Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,923 members, 7,824,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8760517 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6125) (6126) (6127) (6128) (6129) (6130) (6131) ... (14160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:41am On Nov 21, 2018
eph12:
Napoli is holding out for £90m for Koulibaly. Do you guys think he's worth the additional £10m United is bidding?
Nope
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 8:31am On Nov 21, 2018
eph12:
Napoli is holding out for £90m for Koulibaly. Do you guys think he's worth the additional £10m United is bidding?

No. But this is the market. Also don't forget he's a left sided defender. Same as Lindelof.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:17am On Nov 21, 2018
eph12:

90m for a defender? That’s insane and shouldn’t be sanctioned. No team should spend so recklessly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:18am On Nov 21, 2018
MRTA7:

No. But this is the market. Also don't forget he's a left sided defender. Same as Lindelof.

Lindelof is not left sided, he’s RCB, he’s only been used there because there’s no other option.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:39am On Nov 21, 2018
larride:

90m for a defender? That’s insane and shouldn’t be sanctioned. No team should spend so recklessly.
What if we look at it from the angle of what he will bring to the team?
MRTA7:

Yeah exactly it's the market. I have a problem with the scouting system at Old Trafford but if this will solve our defensive issues, I think I support it o
JayKayMaybachz:
Nope
Why's that? The amount or there won't be any significant difference?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:28am On Nov 21, 2018
larride:

Lindelof is not left sided, he’s RCB, he’s only been used there because there’s no other option.

The few highlights of him I saw at Benfica he was playing LCB as he usually does for Sweden.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:27am On Nov 21, 2018
MRTA7:

The few highlights of him I saw at Benfica he was playing LCB as he usually does for Sweden.

I understand but he’s more comfortable playing from RCB. Whichever way I believe with the proper guidance, Lindelof will come good for us. There’s significant improvement in his game now, we hope it continues.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:28am On Nov 21, 2018
eph12:

What if we look at it from the angle of what he will bring to the team?

Yeah exactly it's the market. I have a problem with the scouting system at Old Trafford but if this will solve our defensive issues, I think I support it o

Why's that? The amount or there won't be any significant difference?

It’s a gamble bro, there’s no guarantee that he will come good or solve our defensive issues. Whether the market has been bastardized or not, 90m for a defender is a no no. It’s a total rip off. Sanity needs to return to the game biko.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:31am On Nov 21, 2018
copied from Barcelona thread
Jovic has 9 goals and 2 assists in 9 matches in the bundesliga and has 3 goals in 4 matches in the UCL. Nicolas Pepe has 8 goals and 5 assists in 13 matches in Ligue 1. Piatek has 9 goals and zero assists in 12 matches. Both Piatek and Pepe are 23 years old and Jovic is 20. Jovic has 9 goals and 2 assists in 9 matches in the bundesliga and has 3 goals in 4 matches in the UCL. Pepe,in the last 5 matches he scored he started at RM/RW. I think this rules out him right away from a Suarez replacement. I think he’s a fun and exciting player, but we need someone a bit more with a physical presence, and not a makeshift ST/ RW. Jovic and with his current team Frankfurt are currently 4th. Jovic is the highest goal scorer with 9. There are three people tied in second with 8 goals, his fellow teammate Haller, and Dortmund’s Reus and Alcacer. Also scored 5 goals in a math against Dusseldorf. Piatek is leading in goals at Serie A with 9 and second is a tie between Ronaldo and Immobile with 8 each. Hasn't scored in his last 5 matches tho. #copied
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:26pm On Nov 21, 2018
larride:

It’s a gamble bro, there’s no guarantee that he will come good or solve our defensive issues. Whether the market has been bastardized or not, 90m for a defender is a no no. It’s a total rip off. Sanity needs to return to the game biko.
Something needs to be done though. We can't continue like this. Mourinho won't be sacked so he should be granted his request
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
eph12:

Something needs to be done though. We can't continue like this. Mourinho won't be sacked so he should be granted his request

I won’t even touch Koulibaly for 75m pound not to talk of 90m. We are paying our scout good money, they should work for their pay or they should all be disbanded. As good as Koulibaly is/can be, it shouldn’t be more than 50-60m max. It’s high time we stop looking at the players in the big teams and look to unearth gems from the small teams.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
larride:

I won’t even touch Koulibaly for 75m pound not to talk of 90m. We are paying our scout good money, they should work for their pay or they should all be disbanded. As good as Koulibaly is/can be, it shouldn’t be more than 50-60m max. It’s high time we stop looking at the players in the big teams and look to unearth gems from the small teams.
I'm not sure I can trust Mourinho to work with players with rough edges o. He will just end up demoralizing them. Someone that spent about 50m on Fred that has a lot of experience but can't train him to play his pattern or trust him to deliver in his biggest match of the season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2018
eph12:

I'm not sure I can trust Mourinho to work with players with rough edges o. He will just end up demoralizing them. Someone that spent about 50m on Fred that has a lot of experience but can't train him to play his pattern or trust him to deliver in his biggest match of the season

Honestly you have a point, it makes no sense leaving Fred on the bench. What’s the essence of buying him then when he knows he can trust to start matches for us. I remember Matic starting for us when he signed him. Mourinho is his own problem really. The board can’t be looking at Fred on the bench and still trust him with more money to buy players. It’s better they just send him packing. We can absolutely do better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2018
larride:

Honestly you have a point, it makes no sense leaving Fred on the bench. What’s the essence of buying him then when he knows he can trust to start matches for us. I remember Matic starting for us when he signed him. Mourinho is his own problem really. The board can’t be looking at Fred on the bench and still trust him with more money to buy players. It’s better they just send him packing. We can absolutely do better.
Exactly, you want the board to trust you with more cash yet you have you biggest summer signing always glued to the bench, who does that? Only Mourinho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
patrickmuf:
Exactly, you want the board to trust you with more cash yet you have you biggest summer signing always glued to the bench, who does that? Only Mourinho.

I can’t even seems to understand it really. Something is definitely wrong with Mou. When you look at all Pep signing in City and see the impact they are making you begin to question what Mou is doing. Why buy them when you won’t use them. City won the league last season with record point, this season he bought Mahrez and he’s rotating those that won the league for him with record points last season for him. Yet Mou keep using the same players and complaining.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2018
larride:

I can’t even seems to understand it really. Something is definitely wrong with Mou. When you look at all Pep signing in City and see the impact they are making you begin to question what Mou is doing. Why buy them when you won’t use them. City won the league last season with record point, this season he bought Mahrez and he’s rotating those that won the league for him with record points last season for him. Yet Mou keep using the same players and complaining.
Elamps will tell you that he needs to buy 20 players before he can get one that's consistently performing

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 4:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
eph12:

Elamps will tell you that he needs to buy 20 players before he can get one that's consistently performing

I dn vomit water melon wey dey my mouth cos say I burst laughter with wetin you write..

There's actually no difference between a Buhari and a Mourinho supporter..

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
larride:

Mourinho is his own problem, Dalot is back but he'll still persist with Young.
The other day, Elamps listed players who were bought by Fergie but are still starting today, I didn't have time to start arguing with him, Mou has spent enough to replace the entire 11 but he has spent badly or in other cases, underutilized the players he himself identified for Ed to buy.
I will be surprised if the board splashes the cash with Mou as our manager.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2018
CrystalTiger:

I dn vomit water melon wey dey my mouth cos say I burst laughter with wetin you write..

There's actually no difference between a Buhari and a Mourinho supporter..
Lol no vex cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2018
We will be extremely foolish to buy Koulibaly for 90m when we have Baily on the bench, Extremely foolish. Baily to me remains our best defender.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2018
Make we sack Mou first before adding any other player 2 increase our trouble cos Mou will end up not using him and people like Elamps will term Koulibaly as someone that's not tough like Ashley Young cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2018
patrickmuf:

Mourinho is his own problem, Dalot is back but he'll still persist with Young.
The other day, Elamps listed players who were bought by Fergie but are still starting today, I didn't have time to start arguing with him, Mou has spent enough to replace the entire 11 but he has spent badly or in other cases, underutilized the players he himself identified for Ed to buy.
I will be surprised if the board splashes the cash with Mou as our manager.

I doubt it myself. Mou is his own problem. Why buy Dalit when you know you want to keep using Young and even plan on giving him contract extension. No wonder the board were reluctant to splash the cash on the players he suggested during the TW. What’s to say he won’t start benching them and keep using the same drool he complained about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2018
dopeJemi:
We will be extremely foolish to buy Koulibaly for 90m when we have Baily on the bench, Extremely foolish. Baily to me remains our best defender.

Koulibaly is way better than Bailly in my opinion but 90m is a no no. 50-60m considering the situation of the market. Anything apart from that is total rip off.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2018
larride:

Koulibaly is way better than Bailly in my opinion but 90m is a no no. 50-60m considering the situation of the market. Anything apart from that is total rip off.

Agreed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2018
I think we have higher number of first team players than most top teams in England. We need to do away with a good number of them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
larride:

I doubt it myself. Mou is his own problem. Why buy Dalit when you know you want to keep using Young and even plan on giving him contract extension. No wonder the board were reluctant to splash the cash on the players he suggested during the TW. What’s to say he won’t start benching them and keep using the same drool he complained about.
Mou would have given out a line up that looks like this: 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3
DdG; Val/Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Young/Shaw; Matic, Pogba, Herrera/Fellaini ; Martial, Lingard/Mata; Lukaku.

Of all these outfield players, only 4 are his signings out of 11. Which means 36.4% of what he asked for. Which means an F in today's grading system if I'm not mistaken.

He's his own major problem. Why sign when you won't use. Even him as a manager has made mistakes of wrong substitute yet that won't stop him from managing the team for the next match but Mou will crucify such players over just one game and declare you not complying.

If not for the club, many of us go don japa!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:56am On Nov 22, 2018
adebayo201:

Mou would have given out a line up that looks like this: 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3
DdG; Val/Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Young/Shaw; Matic, Pogba, Herrera/Fellaini ; Martial, Lingard/Mata; Lukaku.

Of all these outfield players, only 4 are his signings out of 11. Which means 36.4% of what he asked for. Which means an F in today's grading system if I'm not mistaken.

He's his own major problem. Why sign when you won't use. Even him as a manager has made mistakes of wrong substitute yet that won't stop him from managing the team for the next match but Mou will crucify such players over just one game and declare you not complying.

If not for the club, many of us go don japa!

Big F infact. If you can’t trust the players you got then the board has 100% right not to trust you with more money. Just as someone said earlier, Mou is either buying the wrong players or he’s underutilizing them, whichever way that is, it’s all on him. It’s insanity to expect a new player to just hit the ground running like that without giving him some time to adjust especially someone coming to the league for the first time. Mistakes will be made, it’s on him then to improve and guide the player but our Mou will have none of it.

My opinion is simple, if the board are convinced they are not going to give him more money to splash considering his previous buys, then it only makes sense to sack him and get someone we can trust with funds to clear out the deadwood in the team. We have the money, we can do way better than we are currently.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lh19(m): 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2018
Am I the only one who thinks LVG would work wonders with this current squad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:49pm On Nov 22, 2018
Lh19:
Am I the only one who thinks LVG would work wonders with this current squad

angry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2018
We seriously cannot be considering all these defenders being mentioned here.. I mean,, it's not like we sold any of our defenders from last season (except except Blind)..
It is mind boggling that the same set of defenders who conceded less than 30 goals all thru the league last season are close to shipping in 30 HALFWAY through the season..
And what we need is more defenders This is ridiculous..

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 3:01pm On Nov 22, 2018
Update on pogba injury?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:01pm On Nov 22, 2018
Khaytunechi:
We seriously cannot be considering all these defenders being mentioned here.. I mean,, it's not like we sold any of our defenders from last season (except except Blind)..
It is mind boggling that the same set of defenders who conceded less than 30 goals all thru the league last season are close to shipping in 30 HALFWAY through the season..
And what we need is more defenders This is ridiculous..
De Gea bailed us a lot last year. He has been doing that a lot over the last few years. It seems it's finally becoming too much for him.

In as much as I think we need better defenders, I believe a midfield and attack solid on the ball, with quick movements and pace will help the team better. We need to attack much faster than we currently do so we can hit opponents before they regroup but we're currently just so slow and lazy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6125) (6126) (6127) (6128) (6129) (6130) (6131) ... (14160) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ijustwantto, Ellexy, LORDLARGE(m), jorhney(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.