Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8732137 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
Madrid just getting so unlucky and ref cheating them badly. Ronaldo won a clear penalty but "play on, play on says the ref". It shud be two penalties sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
elampiro: That means Coogar owes me ......

With this Rooney pass accuracy. I guess his pass accuracy against Sociedad, Lebverkusen and Chelsea shoulld be very high too.

Coogar should buy me a ram.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
The defense put us in hole conceding at the 2 worst times in 1st half (within the 1st 5 mins and then just before halftime immediately after equalizing), serious mental blows. This helped a Stoke side that were never looking to go toe-to-toe with us. It was rather annoying the way the fans at O.T and other mediums were getting on the backs of our players, particularly the forwards. The way Stoke set up, it was never going to be easy to break them down and it was going to require patience. Which to his credit Moyes showed by not getting desperate early and not making stupid subs (keeping the like of Rooney, Kagawa, RVP on the pitch even though they weren't exactly imposing themselves) before eventually gradually increasing the tempo with smart changes after wearing them down.

This performance was like so many we had under SAF, when our patience eventually saw us break down teams and win (e.g against Newcastle at O.T last season, Southamptom away last season).The booing, grumbling and groans were totally unnecessary, unless the were being directed at Smallings, Jones and DDG whom were at fault for the goals conceded.

Well done to all them for digging it out in the end.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
montelik: The defense put us in hole conceding at the 2 worst times in 1st half (within the 1st 5 mins and then just before halftime immediately after equalizing), serious mental blows. This helped a Stoke side that were never looking to go toe-to-toe with us. It was rather annoying the way the fans at O.T and other mediums were getting on the backs of our players, particularly the forwards. The way Stoke set up, it was never going to be easy to break them down and it was going to require patience. Which to his credit Moyes showed by not getting desperate early and not making stupid subs (keeping the like of Rooney, Kagawa, RVP on the pitch even though they weren't exactly imposing themselves) before eventually gradually increasing the tempo with smart changes after wearing them down.

This performance was like so many we had under SAF, when our patience eventually saw us break down teams and win (e.g against Newcastle at O.T last season, Southamptom away last season).The booing, grumbling and groans were totally unnecessary, unless the were being directed at Smallings, Jones and DDG whom were at fault for the goals conceded.

Well done to all them for digging it out in the end.
hw was DDG at fault for d goals??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
Harsh to blame DDG for the free kick.just such an excellent strike. Very flat with lots of power.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
a striker like this can't be overlooked cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:10pm On Oct 26, 2013
On to the next one!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
Phew!!!

Thank God we won. It wasn't an easy one, I'm glad we still have "never give up attitude" at least its not all gloomy for us. We shall continue to rise.

#GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 26, 2013
elampiro:

This is why you guys should know statistics can be deceptive. As it is now, stat will tell us DDG is one of the worst keepers in Europe.
na today?? i wnt be suprised if stats say d "basket" joe hart is better dan DDG this season! undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
2-3 years of consistent injuries have not allowed Smalling or Jones to develop the way they should have. Rafael also suffered the same thing before a run of fitness allowed to finally blossom. These days 2011-2012 Smalling looks better than the present one. Meanwhile Jones has stagnated and not improved at the rate envisioned. I hope Vidic can dig deep and turn back the clock, the way Rio has done the last 2 seasons. We will need his experience while Smalling get back to his best and Jones continues improving. Else we will have to open the cheque book for Hummels e.t.c.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
montelik: 2-3 years of consistent injuries have not allowed Smalling or Jones to develop the way they should have. Rafael also suffered the same thing before a run of fitness allowed to finally blossom. These days 2011-2012 Smalling looks better than the present one. Meanwhile Jones has stagnated and not improved at the rate envisioned. I hope Vidic can dig deep and turn back the clock, the way Rio has done the last 2 seasons. We will need his experience while Smalling get back to his best and Jones continues improving. Else we will have to open the cheque book for Hummels e.t.c.

I think we should leave Ferdinand out completely while Vidic stays in the bench for now. Give Jones and Evans the experience. Their athleticism is a massive advantage. They are also very hard to beat one on one or with speed. They can hardly be outpaced and they release the ball faster.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jones is not yet ready to start at the heart of defense consistently. The boy is all over the place, but uses his athleticism and passion to bail himself out. It will not work if he has to play consistently and against tougher opponents he will be embarrassed badly. Then his confidence will all but disappear and then he becomes a John O'shea. If we can't partner next to a someone who can cover his butt, I would rather Smalling take his play alongside Evans.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
I think Jones is far better than Smalling, and even more consistent.
John Evans failed to clear (balloon) the ball which led to the 1st goal. Although the fault started from Cleverley who allowed someone to run in between him and Nani.

Secondly, that early goal meant Cleverly pushed forward and only Carrick in the middle. With Nani little concern about the defence, it meant we had no midfield. Jones came directly under attack from Stoke strikers and midfielders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:08pm On Oct 26, 2013
elampiro: I think Jones is far better than Smalling, and even more consistent.
John Evans failed to clear (balloon) the ball which led to the 1st goal. Although the fault started from Cleverley who allowed someone to run in between him and Nani.

Secondly, that early goal meant Cleverly pushed forward and only Carrick in the middle. With Nani little concern about the defence, it meant we had no midfield. Jones came directly under attack from Stoke strikers and midfielders.

Jones is easily a better all round player, definitely more gifted. But Smalling is easily the better central defender, at least for now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
Smalling a better CB than Jones.... & its not even debatable in my view

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:51am On Oct 27, 2013
Good fight-back, positive response from the lads. Great subs by the manager - at least we can see that he probably isn't as dumb as many would make him out to be.

Still a lot of work to be done but we just have to focus on the positives!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 1:02am On Oct 27, 2013
SailorXY: Smalling a better CB than Jones.... & its not even debatable in my view

Its hard to pick from both guys but I have to say, Smalling hardly inspires any confidence most times; he seems jumpy, nervous and all over the place at times. Jones "appears" more sturdy, stable and assured. That said, "looks" can be deceptive but I'd rather have a CB that "looks" like he knows what he is doing!

Also, from now on, RB should be exclusively preserved for Valencia and Rafael - except they are both leg and brain dead, then and only then should someone else be tasked to play there!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 6:53am On Oct 27, 2013
Nani, The King of inconstitencies, AV25 is a better United player than him anyday anytime. He can keep trying to be a ronaldo, in 2000 years he wont come close to Ronaldo's clone. United's performance is not pleasing at all, the way we concede goals that lands us in a gaol.
I believe we will get there in two months time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 6:55am On Oct 27, 2013
Elampiro and Dademola our guy Rooney is keeping haters like coogar silent. Coogar where is the Rooney stats again grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:40am On Oct 27, 2013
BinghiNya: Elampiro and Dademola our guy Rooney is keeping haters like coogar silent. Coogar where is the Rooney stats again
grin

LOL
When Rooney plays badly the long knives come out to assassinate his character but when he is good they keep silent.
Rooney had a very good game yesterday. His touch and control was better and he was able to shield the ball properly and lay off accurate passes more often than not. He passed both the eye test and STATS test yesterday and was our best player IMO over 90 mins (Januzaj was better than everyone though when he came on).
Having said all that this is the kind of performance expected from Rooney on a regular basis considering the money he is being paid, his seniority in the team and the level of experience he has and of course his star status for the England national team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 27, 2013
afrodoc:

LOL
When Rooney plays badly the long knives come out to assassinate his character but when he is good they keep silent.
Rooney had a very good game yesterday. His touch and control was better and he was able to shield the ball properly and lay off accurate passes more often than not. He passed both the eye test and STATS test yesterday and was our best player IMO over 90 mins (Januzaj was better than everyone though when he came on).
Having said all that this is the kind of performance expected from Rooney on a regular basis considering the money he is being paid, his seniority in the team and the level of experience he has and of course his star status for the England national team.
I think you have to put the Rooney criticism into perspective.
He asked for a transfer, for the second time within two years,and tried engineering a move over the summer through the press.
This is on top of the fact that he's earning a million quid a month.
With that kind of salary, he has to play well EVERY game. (At least my boss at work asks me if I can guarantee 100% performance if I asked for a pay-rise.)
So it's actually odd for me hearing peeps lay praise on the fella for doing what he appears to be overpaid for.
In my opinion, he should be scoring every game and having above 90% pass accuracy in each of those games.
Otherwise how can he justify his huge pay-packet?
That said he had a good game yesterday even if he could have played a lot better and a whole lot more sensibly.
As for the game, I never want to see Phil Jones and Chris Smalling anywhere near our team list.ferdinand and Vidic still remain our first choice CB pairing.
Nani had a stinker. Is AJ44 our best winger now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:12am On Oct 27, 2013
StarBoard:
He asked for a transfer, for the second time within two years,and tried engineering a move over the summer through the press.
With that kind of salary, he has to play well EVERY game. (At least my boss at work asks me if I can guarantee 100% performance if I asked for a pay-rise.)
So it's actually odd for me hearing peeps lay praise on the fella for doing what he appears to be overpaid for.
In my opinion, he should be scoring every game and having above 90% pass accuracy in each of those games.
That said he had a good game yesterday even if he could have played a lot better and a whole lot more sensibly.
As for the game, I never want to see Phil Jones and Chris Smalling anywhere near our team list.ferdinand and Vidic still remain our first choice CB pairing.

Rooney was good yesterday n DM did good substitutn also.
I wouldn't want Rio near d@ 1st. Moyes should have started Vidic considering our opponent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:33am On Oct 27, 2013
Yesterday I saw only one CM "kagawa" lol...dat guy putting on a "Cleverley" jersey was a mirage!....carrick coming in as a late sub was inspiring too!! grin grin grin

#dats_d_way_i_saw_d_match cheesy

Rooney was good,but dat niccur should know wen to shoot instead of passing when he's at d edge of d box!!

Thnx to chicharito a barren woman in Epl just gave birth to triplets tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:39am On Oct 27, 2013
Please hope the "Rio" being mentioned on this thread refers to next year's World Cup in Brazil?? undecided

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 27, 2013
BinghiNya: Elampiro and Dademola our guy Rooney is keeping haters like coogar silent. Coogar where is the Rooney stats again grin
abi oo!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 27, 2013
afrodoc:

LOL
instead of supporting d club and pointing out loopholes in an objective manner,some pple here are more concerned with hating rooney! undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 27, 2013
elrony: Yesterday I saw only one CM "kagawa" lol...dat guy putting on a "Cleverley" jersey was a mirage!....carrick coming in as a late sub was inspiring too!! grin grin grin

#dats_d_way_i_saw_d_match cheesy

Rooney was good,but dat niccur should know wen to shoot instead of passing when he's at d edge of d box!!

Thnx to chicharito a barren woman in Epl just gave birth to triplets tongue
valid observation, bro!! i've noticed he tends to pass d ball in situations where he cld as well shoot!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:54am On Oct 27, 2013
StarBoard:

Some good points.
I actually wanted Rooney offloaded during the off season (but to a foreign club) cos i felt we could then improve the team by bringing in a younger and more natural no 10. But with wayward and gollum's transfer policies i am happy for now that we still have the option of rooney's services ( moyes might have sold rooney and bought osman cheesy )
I am not pro or anti rooney, i am pro United. the criticism of rooney as the major reason for our problems is too harsh, similarly those that ALWAYS jump to rooney's defense are misguided.....it is Manchester United not Rooney United. Like i said a few months ago he is not the most gifted player i have seen in my time supporting United and neither is he the most committed,so he should stop holding the club to ransom over contract talks every year( heard another is brewing again).
Having said all that the solution to the malaise is more complex than simply replacing rooney in the lineup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 27, 2013
afrodoc:

Some good points.
I actually wanted Rooney offloaded during the off season (but to a foreign club) cos i felt we could then improve the team by bringing in a younger and more natural no 10. But with wayward and gollum's transfer policies i am happy for now that we still have the option of rooney's services ( moyes might have sold rooney and bought osman cheesy )
I am not pro or anti rooney, i am pro United. the criticism of rooney as the major reason for our problems is too harsh, similarly those that ALWAYS jump to rooney's defense are misguided.....it is Manchester United not Rooney United. Like i said a few months ago he is not the most gifted player i have seen in my time supporting United and neither is he the most committed,so he should stop holding the club to ransom over contract talks every year( heard another is brewing again).
Having said all that the solution to the malaise is more complex than simply replacing rooney in the lineup
WORD!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:00am On Oct 27, 2013
elrony: Please hope the "Rio" being mentioned on this thread refers to next year's World Cup in Brazil?? undecided

grin grin grin grin

Starboard amazed me with the Rio stuff.

Had it been Rio and Vidic yesterday, they would have kept the ball at the back passing between them, also passing slowing to De Gea and Carrick such that the time would have been finished before we get even a goal. They are too slow and play too deep for my liking. Vidic is great but I wish he could add pace. Ferdinand is just enjoying his pension for all the work he did in the past. However, I guess Moyes has put them on some raining programs to get them better and fitter.

*** Another issue. I concur to those who think Nani might never realised his dreams. After I saw him captain Portugal in their last match, I knew from the performance that he has a long way to go. He plays himself into tight corner every time, he likes to isolate himself too much. Some of his qualities that made him unique are not working well for him at the moment. I doubt if we will ever get him back to his best.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:00am On Oct 27, 2013
dademola: instead of supporting d club and pointing out loopholes in an objective manner,some pple here are more concerned with hating rooney! undecided

That is the problem.
A lot of extreme positions here, and one thing i know........extreme positions are rarely right or even logical.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:15am On Oct 27, 2013
BinghiNya: Elampiro and Dademola our guy Rooney is keeping haters like coogar silent. Coogar where is the Rooney stats again grin

even a broken clock would be correct at least twice in one day. a swallow doesn't make a summer. rooney was good last night & i remember posting a comment about his good performance immediately after the game.

we are not asking him to give one good performance every 3-4 games. we are asking for consistency like suarez, giroud & aguero are doing for their respective clubs. rooney pinching £250k/week from our coffers simply needs to do more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: TrebleChamp(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.