Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,317 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8687108 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6310) (6311) (6312) (6313) (6314) (6315) (6316) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
Funny. Alexis, for all his lack of form and output, has won us important games- scoring in the win against Tottenham at Wembley, vs Arsenal is a this week, and most importantly saving us from everlasting disgrace at the hands of Man City.

Down 2-0 by half time, Sanchez created the first goal, assisted Pogba for the equalizer and assisted the winner too.

Arsenal won the league by beating us at OT in 2002. We’re still to hear the end of it. If City had beaten us to win the league that day at Etihad we’ll never hear the end of it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
Leyqute:
Funny. Alexis, for all his lack of form and output, has won us important games- scoring in the win against Tottenham at Wembley, vs Arsenal is a this week, and most importantly saving us from everlasting disgrace at the hands of Man City.

Down 2-0 by half time, Sanchez created the first goal, assisted Pogba for the equalizer and assisted the winner too.

Arsenal won the league by beating us at OT in 2002. We’re still to hear the end of it. If City had beaten us to win the league that day at Etihad we’ll never hear the end of it.
na lie. Sanchez is useless. Let him go back to where he is coming from.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
odizeey:
na lie. Sanchez is useless. Let him go back to where he is coming from.
LooL. This man is hangry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
Leyqute:

grin grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
Leyqute:

let him go back like the man in a certain rock. We thought he would solve issues, but he worsened them.
He is also old, and can't remember his best position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 6:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
So with out Alli,kane n son spurs cannot win games again.townsend is just tormenting dem
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
Arsenal out.
Liverpool out.
Spurs going out.
Chelsea and City need to follow suit abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
Lana1:
Arsenal out.
Liverpool out.
Spurs going out.
Chelsea and City need to follow suit abeg.

Lol grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 9:22am On Jan 28, 2019
Lana1:

Or maybe it's a case of the top English teams not trusting their youth players enough to give them a chance.

They would rather buy Dalot than use Tuanzebe while they keep sending TFM on loan after loan.....same way they killed Perreira's prospects and almost used loan to finish that one.

Mbappe was 17/18 same age as Greenwood when he took Ligue 1 by the balls. And just in case anyone wants to argue that Ligue 1 is a farmer's league, they guy has already proven himself in the Champions League and World Cup.
At least if we wont rate Ligue 1, we can at least rate Bundesliga. Jadon Sancho is another example. Sancho is 18 and a starter for Dortmund and he has 6 goals and is leading the league with 9 assists.

United needs to start taking risks and give some of these youth players a chance. Who knows, Greenwood might be the long term solution to that RW and we wont even have to spend a dime.

Using Youth players is all about risks and if it pays off, then it will be to the club's benefit in the long run. Eg. Kane, TAA.
I really hope we get to see the likes of TFM, Gomes, Chong & Greenwood getting some serious minutes in the first team from next season. At least not all of them fit flop like Macheda or Januzaj.

In my opinion Januzaj didn't flop at all tho... Dude was good... Had tons of potential, at some point he was the one that was singlehandedly carrying us during the day's of Moyes.... It was just a matter of mismanagement after Moyes left and he was eventually Sold.... Negative managers didn't let him shine... That dude was much better than Lingard

His sale really Pained me sha.... Dude would have been rocking that RW now

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:32am On Jan 28, 2019
nani667:

In my opinion Januzaj didn't flop at all tho... Dude was good... Had tons of potential, at some point he was the one that was singlehandedly carrying us during the day's of Moyes.... It was just a matter of mismanagement after Moyes left and he was eventually Sold.... Negative managers didn't let him shine... That dude was much better than Lingard

His sale really Pained me sha.... Dude would have been rocking that RW now

What you just explained is the reason for his flopping. Like I said earlier there are many reasons that can make a player flop, and not all are due to the player.

The uselessness of the team and the mismanagement by coaching staff were major reasons why he flopped, but saying he did not flop is false.

P.S I was possibly the no1 Januzaj fan here.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:43pm On Jan 28, 2019
“So far, it’s been no problem [Squad Rotation], We’ve got so many games. As soon as it becomes one game a week, it might be a problem.

”We rotate even during games. When we can put Anthony [Martial] and ‘Rashy’ [Marcus Rashford] on for Alexis (Sanchez) and Rom, who did a fantastic job [at Arsenal], it is only going to help us. The players have been very, very good at staying ready and being ready when they get on.”

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:44pm On Jan 28, 2019
"What Manchester United are gonna look like next season with or without me, it doesn’t matter, I’m here to prepare for next season..."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:45pm On Jan 28, 2019
Trophies only builds ego

Pochettino, 2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:46pm On Jan 28, 2019
"We have quite a few talents in that youth team that you’d like to see and will see at some point before next season to put the club and team in a good position at the end of the season.

"How will we look like next season, Mason (Greenwood), Jimmy Garner, Ethan it’s just about the right time.

"We’ve got Alexis, Rom, Juan, who haven’t played so much lately, they’re three players you have to jump ahead of as well and they’re quality and we’re here for results as well."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2019
"I’m not sure about that because with the top talents that most of them jump over the reserves when you know, like Giggsy did, he went straight into the first team.

"Paul had six or seven games in the reserves and that was it, he probably would’ve got into the first team had he stayed but he's a World Cup winner, plays well for Manchester United first team now."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:57pm On Jan 28, 2019
"It’s something that you need to pay attention to - it’s a different gap, the gap from U18s til you get into the first team that gap there with players nowadays get a bit more impatient than before and they want to move earlier but what is the best pathway is a different one because some teams in the lower leagues don’t play the way you want them to play.

"We’ve seen some players go to Germany to take the next step, Sancho’s a good example, goes to the Bundesliga then gets in the national team, is a diff one. It’s not easy in the reserves, it’s hard, it’s a very diff way and there are many hours spent finding a pathway."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:01pm On Jan 28, 2019
"I love it. It’s what you want, we’ve had some fantastic results, great performances and the improvement.

"I can see in many aspects, just from Tottenham to Arsenal the way we improved the structure, the way the ideas, we get to know each other more and they get to know me and what I want from the team.

"The people said it was just about attacking attacking attacking but the other part I have been happy with because we haven’t leaked many goals."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2019
"I see myself as a Man United product because I started my career as a coach here, I’ve done my badges over here so the biggest part of my football life has been here in Manchester.

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
"Jesse’s got energy, a steel about him, he can play in different positions, midfield three up front either side and he knows this club and sometimes in training you see him and Marcus linking up with Mason, Chongy, it’s lovely to watch when he made his debut against Burnley reserves he was a tiny little kid, his development has been fantastic."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:06pm On Jan 28, 2019
"No I can’t see him going out on loan because Andreas has done fantastic in training ever since I come back, I’ve kept in touch with Warren, who had him in the reserves, and he’s a player I can see playing quite a few games for us towards the end of the season."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2019
"At the moment I can see everyone staying at the club, no deals have been done with anyone but there are still a few more days but I’m not too involved in the negotiations.

"So whatever happens happens but it’ll be good to get the window closed an improving the players in the squad still here."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:09pm On Jan 28, 2019
"Definitely, the results they’ve had and performances they’ve had says that and we know we’re up against a team that’s gonna come here and fight for three points as every single team in the Premier League will.

"They’ll cause you different problems, the physicality, the front two, got to be ready for them but we’ve turned the corner ourselves.

"We looked really good against Arsenal defensively, we defended the box really well and that’s gonna be important vs Burnley."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 2:03pm On Jan 28, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:
Trophies only builds ego

Pochettino, 2019

Hope he doesn't really believe that. Otherwise he might not be the coach for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
MRTA7:

Hope he doesn't really believe that. Otherwise he might not be the coach for us.

He believes that.. I don't want him again.. Fvcked up mindset
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
MRTA7:

The guy is starting to look like an error. Siddon look mode activated and hoping Ole keeps on doing well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:15pm On Jan 28, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:

He believes that.. I don't want him again.. Fvcked up mindset

Na to dey fast and pray for Ole to succeed remain. Poch might just be the Argentine Moyes.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2019
Wait o, Herrera's contract is expiring this summer shocked Make dem offer am new contract now angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:23pm On Jan 28, 2019
afrodoc2:

Na to dey fast and pray for Ole to succeed remain. Poch might just be the Argentine Moyes.

I am telling you doc. I pray Ole succeeds.. Then, we can forget about Poch. That statement is ill
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:25pm On Jan 28, 2019
Criis:
Wait o, Herrera's contract is expiring this summer shocked Make dem offer am new contract now angry

Yeah.. I will love the board to give him a new one. I love him.. And he loves the club

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6310) (6311) (6312) (6313) (6314) (6315) (6316) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: jackest1(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.