Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,372 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6894) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8789863 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6891) (6892) (6893) (6894) (6895) (6896) (6897) ... (14181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2019
GloryIsaac:

I hope that doesn't happen in Italy, because those guys won't entertain such trash play especially from a black man lmaoooo
Lukaku nah thick man. He get the skin.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2019
adebayo201:
Lukaku nah thick man. He get the skin.

Against racist chants from his own club supporters?

Hope he performs though, Serie A style is different.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2019
eph12:

I meant to the extent of insisting on only English players during the tw. Those were the core players but Fergie knew when to bring in the foreigners.

I won't want to go into the effort of the foreigners in SAF successful years.

We already had a complete back line of English players. We have Lingard and Rashford also. That's about 6 English players already.
We try bringing in Bruno and Mandzukic but it was not successful, we have over 8-9 English player in our team during Fergie regime, the likes of O'Shea, Gary Neville, Evans etc. we
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2019
cool

AM9 is back!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2019
eph12:

Its the difficulty and cost of signing these English players that's the problem. Their equivalent will go for less that amount

We already have Smalling, Jones, Young, Shaw, Lingard and Rashford. Almost half of the players in that list up there are not here anymore. So the core has still been these same English guys. They have been the constant thing since that 2012/13 and look at where they have dragged us to.
What was our achievement when those that left were still in this team, Most of this players you listed are either from Academy or during Fergie era apart from Shaw.
We bought Fred, Martial, Depay, Rojo, Blind, Darmiam with the hope that they will improve the team but no success, that is why the coach is falling back on English players to see if they can work hard to bring the club back to glory days, our experiment with foreign buy as failed hence the fall back on home based.
We were linked to many foreign players but we were priced out,the likes of Coulibaly, Serge Milikovic etc.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2019
Official: MUFC 2019/20 Squad Numbers:

1: David De Gea
2: Victor Lindelof
3: Eric Bailly
4: Phil Jones
5: Harry Maguire grin
6: Paul Pogba
7: Alexis Sanchez
8: Juan Mata
9: Anthony Martial  cool
10: Marcus Rashford
12: Chris Smalling
13: Lee Grant
14: Jesse Lingard
15: Andreas Pereira
16: Marcos Rojo cry
17: Fred
18: Ashley Young undecided
20: Diogo Dalot
21: Daniel James 
22: Sergio Romero
23: Luke Shaw
24: Tim Fosu-Mensah shocked
26: Mason Greenwood  cool
28: Angel Gomes  grin
29: Aaron Wan-Bissaka
31: Nemanja Matic
36: Matteo Darmian cry
37: James Garner 
38: Axel Tuanzebe
39: Scott McTominay
40: Joel Pereira
44: Tahith Chong
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2019
so how many CBs do u guys actually have.. cause I am counting like 5 or 6 CBs... is OGS going for 3 at the back
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 09, 2019
Oasis007:
cool

AM9 is back!

I'll never forget OGS for this, he now has a special place in my heart embarassed embarassed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamharkinwaley: 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2019
One United smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2019
Welcome our new No 7 - Alexis Sanchez smiley

GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Victornezzar: 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2019
Where Alexis dey abeg??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:48pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rashford: “I want to make a difference. I’ve experienced Champions Leagues, Europa Leagues, World Cups, so I’m in a great position to offer advice [to the young players]."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:49pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rashford: "Chongy is quite a mature player. He’s a proper winger; that’s something that can go missing sometimes in the modern day, so to have him at Manchester United is a massive strength. He will kick on as well, his mentality is very good.”

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rashford: “A lot of my advice to them [youngsters] is, ‘Just be yourself.’ They’re clever kids, been at Manchester United for a long time, so they are so good at improving, listening and learning."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:53pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rashford: “I looked up to the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Butt coming through the academy and understand these players [youngsters] now look up to me, wearing the No 10 shirt, scoring important goals. That motivates me."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rashford: "Harry [Maguire] brings calmness. Playing with him for England, you feel assured at the back, and for a team that’s massive."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rashford: “It’s [rondo] the ideal warm-up. You do your physical warm-up, and then to get the brain ticking the rondo is the best thing to do. It’s fast tempo, you’re getting balls rapped into your feet from five or ten yards. It gets you on your toes."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:55pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rashford: “It’s good when you share the same ambitions. They [fans] want me to push on and keep improving. In games where you’re tired, the fans keep you going. Their energy comes on to the pitch, and I embrace that sort of atmosphere.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rashford: “I still watch clips of loads of players, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar. If they’ve done something at the weekend, I’d want to know how they’ve done it.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rashford: “When I was younger, I’d watch games, watch clips on YouTube, then go out, and try everything. I watched Ronaldinho doing that flip-flap. I watched a lot of the Brazilian Ronaldo when I was really young."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Victornezzar: 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2019
Oasis007:
Rashford: “I still watch clips of loads of players, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar. If they’ve done something at the weekend, I’d want to know how they’ve done it.”
And he hasn't implemented them angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:00pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rashford: "Ronaldo was the one that made you love the game and want to try things that people wouldn’t normally try. Just everything. It’s not scripted.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rashford: “When a manager gets a pre-season, that’s where they make changes and the whole team is 100 per cent changed, especially off the ball. We’re definitely pressing more. In the past, we didn’t quite grasp it. Against top players you’ll get picked off.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rashford: "The way we win is important to me. What we want is to play Manchester United football, attacking, free-flowing, fast. If you lose the ball, you win it back."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rashford: “He [Solskjær] has brought stability. In the past three years, you were never sure about anything. Now we have stability. Everyone’s in a good mood, a good place."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rashford: "It’s a completely different environment to what it has been, it feels back like normal. We really want to test ourselves now against the best in the league.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2019
BARAJ92:
We try bringing in Bruno and Mandzukic but it was not successful, we have over 8-9 English player in our team during Fergie regime, the likes of O'Shea, Gary Neville, Evans etc. we
Yeah true
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2019
BARAJ92:
What was our achievement when those that left were still in this team, Most of this players you listed are either from Academy or during Fergie era apart from Shaw.
We bought Fred, Martial, Depay, Rojo, Blind, Darmiam with the hope that they will improve the team but no success, that is why the coach is falling back on English players to see if they can work hard to bring the club back to glory days, our experiment with foreign buy as failed hence the fall back on home based.
We were linked to many foreign players but we were priced out,the likes of Coulibaly, Serge Milikovic etc.
OK I get the picture
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2019
BlueAngel444:
so how many CBs do u guys actually have.. cause I am counting like 5 or 6 CBs... is OGS going for 3 at the back
Now that luiz has left the sinking ship, is Lampard going for 1 at the back?

13 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 7:22pm On Aug 09, 2019
eph12:

grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2019
eph12:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Everyone wants a share of the money lol... Even Levy was pissed that United didn't activate Alderweireld release clause cheesy grin
People that are not ok.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6891) (6892) (6893) (6894) (6895) (6896) (6897) ... (14181) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Kamelot77(m), izzou(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.