Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6593) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8732911 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6590) (6591) (6592) (6593) (6594) (6595) (6596) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 19, 2019
What is the guy playing sef 200k

How much Draxler and Willian dey collect sef

Except to run, what else is he offering the team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibukzy: 10:53am On Apr 19, 2019
but you added "and" to ur statement
hensben:
Didn’t you see why I put work rate in my first sentence. Does Kante not have work rate undecided
hensben:

Pogba need a quality midfielder that is a workaholic and also good at dictating play in the mode of prime modric, Kante or Pirlo to excel. Pogba is Dele Alli with skills. Their best position is AMF or LMF.

You suppose to use the word "OR"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 19, 2019
thorrvik55:
LET ME JUST DROP THIS ONE HERE...
when u are a certified Maga, why won’t Rashford self be stalling contract talks.. cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 19, 2019
Club captain ffs cheesy grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
when u are a certified Maga, why won’t Rashford self be stalling contract talks.. cheesy grin

Don't blame rashford bro... Every reasonable human being will do same, he offers more to the team than Sanchez so why will he not want an improved contract?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Machozini: 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2019
MobileGees:
A quick question for United fans:

You are the manager of Manchester United and have been handed a £250m transfer budget, who do you sign?

Adam Ounas.
Kostas Manolas.
Toby Alderweireld.
Wan Bissaka.
Bruno Fernandes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 19, 2019
thorrvik55:

Don't blame rashford bro... Every reasonable human being will do same, he offers more to the team than Sanchez so why will he not want an improved contract?
nothing in my post blamed Rashford. Reason I said verified maga. Man-U has set a wrong precedence, they are the architect of their woes in transfer market. No one will want to come without exploiting the club. Sometimes u need to call the bluffs of players in transfer market to make a statement. Case in point Pep vs Sanchez Pep Vs Mahrez/Leicester.

Wenger (though his was too extreme) envisaged something like this. Reason for persisting with his style of transfer dealings.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2019
GloryIsaac:
Funny stuff... The man will still start him again shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2019
Neimar:

ur LORD
You are ten notches below the regular fool.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
thorrvik55:
LET ME JUST DROP THIS ONE HERE...
He whom the gods want to kill, they first make mad. Marcus Rashford is running mad.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2019
GloryIsaac:
This wan na story. Young will still start. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neimar: 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
LoRdCaT:
You are ten notches below the regular fool.

lemme laff at ur misery and ignorance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ibukzy:
but you added "and" to ur statement

You suppose to use the word "OR"
True. Mistake.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueRayDick: 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
Itsmedozie Kiloshele gan gan?

Anytime I take a bottle of beer and it's not Ur money I'm using the thing dey pain me.

Until I appoint debt collector before u pay Ur debt?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2019
LoRdCaT:
This wan na story. Young will still start. grin

Tundexxy:

Funny stuff... The man will still start him again shocked

Politics grin

I hope they should surprise me by benching him though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 2:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
BlueRayDick:
Itsmedozie Kiloshele gan gan?

Anytime I take a bottle of beer and it's not Ur money I'm using the thing dey pain me.

Until I appoint debt collector before u pay Ur debt?
don't let this guy deactivate cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KGD10: 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2019
I really don't know why O'Connor can't be given the nod. Tbh, only O'Connor and Garner I see making it out of the youth team. Greenwood could be a distant third cos of his mental strength (his technical skills have been largely exaggerated) but with others, I really don't see it with them.

Chong looks a bit erratic both in his dribbling and decision making when drifting inside. He's also too one footed for my likeness however, his dribbling looks far better on the left side than on the right. I love his movement though and he's got some cross whipping skill on him. Maybe, there's a left winger in the mould of Sane who also often looks rubbish on the right wing.

It's high time Ole promoted O'Connor. I'm sure he can't do worse than the abject Young in the full back role.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2019
Kagawa, the beer parlour analyst don cum again. .grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
sinizia:
Some people just won't make heaven. Whoever wrote those words is heartless. cry grin

You'd have to understand Igbo to truly enjoy the savagery of the writer. grin

I think BBC just employed professional trolls to run their Igbo and Yoruba website. Something about Nsukka pepper
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:08pm On Apr 19, 2019
Tundexxy:
Kagawa, the beer parlour analyst don cum again. .grin

Lol he has made some good points in this case. His problem is when he starts overhyping Poole, Harrop, and Tosin Kehinde.

Many close followers believe O’Connor is the most complete full back we have in the youth set up but i am afraid all the LB,RB and CB he has been playing will damage his natural RB play.

At this stage I would play any of O’ Connor, Laird, or even crazy Brandon Williams instead of that hunchback Ashley Old.

I completely agree with his assertion on Chong. He often appears more decisive when he plays on the left.

Greenwood and Garner have bags of potential and while Greenwood might have the higher ceiling Garner might be the safer bet.
However I don’t agree that Greenwood is technically limited like that. His touch, finishing and passing is already better than Rashford’s, and Martial can learn from him in terms of movement and pressing.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NLBigBoy: 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
MobileGees:
A quick question for United fans:

You are the manager of Manchester United and have been handed a £250m transfer budget, who do you sign?

Aaron Bin Wassaka for RB
Nicholas Pepe or Richarlison for RW
Wilfried Ndidi for CM
Then Marouane Fellaini for Tree because Earth is dieing and we need more trees

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 3:31pm On Apr 19, 2019
Lana1:
I said 19 yr olds because it was a 19 yr old and 21 yr old that balled to knock Juve out yesterday. Even against Madrid, it's those same young guys that shined.

So because Ajax play with 30 yr olds means we must also play with 30 yr olds? This was how we kept calling Scholes out of retirement instead of going in for Modric. Mediocrity.

Ur Matic was out injured and United was winning. Even won at PSG. The moment he came back, we lost first game because he was too slow and couldn't block Xhaka from shooting. And against Watford, he was useless as expected losing possession anyhow and even rated as the worst United player on the pitch.

Meanwhile look at the Young you said had a good game yesterday.
Not only Matic, Pogba was also out. We keep playing Pogba, which for me doesn't need to start all our matches
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NLBigBoy: 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2019
afrodoc2:

Lol he has made some good points in this case. His problem is when he starts overhyping Poole, Harrop, and Tosin Kehinde.

Many close followers believe O’Connor is the most complete full back we have in the youth set up but i am afraid all the LB,RB and CB he has been playing will damage his natural RB play.

At this stage I would play any of O’ Connor, Laird, or even crazy Brandon Williams instead of that hunchback Ashley Old.

I completely agree with his assertion on Chong. He often appears more decisive when he plays on the left.

Greenwood and Garner have bags of potential and while Greenwood might have the higher ceiling Garner might be the safer bet.
However I don’t agree that Greenwood is technically limited like that. His touch, finishing and passing is already better than Rashford’s, and Martial can learn from him in terms of movement and pressing.

I don’t believe in potential anymore especially after Martial and Ravel Morrison but that Greenwood boy scares me, Nigga scores goals with both foot for fun...Imagine somebody that bangs in free kicks with left and right foot, we might have a dembele on our hand cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
Most team depends on their youth team for defence players as it is more easier to be a good defender when the team has a very good midfielder than to be an attacker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 3:48pm On Apr 19, 2019
NLBigBoy:

Aaron Bin Wassaka for RB
Nicholas Pepe or Richarlison for RW
Wilfried Ndidi for CM
Then Marouane Fellaini for Tree because Earth is dieing and we need more trees
Who is Aaron bin wassaka ffs? He is Aaron Wan Bissaka dude. grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NLBigBoy: 3:53pm On Apr 19, 2019
LoRdCaT:
Who is Aaron bin wassaka ffs? He is Aaron Wan Bissaka dude. grin

Oh for real? Noted grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KGD10: 3:54pm On Apr 19, 2019
afrodoc2:

Poole was Newport's best defender against Man City. There's nothing wrong with Poole. The fact that he's been solid in the LCB role, despite being right footed speaks a lot about his talent. No wonder he's been doing good in the RCB role for Newport. That reminds me, Tuazenbe looked abject when he was deployed in the LCB role for the youth team.

As for Greenwood, he's good but a good dribber? He's not. He's got a good touch and fierce shots on him as a forward. He also looks to be strong but that's all. I'm not saying he's not good enough but just that he's been overhyped a lot. He doesn't even have the blistering pace of Mbappe.

Garner has better close control and agility than Greenwood for example. I love what I have seen from Garner in the holding midfield role but I don't know of his mental strength nor how up he would be for the senior team because he's had forgettable performances the last time out.

As for O'Connor, he looks better than Laird sef for me. He has the technique, intelligence, linkup play and defensive awareness in his game unlike Laird who tend to operate on raw power and pace alone. I even saw Laird pushing some opponent away just to continue his run on the ball rather than use his technique to manoeuvre. I doubt he would get that in the EPL where opponent can match him strength for strength and pace for pace. His defensive awareness isn't that good also.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
KGD10:

Poole was Newport's best defender against Man City. There's nothing wrong with Poole. The fact that he's been solid in the LCB role, despite being right footed speaks a lot about his talent. No wonder he's been doing good in the RCB role for Newport. That reminds me, Tuazenbe looked abject when he was deployed in the LCB role for the youth team.

As for Greenwood, he's good but a good dribber? He's not. He's got a good touch and fierce shots on him as a forward. He also looks to be strong but that's all. I'm not saying he's not good enough but just that he's been overhyped a lot. He doesn't even have the blistering pace of Mbappe.

Garner has better close control and agility than Greenwood for example. I love what I have seen from Garner in the holding midfield role but I don't know of his mental strength nor how up he would be for the senior team because he's had forgettable performances the last time out.

As for O'Connor, he looks better than Laird sef for me. He has the technique, intelligence, linkup play and defensive awareness in his game unlike Laird who tend to operate on raw power and pace alone. I even saw Laird pushing some opponent away just to continue his run on the ball rather than use his technique to manoeuvre. I doubt he would get that in the EPL where opponent can match him strength for strength and pace for pace. His defensive awareness isn't that good also.

I can’t really knock anything you said from Greenwood downwards. His growth spurt has somewhat diminished his blistering pace but his technique is still better than the people we have now.

Also it’s true O’Connor is more mature and composed defensively than Laird, and this has been aided by the fact that O’Connor has played a lot of CB.
Laird is more highly hyped because he is just so supremely talented. Luckily his education has not been derailed the way they did to people like Demi Mitchell, Tim Fosu Mensah and almost did to Scott McTominay.

But all that Poole and Harrop yarns needs to be tippexed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KGD10: 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
afrodoc2:

I can’t really knock anything you said from Greenwood downwards. His growth spurt has somewhat diminished his blistering pace but his technique is still better than the people we have now.

Also it’s O’Connor is more mature and composed than Laird, and this has been aided by the fact that O’Connor has played a lot of CB.
Laird is more highly hyped because he is just so supremely talented. Luckily his education has not been derailed the way they did to people like Demi Mitchell, Tim Fosu Mensah and almost did to Scott McTominay.

But all that Poole and Harrop yarns needs to be sent to tippexed.

Sent where? That we should disregard the fact that Poole looked quality against Man City who had plenty of quality players on the pitch? Or the fact that Harrop was the best player on the pitch when he played for us? Sorry, I can't disregard that fact.

As for Greenwood, while he's got a solid touch, I don't see the control, agility nor the pace in his game. His off the ball movement needs an improvement also. However, He's got fierce shots on him with lot of precision. I also love the fact that he loves to put himself about and he's always up for it. Such mental strength can do a lot for him. There's definitely a player in there but he's too overhyped.

I really don't see the talent in Laird. This isn't the first time a youth player has looked good due to the physical advantage he had. There's no way he would be allowed to push people off the ball to have his way in the EPL, like he's been doing so far in the youth team. I don't also see the agility in his game, like I have seen with O'Connor. O'Connor's game seem to look much more refined to me and doesn't seem to operate on pure strength nor raw pace eventhough he's no pushover.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2019
KGD10:

Sent where? That we should disregard the fact that Poole looked quality against Man City who had plenty of quality players on the pitch? Or the fact that Harrop was the best player on the pitch when he played for us? Sorry, I can't disregard that fact.

As for Greenwood, while he's got a solid touch, I don't see the control, agility nor the pace in his game. His off the ball movement needs an improvement also. However, He's got a fierce shots on him with lot of precision. I also love the fact that he loves to put himself about and he's always up for it. Such mental strength can do a lot for him. There's definitely a player in there but too overhyped.

I really don't see the talent in Laird. This isn't the first time a youth player has looked good due to the physical advantage he had. There's no way he would be allowed to push people off the ball to have his way, just like he's been doing so far. I don't see the agility in his game, like I have seen with O'Connor. O'Connor's game seem to look much more refined to me and doesn't seem to operate on pure strength nor raw pace eventhough he's no pushover.

Laird has been bullying them in youth leagues forever. Hopefully he can be our own Kyle Walker rather than TFM. Luckily for him unlike TFM (who was played at RB, CB, CDM, CM and ended up mastering no position) he has been played mainly at RB.

It is always difficult to anticipate who will make it and who won’t because talent alone is not enough.

We have 3 RBs with varying skill sets in the academy I.e O’Connor, Laird, Williams and i believe at least one of them should make it to the first team.
O’Connor is defensively superior, Laird is the athletic powerhouse while Williams has a nasty streak and is the superior creator.
May one of them deliver us from Ashley Old.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
afrodoc2:

Laird has been bullying them in youth leagues forever. Hopefully he can be our own Kyle Walker rather than TFM. Luckily for him unlike TFM (who was played at RB, CB, CDM, CM and ended up mastering no position) he has been played mainly at RB.

It is always difficult to anticipate who will make it and who won’t because talent alone is not enough.

We have 3 RBs with varying skill sets in the academy I.e O’Connor, Laird, Williams and i believe at least one of them should make it to the first team.
O’Connor is defensively superior, Laird is the athletic powerhouse while Williams has a nasty streak and is the superior creator.
May one of them deliver us from Ashley Old.

Amennnn...

That guy is a pain in the anus
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2019
Have you guys noticed that EPL is doing it BIG in Europe. Atleast 4 teams representing epl in Europe...

#Improvement

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6590) (6591) (6592) (6593) (6594) (6595) (6596) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: melodyogonna(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.