Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,809 members, 7,810,112 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5765) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8672823 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5762) (5763) (5764) (5765) (5766) (5767) (5768) ... (14141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
Everton wants to Sign Marcos Rojo

BBC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
Leyqute:

Another angle.

Osi we need fighters kwa? Hahahahahahahahahaha. Street Fighters FC Abi Mortal combat United?.
mad people everywhere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
Leyqute:

Another angle.
So Manchester United is about supporting the manager and not the players? Why does this always happen to Mourinho everywhere he goes? There will always be a divide, some for the players and the others for Mourinho. This has played itself severally and I'm beginning to question the sanity of some guys here if they can't see the pattern
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2018
odizeey:
you are the one not getting. since Tottenham are using ridiculous amount to keep their average players then other can keep their world class by setting unreachable amount on the player.
this thing is about the player majorly if he wants to leave he will force it.

In Cristiano's case, he wanted to leave and would never have signed a new contract with us. It's either we let him leave for a world record fee like we did, or risk seeing leave for free or for lesser amount if he ran down his contract. The money for Ororo then is 300m you're talking of now. Only a very rich club could afford him.
Someone like Kane has not submitted transfer request like Coutinho, when he does, Tottenham would be forced to sell him or lose him for peanuts.

Plus you're forgetting something important, the tradition of upping the buy-out clause of players to figures like 700m, 1billion, etc., was not existing in those days. Shît has changed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2018
JayKayMaybachz:
Ben Wire: Jose Mourinho. The stats never lie. Alex Ferguson's longevity was rooted in his continual ability to renew his style and always evolve; Mourinho needs to learn this.
Like seriously. How many times SAF have had to make changes to be able to get something out of the team he has.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2018
sinizia:

Madrid team are world-class, even that of Barcelona. I said this because apart from having "3-4 of world-class players" (let's go with your benchmark), they also have GENERALLY TOP/GOOD PLAYERS. It's highly improbable to see a team populated with world-class players all through. What you're going to get are 3-4 world-class and more top players. That's where I think you got it wrong (thinking just 3-4 world-class players ONLY are enough to make a team world-class)

Madrid has world-class players but the first-eleven is filled with top players. How can you not think a team that has/had Ororo, Bale, Kroos, Modric, Varane, Ramos, Isco, Marcelo is not world-class. These are top players.

But United are filled with deadwoods like Young, Shaw, Rojo, Jones, Mctominay etc. If we had a good and sensible coach first and foremost, with a team that's generally good in most positions alongside 3-4 world-class players, we'd be a top team like Madrid and Co.
So who are the world class players in Barcelona? I am sure you'd say Messi, Suarez (He is fat declining), Coutinho, Pique (Also declining), Umtiti Busquet, Rakitic...If we look at Spurs, we'd list Alderweireld, Vertoghen (If Pique at this point and Umtiti are world class then he is too), Dembele (If you consider Rakitic world class), Kane, Erikson...That's like 7 for Barca and 5 for Spurs...
At Madrid, you have Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Bale etc. That's like seven, the others are top performers...
At City, you have Aguero, KDB, D.Silva, Gundogan, Fernandinho that's five players but I'm sure a lot of folks will look at City and refer to them as a world class team...

Spurs might not have smae number of world class players in their ranks but they have other top performers like Trippier, Lloris, Son, Rose etc...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2018
If we have just 1 more signing, I will prefer CB to RW, we seriously cannot start the new season with Smalling and Bailey as our reliable defenders.

We all agree that Bailey is our best defender (he spent the larger period of last season on the sick bed)
We all agree that Smalling is bang average
We all agree that Jones is okay but his brain fart is now on a daily basis that’s if he manage not to injure himself in training.
We all agree that Lindelof still needs a lot develop and he’s not at the stage which we want him to be.

So what’s the wailing about us prioritizing the CB position for? We know we have CB issues and it’s a area of concern, if that’s where the manager want to use the 1 signing on, I see no problem with it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
eph12:

So Manchester United is about supporting the manager and not the players? Why does this always happen to Mourinho everywhere he goes? There will always be a divide, some for the players and the others for Mourinho. This has played itself severally and I'm beginning to question the sanity of some guys here if they can't see the pattern

We heard the exact BS during his last spell with Chelsea. The man is the most divisive manager I have ever seen and needs to leave my darling team ASAP.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
slimghost:

We heard the exact BS during his last spell with Chelsea. The man is the most divisive manager I have ever seen and needs to leave my darling team ASAP.
Happened at Madrid too. He didn't stay long enough at Inter if not it would have happened. Tell me which world class coach this happens to everywhere they go?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2018
sinizia:

In Cristiano's case, he wanted to leave and would never have signed a new contract with us. It's either we let him leave for a world record fee like we did, or risk seeing leave for free or for lesser amount if he ran down his contract. The money for Ororo then is 300m you're talking of now. Only a very rich club could afford him.
Someone like Kane has not submitted transfer request like Coutinho, when he does, Tottenham would be forced to sell him or lose him for peanuts.

Plus you're forgetting something important, the tradition of upping the buy-out clause of players to figures like 700m, 1billion, etc., was not existing in those days. Shît has changed.
na true. the market is spoilt.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2018
Get off Jose Mourinho's back. All the negative feedback going on and on. Notice none of the players being "up for sale" are not saying anything, just agents stirring up trouble. If Marcos Rojo is worth £30m then sell him now. Nice to see Luke Shaw at the correct weight for a full back and not a prop forward. As usual all the transfer talk and everyone has an opinion which normally centres on Manchester United, get your own house in order first.

Stephen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
slimghost:

Osi we need fighters kwa? Hahahahahahahahahaha. Street Fighters FC Abi Mortal combat United?.
mad people everywhere.
There's some element of fact in that.. Some of our players re lazy. We blame Mou we should also blame em players too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
patrickmuf:
So who are the world class players in Barcelona? I am sure you'd say Messi, Suarez (He is fat declining), Coutinho, Pique (Also declining), Umtiti Busquet, Rakitic...If we look at Spurs, we'd list Alderweireld, Vertoghen (If Pique at this point and Umtiti are world class then he is too), Dembele (If you consider Rakitic world class), Kane, Erikson...That's like 7 for Barca and 5 for Spurs...
At Madrid, you have Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Bale etc. That's like seven, the others are top performers...
At City, you have Aguero, KDB, D.Silva, Gundogan, Fernandinho that's five players but I'm sure a lot of folks will look at City and refer to them as a world class team...

Spurs might not have smae number of world class players in their ranks but they have other top performers like Trippier, Lloris, Son, Rose etc...

You said they're declining? At least their former reps still covers them. But Spuds apart from those two don't have even declining ones. Mind you, experience matters a lot and these declining players still have them and it can come in handy in matches.

I think our choices differs because I will take Rakitic over Dembele. Take Alba over Rose. Take Umtiti over Vertoghen. Take Alderweireld over the current Pique but will choose Pique over Davidson Sanchez. In that midfield I'll take Busquet over that overhyped Dier. In short, only Kane, Alderweireld and Eriksen will contest for a starting berth into my Barcelona team if I was the coach. I don't rate Spuds players as much as you do. They're good quiet all right, but THAT GOOD? Hell no!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
eph12:

Like seriously. How many times SAF have had to make changes to be able to get something out of the team he has.
SAF WAS A MANAGER. HE UNDERSTOOD THE GAME MORE THAN MOU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
JayKayMaybachz:
There's some element of fact in that.. Some of our players re lazy. We blame Mou we should also blame em players too

Do you know about manager XY theory?. You will understand why players under Mourinho tend to behave the way they do.
Follow his career from Madrid to Chelsea and Utd and you will see the same pattern.
Why would I blame the players when I exactly know who the problem is?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2018
Patricmuf, City is way more better than us. They fit the criteria of a world-class team for me. They have one of the best coaches around who's not archaic like Mourinho, and the team has GENERALLY GOOD players with a sprinkle of world-class players like Silva, Aguero and KDB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
sinizia:
Patricmuf, City is way more better than us. They fit the criteria of a world-class team for me. They have one of the best coaches around who's not archaic like Mourinho, and the team has GENERALLY GOOD players with a sprinkle of world-class players like Silva, Aguero and KDB.
Yes they are better than us at the moment but you take a second look at our players and realize most of them are not playing to their potential, maybe it's the system or perhaps they're not motivated enough to give their all, an excuse I am beginning to question considering how much they are paid...I think with the right set up, Pogba, Sanchez, Martial and the likes can offer more...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
Leyqute:
Interesting read. Other top teams are in no better condition than Utd, except Liverpool. Do you hear Poch and others complaining?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45017413

Is Mourinho laying the ground for a long exit from Man Utd with his recent jamtalks?

Are we suppose to be on the level if City, Liverpool, Chelsea or above them. We are suppose to compete with Madrid, Barca, Juventus in quality of players.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2018
JayKayMaybachz:
SAF WAS A MANAGER. HE UNDERSTOOD THE GAME MORE THAN MOU
Mourinho has shown that he cannot adapt to situations
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2018
patrickmuf:
Yes they are better than us at the moment but you take a second look at our players and realize most of them are not playing to their potential, maybe it's the system or perhaps they're not motivated enough to give their all, an excuse I am beginning to question considering how much they are paid...I think with the right set up, Pogba, Sanchez, Martial and the likes can offer more...

In that post of mine you quoted, you'd see that I mentioned that City possesses a quality coach. That's me admitting that Mourinho's tactics are backward and obtuse. He'd be getting more from his players with a better tactic.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2018
A rough look at EPL history shows me that it looks like Ferguson was the highest spender in his early days at United. Not very sure though.

Wenger was the highest spender in EPL for his first few years at Arsenal.

Mourinho was the highest spender in while at Chelsea.

Guardiola is the highest spender now despite inheriting a team that finished in UCL semi final.

He who spends most is likely to rule.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
elampiro:
A rough look at EPL history shows me that it looks like Ferguson was the highest spender in his early days at United. Not very sure though.

Wenger was the highest spender in EPL for his first few years at Arsenal.

Mourinho was the highest spender in while at Chelsea.

Guardiola is the highest spender now despite inheriting a team that finished in UCL semi final.

He who spends most is likely to rule.

Dear lord, if you're not busy, please come and see something.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2018
....... Reinforcements at left and right back were both seen as a priority at the start of this summer, which seemed wise; on the right of defence, the Louis van Gaal-purchased Matteo Darmian has floundered for two seasons, and Antonio Valencia’s age (32) mean that both able cover and a future replacement are needed.

The purchase of Diogo Dalot has certainly helped, but the Portuguese is hugely inexperienced in top-level football, and will require time to adjust to the rigours of Premier League football. Ashley Young and Luke Shaw will likely start the season as Mourinho’s options on the left of defence, but the former is 33 years of age, whilst the former’s United career has yet to take off in four years. Neither option screams solidity or certainty.

The right-hand side of attack was frequently problematic last season, and both Gareth Bale and Ivan Perisic have been mentioned as potential options, yet the former is almost certain to remain at Real Madrid after Cristiano Ronaldo’s move to Juventus, and United were reluctant to bring the latter to Old Trafford last year for the quoted price of £50m due to the player’s age, and thus limited resale value.

The 29-year old’s transfer fee will only have risen since a starring role in Croatia’s World Cup campaign, making his capture from Inter Milan even less likely if United were quibbling over a few million pounds twelve months ago.

http://blog.redarmybet.com/why-uniteds-current-situation-isnt-all-mourinhos-own-doing/?utm_medium=fw&utm_source=man-utd-fb-supporters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
I fit use tears from this thread take baf this afternoon

con arrange better chau sef.....even leave some 4 tomorrow cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2018
Neymar1095:

Dear lord, if you're not busy, please come and see something.
You try to debunk the theory.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 2:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
Eph12, come to Papa, shed tears no more sad

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
neezar:
I fit use tears from this thread take baf this afternoon

con arrange better chau sef.....even leave some 4 tomorrow cheesy cheesy
Na Eph12 I dey feel for.... My guy has been lamenting since a week now.

I'm tempted to rename him Prophet Jeremiah grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2018
Afolabi6046:
na we dey this kind situation last season but atleast Conte wasn't yabbing fans on top their money and he didn't think our academy players are useless cheesy cheesy
My guy eeh, Wetin these scummies carry our eye see early last season after that Costa-Conte issue eeh, you go feel for us..

One good turn they say..... grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 3:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
"They have got a really good team. Maybe in one or two areas defensively they would like to strengthen but their squad is really good. "As I said last season, I think if Pep Guardiola was managing that team they would have won the title".
Well captured by Morrison.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2018
If we don't get a RW then we can forget playing with any formation that requires wide men and rely on wing backs for wing play(yikes).

Move martial, Sanchez, Rashford lingard Mata etc to the middle let them all fight with lukaku. Make who wan vex because no shirt, vex.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Na Eph12 I dey feel for.... My guy has been lamenting since a week now.

I'm tempted to rename him Prophet Jeremiah grin
Na slimghost own don taya person

Even if we cry about it from now till tomorrow

Mou will never change

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5762) (5763) (5764) (5765) (5766) (5767) (5768) ... (14141) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: zeusis(m), Leyqute(m), afrodoc2 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.