Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5757) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8717650 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5754) (5755) (5756) (5757) (5758) (5759) (5760) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2018
eph12:

Then why is Mourinho crying and destroying the moral of the youngsters in his team? Should they have declined joining his team instead?

Was there an upgrade in our squad last season? Is that why the squad went trophyless? Since Mourinho joined United, he has spent over 100m in defense, almost 200m in midfield and another 100+m in attack. What has he done with that? Made top while playing the worst football. How is the top 4 he made different from the others that made top 4? Rashford and Martial can no longer play football.

If you were a stakeholder, won't you be surprised at the kind of transfers Mourinho wants to make? Buying 29 years old that has just 2-3 years and that's it. Which big club is making that kind of signing now when the players name is not Ronaldo or Messi?
This isn’t his squad that will play this year.
So what’s the point? They’re just going through the motions. Yea it’s good for the
young guys, but that won’t help us much this year.. He said dropped a list of 5 names months ago and just one has arrived. Now you know how frustrated he his. he signed Pogba 24,lukaku25, Bailey 26,lindelof25, so it's a mixture of both young and old With experience. How old was Van Persie when Fergie signed him?Woodward has bottled it big time.
Either back your manager or sack him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2018
eph12:

Lol. Then send Fella to strike and ask Lukaku to play strike back
That strikeback comment NEVER fails to crack me up grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2018
Leyqute:
If Mou has his way he'll prefer to use 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 3 DMs and 1 striker. (Na d Ultimate formation for him)

Then he'll instruct the lone striker to defend deep and when in possession, carry the ball from his half, dribble everybody and score one goal.

After scoring the goal, he'll substitute him for a GK to make it 3 Guardians of the goalpost.

grin

OldManSoja
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Oh my gawd, my lungs!! grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by brainiacadeboi(m): 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2018
Leyqute:
If Mou has his way he'll prefer to use 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 3 DMs and 1 striker. (Na d Ultimate formation for him)

Then he'll instruct the lone striker to defend deep and when in possession, carry the ball from his half, dribble everybody and score one goal.

After scoring the goal, he'll substitute him for a GK to make it 3 Guardians of the goalpost.

grin

OldManSoja
LMAO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2018
Melvyn11:

So what’s the point? They’re just going through the motions. Yea it’s good for the
young guys, but that won’t help us much this year.. He said dropped a list of 5 names months ago and just one has arrived. Now you know how frustrated he his. he signed Pogba 24,lukaku25, Bailey 26,lindelof25, so it's a mixture of both young and old With experience. How old was Van Persie when Fergie signed him?Woodward has bottled it big time.
He can resign if he wants. Not many people will miss him. Who has he not complained about? Is it Woodward's fault that Lingard, Jones, Fellaini, Pogba, Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Young, DeGea are not available abi is that not his team? You think the board is senseless and will just be dropping money for someone like Mourinho? He should use the ones he has gotten to do something
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2018
Melvyn11:

a RB who has started less than 10 senior matches for Porto.
a midfielder who shined in the Ukrainian league but is unproven in top
leagues. Nor be every time you go talk lie. Be objective

Shey dem force Mourinho to buy them? No be who he like he point to buy?

Mourinho say he want Dalot and Fred, they got him exactly what he wanted you are now complaining that Dalot has 10 games and Fred is unproven

On 80M investment you don dey give excuses already

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diadem10: 3:00pm On Jul 30, 2018
All these Mourinho's ranting could have been avoided if he wasn't banking on average players such as Mata, Darmain, Herrera, Mctominay while praising them to high heaven when they are obviously shite. Not to talk of other injury prone average players such as Shaw, Rojo, Bailly etc.

Promising young players were left out for useless players. There are some youth players I've hoped they would never be promoted. Players like Olosunde, Redmond, Mctominay, Bohui, Burkart, El dja?, Shuan Williams but no, it's these kinds that Mourinho loves to see in his squad, calling them passionate, only for him to label them average in the end. Who's fooling who here?

It seems Fosu Mensah has really regressed. Or could it be the poor guy was riding the youth league with his imposing physique and strength while forgetting to learn the basic like his fellow youth. His positioning is really horrible. Who knows if he would do better as a box-box brute ala Kante but he would need to learn Kante's movement and anticipation or else he end up being a poor man's Bakayoko. Lol. He needs to work on his passing skills as well.

Personally, youth players that I think should have been promoted are Kehinde, Poole, DJ Buffonge, Chong and O'connor. Secondary players that should also be looked at are Willock, Hamilton. Young talented players such as Greenwood, Garner, Traore and Gomes should be kept on tab.

Btw, since Riley has left, why don't we call up O'connor for our right back position? Boy is promising and can't do worse than Darmian stinking the whole place.

I'm not opposed to signing another centre back 'cos those we have are either bang average, injuryprone or sissy. I can't even oppose our move for Maguire. He's good on the ball, great in the air, can operate as a LCB and can defend well. Only thing is he's a bit slow and less agile.

However, I oppose our move for Willian. Not like my opinion matter anyway grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2018
United's problem last season was creating chances, breaking down defenses but no it's defense that is the problem. He was given Sanchez, board supported the wages and all but look at how it has turned out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2018
Mou has lost it 5 years ago but due to his sharp mouth people still think he is special. His formation is outdated due to the type of players around this days. He should go coach national team, club football is not for him anymore or go to lower club in Italy. I warned you guys about him though, that his tactics will affect martial and rashford. Those two guys were already in Mbappe’s level before mourhino hit them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
raumdeuter:

Shey dem force Mourinho to buy them? No be who he like he point to buy?

Mourinho say he want Dalot and Fred, they got him exactly what he wanted you are now complaining that Dalot has 10 games and Fred is unproven

On 80M investment you don dey give excuses already
What is wrong with you self. I asked how has man United upgraded from last season you jumped and said Fred and dalot. I gave you reasons why they are not you are saying am making excuses Shuuu. Mourinho also asked for willian, alderweireld,sandro, An attacking midfielder to replace Mata, etc where are those signing that will upgrade the squad massively not moi moi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 3:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
hensben:
Mou has lost it 5 years ago but due to his sharp mouth people still think he is special. His formation is outdated due to the type of players around this days. He should go coach national team, club football is not for him anymore or go to lower club in Italy. I warned you guys about him though, that his tactics will affect martial and rashford. Those two guys were already in Mbappe’s level before mourhino hit them.
The klopp,poch and sarri that are not outdated how many trophies have they won.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2018
eph12:

He can resign if he wants. Not many people will miss him. Who has he not complained about? Is it Woodward's fault that Lingard, Jones, Fellaini, Pogba, Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Young, DeGea are not available abi is that not his team? You think the board is senseless and will just be dropping money for someone like Mourinho? He should use the ones he has gotten to do something
I'm assuming he wanted:
1) Full back 2) Centre Back 3) Central Midfielder 4) Right winger 5) Back up
striker

To me if the board is keeping the same manager, they should trust the manager
decisions and try to buy those players (even if they are "old"wink. No one cares if
they are old and you win the PL this year anyway.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diadem10: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2018
eph12:
United's problem last season was creating chances, breaking down defenses but no it's defense that is the problem. He was given Sanchez, board supported the wages and all but look at how it has turned out.
Or could it be that we had problem building up play from the back? What Maguire and Varane ball skills did for both England and France at the worldcup can't be overlooked. Even the Belgium team had ball playing defenders. When you also consider the fact that Matic infront of our defence is too negative.

Secondly, if Pogba, Lukaku and Rashford don't return quick to force back the opposition with their threats, our defence will have to suffer from several waves of opposition fearless attacks like we did against Liverpool and as you've seen already, our rubbish defence can't withstand such.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2018
Melvyn11:

What is wrong with you self. I asked how has man United upgraded from last season you jumped and said Fred and dalot. I gave you reasons why they are not you are saying am making excuses Shuuu. Mourinho also asked for willian, alderweireld,sandro, An attacking midfielder to replace Mata, etc where are those signing that will upgrade the squad massively not moi moi.

Do you think utd pluck money from trees? Do you know how much the Plonker has wasted since he came to Utd? .

A man that cannot be trusted with little things shouldn't bother asking for bigger ones. I am happy the board has grown some sense. Let the scam make do with what we have, let us see even see a progressive pattern of play.

Signing players is not the problem, Mourinho is the problem.
Look at how Pogba and Sanchez are looking bang average whenever they play under the scam.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2018
Melvyn11:

I'm assuming he wanted:
1) Full back 2) Centre Back 3) Central Midfielder 4) Right winger 5) Back up
striker

To me if the board is keeping the same manager, they should trust the manager
decisions and try to buy those players (even if they are "old"wink. No one cares if
they are old and you win the PL this year anyway.
Oh I see. You're so sure that if Mourinho gets those players he will win the PL this season? LOL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2018
Unlimited22:

That strikeback comment NEVER fails to crack me up grin grin grin grin
Dey go your thread, this is family matter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2018
eph12:

Dey go your thread, this is family matter
wink cheesy cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2018
raumdeuter:

Godwin who are these players that Mourinho wants and he's denied Maguire for 70m and Willian for 60m who else
Sandro, Alderweireld.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2018
eph12:

So because of two players he can't do anything again? Do you think every coach gets all the players they want? What do you think was the problem with our team last season?
, last season was not entirely bad despite us not winning any trophy but we still finished above ou r previous league position.....

bro the players need to rise up to the occasions and give their best and not the boju boju performance dey gives us week in week out last season... though Mourinho get him own for body but I will say the players

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
diadem10:

Or could it be that we had problem building up play from the back? What Maguire and Varane ball skills did for both England and France at the worldcup can't be overlooked. Even the Belgium team had ball playing defenders. When you also consider the fact that Matic infront of our defence is too negative.

Secondly, if Pogba, Lukaku and Rashford don't return quick to force back the opposition with their threats, our defence will have to suffer from several waves of opposition fearless attacks like we did against Liverpool and as you've seen already, our rubbish defence can't withstand such.
So our defenders are responsible for the so many attacks that broke down before they even started or before they can do any damage? What is this nonsense about ball playing sef? Is that why Pogba Martial Sanchez Rashford Lukaku Lingard can't understand themselves most times? In most games we controlled the flow but mostly sideways passes, no penetration. Jones has carried ball into the midfield many times in the past.

If our attack was potent, we will be the ones forcing the opponent back. Who was in that lfc defense when they forced us back? Which of them is the ball playing defender there if not for Henderson and Co that moves the ball from defense to attack?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
onyeomaonyeoma:
, last season was not entirely bad despite us not winning any trophy but we still finished above ou r previous league position.....

bro the players need to rise up to the occasions and give their best and not the boju boju performance dey gives us week in week out last season... though Mourinho get him own for body but I will say the players
So why is it only Mourinho that the players refused to rise up to the occasion?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2018
Skimpledawg:
Seen, screen shotted and stamped. cool
Thanks boss.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
eph12:
We are here grin
Thanks boss
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2018
raumdeuter:

You haven't noticed that this market everyone is holding on to any player they have. You haven't noticed that the normal big boys in the market are calm. Madrid sef had to buy 2 teenagers from south america, psg never buy anyone, even Barca dey hijack malcolm

Man utd wants bale, do you think Madrid will sell Bale now that they've sold Ronaldo or should Woodward pay 400m for Bale just to get Mourinho his tools
mourinho said he gave the club five names so far we ve gotten Fred and Dalot and that isn't enough
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diadem10: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2018
eph12:

So our defenders are responsible for the so many attacks that broke down before they even started or before they can do any damage? What is this nonsense about ball playing sef? Is that why Pogba Martial Sanchez Rashford Lukaku Lingard can't understand themselves most times? In most games we controlled the flow but mostly sideways passes, no penetration. Jones has carried ball into the midfield many times in the past.

If our attack was potent, we will be the ones forcing the opponent back. Who was in that lfc defense when they forced us back? Which of them is the ball playing defender there if not for Henderson and Co that moves the ball from defense to attack?
Have you considered Matic who's actually negative infront of our defence and you expect us to build up play quick enough to the attack? Even Fergie can't overemphasise the roles of Rio, Scholes and Carrick in his team. We have none similar to these three in the team today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:52pm On Jul 30, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
Sandro, Alderweireld.
You sef.. If you get football club splash money anyhow you hear!!?

I thought I schooled you here recently about how transfers are done!!?

You don't fvcking take notes, Fam. So cos Mr Relic Mourinho needs players, Utd should splash em cash, abi!!? You think sey dem dey pluck money from mango tree.. Most clubs ain't selling their star players no more. To stop you, they'll raise the fvcking price to chase you away. Look out Hazard situation, Chelsea asked for £200 M then Real can't pay that for him then they've backed out. Real, Barca, City and PSG haven't even done any biz this term. Utd have supported Mou from day 1, What has he done with players he's been given, Huh!!?

6th place and 2nd place, abi.. Please!! His tactics are now fossil and archaic.. He should be sacked already
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2018
Melvyn11:

grin

Stop cracking me up pls........ who asked for Fred and Diogo?! Shey na me?!

Out of Five, he has got 2 already, and possibly gonna get one more at least! So why is he crying before the Season even begins for God's sake?!

No one is stopping him from resigning pls, Zidane is clubless at the moment, we can easily poach him.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2018
eph12:

Oh I see. You're so sure that if Mourinho gets those players he will win the PL this season? LOL.
pep was Backed by his board and he did. Klopp has been backed by his board massively this season. Is it bad for Mourinho to want that kind of backing?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2018
codedguy1:

Ask yourself how long Mourinho has been united coach that we/he still Dont have a clear understanding of what we need to do, only this rant when things Dont go his way.

Is this not the same Mourinho that wrote a letter asking for the job that he has seen exactly what is wrong with united and as such the job should be given to him.

3 seasons later he is moanng like a pregnant goat whose water just broke. Killing the moral of everybody.

As per Ed wayward, I Dont know what to say.
this is Mournho third seasons and he's not done that bad .....we all know that he is a defensive minded coach and that has worked for him all thru...Ed werey should give him the kind of player that understand his pattern then after that we can Boot him out if result goes sideways

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2018
onyeomaonyeoma:
mourinho said he gave the club five names so far we ve gotten Fred and Dalot and that isn't enough

So he gave the board 5 players name.. And he's gotten 2 already. Why is he moaning.. Mou fvck off..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

Stop cracking me up pls........ who asked for Fred and Diogo?! Shey na me?!

Out of Five, he has got 2 already, and possibly gonna get one more at least! So why is he crying before the Season even begins for God's sake?!

No one is stopping him from resigning pls, Zidane is clubless at the moment, we can easily poach him.
No he wanted Savic from lazio not even Fred. Fred was just an alternative signed by the board. Do you honestly belive Mourinho added a 19yrs old boy to his list lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2018
diadem10:

Have you considered Matic who's actually negative infront of our defence and you expect us to build up play quick enough to the attack? Even Fergie can't overemphasise the roles of Rio, Scholes and Carrick in his team. We have none of these three look alike in the team today.
Who bought Matic please? Who's the one that refused to get quality mobile midfielders so transition from defense to attack can be swift?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5754) (5755) (5756) (5757) (5758) (5759) (5760) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lana1(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.