Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8687156 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6309) (6310) (6311) (6312) (6313) (6314) (6315) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2019
hoopLA:

No need to waste too much grammar on this doughnut brain hole in the head fellow.

Just get a can of Mortein and your troubles are over.
So you mean he is an insect? Chai, na person you just call insect so oo. You are mean grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 6:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
kodded:

after all the shouting, they are still below us in the league cool

shame manutd shame

Europa united

#COYG
dat will change next week.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 6:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
guy why u dey shout my name when I dey sleep.
make you get nightmares for that your sleep grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 26, 2019
kodded:
all this wailing and gnashing of teeth just because I spoke the truth

chai truth is bitter o shocked

6th team united

Kodded can you just chill and come back to troll after matchday 30 cool

Rubbish#

That your shitty defence ehn....you go hear am..just chill cool

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
guy why u dey shout my name when I dey sleep.
Pele. Go back to sleep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
Wait..o happy birthday Jose Mourinho cool
You'll find another club to coach soon... Probably Chelsea

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2019
Can that skrepp stop defacing this thread with his God awful android 3.0 interface?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2019
afrodoc2:

I am not just talking about the counterattacking football in general but about the tactic of the front 3 players(especially the wide men) almost never coming back to help the full backs.

The overload on the full backs is incredible in this system but the advantage is that we often have 3 of our players against 2 of the opposition defenders during our counters.

It is a gamble that has worked so far but that overload on our full backs can’t be allowed to continue.
I think it was a calculated risk.
Ole knew spurs and Arsenal had old and centre backs, vulnerable on 1 v 1's and he counted on that.

I don't think he will try that against teams with younger/ faster defenders who won't be burnt for pace and can hold their own in 1v1's.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 3:30am On Jan 27, 2019
krattoss:
no manager criticizes when on a winning run.

U I'll surely know more about him when he hits the the rough patch.
rough patches to start with Burnley and magnify at UCL when OGS faces PSG grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:12am On Jan 27, 2019
Mason Greenwood with 2 free kicks and an assist in victory against Liverpool Under 18, coming from 2 goals down to win 3-2.
Goals and assist were with his "weaker" right foot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25IEbMH_mvU

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 27, 2019
BlueAngel444:

rough patches to start with Burnley and magnify at UCL when OGS faces PSG grin

Don't be suprise if we win both match at home with 3 goal margin wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:40am On Jan 27, 2019
afrodoc2:
Mason Greenwood with 2 free kicks and an assist in victory against Liverpool Under 18, coming from 2 goals down to win 3-2.
Goals and assist were with his "weaker" right foot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25IEbMH_mvU

Dude uses his left like Nicolas Pepe, but even more his supposedly weaker right foot issa venom..

You said he's 17? shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:02am On Jan 27, 2019
elrony:

Dude uses his left like Nicolas Pepe, but even more his supposedly weaker right foot issa venom..

You said he's 17? shocked

Yup, just turned 17. If Chong, Gomes, and Greenwood ALL fail then they need to tear down the youth program and build again from scratch.

There is nothing like a sure thing in youth football, but he is mighty close. I'm talking Pogba, Ravel Morrison level. The caveat is that for different reasons, out of our most talented youth players that i have seen e.g Guiseppe Rossi, Pogba, Ravel Morrison, James Wilson, Adnan Januzaj e.t.c ONLY Pogba has achieved his potential.

There are so many factors that come into play when transitioning from youth team to senior football, and talent is only one of many of such factors.
Injury can derail in the case of Wilson, Will Keane, Rossi. Indiscipline and lack of focus in the case of Adnan, Macheda. Sociopathic behaviour, lack of discipline, criminal activities in the case of Morrison.
It can be a poor coaching staff or a manager who does not believe in young talent or even a team that is in free fall and too much is required of the young player too soon like Adnan's case.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eghos12(m): 9:04am On Jan 27, 2019
grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 10:14am On Jan 27, 2019
eghos12:
grin
lol grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:24am On Jan 27, 2019
OGS, Phelan and Kieran McKn should already be thinking about integrating Greenwood into the first XI. They could put him on the bench in dead rubber games this season and edge him in bit by bit next season.

That boy could be the solution to the RW. I think he'll do well as a RWF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:39am On Jan 27, 2019
Leyqute:
OGS, Phelan and Kieran McKn should already be thinking about integrating Greenwood into the first XI. They could put him on the bench in dead rubber games this season and edge him in bit by bit next season.

That boy could be the solution to the RW. I think he'll do well as a RWF.

He can play RWF, LWF, CF, and can also lay as a 10 (actually played more 10 before he moved to under 18 last year). I think they are being very cautious with him because they can't afford to mess this one up. Also with the number of forwards we have in the first team now they can afford to be patient and give him time to grow (he is only 17 and is so much bigger than when i first saw him 2 yrs ago).

People that have been watching him since he was 10 are still not sure about what his better foot is. He takes free kicks, corner kicks and penalties with his his right, dribbles with his left and i have seen him score mutiple goals outside 18 with both feet.
His two-footedness makes his step overs more effective because he is effective in either direction.
Check out his 1st and 3rd goals against Chelsea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaLl-oD_fcU

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:49am On Jan 27, 2019
eghos12:
grin

grin grin

We had our worst start in 28yrs and still caught assanal even when they had a 20match unbeaten ruñ. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 27, 2019
Greenwood kor Greentea ni cheesy
Na here we go dey in 3 years time the boy go dey championship dey fight relegation with them Ipswich QPR grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
Saw this on Twitter. It’s so true.

How United players are judged by fans imo

Scapegoats:

McTominay
Jones
Smalling
Valencia

Get way too much hate:

Lingard
Alexis
Lukaku

Split the fanbase:

Romero
Mata
Matic
Shaw
Young
Pereira

Mostly liked:

Bailly
Lindelof
Herrera
Pogba
Rashford

Untouchable:

Martial
De Gea

grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
Afrodoc

Mason Greenwood seems to be on a level superior to his U-18 team mates. I understand he shouldn’t be rushed but waiting too long could stunt his growth and development.

Chong, Gomez and a few others have experienced 1st team football already. Shouldn’t Mason get that same taste to keep him hungry?

I’m not asking that he be thrusted into the first team and placed under intense pressure to deliver.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
Leyqute:
Afrodoc

Mason Greenwood seems to be on a level superior to his U-18 team mates. I understand he shouldn’t be rushed but waiting too long could stunt his growth and development.

Chong, Gomez and a few others have experienced 1st team football already. Shouldn’t Mason get that same taste to keep him hungry?

I’m not asking that he be thrusted into the first team and placed under intense pressure to deliver.

You do have a point and he has played for the under 23 side as well and scored goals for them.

He just turned 17 in October and there is no rush since we have 5 or 6 senior players fighting for 3 spots in attack.
He just got promoted to full under 18 in August and then jumped to under 23 a few months ago, if they can be patient and not rush him again I think he will be ready by next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JoeOdion(m): 12:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
Agbakolly:
Na here we go dey in 3 years time the boy go dey championship dey fight relegation with them Ipswich QPR grin cheesy

Please oo which one have you people produced? Na make una dey wait to collect man utd youth team left overs like welbeck una sabi

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
afrodoc2:

Yup, just turned 17. If Chong, Gomes, and Greenwood ALL fail then they need to tear down the youth program and build again from scratch.

There is nothing like a sure thing in youth football, but he is mighty close. I'm talking Pogba, Ravel Morrison level. The caveat is that for different reasons, out of our most talented youth players that i have seen e.g Guiseppe Rossi, Pogba, Ravel Morrison, James Wilson, Adnan Januzaj e.t.c ONLY Pogba has achieved his potential.

There are so many factors that come into play when transitioning from youth team to senior football, and talent is only one of many of such factors.
Injury can derail in the case of Wilson, Will Keane, Rossi. Indiscipline and lack of focus in the case of Adnan, Macheda. Sociopathic behaviour, lack of discipline, criminal activities in the case of Morrison.
It can be a poor coaching staff or a manager who does not believe in young talent or even a team that is in free fall and too much is required of the young player too soon like Adnan's case.

Wow...
Really great analysis Doc...

If we can't integrate this small crops of prospects into the main team on the long run, quite leaves a big question mark.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
Agbakolly:
You think Manchester united is shekpe fc that does not give a fvck about it's academy players abi?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
afrodoc2:

It can be a poor coaching staff or a manager who does not believe in young talent or even a team that is in free fall and too much is required of the young player too soon like Adnan's case
Or maybe it's a case of the top English teams not trusting their youth players enough to give them a chance.

They would rather buy Dalot than use Tuanzebe while they keep sending TFM on loan after loan.....same way they killed Perreira's prospects and almost used loan to finish that one.

Mbappe was 17/18 same age as Greenwood when he took Ligue 1 by the balls. And just in case anyone wants to argue that Ligue 1 is a farmer's league, they guy has already proven himself in the Champions League and World Cup.
At least if we wont rate Ligue 1, we can at least rate Bundesliga. Jadon Sancho is another example. Sancho is 18 and a starter for Dortmund and he has 6 goals and is leading the league with 9 assists.

United needs to start taking risks and give some of these youth players a chance. Who knows, Greenwood might be the long term solution to that RW and we wont even have to spend a dime.

Using Youth players is all about risks and if it pays off, then it will be to the club's benefit in the long run. Eg. Kane, TAA.
I really hope we get to see the likes of TFM, Gomes, Chong & Greenwood getting some serious minutes in the first team from next season. At least not all of them fit flop like Macheda or Januzaj.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
Lana1:

Or maybe it's a case of the top English teams not trusting their youth players enough to give them a chance.

They would rather buy Dalot than use Tuanzebe while they keep sending TFM on loan after loan.....same way they killed Perreira's prospects and almost used loan to finish that one.

Mbappe was 17/18 same age as Greenwood when he took Ligue 1 by the balls. And just in case anyone wants to argue that Ligue 1 is a farmer's league, they guy has already proven himself in the Champions League and World Cup.
At least if we wont rate Ligue 1, we can at least rate Bundesliga. Jadon Sancho is another example. Sancho is 18 and a starter for Dortmund and he has 6 goals and is leading the league with 9 assists.

United needs to start taking risks and give some of these youth players a chance. Who knows, Greenwood might be the long term solution to that RW and we wont even have to spend a dime.

Using Youth players is all about risks and if it pays off, then it will be to the club's benefit in the long run. Eg. Kane, TAA.
I really hope we get to see the likes of TFM, Gomes, Chong & Greenwood getting some serious minutes in the first team from next season. At least not all of them fit flop like Macheda or Januzaj.

You have made good points. If they give him a debut I am fine with it, but there is no need to rush things at the moment. Maybe they feel from the training sessions that he is not physically ready, I don’t know.
What i know is that if OGS and Mike Phelan are certain he is ready they will hand him a debut.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:44pm On Jan 27, 2019
afrodoc2:

You have made good points. If they give him a debut I am fine with it, but there is no need to rush things at the moment. Maybe they feel from the training sessions that he is not physically ready, I don’t know.
What i know is that if OGS and Mike Phelan are certain he is ready they will hand him a debut.
Lol an injury crisis can fast forward his senior debut like what happened in Rash case. I only hope he grabs it with both hands and feet when that opportunity comes whether it's because of injury crisis or not
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2019
“Ole brought that [belief] to the team from the first day. He said we want to be a team that controls the game, but sometimes that’s impossible.

"Sometimes we have to defend, but we know when we are defending that anything can happen in attack for us. We have quick forward players who are able to make runs to be in box.

“Paul [Pogba] makes those runs, Ash [Young] and Luke [Shaw] too; everyone is allowed to go and attack, so of course when we are playing we think that anything is possible. Even in the tough moments, we have the feeling that we can hurt our opponent.”

- Ander Herrera

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
“We shouldn’t go crazy with the table. There are still a lot of matches to play in the league so we go game by game. Every game gives you a new challenge, and new problems to solve.

“Now, we’re thinking about the next game which is Burnley. It’s an important game. They will probably try to make the most of set pieces, they’re aggressive and compact.

“Our feeling is that if we perform at our best, we can beat anyone. It doesn’t mean we’re going to beat every team, but we have the belief because we have the quality to do it.”

- Ander Herrera

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
“I’m not going to talk about my contract. We have more important things happening now than my contract so I just try to perform.

“My priority is to beat Burnley, Leicester… and if I deserve a new contract, the contract will come. I’m not a selfish guy, I want the team to keep winning games, I don’t go crazy about my contract.”

- Ander Herrera

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
“Alexis is a fantastic player. We know he’s had difficult moments in the last year, but he’s fantastic. He can change a game, he can score fantastic goals and provide fantastic assists.

”It’s great to have six attacking players who can change the game in one minute. At the moment, we all know Marcus is enjoying the game, Jesse the same. Romelu made two assists tonight which isn’t usually one of his qualities in a game. And Juan Mata on the bench… he’s got the stats: assists and goals.

“It’s not easy for the opponents when they are going to face Manchester United and they see these players.”

- Ander Herrera

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6309) (6310) (6311) (6312) (6313) (6314) (6315) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.