Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8723300 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
purplekayc:
I would compare wats happenin directly with Liverpool in 1990. In December 1990, with all the success they had had in the previous 30 years no one would have dared believe that it would be 23 years later and they haven't got a title. This might be the end, it might not be, but no club has a right to win things, and Man U are no different.

winning is our birthright, bro!
firstly, liverpool weren't as big as we are now in the late 80s. united's value is in the billions - 700 million fans worldwide, etc. why would they allow a brainless manager to cripple the club because of scottish solidarity?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
coogar:

winning is our birthright, bro!
firstly, liverpool weren't as big as we are now in the late 80s. united's value is in the billions - 700 million fans worldwide, etc. why would they allow a brainless manager to cripple the club because of scottish solidarity?
bro all am sayin is dat it will take some tym you guyz to come bak to ur previous forms most premier league clubs now have good coaches and wat do you mean by liverpool wernt as big then?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
Said Robin van Persie on his understanding with Wayne Rooney: "If you look around you have loads of main strikers, target men, 'foxes in the boxes', and you have No 10s, who are dropping in more and it's very obvious. With us it's not obvious, we can both do that job. We are both nine-and-a-halves."

Nine and three quarters.... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
speculations all around.... Manchester united eyes strootman, Roberts, dembele, sneijer, etc! just for midfield! When would they eye coogar n elampiro as back room staff!
gringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
GustavoFring:

Nine and three quarters.... grin

Lol
Who be 'nine' and Who be 'three quarter'
Lmao!!! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
adebayo201: speculations all around.... Manchester united eyes strootman, Roberts, dembele, sneijer, etc! just for midfield! When would they eye coogar n elampiro as back room staff!
gringrin
Two-fighting in the dug-out. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
StarBoard:
Two-fighting in the dug-out. grin

One reason to laugh in a while grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
adebayo201: speculations all around.... Manchester united eyes strootman, Roberts, dembele, sneijer, etc! just for midfield! When would they eye coogar n elampiro as back room staff!
gringrin

U want coogar to poison rooney ni undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
coogar:

i can bet all of them came against leverkusen.

it doesn't matter one jot.....he's a flat track bully. packing 5 assists out of 6 against one hapless team in germany & anonymous against a determined everton side.

compare rooney's performance to the other forwards drawing £250k per week from their club's coffers - ronaldo, messi, ibrahimovic then we can have a debate.

if you don't realise rooney's performance is disproportionate to his wages at this stage then there's no point debating even further.

the only question you should ask yourself - is rooney doing enough for the amount of money he gets?

Is Rooney the only person getting paid? Why are you fixated on his 250k? Maybe you should cast your salary screening net a bit wider.

Have you compared how much Ashley Young and Nani get compared to Adam Llallana? Or how much Cleverley and Anderson get paid compared to Ross Barkley?
Have you compared what Moyes is getting paid compared to Pochettino or Martinez?

Rooney leads the team in most of the attacking stats that really matter and in overall player rating.

He is 4th in the EPL in goals scored, 3rd in assists and 7th in overall player rating ( the only Man Utd player in the top 20) meaning only 6 players in the whole league have had better seasons so far.

So how can it be that of all the players in the team it is the only player that is at the top of most of the performance indices that you blame.
What about the other millionaires collecting 70k,80k per week and stinking up the place like skunks?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
afrodoc:

Is Rooney the only person getting paid? Why are you fixated on his 250k? Maybe you should cast your salary screening net a bit wider.

Have you compared how much Ashley Young and Nani get compared to Adam Llallana? Or how much Cleverley and Anderson get paid compared to Ross Barkley?
Have you compared what Moyes is getting paid compared to Pochettino or Martinez?

Rooney leads the team in most of the attacking stats that really matter and in overall player rating.

He is 4th in the EPL in goals scored, 3rd in assists and 7th in overall player rating ( the only Man Utd player in the top 20) meaning only 6 players in the whole league have had better seasons so far.

So how can it be that of all the players in the team it is the only player that is at the top of most of the performance indices that you blame.
What about the other millionaires collecting 70k,80k per week and stinking up the place like skunks?

honda End of discussion (E.O.D)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
afrodoc:

honda End of discussion (E.O.D)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
Expected line up.
De Gea, Rafael, Rio, Evans, Buttner, Giggs, Jones, Januzaj, Kagawa, Young, Rooney

Not preferred tho. Expected.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
i dont have much to say rather than, sir alex should come to our rescue or else we wont make top 4 and that will be a big shame to a club like Manchester United Fc....Moyes is not our kind of manager, we need an experieneced person.....man utd can afford that and am sure......Moyes cant handle pressure quote me wellaaaaa.....Elampiro take that from me....he is a nobody in football..........Martinez is better than that swine that has given me heartattack......i cant speak in public aaqain because of that cretin ...........hes dragged our precious and fearful club to the mud.....mtcheeeeewwww....sack him already cux we dont have time for patience....its a luxury we cant afford...this is no 80's ... we are in a new era where football mentality has changed .... no one wants to wait ............. we need results cuz its in our gene.........glazer should sack that half-baked nitwitt for all i care
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Presbulg(m): 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
Haha grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
afrodoc:

because his salary is dredging up our resources & he cannot lead the team to glory like his peers in the same wage bracket. messi/ronaldo score more than 60-70% of their team's total goals - how is rooney faring in comparison? grin cheesy grin

Have you compared how much Ashley Young and Nani get compared to Adam Llallana? Or how much Cleverley and Anderson get paid compared to Ross Barkley? Have you compared what Moyes is getting paid compared to Pochettino or Martinez?

nani/young? players who have been top assist makers in this league for several seasons. they were both injured last season so we didn't get to see the best of them. this season, they are playing under the most visionless, most disillusioned & the most brainless manager planet earth has produced.

you still don't get the point or you are doing your best to run away from the facts. rooney by default is the 2nd best player in the squad. in the absence of RVP, he becomes the best player by default but that is not the crucial issue - the issue is should suarez/aguero/ramsey be outperforming a fit rooney in the league?

when RVP was fit, he had every defender in this country in his back pocket - 2 back to back golden boots is the testimony to robin's mercurial ability. in the absence of rooney, RVP smashed teams to atoms & for a second, i forgot rooney was even a united player.

has rooney done the same? no!!!

only 6 players? are these players earning more than rooney or less? shouldn't that be a disgrace to rooney? shouldn't rooney ask for a pay-cut till he can perform to RVP's level last season?

So how can it be that of all the players in the team it is the only player that is at the top of most of the performance indices that you blame?

because in the absence of his general, rooney has failed to take games by the scruff of the neck. go back to last season when rooney was unfit & missed games, RVP stood tall - he took out everything standing in his way & we won the league by 11 points with the same midfield you are condemning here.

did RVP win the golden boot with a midfield of llana, ross barkley & yaya toure? no!!! he won it with the midfield of the anderson/cleverley, wingers like nani/young/welbeck. so unless you are telling me 6 players became shyte at the same time, you are not advancing any point one jot!!!

their level is the same as last season's & it's rooney's inefficiency upfront that is making those midfielders look bad. because the media dare not blame rooney else he plants a bomb @ the emirates, lesser mortals like anderson, cleverley, kagawa, young & nani automatically become the scapegoats!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
Presbulg: Haha grin
Who posted dis shyte here...........if i was the mod i will fuvcking ban you like 20years grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kaypumpin2(m): 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
This forum is the only Manchester United's fandom where Rooney is castigated.Talk about untainted vindictiveness.

Truth is,the whole team is pants now and Rooney's so called gragra is the only bright spot for now.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
coogar:

because his salary is dredging up out resources & he cannot lead the team to glory like his peers in the same wage bracket. messi/ronaldo score more than 60-70% of their team's total goals - how is rooney faring? grin cheesy grin

nani/young? players who have been top assist makers in this league for several seasons. they were both injured last season so we didn't get the best of them. this season, they are playing under the most visionless, most disillusioned & the most brainless manager planet earth has produced.

you still don't get the point or you are doing your best to run away from the facts. rooney by default is the 2nd best player in the squad. in the absence of RVP, he becomes the best by default but that is not the crucial issue - the issue is should suarez/aguero/ramsey be outperforming a fit rooney in the league? when RVP was fit, he had every defender in this country in his back pocket - 2 back to back golden boots is the testimony to robin's mercurial ability.

has rooney done in the same? no!!!

only 6 players? are these players earning more than rooney or less? shouldn't that be a disgrace to rooney? shouldn't rooney ask for a pay-cut till he can perform to RVP's level last season?

because in the absence of his general, rooney has failed to take games by the scruff of the neck. go back to last season when rooney was unfit & missed games, RVP stood tall - he took out everything standing in his way & we won the league by 11 points with the same midfield you are condemning here. did RVP win the golden boot with a midfield of llana, ross barkley & yaya toure? no!!! he won it with the midfield of the anderson/cleverley, wingers like nani/young/welbeck.

their level is the same as last season's & it's rooney's inefficiency upfront that is making those midfielders look bad. because the media dare not blame rooney else he plants a bomb @ the emirates, lesser mortals like anderson, cleverley, kagawa, young & nani automatically become the scapegoats!!!
Coogar i take god name beg u free rooney...he is not our problem rather mumu moyes.....i get ur point buh nonetheless he is not our only player here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
JayKayMaybachz: Coogar i take god name beg u free rooney...he is not our problem rather mumu moyes.....i get ur point buh nonetheless he is not our only player here

think about it - £1m a month since 2010. that's £36m so far that rooney has stolen from the club's coffers.

that dosh could have gotten another hernandez, a new tiote, a non-dreadlocked alex song plus a cissokho to relieve evra a bit.

kay_pumpin: This forum is the only Manchester United's fandom where Rooney is castigated.Talk about untainted vindictiveness.

Truth is,the whole team is pants now and Rooney's so called gragra is the only bright spot for now.

to the nakëd eye, this is very correct.......but there's a logical argument that actually proves rooney himself is the reason we are not ticking. couldn't this just be the ruud syndrome?

many thought united were crazy to let van nistelrooy go. ruud scored about 25 goals per season(easily our best player) but the football quality itself was dire. he left & united started beating teams up & down....

the outcome? 3 back to back PL titles plus a CL title to boot!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Presbulg(m): 8:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
JayKayMaybachz: Who posted dis shyte here...........if i was the mod i will fuvcking ban you like 20years grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1460162_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687

here we go again.....

buttner on the left when fabio is fit. young on the right when cutting-in from the left is his biggest strength. rio starting when smalling/evans provide more security when teams break against us.

perhaps moyes is an ADHD patient!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
Who does Anderson have to kill to get a start?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
montelik: Who does Anderson have to kill to get a start?

maybe moyes can't decide yet which of anderson/zaha shaggëd his daughter. they have a very similar skin colour.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
dayokanu:

How many league goals has Inista scored in his career?

Ozil has 32 league goals in 5 season In that same time Iniesta has 15 league goals

So tell us something new

It is only when your goals and assists win you UCL and several league triphies that they matter. You could just be scoring against relagation sides. While the other man lift his team in crucial times.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 8:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
Grabbing my pop corn and baileys.

I will take any result that comes our way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
n0m0705:
RVP had zero shot on target. RVP zero shot off target.
Chicharito managed only 11 touches in the first half.
Manchester United were the only Premier League side to make fewer than 100 passes in the attacking third this weekend.
All these horrible stats in just one match? Don't you think that is an indictment on the suppossed playmaker? I am not taking anything away from rvp, I am just trying to point out your bias criticism of Rooney.
Besides I'll like you to name 3 matches in which rooney had 63% pass completion.

Your chat shows Rooney's average pass accuracy is 79%. Why have we always been deceived it's 62%?

Had some of us not been on this thread, a neutral person who doesn't watch Man United would have been made to believe Rooney worse than Brown Ideye. They yell at every mistake of his during matches and keep mute on their favourite players fatal errors.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
superstar1: Grabbing my pop corn and baileys.

I will take any result that comes our way.

can't wait for the match to finish. ITV's doing a documentary after the match: keane/vieira(the best of enemies). that's what i am itching to see.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kaypumpin2(m): 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
coogar:
to the nakëd eye, this is very correct.......but there's a logical argument that actually proves rooney himself is the reason we are not ticking. couldn't this just be the ruud syndrome?

many thought united were crazy to let van nistelrooy go. ruud scored about 25 goals per season(easily our best player) but the football quality itself was dire. he left & united started beating teams up & down....

the outcome? 3 back to back PL titles plus a CL title to boot!!!

But we saw the team without Rooney against Newcastle,same dire performance.

Rooney is not the problem of this present team,the problems run deeper.Starting from the gaffer's lack of knowledge of his first eleven and what tactics to employ.

PS:This Mandela tributes give me goose pimples all the time.I never knew how highly held he is till now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
doubt it will be any good. what more do either of them have to say about each other or their previous clubs, we haven't heard before
coogar:

can't wait for the match to finish. ITV's doing a documentary after the match: keane/vieira(the best of enemies). that's what i am itching to see.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
kay_pumpin:
But we saw the team without Rooney against Newcastle,same dire performance.

without kagawa & unfit RVP - that must be stressed!

Rooney is not the problem of this present team,the problems run deeper.Starting from the gaffer's lack of knowledge of his first eleven and what tactics to employ.

ozil would have come to us - the same ozil that has lifted arsenal's dead spirit.

PS:This Mandela tributes give me goose pimples all the time.I never knew how highly held he is till now.

27 years of his life in jail - it's a big deal!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
Are we sure, we are playing at OT?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hmmm! We need prayers o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.