistent link btwn attack and midfield. When Adnan drifted from the left into the space behind the front men he scores. We don't have the personnel for a rigid 4-4-2 to satisfy both Rooney and RVP as strikers throughout 90 mins.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
When Rooney plays for England, he doesn't falls deep to the midfield as such as compared to the way he does for United. It goes to tell the weakness of our midfield. With Lampard, Gerald and co, anyone will be comfortable staying in the striking position almost all the time.

Anyone blaming Rooney for missing one on one? Hope they have their memories fresh on recent occurrences.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
Somebody said Pogba had scored. I changed channel to see this Pogba sef. I met score at 2-0 in favour of Juve in the second half. Within minutes and before I could search out Pogba on the pitch, Fiorentina had overran Juve midfield and defence.

As we speak it is 4rentina (4) 2ventus (2).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
montelik: I won't blame Rooney for yesterday. He was poor yesterday along with others (Fellaini, Rafael, Welbeck in particular). But the problems is Moyes is trying too hard to satisfy Rooney. It was clear the 4-4-2 was too rigid. Rooney and RVP were so far upfront and Carrick and Fellaini were sitting so deep. Meanwhile Southampton were playing with a high line and pressing us right from DDG, nullifying Carrick and making Fellaini look like a pub player. Rooney should have dropped deeper to exploit the room left by Wanyama and even Schneiderlin pressing so high up the field. But Moyes is trying to satisfy Rooney's desire to play upfront and yet he can't drop RVP from attack either. We saw the same against Sunderland. Rooney and RVP so high up the pitch and no consistent link btwn attack and midfield. When Adnan drifted from the left into the space behind the front men he scores. We don't have the personnel for a rigid 4-4-2 to satisfy both Rooney and RVP as strikers throughout 90 mins.

you won't blame rooney but....

• rooney was poor yesterday
• rooney should have dropped deeper
• rooney lacks positional discipline
• rooney either plays too far/too close to RVP

let's just admit rooney is shyte & he should never be trusted to play in the hole. we lose creativity with rooney on the pitch. his setplays are hit & miss. only 1 out of his 6 crosses found a united player last night.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
But that is my point Rooney really hasn't been playing in the hole this season. Yes he drop deeps to hit some hollywood passes now and then and also when he gets restless and wants to touch the ball. But so far we have mostly been playing a 4-4-2 with him upfront with RVP. Moyes is trying to placate his demands to play upfront. But with our midfield issues (both wing and center) we need a 2nd striker more willing to drop off more often, not just to help out defensively but to give our midfield who sit so deep options.

The problems is Moyes being too rigid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
montelik: But that is my point Rooney really hasn't been playing in the hole this season. Yes he drop deeps to hit some hollywood passes no and then and also when he gets restless and wants to touch the ball. But so far we have mostly been playing a 4-4-2 with him upfront with RVP. Moyes is trying to placate his demands to play upfront. But with our midfield issues (both wing and center) we need a 2nd striker more willing to drop off more often, not just to help out defensively but to give our midfield who sit so deep options.

The problems is Moyes being too rigid.

and moyes cannot show rooney who's the boss & leave him out of the team? rooney lost the ball 13 times yesterday - how the heck are we going to create anything from such player in the final third.

people say RVP has been poor, where's the service to him? even with the poor service, RVP has scored 4 league goals in 6 starts. rooney on the other hand has been scoring strictly from setplays.

nitrogen: grin grin grin cheesy
All because of Cooger, you joined nairaland?, can I tell you that we're used to Cooger and his correct analysis o. tongue Forget!

my £5 says it's elampiro/nyabinghi disgracing themselves trying to score cheap brownie points. cowards are scared to post with their real monikers. they are all getting destroyed by me & that's a promise!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tapout1: 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
nitrogen: grin grin grin cheesy
All because of Cooger, you joined nairaland?, can I tell you that we're used to Cooger and his correct analysis o. tongue Forget!
and d unfortunate thing is dt, d retardeen in cooger wld actually believe u, not knwing dt u r actually stroking him, and in ur heart, u r actually in awe as to hw IdIOTic and senseless he actually is!! Wot a shame
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
elampiro: When Rooney plays for England, he doesn't falls deep to the midfield as such as compared to the way he does for United. It goes to tell the weakness of our midfield. With Lampard, Gerald and co, anyone will be comfortable staying in the striking position almost all the time.

Anyone blaming Rooney for missing one on one? Hope they have their memories fresh on recent occurrences.

And how has that worked out for England at international competition level? Where is the international success for them playing Rooney furthest forward. Is he not yet to score a WC goal? Hopefully he breaks his duck next summer. grin grin

All jokes aside. Your point is valid, our present midfield necessitates our no.10 to drop deep more often and regularly. But it it was it is, the squad is set, no changing it till summer and this style has delivered titles and success for a while now. Beyond the odd occasions (2-3 game spell), we have never played with 2 largely out and out strikers since the later half of the 01/02 season when it was Ruud and Ole upfront from December till around May. So why all wailing for Rooney to be able to play upfront. Besides if Rooney doesn't want the role of dropping off more often, fine. We have Janujaz, Welbeck, Kagawa, Cleverley who would all not mind doing it. He can then compete with RVP and Chicha for the lead man role.

This rigid 4-4-2 isn't working.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
Moyes backs Rooney to surpass Charlton
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
adebayo201:
Moyes backs Rooney to surpass Charlton

Lol delusion via aśš licking!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
elampiro: Somebody said Pogba had scored. I changed channel to see this Pogba sef. I met score at 2-0 in favour of Juve in the second half. Within minutes and before I could search out Pogba on the pitch, Fiorentina had overran Juve midfield and defence.

As we speak it is 4rentina (4) 2ventus (2).

How does this even make sense to you?
Like how old are you?

All these beer parlour analysts grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
These players really need to help - play a major part to get back the belief!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
tapout1: and d unfortunate thing is dt, d retardeen in cooger wld actually believe u, not knwing dt u r actually stroking him, and in ur heart, u r actually in awe as to hw IdIOTic and senseless he actually is!! Wot a shame

Dademola lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
nitlad:

Dademola lipsrsealed
lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
coogar:

and moyes cannot show rooney who's the boss & leave him out of the team? rooney lost the ball 13 times yesterday - how the heck are we going to create anything from such player in the final third.

people say RVP has been poor, where's the service to him? even with the poor service, RVP has scored 4 league goals in 6 starts. rooney on the other hand has been scoring strictly from setplays.

my £5 says it's elampiro/nyabinghi disgracing themselves trying to score cheap brownie points. cowards are scared to post with their real monikers. they are all getting destroyed by me & that's a promise!
coogar must be a gunman to be feared, may God punish me if I have than a moniker on nairaland
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
chamotex:

How does this even make sense to you?
Like how old are you?

All these beer parlour analysts grin grin grin

Can you join me for a bottle and some mamaput? Ishewu and Okwobi tins. Oh! We dropped points, no entertainment for now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jamiuokolla and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.