Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,448 members, 7,846,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6679) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8826536 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6676) (6677) (6678) (6679) (6680) (6681) (6682) ... (14204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:26am On May 09, 2019
eph12:

Now I want Poch to win it too. These guys have been brilliant

I dont know, the final is unpredictable. But based on klopp's history, I suspect that Poch will nick it. I hope he does, saw his post match interview some minutes ago, baba was crying.

Chai!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lavoca: 9:30am On May 09, 2019
eph12:

We know you know, multiple personality disorder
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:42am On May 09, 2019
eph12:

Better to just sit back and enjoy the game wink

Whosoever wins, so be it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:52am On May 09, 2019
Lavoca:
We know you know, multiple personality disorder
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:24am On May 09, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Our 2nd place finish in Mourinho's second season is entirely because of David De Gea... Don't even mention Europa league because that completely exposes how shiit this club has become.

Putting blame on players lol, is it Ole that made De Gea spill the ball against Chelsea and Barca? Or is it him that stopped Rashford and Co from not scoring clear-cut chances? What magic do you want him to do on that yahoo man Sanchez?, Is it him that purchased Sanchez and gave him a fat salary that scattered the club's wage structure?

Who else was expected to take the job?, Pochettino. You think Daniel Levy will let Poch leave just like that? or does this look like some football manager game bullshiit?!

Before Mourinho got sacked, despite having as much as 18 games remaining, the club had already lost hope on UCL qualification....

Even OGS made it very clear that we have seen the last of some players in a ManUtd shirt!

Y'all need to take a fvcking chill pill abeg.
Funny thing is that you guys were not saying this before Ole started his winning streak. The expected was that Poch will move to either Man United or Real Madrid. We were already preparing to buy him out of his contract. Poch didn't even totally rule out a move, all he said was he's at Tottenham now. Now that Ole and United fans have made United team out to be totally useless, it'll be more difficult to sign him now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 11:38am On May 09, 2019
ole doesn't have tactics dey say
so indirectly Molde where he came from were tactics-less

cc
nitrogen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:43am On May 09, 2019
ChristineC:

chief the board has brought in David Moyes - proven EPL quality, kept Everton competing just below the big boys and a notch above the rest with negligible investment in playing staff. He couldn't get players he wanted because the players he chased simply didn't believe in him. How market? he report sheet was woeful!

the board has brought in LvG - seasoned manager for both club and country, managed players who felt they had balls and showed them he had even bigger, hairier balls. He managed to get a good percentage of the players he wanted but his report sheet wasn't good.

the board has brought in JM - seasoned manager, tested and trusted; been around Europe, he's won it all, you name it. He got his own players with relative ease although exorbitant cost but nobody cared because we wanted to return to the top and we've got one of the best in business. His score sheet was good but lacked a certain flavor and he lost the same players he recruited.

seasoned managers didn't exactly light up the candles, the board has decided to try the other extreme of the stick and brought in a "rookie", why is there this reluctance to give him space? the players cannot sustain pressing from the front, they cannot score their chances, defenders keep making rookie mistakes at the rear, goalkeeper keep spilling back-passes; all of these were not so in his first few weeks and even when people argue that he didn't do anything and the players suddenly decided to play football after JM was sacked, then why couldn't the players sustain the intensity? We cannot keep parading lazy men who need extra motivation to pocket an average $300k weekly, stats show these guys cover much lesser grounds than more than half of the EPL teams and we are pointing fingers at one man. This defies logic. I don't care how much he wants to recruit this summer but I want see players who chase the ball and frighten opposing teams into mistakes next season. A midfield of Henderson and Milner unsettled Barcelona completely, nothin:g Henderson and geriatric fuckin:g Milner? Let's be serious please.
There's nothing I haven't heard you guys say to defend Ole. The board didn't just decide to try a rookie, they were poised to sign pochetinho before the winning streak began. Let me tell you something you guys don't understand.

At the time Ole was permanently appointed, no one realised that the team would need a massive rebuild. Everyone's feeling then was ' wow so these players are actually good'. I remember souness saying we have a better midfield than Liverpool. That was the feeling then. Months later, everyone is saying United needs a massive overhaul of players.
If the board knew United will need a massive rebuild like the one we're about to face, we would have never appointment Ole permanently. Man United managerial job is the most difficult job in Europe for any team right now, Ole is a rookie. The mismatch is too much.
I had said I wouldn't talk about Ole anymore but watching Liverpool and Man City makes me worried. I know in my mind Man Utd has made a wrong choice in appointing Ole permanently and I can only wonder the gap that would be between us by the time Ole will be sacked. The Ole even said we have to look out for Everton, Leicester and the rest next season when we'll be at the process of rebuilding, that we can't meet up with Liverpool and City until 2 or 3 years after rebuilding. He is creating a soft cushion for himself, no matter how terrible our performance will be next season, we'll be hiding under the guise of rebuilding.. I pity United.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:43am On May 09, 2019
ChristineC:

chief the board has brought in David Moyes - proven EPL quality, kept Everton competing just below the big boys and a notch above the rest with negligible investment in playing staff. He couldn't get players he wanted because the players he chased simply didn't believe in him. How market? he report sheet was woeful!

the board has brought in LvG - seasoned manager for both club and country, managed players who felt they had balls and showed them he had even bigger, hairier balls. He managed to get a good percentage of the players he wanted but his report sheet wasn't good.

the board has brought in JM - seasoned manager, tested and trusted; been around Europe, he's won it all, you name it. He got his own players with relative ease although exorbitant cost but nobody cared because we wanted to return to the top and we've got one of the best in business. His score sheet was good but lacked a certain flavor and he lost the same players he recruited.

seasoned managers didn't exactly light up the candles, the board has decided to try the other extreme of the stick and brought in a "rookie", why is there this reluctance to give him space? the players cannot sustain pressing from the front, they cannot score their chances, defenders keep making rookie mistakes at the rear, goalkeeper keep spilling back-passes; all of these were not so in his first few weeks and even when people argue that he didn't do anything and the players suddenly decided to play football after JM was sacked, then why couldn't the players sustain the intensity? We cannot keep parading lazy men who need extra motivation to pocket an average $300k weekly, stats show these guys cover much lesser grounds than more than half of the EPL teams and we are pointing fingers at one man. This defies logic. I don't care how much he wants to recruit this summer but I want see players who chase the ball and frighten opposing teams into mistakes next season. A midfield of Henderson and Milner unsettled Barcelona completely, nothin:g Henderson and geriatric fuckin:g Milner? Let's be serious please.

T
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:10pm On May 09, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Our 2nd place finish in Mourinho's second season is entirely because of David De Gea... Don't even mention Europa league because that completely exposes how shiit this club has become.

Putting blame on players lol, is it Ole that made De Gea spill the ball against Chelsea and Barca? Or is it him that stopped Rashford and Co from not scoring clear-cut chances? What magic do you want him to do on that yahoo man Sanchez?, Is it him that purchased Sanchez and gave him a fat salary that scattered the club's wage structure?

Who else was expected to take the job?, Pochettino. You think Daniel Levy will let Poch leave just like that? or does this look like some football manager game bullshiit?!

Before Mourinho got sacked, despite having as much as 18 games remaining, the club had already lost hope on UCL qualification....

Even OGS made it very clear that we have seen the last of some players in a ManUtd shirt!

Y'all need to take a fvcking chill pill abeg.

When players perform, we praise the manager, when they play rubbish, we should exonerate the manager. I still dont get it, call a fvcking spade a spade, and move on!

The team was winning games, we were praising the manager, now things are bad, and then the players should be blamed. What? So are you saying that De Gea is not a good keeper? that Pogba, Matic, Hererra, Martial, Rashford and Sanchez are not good and hard working players? You need to understand that the boiz are playing rubbish because something is wrong. When the head is sick and clueless, the whole body is clueless!

Of course, we need additions, but dont tell me all the players we currently parade are useless.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:11pm On May 09, 2019
eph12:

Are they being overworked during training?
overworked for 500k weekly wey person the collect? Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 09, 2019
nitrogen:

When players perform, we praise the manager, when they play rubbish, we should exonerate the manager. I still dont get it, call a fvcking spade a spade, and move on!

The team was winning games, we were praising the manager, now things are bad, and then the players should be blamed. What? So are you saying that De Gea is not a good keeper? that Pogba, Matic, Hererra, Martial, Rashford and Sanchez are not good and hard working players? You need to understand that the boiz are playing rubbish because something is wrong. When the head is sick and clueless, the whole body is clueless!

Of course, we need additions, but dont tell me all the players we currently parade are useless.

There is a gap between planning and execution.

The manager does the planning, the players execute it.

If the manager plans well and the players fail to execute it, it is not his fault. The best he can do at that point is to shout as much as he can from the sidelines, he can't enter the pitch and execute it by himself.

The team can lose as a result of bad planning by the manager a.k.a tactical blunder.... but they can also lose as result of poor execution of what the manager wants.

Ole clearly wants a team that presses high up the pitch, a team that controls the match by scoring within the first ten minutes. Now, Rashford gets a chance to score which is as a result of the manager's instruction to press high up the pitch, but he misses!, how is that the manager's fault? Lukaku plays for about thirty minutes and starts panting profusely, thereby reducing his output on the pitch. Ashley Young is a story for another day.

Yesterday, Tottenham unsettled Ajax playing structure by marking them aggressively and stopping Ajax usual passing style, they forced the Ajax players to start giving air passes instead of the usual ground passes they so much love.
Same thing happened in Liverpool vs Barcelona, the difference was in how clinical the players were. Moura, Wildnajum scored their chances but Rashford and Co made a mess of theirs.

Despite all the criticism on Guardiola, the man knows what he wants. If he plans and you as his player cannot execute, he'll sell you asap. Guardiola had to change goalkeeper four times (Hart, Caballero, Bravo, Ederson) just to get the one that can execute his plan. He bought Nolito and sold him, sold almost the entire City squad and replaced them with guys that can execute his plan.

Check the Liverpool squad before Klopp and check the ones currently playing. Even sold Karius, Mignolet is warming bench, bought Van Dijk etc.

Poch has been with his squad for a long time.

Ole has been here for just 4 months angry 4 months!!! He is coaching the team he found when he arrived, no transfers have been done yet. Why not wait out the transfer window and see what changes have been made before screaming blood and sand? Or you think Poch wouldn't try getting a player like Eriksen and Son to this team if he came here? Daniel Levy won't even let him leave easily lol

Take a chill pill

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:14pm On May 09, 2019
see as people the cry for poch like say na SAF reincarnated, baba has lost 7 of his last 10 league games and even cigar man useless club don overtake am for table. but bcuz he's in the UCL final we should sack ole and appoint him. smh.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:19pm On May 09, 2019
ChristoBam:

There's nothing I haven't heard you guys say to defend Ole. The board didn't just decide to try a rookie, they were poised to sign pochetinho before the winning streak began. Let me tell you something you guys don't understand.

At the time Ole was permanently appointed, no one realised that the team would need a massive rebuild. Everyone's feeling then was ' wow so these players are actually good'. I remember souness saying we have a better midfield than Liverpool. That was the feeling then. Months later, everyone is saying United needs a massive overhaul of players.
If the board knew United will need a massive rebuild like the one we're about to face, we would have never appointment Ole permanently. Man United managerial job is the most difficult job in Europe for any team right now, Ole is a rookie. The mismatch is too much.
I had said I wouldn't talk about Ole anymore but watching Liverpool and Man City makes me worried. I know in my mind Man Utd has made a wrong choice in appointing Ole permanently and I can only wonder the gap that would be between us by the time Ole will be sacked. The Ole even said we have to look out for Everton, Leicester and the rest next season when we'll be at the process of rebuilding, that we can't meet up with Liverpool and City until 2 or 3 years after rebuilding. He is creating a soft cushion for himself, no matter how terrible our performance will be next season, we'll be hiding under the guise of rebuilding.. I pity United.
that's the problem, you think I am defending OGS when there's really nothing to be defensive or offensive about as it were. I have asked someone if they want OGS sacked now and if the answer is yes, what do we sack him for? yes, really what exactly should he be sacked for right now?
everything you have written here is speculation. who showed you the documents that have been poised for Pochettino to sign?
maybe some of you wanted him to win something in 5 months, it hasn't happened. there are managers bring lauded in same league yet to win a spoon since they landed in England.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 09, 2019
Klopp has been at Liverpool since 2015 (4 years ago), no trophy yet. He clearly had a job of rebuilding the team.

Pochettino has been at Tottenham since 2014 (5 years ago), no trophy yet. Hopefully that should change soon.

Guardiola was trolled as a fraud in his first season with Man City, before he ruthlessly sold deadwoods. Even Iheanacho didn't survive the ruthlessness despite all the nonsense emotional blackmail of shouting racism.

Ole told Sky Sports....

''If you want to play at this club, it has to mean more. I want my team to be the hardest working team in this league. I’m going to be successful here, and there are players there that won’t be part of that successful team.

The guy is clearly trying so hard not to call out any player sef, despite being seriously pissed. It's just Sanchez that worries me the most, the guy might not agree to leave because of the crazy weekly pay cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:31pm On May 09, 2019
weedtaker:
see as people the cry for poch like say na SAF reincarnated, baba has lost 7 of his last 10 league games and even cigar man useless club don overtake am for table. but bcuz he's in the UCL final we should sack ole and appoint him. smh.
You're truly a weed smoker. Pochetino got to the UCL final without any signing and you still wan badmouth am. When was the last time Tottenham made any real major signing. Look at the way he manages the club. You should go and check his injury list before you start talking of how many league games he's lost. All those ones na story sef. He's in the top 4 and the UCL final. I don't know when last Man Utd has achieved such feat.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:36pm On May 09, 2019
ChristineC:
that's the problem, you think I am defending OGS when there's really nothing to be defensive or offensive about as it were. I have asked someone if they want OGS sacked now and if the answer is yes, what do we sack him for? yes, really what exactly should he be sacked for right now?
everything you have written here is speculation. who showed you the documents that have been poised for Pochettino to sign?
maybe some of you wanted him to win something in 5 months, it hasn't happened. there are managers bring lauded in same league yet to win a spoon since they landed in England.
What's wrong with you people sef? Who's talking about winning trophies. The question I'm asking is are you really going to trust Ole with building the team United deserves. If Ole wasn't an ex united player, wouldn't you guys be pissed now..
When Ole was hired on a temporary basis some weren't even comfortable with the choice. Then the winning streak came and all of a sudden he's the one that will take us to the level we want. You guys are banking all of your optimism on that winning streak. I pity United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:00pm On May 09, 2019
ChristoBam:

You're truly a weed smoker. Pochetino got to the UCL final without any signing and you still wan badmouth am. When was the last time Tottenham made any real major signing. Look at the way he manages the club. You should go and check his injury list before you start talking of how many league games he's lost. All those ones na story sef. He's in the top 4 and the UCL final. I don't know when last Man Utd has achieved such feat.
Lol, and he has been in charge of tottenham for how many years now? what has he won? you think expectations at man utd and tottenham are the same?

Van gaal won the FA cup and was sacked the next day.

Jose won three trophies finished 2nd and was runner up in the FA CUP final but wasn't backed in his final transfer window cuz the board were skeptical of his transfer targets [WTF!].

Spurs didn't spend cuz there were using their funds in building a stadium, not bcuz they have and refused to spend.

Yet you are comparing him to someone who's been here for just 5-6months, someone who made united believed top 4 might be possible after all hopes were gone following jose's sack, someone who changed our disgraceful goal difference, someone who made us witness a memorable night in paris with the likes of fred, pererria and mctomany FFS!

fuvk you. fvck you, fvck you!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:13pm On May 09, 2019
People say "give him time" because it would be ridiculous to hire and then sack someone within 5 months when they had no chance, to make any impactful changes to the team. The two guys before Ole had much better credentials than Poch and they failed pretty hard. It's also worth mentioning that since Ole was appointed, we have gotten 9 points more than Spurs, even considering our complete meltdown. Pochettino has done well at Spurs with a small budget, but also almost zero pressure compared to the Man Utd job.

Poch is a good managers for sure, but suggesting with certainty that Poch would turn this sorry bunch of pampered bottlers into world beaters instantly is even more ridiculous. If he was here now, he would have needed time to build his squad just like any other manager. This isn't about some blind faith by Ole zealots, it's about understanding some basic facts

1. Our club has been mismanaged for a long time, with no coherent plan or structure from the top.
2. Our squad is fecking shit compared to what it cost. We have a good keeper, one decent CB and LB, three decent/good CM's (but one of them is a moody Arrow) and a talented, but incredibly inconsistent young striker. Poch isn't a magician. He can't conjure a good RW player or turn Darmian into a player just by speaking some magic words
3. There are no guarantees that any manager would succeed when changing clubs. LvG and especially Jose had impressive trophy cabinets and they failed this job pretty hard. Poch has won feck all in his career so far, so by that logic he would be an even bigger gamble than those two

Just to be perfectly clear. If Ole and Poch had swapped places i would have felt exactly the same, that he needed time. Hell, we could have had Sam Allardyce in the chair and i would argued the same: Managers need time, especially in situations like we find ourselves in. Because it's utterly insane to expect any manager to take over an imploding club mid season and somehow making them a top team without any preseason or transfers, especially considering the state of our squad right now.

If we find ourselves in the same spot this time next year, then yeah. Ole should go and we should look for another manager, but calling for his head now makes no sense since it would only postpone and disrupt the rebuild even more. There is two things that most fans on here agree on, and that is that fitness levels really need to be better if we are to compete and we need to clear out some deadwood from the squad. Ole has addressed fitness several times in interviews and after Huddersfield he said "it was the last time we would see some of these players". If he follows up those statements with action it's a good start already
Now dis is some sensible post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:34pm On May 09, 2019
As said much earlier. It’s waaaaay premature to start criticizing Ole.

We’ve had coaches who came here and won trophies but they were sacked mainly because they couldn’t get the best out of their players over a prolonged period of time.

Ole has only been here for a few months. You don’t know if he’s the wrong or right choice until he brings in his own players.

I’m sure if we signed Pochettino 4 years ago after David Moyes was sacked , the same group of guys calling for his signing now will be the ones against the idea. Now that he’s done well (at Tottenham level), Ed should pry him from the cold dead hands of D. Levy.

Moreover, Manchester United is different from Tottenham. The expectations and pressure are at different levels. Pochettino is having setbacks with his guys (who’ve been familiar with each other) in the league. Look at how many games they’ve lost of recent. If Man Utd were Tottenham everybody would be discussing his sacking and potential replacement.

Okay, let’s say Ole wasn’t given the job on a permanent basis and Poch comes in at the end of the season. He gets in 2 or 3 players and then the bunch of them start misbehaving after 10 games. Would you start carrying #PochOut placards?

We don’t know if Ole will come good or not but it’s wrong to moan about it now. Moreover, a lot needs to be done behind the scenes at Man Utd to ensure the club returns to the top.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:57pm On May 09, 2019
weedtaker:
Now dis is some sensible post.
"If he follows up those statements with action...."

Couldn't have said it better myself. Where i go begin vex for Ole na when next season reach and these same set of players are still here. He should back up his motivational talks with action

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 3:00pm On May 09, 2019
ChristoBam:

What's wrong with you people sef? Who's talking about winning trophies. The question I'm asking is are you really going to trust Ole with building the team United deserves. If Ole wasn't an ex united player, wouldn't you guys be pissed now..
When Ole was hired on a temporary basis some weren't even comfortable with the choice. Then the winning streak came and all of a sudden he's the one that will take us to the level we want. You guys are banking all of your optimism on that winning streak. I pity United.
Chairman why do you want OGS sacked right now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 3:22pm On May 09, 2019
weedtaker:
na this kind forgetful spirit dey make people dey misuse the term GOAT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:48pm On May 09, 2019
ChristineC:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:53pm On May 09, 2019
ChristineC:
He doesn't have tactics. And it's OGS fault that Rashford misses sitters and De Gea is letting balls slip under his armpit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 3:57pm On May 09, 2019
odizeey:
na this kind forgetful spirit dey make people dey misuse the term GOAT

If Arsenal had done their homework by winning the game they drew, the poch that they are shouting his name will probably be in 5th position by now.

What people don't know is that appointing Poch wouldn't have made any difference.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:03pm On May 09, 2019
weedtaker:
Lol, and he has been in charge of tottenham for how many years now? what has he won? you think expectations at man utd and tottenham are the same?

Van gaal won the FA cup and was sacked the next day.

Jose won three trophies finished 2nd and was runner up in the FA CUP final but wasn't backed in his final transfer window cuz the board were skeptical of his transfer targets [WTF!].

Spurs didn't spend cuz there were using their funds in building a stadium, not bcuz they have and refused to spend.

Yet you are comparing him to someone who's been here for just 5-6months, someone who made united believed top 4 might be possible after all hopes were gone following jose's sack, someone who changed our disgraceful goal difference, someone who made us witness a memorable night in paris with the likes of fred, pererria and mctomany FFS!

fuvk you. fvck you, fvck you!!!!
Lol you're joking. List the signings Pochetino has made and compare them with the signings his rivals has made. The guy manages the little he has. Do you know how much United has spent in the last four years?? Liverpool?? City??
At United he'd be backed fully by the board to get the players he needs..Instead of signing an average player and trying to turn him into an excellent player, he'd be able to sign excellent players outrightly.
And to think that you're even mentioning Van gaal winning F. A cup in his discourse.. Van gaal that finished 5th or 6th that particular team..Ever since pochetino has been established at Tottenham. United has faltered from top 4, Liverpool has faltered, Chelsea has faltered, Arsenal has faltered. Only City and Tottenham has been consistent. That's with the spending others has made.
Fvck you bro

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:21pm On May 09, 2019
Lana1:
He doesn't have tactics. And it's OGS fault that Rashford misses sitters and De Gea is letting balls slip under his armpit.

It’s also his fault Young never finds a team mate in the box with his crosses. He’s the reason Matic became a bag of beans, Martial turned himself to Yokozuna and why Calamity Jones keeps pulling a Calamity Jones.

Irrespective of what the manager’s tactics is a player should be able to pass, run into spaces and mark opponents. Failings from a failure to do so is on the players, not the coach.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:21pm On May 09, 2019
ChristoBam:

[s] Lol you're joking. List the signings Pochetino has made and compare them with the signings his rivals has made. The guy manages the little he has. Do you know how much United has spent in the last four years?? Liverpool?? City??
At United he'd be backed fully by the board to get the players he needs..Instead of signing an average player and trying to turn him into an excellent player, he'd be able to sign excellent players outrightly.
And to think that you're even mentioning Van gaal winning F. A cup in his discourse.. Van gaal that finished 5th or 6th that particular team..Ever since pochetino has been established at Tottenham. United has faltered from top 4, Liverpool has faltered, Chelsea has faltered, Arsenal has faltered. Only City and Tottenham has been consistent. That's with the spending others has made.
Fvck you bro [/s]
how does united spending 900billion and poch spending none alongside the trash you typed concerns OGS?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tenmariner: 5:19pm On May 09, 2019
[quote author=GloryIsaac post=78242073]

There is a gap between planning and execution.

The manager does the planning, the players execute it.

If the manager plans well and the players fail to execute it, it is not his fault. The best he can do at that point is to shout as much as he can from the sidelines, he can't enter the pitch and execute it by himself.

The team can lose as a result of bad planning by the manager a.k.a tactical blunder.... but they can also lose as result of poor execution of what the manager wants.

Ole clearly wants a team that presses high up the pitch, a team that controls the match by scoring within the first ten minutes. Now, Rashford gets a chance to score which is as a result of the manager's instruction to press high up the pitch, but he misses!, how is that the manager's fault? Lukaku plays for about thirty minutes and starts panting profusely, thereby reducing his output on the pitch. Ashley Young is a story for another day.

Yesterday, Tottenham unsettled Ajax playing structure by marking them aggressively and stopping Ajax usual passing style, they forced the Ajax players to start giving air passes instead of the usual ground passes they so much love.
Same thing happened in Liverpool vs Barcelona, the difference was in how clinical the players were. Moura, Wildnajum scored their chances but Rashford and Co made a mess of theirs.

Despite all the criticism on Guardiola, the man knows what he wants. If he plans and you as his player cannot execute, he'll sell you asap. Guardiola had to change goalkeeper four times (Hart, Caballero, Bravo, Ederson) just to get the one that can execute his plan. He bought Nolito and sold him, sold almost the entire City squad and replaced them with guys that can execute his plan.

Check the Liverpool squad before Klopp and check the ones currently playing. Even sold Karius, Mignolet is warming bench, bou

Nice observation from u about Pep and Liverpool. I told someone same thing few days ago. In fact the next player to be axed from city is Mendy. If a coach keeps players that don't deliver, they will eventually make him lose his Job.. United problem is multifactorial. A combination of players and management. Modern football needs energy, strength and techniques. If players lacks these qualities, they are more like toys on the pitch!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:21pm On May 09, 2019
ChristineC:

He believes he has seen into the future that OGS has no tactical knowhow to get this team anywhere based on the 5months the guy has been here, that even when he (OGS) gets his own players it would amount to nothing positive, forgetting that OGS was the one at the helm when we went on a winning streak with this bunch of useless jokers we have as players.

Some people can see into the future.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 5:27pm On May 09, 2019
weedtaker:
how does united spending 900billion and poch spending none alongside the trash you typed concerns OGS?
Don't be silly bro. You were saying trash about Pochetino and I had to let you know why Poch is held to the high regard he is.
Please by the time next season begins, don't come back to delete all these your messages. Cuz I sabi people like you.
And for those of you asking why I want Ole to be sacked, it's because this is not the time to follow one mumu principle or take any fvcking risk. I don't want Ole to be sacked cuz we didn't make top 4 or because of the losing streak. I want him to be sacked because the job is to big for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 5:30pm On May 09, 2019
weedtaker:
D

(1) (2) (3) ... (6676) (6677) (6678) (6679) (6680) (6681) (6682) ... (14204) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.