Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8826445 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6675) (6676) (6677) (6678) (6679) (6680) (6681) ... (14204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:21pm On May 08, 2019
No tactics involved in these games jor. Sheer power and 'Fellaini' long ball type football... when push comes to shove, english teams are not ashamed to resort to 'agricultural' football. Na where dem pass other europeans wen go wan dey form stylish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neimar: 10:28pm On May 08, 2019
Tottenham abeg win ucl
arsenal thread go burn
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:52pm On May 08, 2019
RuuDie:
No tactics involved in these games jor. Sheer power and 'Fellaini' long ball type football... when push comes to shove, english teams are not ashamed to resort to 'agricultural' football. Na where dem pass other europeans wen go wan dey form stylish!
Lol abeg o. That one no follow. We need to know what kind of taktiks Spurs and Ajax play today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 11:06pm On May 08, 2019
I'm sorry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:54pm On May 08, 2019
Lana1:
Lol abeg o. That one no follow. We need to know what kind of taktiks Spurs and Ajax play today.

Anywhere belle face tactics grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 12:03am On May 09, 2019
RuuDie:
When you have Llorente up against Blind why stress yourself with too many passes?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:09am On May 09, 2019
chidexxy007:

When you have Llorente up against Blind why stress yourself with too many passes?

LooL. Llorente won every duel he had with Daley Blind. I felt sorry for the small man at some point. It was open bullying and no one could save the poor guy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 12:23am On May 09, 2019
Leyqute:

LooL. Llorente won every duel he had with Daley Blind. I felt sorry for the small man at some point. It was open bullying and no one could save the poor guy.
grin grin

The guy just came and unstable that Ajax team..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:48am On May 09, 2019
Leyqute:

Even Moura wan kill dem with pace. That first goal, see where he ran from after winning the pull out from Rose. He dusted everybody to get to the ball.

Pochettino needs to bench Kane for that final. Spurs have always played better without him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 12:54am On May 09, 2019
Lana1:
Never said they weren't playing well. Alls i'm saying is i cant see any definitive style of play in their game yet they are playing well....but....some people here want OGS to paste his own tactics on signboard outside Stretford End before they can be convinced.
Nawa o. Why didn't you come out to say this thing after Man City Vs Tottenham?? Did you just start watching Tottenham cuz I don't understand you guys. All of you wey no gree say Ole is a wrong choice go calm down laslas.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 12:58am On May 09, 2019
RuuDie:

Anywhere belle face tactics grin
Sense is far from you bro. The anywhere belle face tactics won them the match. A good manager knows when to switch to pragmatic football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:04am On May 09, 2019
RuuDie:
Real Madrid are ready to resort to your so called agricultural football if push comes to shove. That's what's got them successful in Europe in recent times. Know when to play fancy football and when to play pragmatic football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:03am On May 09, 2019
Ole the wheeler!

Abeg, since we are going to have all English UEFA and Europa league finals, any hope for united?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:14am On May 09, 2019
ChristineC:
are you saying OGS should be sacked this summer or what?

Don't know why they appointed him in the first place. He was going to be a caretaker till the end of the season. Common sense should tell everyone that big teams perform well in first few games (at least 75percent of the time) when managers are changed, because it's a new regime, fresh environment, players will try to deliver. But then, you start to see the real change after some time. There are many precedents.

We should have waited! Anyway, there is still time, we can still salvage what is left and move on. We can't afford to have a rookie do a rebuild. Can be senseless at times. We need to stop these emotional and familiarity biases. Same thing happened during Moyes' time because Na Fergie recommend am.

We should stop putting all the blames on the players, most of these players were playing very well before they joined united, Mourinho second season, they played very well, even first few games of Ole the wheeler. I still remember how you guys were buying forms when they were playing very well. We celebrated big time when they were joining united, how come they are now shyte all of a sudden?

There is no way a work team will function well without a good manager, even if you adopt a flat org structure, there is still a lead that is dishing out instructions and telling the members how to do things.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 4:59am On May 09, 2019
Singapore1:

is your daddy you will troll into depression if my statement was too big for your brain to comprehend grin , don't go and find job ... all this nigga wey start trolling yesterday grin
and where did i insult you?
in a bet between two people only one will win ..
i even bet liverpool to win last night ( and barca to qualify which i lost of course )

here is my last week post .. read slowly this time

So who asked you for Explanation now? i would have said that i would troll your dad into depression but the man is already hella depressed due to the fact that he has a worthless son like you. Worthless thing. Useless Barcabot grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 5:00am On May 09, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
na Lordcat he’s asking me to drop my contact

Bros drop it na? is there any problem in that?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 5:01am On May 09, 2019
afrodoc2:

Lordcat abeg collect kokaneprodigy’s acct details and pay him let’s all move on.
Doc i will pay him oo. I don't see what all the fuss is about really.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 6:00am On May 09, 2019
please is there a way Woodward can sack OGS this summer and bring in Pochetino .....

Man is a genius getting to UCL Finsls with zero signings....

How I wished he was the one we hired not this Jon Snow that knows notin called OGS .....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 6:23am On May 09, 2019
All of you shouting for Pochettino to be installed are incredibly deluded.

Who told you he is available?

Pochettino is not available at any cost as Daniel Levy would sooner give you his last functional kidney than let Mauricio go.

Better figure out ways to support the new manager instead of looking for ready made again like "proven winner" JM

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:19am On May 09, 2019
nitrogen:

Don't know why they appointed him in the first place. He was going to be a caretaker till the end of the season. Common sense should tell everyone that big teams perform well in first few games (at least 75percent of the time) when managers are changed, because it's a new regime, fresh environment, players will try to deliver. But then, you start to see the real change after some time. There are many precedents.

We should have waited! Anyway, there is still time, we can still salvage what is left and move on. We can't afford to have a rookie do a rebuild. Can be senseless at times. We need to stop these emotional and familiarity biases. Same thing happened during Moyes' time because Na Fergie recommend am.

We should stop putting all the blames on the players, most of these players were playing very well before they joined united, Mourinho second season, they played very well, even first few games of Ole the wheeler. I still remember how you guys were buying forms when they were playing very well. We celebrated big time when they were joining united, how come they are now shyte all of a sudden?

There is no way a work team will function well without a good manager, even if you adopt a flat org structure, there is still a lead that is dishing out instructions and telling the members how to do things.

chief the board has brought in David Moyes - proven EPL quality, kept Everton competing just below the big boys and a notch above the rest with negligible investment in playing staff. He couldn't get players he wanted because the players he chased simply didn't believe in him. How market? he report sheet was woeful!

the board has brought in LvG - seasoned manager for both club and country, managed players who felt they had balls and showed them he had even bigger, hairier balls. He managed to get a good percentage of the players he wanted but his report sheet wasn't good.

the board has brought in JM - seasoned manager, tested and trusted; been around Europe, he's won it all, you name it. He got his own players with relative ease although exorbitant cost but nobody cared because we wanted to return to the top and we've got one of the best in business. His score sheet was good but lacked a certain flavor and he lost the same players he recruited.

seasoned managers didn't exactly light up the candles, the board has decided to try the other extreme of the stick and brought in a "rookie", why is there this reluctance to give him space? the players cannot sustain pressing from the front, they cannot score their chances, defenders keep making rookie mistakes at the rear, goalkeeper keep spilling back-passes; all of these were not so in his first few weeks and even when people argue that he didn't do anything and the players suddenly decided to play football after JM was sacked, then why couldn't the players sustain the intensity? We cannot keep parading lazy men who need extra motivation to pocket an average $300k weekly, stats show these guys cover much lesser grounds than more than half of the EPL teams and we are pointing fingers at one man. This defies logic. I don't care how much he wants to recruit this summer but I want see players who chase the ball and frighten opposing teams into mistakes next season. A midfield of Henderson and Milner unsettled Barcelona completely, nothin:g Henderson and geriatric fuckin:g Milner? Let's be serious please.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 7:37am On May 09, 2019
ChristineC:

chief the board has brought in David Moyes - proven EPL quality, kept Everton competing just below the big boys and a notch above the rest with negligible investment in playing staff. He couldn't get players he wanted because the players he chased simply didn't believe in him. How market? he report sheet was woeful!

the board has brought in LvG - seasoned manager for both club and country, managed players who felt they had balls and showed them he had even bigger, hairier balls. He managed to get a good percentage of the players he wanted but his report sheet wasn't good.

the board has brought in JM - seasoned manager, tested and trusted; been around Europe, he's won it all, you name it. He got his own players with relative ease although exorbitant cost but nobody cares because we wanted to return to the top and we've got one of the best in business. His score sheet was good but packed a certain flavor and he lost the same players he recruited.

seasoned managers didn't exactly light up the candles, the board has decided to try the other extreme of the stick and brought in a "rookie", why is there this reluctance to give him space? the players cannot sustain pressing from the front, they cannot score their chances, defenders keep making rookie mistakes at the rear, goalkeeper keep spilling back-passes; all of these were not so in his first few weeks and even when people argue that he didn't do anything and the players suddenly decided to play football after JM was sacked, then why couldn't the players sustain the intensity? We cannot keep parading lazy men who need extra motivation to pocket an average $300k weekly, stats show these guys cover much lesser grounds than more than half of the EPL teams and we are pointing fingers at one man. This defies logic. I don't care how much he wants to recruit this summer but I want see players who chase the ball and frighten opposing teams into mistakes next season. A midfield of Henderson and Milner unsettled Barcelona completely, nothin:g Henderson and geriatric fuckin:g Milner? Let's be serious please.

Now you agree that the boiz turned up in the first few games of Ole's era because they are good, so, why did the intensity disappear? Do you even watch our games, we have no direction, style, nothing. First few games, we were doing counter attacks, right? So, what are we playing now? Fact is you need a sensible manager to get players' acts together, otherwise you should just buy players and tell them to start playing without a manager.

Henderson and Milner have a coach that knows what he is doing and is bringing out the best from them. Klopp met these average players and turned them to some hard-working smart players.

Of course, we have tried out other managers, but they messed up, I could say maybe only Van Gaal was building something before he was sacked. The fact is you continue to hire and fire until you get it right, case in point, Real Madrid, Chelsea, even Man City. Football has moved on from days of Alex when you stay and hope things get better.

Now, even if we are in agreement that the club needs a rebuild, don't you think it's better to get an experienced manager or a rookie that has some tactics/style in his arsenal. There is no sense in appointing someone that has no fvcking experience and no football coaching sense. Can you tell me what specific thing this guy has going for him? Reason they even have Mike on board. They knew, but they were too quick to react to the winning streak.

What I know is that this guy will be sacked this summer or by December. The former makes more sense than the latter, otherwise you would loose time, money, supporters, and even lives of die hard man Utd fans.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:45am On May 09, 2019
The earlier we agreed that we cannot all love or like the appointment of OGS the better for all. Names calling and bashing won't help any of us.

Some people here still want JM back. They're his hard core fans. While some still believed that LvG should still remain at the helm of this club. Some here (who knows themselves) still want Moyes to be given the same treatment that LvG and JM enjoyed that he'd have succeeded.

In all, we can't love or like them alike. We should just do our dissection without calling for each other's head.

The way forward for the club should be our concern and responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 7:50am On May 09, 2019
nitrogen:

Now you agree that the boiz turned up in the first few games of Ole's era because they are good, so, why did the intensity disappear? Do you even watch our games, we have no direction, style, nothing. First few games, we were doing counter attacks, right? So, what are we playing now? Fact is you need a sensible manager to get players' acts together, otherwise you should just buy players and tell them to start playing without a manager.

Henderson and Milner have a coach that knows what he is doing and is bringing out the best from them. Klopp met these average players and turned them to some hard-working smart players.

Of course, we have tried out other managers, but they messed up, I could say maybe only Van Gaal was building something before he was sacked. The fact is you continue to hire and fire until you get it right, case in point, Real Madrid, Chelsea, even Man City. Football has moved on from days of Alex when you stay and hope things get better.

Now, even if we are in agreement that the club needs a rebuild, don't you think it's better to get an experienced manager or a rookie that has some tactics/style in his arsenal. There is no sense in appointing someone that has no fvcking experience and no football coaching sense. Can you tell me what specific thing this guy has going for him? Reason they even have Mike on board. They knew, but they were too quick to react to the winning streak.

What I know is that this guy will be sacked this summer or by December. The former makes more sense than the latter, otherwise you would loose time, money, supporters, and even lives of die hard man Utd fans.

why do you need to be sacking everytime,how many years have klopp and pochettino used. Can't you give him like 2 years or more, in my opinion changing managers only work for a short time that's why man utd and chelsea are facing issue maybe arsenal too.
let him work with the guys and sell off those he doesn't want, it takes a long time to build a team nah
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 8:03am On May 09, 2019
sod09:
why do you need to be sacking everytime,how many years have klopp and pochettino used. Can't you give him like 2 years or more, in my opinion changing managers only work for a short time that's why man utd and chelsea are facing issue maybe arsenal too.
let him work with the guys and sell off those he doesn't want, it takes a long time to build a team nah

Bros, what are you saying? That your Arsenal mentality wont help here abeg.

You did not mention Real Madrid, Bacelona, Bayern etc. Let me show you something, Barca has had five managers (post Guardiola) in the last 10 years. Six for Real Madrid in the last 10 years, Nine for Bayern (including about 3 temp managers). Man City too. These clubs are arguably the best right now (or have been in the last 5 years). Now tell me what is common, fire, hire, re-hire, and then buy a couple of players everytime they hire and re-hire.

Forget tradition and DNA, whatever it takes to get to the top, just fuvking do it!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Singapore1(m): 8:10am On May 09, 2019
LoRdCaT:
So who asked you for Explanation now? i would have said that i would troll your dad into depression but the man is already happy due to the fact that he has a great son like you. Fantastic thing. Useful Barcabot grin
I'm sha sorry grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 8:13am On May 09, 2019
nitrogen:

Bros, what are you saying? That your Arsenal mentality wont help here abeg.

You did not mention Real Madrid, Bacelona, Bayern etc. Let me show you something, Barca has had five managers (post Guardiola) in the last 10 years. Six for Real Madrid in the last 10 years, Nine for Bayern (including about 3 temp managers). Man City too. These clubs are arguably the best right now (or have been in the last 5 years). Now tell me what is common, fire, hire, re-hire, and then buy a couple of players everytime they hire and re-hire.

Forget tradition and DNA, whatever it takes to get to the top, just fuvking do it!
apart from local league how many ucl did barca and bayern win
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 8:23am On May 09, 2019
sod09:
apart from local league how many ucl did barca and bayern win

Barca - 3
Bayern - 1, (2 runners up)
Real - 4

Now, one funny thing is Ferguson was termed one of the greats because he won many local titles. So, I sincerely don't care about CL, it will definitely come, so far you are consistently doing well in the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 8:32am On May 09, 2019
nitrogen:

Barca - 3
Bayern - 1, (2 runners up)
Real - 4

Now, one funny thing is Ferguson was termed one of the greats because he won many local titles. So, I sincerely don't care about CL, it will definitely come, so far you are consistently doing well in the league.
so what is your point?
the early appointment of ole or he couldn't qualify for ucl you don't even have hope of if he didnt come.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 8:59am On May 09, 2019
sod09:
so what is your point?
the early appointment of ole or he couldn't qualify for ucl you don't even have hope of if he didnt come.

Please go back to your posts and my responses so you can understand this conversation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 9:06am On May 09, 2019
nitrogen:

Please go back to your posts and my responses so you can understand this conversation.
okay enjoy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:18am On May 09, 2019
nitrogen:

Our 2nd place finish in Mourinho's second season is entirely because of David De Gea... Don't even mention Europa league because that completely exposes how shiit this club has become.

Putting blame on players lol, is it Ole that made De Gea spill the ball against Chelsea and Barca? Or is it him that stopped Rashford and Co from not scoring clear-cut chances? What magic do you want him to do on that yahoo man Sanchez?, Is it him that purchased Sanchez and gave him a fat salary that scattered the club's wage structure?

Who else was expected to take the job?, Pochettino. You think Daniel Levy will let Poch leave just like that? or does this look like some football manager game bullshiit?!

Before Mourinho got sacked, despite having as much as 18 games remaining, the club had already lost hope on UCL qualification....

Even OGS made it very clear that we have seen the last of some players in a ManUtd shirt!

Y'all need to take a fvcking chill pill abeg.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:23am On May 09, 2019
eph12:
I hope Klopp wins the competition this year. He needs to be rewarded for his brilliance as a coach. The guy is just too good abeg
Now I want Poch to win it too. These guys have been brilliant

(1) (2) (3) ... (6675) (6676) (6677) (6678) (6679) (6680) (6681) ... (14204) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.