Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8730150 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6370) (6371) (6372) (6373) (6374) (6375) (6376) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 1:10am On Feb 13, 2019
David Moyes remains the only United manager to win a Champions League knockout game since the 2010/11 season.

14 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 1:12am On Feb 13, 2019
GloryIsaac:
Postdigger abeg, make i yarn something before I sleep grin

1. With Cavani back in their squad and Pogba not in our squad for the second leg, our chances have greatly been cut short especially with the 2 away goal advantage they possess.

2. For a referee that was so trigger-happy, Kimpembe should have gotten a second yellow card which potentially could have changed the outcome of the match.

3. Our attack was very dull. Despite all my support for Martial, he can be very annoying on his off-day. How on earth did they not take advantage of those two old men PSG had in their defence?

4. New players must be bought to help boost this team in a competition like UCL where chances won't come often.

5. It's disgraceful that a half-fit Veratti bossed a midfield occupied by our best midfield trio.

6. Matic's lapse in concentration led to the first goal.

7. It's not over, looking forward to the 2nd leg.

cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:15am On Feb 13, 2019
NLBigBoy:

My guy you are jumping Fence...Imma need you to pick a side...I called Pogba a World Cup winner to emphasize his quality...If I subscribe to your argument that the players let us down I suppose Mourinho wasn’t at fault when teams like Brighton and west Ham were knocking 3 goals past us...If you are good you are good but there’s only so much you can do when your Manager wants to play a certain type of way.
Pogba's quality is obvious irrespective of the World Cup tag.
Everyone and his dog knows Mourinho by himself was the architect of his own downfall and that downfall had very little to do with the players so there's really no need to re-visit that side.

What’s even special about OGS, I haven’t seen a specific play style from him but he’s a new manager so I won’t judge him on that; All I’m saying is parking the bus and hitting them on the counter would have been the best pragmatic decision to make instead of Coming out and getting seriously outplayed
Lol. We are not a ghen ghen high press team like Liverpool or tiki-taka like City but OGS has brought counter attacking football like in the old days and completely eradicated the nonsense park the bus that we ve been used to.
Parking the bus is better when u are leading and in control of the game like in the 2nd half against Spurs not in a UCL game where aggregate scores matter and u are looking for a goal u can take into a tough 2nd leg away fixture. Aside the subs, i didn't see anything wrong from OGS today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 1:19am On Feb 13, 2019
1 Buffon
4 Kehrer
2 Thiago Silva
3 Kimpembe
13 Alves da Silva
5 Marquinhos
6 Verratti Paredes 75'
14 Bernat
23 Draxler
11 Di María Dagba 81'
7 Mbappé

i can't believe this lineup is believed to be better than Yoonited's. .... grand hypocrisy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:30am On Feb 13, 2019
BikeMan:
1 Buffon
4 Kehrer
2 Thiago Silva
3 Kimpembe
13 Alves da Silva
5 Marquinhos
6 Verratti Paredes 75'
14 Bernat
23 Draxler
11 Di María Dagba 81'
7 Mbappé

i can't believe this lineup is believed to be better than Yoonited's. .... grand hypocrisy
At least if one person will be foolish then we can always rely on you to do follow follow and jump on the bandwagon.

United that was never given a chance when the draws were made has suddenly turned world class team overnight because of an unbeaten run abi? I thought it was just Fulham and Arsenal and Spurs and Bournemouth......
The hypocrisy is on you mumu.

De Gea
Young
Lindelof
Bailly
Shaw
Matic
Herrera
Pogba
Lingard
Martial
Rashford

Except De Gea, Pogba & Rashford and if we are being modest, Shaw & Lindelof, what evidence do you have on the contrary that this team is better than PSG? Oh wait....lemme guess.....their transfer fees?

I'm not surprised tho. That was how you were yapping and puffing Chest about how City cant beat you because you won the reverse fixture 2-0. Ode!!

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 1:33am On Feb 13, 2019
This guy had a rough childhood

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:34am On Feb 13, 2019
Says the guy called "Bikeman". Address my post or run along bìtch!!

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by naija01: 2:48am On Feb 13, 2019
No Neymar... No Cavani... Man Utd still chop am...

Dem go still blame me for their loss & Pogba’s red card

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:48am On Feb 13, 2019
I have no problem with the OGS sub. The pace of lingard and particularly Martial didn't do sheet for us through out the 1st half. Maybe Mata and sanchez craftiness could do the deed.

Am a big lukaku fan,at the moment he can't do anything right. Maybe we try him the 2nd leg.
We're out of the UCL we were never going to win. The mandate is still to secure top 4, and we're doing alright on that front,can't dwell on this very painful loss.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 4:04am On Feb 13, 2019
U sef see am grin grin

BikeMan:
1 Buffon
4 Kehrer
2 Thiago Silva
3 Kimpembe
13 Alves da Silva
5 Marquinhos
6 Verratti Paredes 75'
14 Bernat
23 Draxler
11 Di María Dagba 81'
7 Mbappé

Meana whilea na... grin grin grin

BikeMan:
David Moyes remains the only United manager to win a Champions League knockout game since the 2010/11 season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:05am On Feb 13, 2019
Ucl is for men not boys u hear me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 4:05am On Feb 13, 2019
+Peeps+ SkimpleD you know say you be my guy grin

Postdigger wetin i do you na? tongue

+exits+
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 4:10am On Feb 13, 2019
macjireh:

are u saying u didn't see d one on one mbappe missed abi....PSG was always going to win today,, no doubt

All the best, clear chances PSG got was after the first goal (which came from a corner btw). This game was heading for a dour stalemate, which the pvssy Tuchel would have been so happy to take knowing that it is likely all his stars will be around for the return leg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:12am On Feb 13, 2019
grin

..... To be honest I was not hurt by the defeat cos it was expected. We do not have the Squad depth of PSG. OGS is brought to rescue a sinking Ship and remodeled it, thus we should not be carried away by his success in rescuing and steadying the Ship.

The Damage is done already, hence at times there would be scary and awful moments till the Ship is finally docked and rebuilt. OGS went to Paris to scout PSG, he was unable to device viable tactic to stop or march them..... Because they ain't as predictable as Chelsea.

PSG can comfortably play 3 different kinds of Formation. Though Neymar and Cavani are out, but we did forget they have Di-Maria, Draxler and Co. It was a good Experience for OGS, and I'm sure he has grabbed one or two things from the Defeat.

No need to dwell on the defeat, let's move on and hoping a Champions League Spot for next Season is secured. United ain't even among the Favorites. Hoopla saw it coming, he did talk about it, and boom it happened.

Guess Shekpites enjoyed the Party..... Lol!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:18am On Feb 13, 2019
elrony:

You can't even do your job well... Digging out unecessary items.

You no take your tramadol today? cheesy

grin

Very lame digging. He wanted to dig out something on me, but failed. How did the Post he digger out had emotional tone in it?!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 5:29am On Feb 13, 2019
Ibime:
Party don start? Why una no call me?

la prasseur mesion... remixion

one corner, one corner, one corner, one corner

[img]https://media1./images/bd8f404145905670845ce7430133cc15/tenor.gif?itemid=5892453[/img]
tha fvck is this cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:33am On Feb 13, 2019
Suddenly everybody is forming °i expected man u to lose. After doing mumu winning run against small teams una b day shout bring psg on. Then the news that neymar was injured was celebrated here grin
U pple shld just take ur L and stop pretending cry

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:39am On Feb 13, 2019
grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 6:04am On Feb 13, 2019
Lana1:
Sharap there. Weren't u giving urself false hope that u had beaten Roma after that first leg last season. Na football and anything can happen.
Poor officiating and some really poor play from our forwards killed us but nothing to get too distraught about. We are the underdogs in this tie after all.

Anyways, wetin dey happen for this una LaLiga?? grin

PSG also had false hope when they had 4-0 lead against us in the 1st leg but with MSN leading our line @ camp Nou, we came back.

Roma also did theirs @ their home turf.

But this one wey Pogba don get red card. It's only a great false hope when Rashford, the Belgian elephant and the piano player are your forward line to overturn a 2 goal deficit away at Paris.

But it's good to dream tho

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IKON360(m): 6:39am On Feb 13, 2019
raumdeuter:

What happened at Sevilla vs Mourinho
he lost, last season too, Guardiola lost so did Klopp and Emery and so many other top coaches. One match OGS lost its scratching some Man U fans, one match out of 12 na wa o

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nihilistjnr: 6:47am On Feb 13, 2019
Ibime:
Party don start? Why una no call me?

la prasseur mesion... remixion

one corner, one corner, one corner, one corner

[img]https://media1./images/bd8f404145905670845ce7430133cc15/tenor.gif?itemid=5892453[/img]

Guy you go training for gif usage?

Your gif game over the last few weeks has been A1

WTF cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tesppidd: 7:25am On Feb 13, 2019
Old Trafford has been cordoned off!

It was a crime scene last night!!

Fucck!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by biomustry: 8:00am On Feb 13, 2019
Man United fans should calm down, their players have done wat they have bn doing in the epl, psg is stronger that's all. And this ain't the epl, this is reality
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 13, 2019
GloryIsaac:
Postdigger abeg, make i yarn something before I sleep grin

1. With Cavani back in their squad and Pogba not in our squad for the second leg, our chances have greatly been cut short especially with the 2 away goal advantage they possess.

2. For a referee that was so trigger-happy, Kimpembe should have gotten a second yellow card which potentially could have changed the outcome of the match.

3. Our attack was very dull. Despite all my support for Martial, he can be very annoying on his off-day. How on earth did they not take advantage of those two old men PSG had in their defence?

4. New players must be bought to help boost this team in a competition like UCL where chances won't come often.

5. It's disgraceful that a half-fit Veratti bossed a midfield occupied by our best midfield trio.
6. Matic's lapse in concentration led to the first goal.

cool
you do realise young ought to have been sent off b4 kimpembe's 2nd foul that the ref didn't call.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:09am On Feb 13, 2019
elampiro:
We lost the game ourselves. First goal was Matic's fault but a central defender ought to be around that zone.

Second goal was even worse, Bailly and Lindelof at fault. That would never have happened if we played Smalling.

We looked like we were going to win in the first half, but for some poor final decisions. We played many corner kicks before PSG even had one. The injury to Lingard and Martial finished us. When I saw Sanchez and Mata, I knew we were never going to trouble PSG again. Lukaku should have been brought in.

We are the inexperienced side, so it is logical we lose.

bro u really watch the ball. For someone who did not watch the ball seeing comments here they would think we were totally outplayed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 8:13am On Feb 13, 2019
eph12:

Not like Mbappe was the star of this game or that he did anything special sef.
Of course he didn't do anything special. That's why he's a killer, all he did is score and put your team on the brink of elimination.

Better thank De Gea. But for him going to Paris would have been a criminal waste of funds

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 8:14am On Feb 13, 2019
A40:
Of course he didn't do anything special. That's why he's a killer, all he did is score and put your team on the brink of elimination.

Better thank De Gea. But for him going to Paris would have been a criminal waste of funds
Where's the diadem10 mention? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 13, 2019
Debroslink:

PSG also had false hope when they had 4-0 lead against us in the 1st leg but with MSN leading our line @ camp Nou, we came back.

Roma also did theirs @ their home turf.

But this one wey Pogba don get red card. It's only a great false hope when Rashford, the Belgian elephant and the piano player are your forward line to overturn a 2 goal deficit away at Paris.

But it's good to dream tho
Barca's comeback was filled with controversies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by wman(m): 8:18am On Feb 13, 2019
On the flip side, scummies can focus better on the league and increase their top 4 chances. Unlike we that still have to play Thursday night Sarriball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Digriz(m): 8:19am On Feb 13, 2019
SIRcumalot:
I have no problem with the OGS sub. The pace of lingard and particularly Martial didn't do sheet for us through out the 1st half. Maybe Mata and sanchez craftiness could do the deed.

Am a big lukaku fan,at the moment he can't do anything right. Maybe we try him the 2nd leg.
We're out of the UCL we were never going to win. The mandate is still to secure top 4, and we're doing alright on that front,can't dwell on this very painful loss.
Exactly, the loss should not be a big issue bcus this squad can never win it now,. Top four should be our main target.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:20am On Feb 13, 2019
A40:

Mbappe should thank Di Maria, Verrati, Kimbepe etc if not coming to England would have been a criminal waste of funds
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:22am On Feb 13, 2019
SIRcumalot:

We looked the better side with Lingard and Martial in our attack and PSG were afraid of coming at us. At worst it was a leveled game. But in the second half, from onset we parked the bus because we became weak going forward. If Martial had controlled two passes better, we could have scored a goal in the first half.

Sanchez and Mata have no business in this team anymore. They can only play against Wolverhampton Wanderers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6370) (6371) (6372) (6373) (6374) (6375) (6376) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Trevor012(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.