Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8730929 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:26am On Oct 27, 2013
elampiro:
I guess too Rooney was the reason Liverpool overpowered our midfield. Rooney left the field against Leverkusen and Southampton and we conceded in both.

A midfield that is bad is bad.

we outplayed liverpool @ anfield - they scored from a corner & de gea didn't have a save to make after then. moyes lost us the game as he didn't make the right subs & the timing of his subs were awful.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:27am On Oct 27, 2013
coogar:

he should have scored from that position - he had a free header. hernandez scored the winner from a similar position.

What! How can you compare Hernadez header from the middle of the goal with keeper already wrong footed to Rooney's tightest of angle header when he had to stretch to his limit after the ball beat a tall defender.

You just hate Rooney for nothing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:30am On Oct 27, 2013
elampiro:

What! How can you compare Hernadez header from the middle of the goal with keeper already wrong footed to Rooney's tightest of angle header when he had to stretch to his limit after the ball beat a tall defender.

grin
confession aiye.....lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:32am On Oct 27, 2013
coogar:

we outplayed liverpool @ anfield - they scored from a corner & de gea didn't have a save to make after then. moyes lost us the game as he didn't make the right subs & the timing of his subs were awful.

All these are lame excuses. The games we could have won that Moyes made mistakes were West Brom and Southampton. Add 1hr to the Liverpool game to 150 minutes, hey would still pocket the 3 points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:32am On Oct 27, 2013
elampiro:

I guess too Rooney was the reason Liverpool overpowered our midfield. Rooney left the field against Leverkusen and Southampton and we conceded in both.

A midfield that is bad is bad.

Until tactics is changed from a rigid 4-4-2 with two slow or inconsistent CM's, our midfield will remain shyten continue to be molested!!! cheesy

I'm still suggesting a 3-man midfield for the time being!!

Or when we get our wingers in pretty good shape a free flowing 3-5-2 should be tried as well..,

#sacrificesHasToBeMade!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:32am On Oct 27, 2013
elampiro:

hernandez didn't score from the middle of the goal, he scored from the far side but he positioned himself well for the cross.....

elampiro, stop lying....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:37am On Oct 27, 2013
Lol chicharito's header was as a result of positioning and technique,same goes to Rooney !!..Begovic wasn't really wrong footed either..the direction on the ball molested him !! grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:41am On Oct 27, 2013
coogar:

hernandez didn't score from the middle of the goal, he scored from the far side but he positioned himself well for the cross.....

elampiro, stop lying....

You are the one who lied. Where was the position of the ball when Chicha headed, then what was the position of the ball when Rooney headed? What was the position of the marker, how close was the obstruction? What was the position of the goalkeeper. What is the amount of stretching from the player who headed?

Put the above into consideration and you will see that even a pregnant woman will score Chicha's header once she was there. Meanwhile, Rooney's goal was the most difficult yesterday- the equalizer 2-2 .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:42am On Oct 27, 2013
elampiro:
All these are lame excuses. The games we could have won that Moyes made mistakes were West Brom and Southampton. Add 1hr to the Liverpool game to 150 minutes, hey would still pocket the 3 points.

post the match stats - possession, territorial advantage, pass completion for both sides, etc. moyes left giggs on the pitch for 73 mins.....we had conceded since the 4th minute & moyes waited & waited before ringing the changes - any smart manager would have hauled off giggs at half time.....

elampiro:

You are the one who lied. Where was the position of the ball when Chicha headed, then what was the position of the ball when Rooney headed? What was the position of the marker, how close was the obstruction? What was the position of the goalkeeper. What is the amount of stretching from the player who headed?

similar position -
this is why hernandez gets goals - he lost his marker....when an aerial view showing hernandez's goal is posted as a gif, i would post it here. hernandez simply made off the ball movements before evra's cross to lose his marker.......rooney had no such poaching instincts & headed across begovic when he should have planted the header down near post.

Put the above into consideration and you will see that even a pregnant woman will score Chicha's header once she was there. Meanwhile, Rooney's goal was the most difficult yesterday- the equalizer 2-2 .

hernandez would have scored the chance rooney missed leading to the first goal. hernandez made that chance for himself - he didn't just get there, he lost his marker.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:45am On Oct 27, 2013
elampiro:

Put the above into consideration and you will [b]see that even a pregnant woman will score Chicha's header [/b]once she was there Meanwhile, Rooney's goal was the most difficult yesterday- the equalizer 2-2 .

The bolded is not entirely true...watch the direction chicha put on d ball...
I can recall some top strikers heading straight to d direction of d GK,or prolly off-target even at dat position!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:47am On Oct 27, 2013
elrony:

I can recall some top strikers heading straight to d direction of d GK,or prolly off-target even at dat position!!

don't mind that joker......
all the crosses(similar ones) that United had put in before hernandez came on the bench were easily cleared by stoke cos none of our strikers had the movement & the ability to fool their markers....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:52am On Oct 27, 2013
coogar:

post the match stats - possession, territorial advantage, pass completion for both sides, etc. moyes left giggs on the pitch for 73 mins.....we had conceded since the 4th minute & moyes waited & waited before ringing the changes - any smart manager would have hauled off giggs at half time.....

similar position -
this is why hernandez gets goals - he lost his marker....when an aerial view showing hernandez's goal is posted as a gif, i would post it here. hernandez simply made off the ball movements before evra's cross to lose his marker.......rooney had no such poaching instincts & headed across begovic when he should have planted the header down near post.

hernandez would have scored the chance rooney missed leading to the first goal. hernandez made that chance for himself - he didn't just get there, he lost his marker.....

Scoring from that position has a odd of 1/9. Even CR7 misses from there. Only on a miracle will anyone beat the Sole goalkeeper from there. Many strikers will only manage to head that ball back into play. Rooney did absolutely well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:57am On Oct 27, 2013
elampiro:

Scoring from that position has a odd of 1/9. Even CR7 misses from there. Only on a miracle will anyone beat the Sole goalkeeper from there. Many strikers will only manage to head that ball back into play. Rooney did absolutely well.

so why didn't rooney head it back into play? if van persie didn't follow-up on the attack, that could have been another wasted chance. scoring from that position is very easy - it's all about technique, direction & power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjMLvpT-YCM

watch from 3.50 and see how hernandez took 2 steps forward & then backwards to lose his marker. he didn't just get to the position to nod. rooney on the other hand stood like a statue expecting the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:57am On Oct 27, 2013
elrony:

Even Hernadez has missed such chances in the past. Chances have probabilities. Whoever thought RVP will miss an empty net from one yard or Messi missed a clear chance yesterday he is known for scoring 9 out of 10.

To me Chicha's goal was cheap. The 18 box was not packed with defenders and the cross was perfect such that there little effort needed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2013
elampiro:

Even Hernadez has missed such chances in the past. Chances have probabilities. Whoever thought RVP will miss an empty net from one yard or Messi missed a clear chance yesterday he is known for scoring 9 out of 10.

To me Chicha's goal was cheap. The 18 box was not packed with defenders and the cross was perfect such that there little effort needed.

it was packed with defenders but hernandez is the master of losing his markers. all those tiny movements he does before the ball gets to him confuse defenders.

i guess this one was cheap too, isn't it?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:04pm On Oct 27, 2013
coogar:

so why didn't rooney head it back into play? if van persie didn't follow-up on the attack, that could have been another wasted chance. scoring from that position is very easy - it's all about technique, direction & power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjMLvpT-YCM

watch from 3.50 and see how hernandez took 2 steps forward & then backwards to lose his marker. he didn't just get to the position to nod. rooney on the other hand stood like a statue expecting the ball.

*** Rooney needed to try his luck from an impossible position. He did excellently well considering the effort and the number of Stoke defenders in the box.

*** Chicha was able to do that because the 18 box was discongested. Rooney was the only player who made a meaningful header or an attempt on Stoke goals when their 18 was congested with tall defenders. Again he scored Stoke from a corner kick. That is like climbing the tallest mountain on earth. You know the name.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
coogar:

it was packed with defenders but hernandez is the master of losing his markers. all those tiny movements he does before the ball gets to him confuse defenders.

i guess this one was cheap too, isn't it?

I can see anything. My phone network is poor at the moment and I am not near my laptop.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
elampiro:
*** Rooney needed to try his luck from an impossible position. He did excellently well considering the effort and the number of Stoke defenders in the box.

he was at the far side - nani isolated him well with the cross & it was a free header. he should have scored or at least head the ball back into play.

*** Chicha was able to do that because the 18 box was discongested. Rooney was the only player who made a meaningful header or an attempt on Stoke goals when their 18 was congested with tall defenders. Again he scored Stoke from a corner kick. That is like climbing the tallest mountain on earth. You know the name.

even in a more congested box, chicha has scored headers by losing his markers. rooney's goal was a fluke - he was only helping the ball to reach the far side where chicha & evans were waiting. he didn't mean to score from there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
elrony: Are we in for another saga

Manchester United are not thought to have offered Wayne Rooney a new contract because they do not want to commit £70m on keeping him at Old Trafford. The 28-year-old striker is believed to be looking for an improvement on his current £250,000-a-week salary and wants a five-year contract.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2477654/THE-FOOTBALL-GRAPEVINE-Wayne-Rooneys-wage-demands-turned-Manchester-United--Rob-Shepherd.html
Rooney holding United by the balls as usual.
And yet people want to exonerate him from the problems at United.
Whether we like it or not, he has a hand in all this.
Much like his saga took away from the side's pre-season, this is likely to introduce more instability. The press are going to get involved, as Rooney uses every available tool to his advantage.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:11pm On Oct 27, 2013
There is nothing you people are showing now or any kind of goal or movement from Chicha and RVP that Rooney has not done. I see nothing special in following up a rebound or lost ones marker. That is what a striker is meant to do.

Go and watch Rooney's best goals on youtube.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:19pm On Oct 27, 2013
elampiro:

Bros u are contradicting urself with the above post...more like shooting urself on the toes!!!

If u call dat goal "cheap"..i 'll take it you just don't know what u are saying!!! wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2013
coogar:

he was at the far side - nani isolated him well with the cross & it was a free header. he should have scored or at least head the ball back into play.

even in a more congested box, chicha has scored headers by losing his markers. rooney's goal was a fluke - he was only helping the ball to reach the far side where chicha & evans were waiting. he didn't mean to score from there.

*** OMG!!! Did I hear that? Rooney's goal was a fluke? I have seen the goals more than six times in DSTV blitz. Rooney knew exactly what he was doing. He looked and directed his header perfectly well.

*** secondly Rooney took the best option in his 1st header. Heading it back into play meant he dashed it to Stoke City. Only a weak striker would have done that- manage to put it back into play any how.

*** I can see you hate Rooney so much that you said his goal was a fluke. Had it been been RVP or Kagawa or Chicha, it would mean they are genius. I give up on you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:22pm On Oct 27, 2013
elampiro: There is nothing you people are showing now or any kind of goal or movement from Chicha and RVP that Rooney has not done. I see nothing special in following up a rebound or lost ones marker. That is what a striker is meant to do.

Go and watch Rooney's best goals on youtube.

hahahaha - how come rooney didn't lose his marker in the first half when nani found him?

elampiro:
*** OMG!!! Did I hear that? Rooney's goal was a fluke? I have seen the goals more than six times in DSTV blitz. Rooney knew exactly what he was doing. He looked and directed his header perfectly well.

he was helping the ball across to where united's players were concentrated. you could tell from his reaction after the ball left his head - he was shocked to see he had scored.

*** secondly Rooney took the best option in his 1st header. Heading it back into play meant he dashed it to Stoke City. Only a weak striker would have done that- manage to put it back into play any how.

best option? best option is letting the goalie save his header when he could have kept the ball in play?

*** I can see you hate Rooney so much that you said his goal was a fluke. Had it been been RVP or Kagawa or Chicha, it would mean they are genius. I give up on you.

i don't hate rooney but he didn't mean to score from there. corner came to him short & he glanced the header towards the direction of evans/chicharito.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
elrony:

Bros u are contradicting urself with the above post...more like shooting urself on the toes!!!

If u call dat goal "cheap"..i 'll take it you just don't know what u are saying!!! wink

There is nothing special in the goals as you people are painting. It was a simple goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:26pm On Oct 27, 2013
StarBoard:
Rooney holding United by the balls as usual.
And yet people want to exonerate him from the problems at United.
Whether we like it or not, he has a hand in all this.
Much like his saga took away from the side's pre-season, this is likely to introduce more instability. The press are going to get involved, as Rooney uses every available tool to his advantage.

More like a Gold digger lol.., grin
If dis contract talk try's to brew internal instability ...the only option is to sell him ASAP !!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:29pm On Oct 27, 2013
elampiro:

There is nothing special in the goals as you people are painting. It was a simple goal.

Brov i never painted any goal as special...I think you should check previous pages where I gave my facts on rooney's n chicha's goal!!

I only rejected ur opinion dat chicha's goal was a cheap one!!!...very absurd!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:31pm On Oct 27, 2013
coogar:

hahahaha - how come rooney didn't lose his marker in the first half when nani found him?

The 18 box was choked and it was the 1st clever header when Stoke were protecting their lead. It was a ball going out of play and Rooney was very intelligent in his steps, jump and timing of the ball better than the Stoke tall defender. It was an extreme job. Many strikers won't have a control of that header. That led to the first goal.

*** if you want to watch lost of marker, go and watch AC Milan Vs Man United 2-3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
elampiro:
The 18 box was choked and it was the 1st clever header when Stoke were protecting their lead. It was a ball going out of play and Rooney was very intelligent in his steps, jump and timing of the ball better than the Stoke tall defender. It was an extreme job. Many strikers won't have a control of that header. That led to the first goal.

*** if you want to watch lost of marker, go and watch AC Milan Vs Man United 2-3.

ball going out of play? nani's cross was going out of play? must you lie, old man?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 12:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
shebi I talk am. he hasn't even thoroughly justified the 250k and now he wants a raise. its a pity cos I believe moyes desperation and lack of stature will lead to talks not working out to our favor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
coogar:

he was helping the ball across to where united's players were concentrated. you could tell from his reaction after the ball left his head - he was shocked to see he had scored.

best option? best option is letting the goalie save his header when he could have kept the ball in play?

i don't hate rooney but he didn't mean to score from there. corner came to him short & he glanced the header towards the direction of evans/chicharito.

From what I saw Rooney clearly headed to the goal. The ball was too high and far to be a pass to Chicha and Evans.

You may as well call his Bicycle kick against Man City a fluke. Infact you could claim that his header that led to RVP's goal was a fluke, he wanted to head it back into play but the ball hit side of his net.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
montelik: shebi I talk am. he hasn't even thoroughly justified the 250k and now he wants a raise. its a pity cos I believe moyes desperation and lack of stature will lead to talks not working out to our favor.

grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2013
coogar:

ball going out of play? nani's cross was going out of play? must you lie, old man?

Now I can see you didn't watch the match. Had Rooney not headed that ball from the last angle, the ball would have gone out the next second.

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Nathz101(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.