Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8789983 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6923) (6924) (6925) (6926) (6927) (6928) (6929) ... (14181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 15, 2019
SkimpleD:

Una wan share the positives with us this season? grin

Oh, I didn’t see the ‘revelation’ attached to it shocked

Positive Revelation FC grin

Apostle, your team just lost two matches in a row with pride, and you're here trolling one of the teams that beat you angry

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Apostle, your team just lost two matches in a row with pride, and you're here trolling one of the teams that beat you angry
No vex Daddy.

You know say we MOGs no dey carry eye see ‘Positives’ or ‘Revelations’, na wetin we dey use preach grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2019
SkimpleD:

No vex Daddy.

You know say we MOGs no dey carry eye see ‘Positives’ or ‘Revelations’, na wetin we dey use preach grin

Ayoze Perez and Vardy dey wait you on Sunday o, no come preach to us about 'pride in defeat' after the match....

We too dey train for that Portuguese-English club Wolves wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Ayoze Perez and Vardy dey wait you on Sunday o, no come preach to us about 'pride in defeat' after the match....

We too dey train for that Portuguese-English club Wolves wink
If I hear. We will have Leceister as Sunday rice tongue

Our blood still dey hot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
SkimpleD:

If I hear. We will have Leceister as Sunday rice tongue

Our blood still dey hot.

grin

Envisaging more positives I guess, after losing or perhaps draw the Game?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2019
Question:

Who is better between Rashford and Sancho? Or are they at the least, on par?

afrodoc2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lana1:
Question:

afrodoc2

Sancho undecided

I just don’t know why I don’t like that Rashford again. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2019
Leyqute:

Shows you didn’t watch preseason. The default tactic isn’t to soak pressure and break away in counter attacks- that’s just how we got goals against Chelsea.

Did you see the game against Inter and the last game against Kristiansund? We possessed them, probing for spaces to create goals. The match against Tottenham was also even- they’re good with the ball at their feet so the pressing was with sense. We didn’t sit back against them either.

The tactics used in a match depends on the opponent. We’ve got food counter-attacking system but we improved on breaking park-the-bus teams in preseason.

I don’t know where you guys get your stories from. undecided
This one is not about story. It's about what you see. A team that has rashford, martial and lingard starting is already tending towards a break and run tactic. If speed is the major strength a team, it is normal for such teams to deploy counter attack strategy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
larride:

Sancho undecided

Lol. Tge guy don too suffer us with the rubbish he's played for us this last two years. I'm hoping he finally comes good this season before i finally lose all hope for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lana1:
Question:

afrodoc2

Sancho is a good player but to be honest I'm not falling for the Sancho hype.

We all know Rashford will turn that yeye Bundesliga inside out. I mean, fecking Batshuayi and Paco Alcacer were scoring goals for fun in that league.

I really wanted him to pull up trees in the Champions League but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary especially against Tottenham were I could only point to a solo dribble that Spurs snuffed out anyway.

I can't use the Bundesliga as an objective parameter for qualifying a player.

So in essence, Sancho is a good player but still has a lot to prove.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2019
lekkie073:

This one is not about story. It's about what you see. A team that has rashford, martial and lingard starting is already tending towards a break and run tactic. If speed is the major strength a team, it is normal for such teams to deploy counter attack strategy.

Alright. Nice talk.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2019
DeadPresidents:

Sancho is a good player but to be honest I'm not falling for the Sancho hype.

We all know Rashford will turn that yeye Bundesliga inside out. I mean, fecking Batshuayi and Paco Alcacer were scoring goals for fun in that league.

I really wanted him to pull up trees in the Champions League but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary especially against Tottenham were I could only point to a solo dribble that Spurs snuffed out anyway.

I can't use the Bundesliga as an objective parameter for qualifying a player.

So in essence, Sancho is a good player but still has a lot to prove.
Tbh, i rate Sancho. I believe the guy would turn out to be a baller. I just haven't seen anything spectacular that would put ahead of the likes of Rashford, Dembele and co. But i believe they are all playing at the same level.

As for Rashford, that one is his own worst enemy. Ego and i don arrive mentality don spoil whatever potential he once had. But i'm hoping he will come good for us this season.
The guy no just serious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
larride:

Sancho undecided

Sancho has better dribbling and passing ability but is not as fast or hardworking as Rashford. He also tends to make better decisions than Rashford.
It is difficult to judge because the Bundesliga is such a crap league even otu oshi like Mkhitaryan was king there. However if i was to hazard a guess i would bet on Sancho eclipsing Rashford.

One should also bear in mind that in the England junior set up with Angel Gomes, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Phil Foden, Brewster e.t.c Sancho was the best player. His youth exploits coupled with him delivering on his potential in Germany is why i am so high on him. He was essentially that group's Greenwood.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 3:42pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lana1:
Tbh, i rate Sancho. I believe the guy would turn out to be a baller. I just haven't seen anything spectacular that would put ahead of the likes of Rashford, Dembele and co. But i believe they are all playing at the same level.

As for Rashford, that one is his own worst enemy. Ego and i don arrive mentality don spoil whatever potential he once had. But i'm hoping he will come good for us this season.
The guy no just serious.

Rashford knows this season is make or break for him. Has started the season well so far but let's see.

I think Rashford is overrated by some and also conversely underrated by many.

If the guy was not from our academy and had the stats he currently has in Spain or Germany, we'll all be yelling for Woodward to sign him this transfer window that passed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lana1:
Question:

afrodoc2

I honestly can't say, some players can come to the EPL and become a shadow of their former self, coupled with the coach tactics they play under.

Will Sancho shine this much if he was coached by Mourinho? there's no definite answer.

Remember Mkhi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2019
The little I saw of Greenwood gives me joy. That guy will eventually displace Rashford if he (Rashford) continues to exhibit unstable tendencies especially in goal scoring situations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2019
DeadPresidents:

Rashford knows this season is make or break for him. Has started the season well so far but let's see.

I think Rashford is overrated by some and also conversely underrated by many.

If the guy was not from our academy and had the stats he currently has in Spain or Germany, we'll all be yelling for Woodward to sign him this transfer window that passed.
Told a guy this where we were arguing on twitter. If to say he played for any other club other than United, he would be rated more.

The major things i hate about him is his poor decision making and his inconsistent finishing in front of goal.
Hoing he disappoints all of us this season and turn out to be a massive player for us. Mans cant afford to be missing easy goals or shooting from obscure angles and distances like he used to.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2019
Dp
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
GloryIsaac:

I honestly can't say, some players can come to the EPL and become a shadow of their former self, coupled with the coach tactics they play under.

Will Sancho shine this much if he was coached by Mourinho? there's no definite answer.

Remember Mkhi

Talking about Mourinho. Has he quit coaching or nobody wants a master class defensive coach?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
codedguy1:
The little I saw of Greenwood gives me joy. That guy will eventually displace Rashford if he (Rashford) continues to exhibit unstable tendencies especially in goal scoring opportunities.

Greenwood plays like Van Persie, but the two-footed version....

If things work out, the front-three will be Martial, Greenwood, Rashford.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
afrodoc2:

Sancho has better dribbling and passing ability but is not as fast or hardworking as Rashford. He also tends to make better decisions than Rashford.
It is difficult to judge because the Bundesliga is such a crap league even otu oshi like Mkhitaryan was king there. However if i was to hazard a guess i would bet on Sancho eclipsing Rashford.

One should also bear in mind that in the England junior set up with Angel Gomes, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Phil Foden, Brewster e.t.c Sancho was the best player. His youth exploits coupled with him delivering on his potential in Germany is why i am so high on him. He was essentially that group's Greenwood.
Agreed. If they aren't on par then Sancho just edges him slightly based on decision making.

Lol. That Bundesliga wey their league no even complete. That's the major reason why i wont rate Sancho heads and shoulders above Rashford just yet. If he was at least playing in LaLiga i for hear that one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Remember Mkhi
Mourinho will even drop him on the bench and say he cant defend. Na so the guy go fade comot like Januzaj.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lana1:
Told a guy this where we when arguing on twitter. If to say he played for any other club other than United, he would be rated more.

The major things i hate about him is his poor decision making and his inconsistent finishing in front of goal.
Hoing he disappoints all of us this season and turn out to be a massive player for us. Mans cant afford to be missing easy goals or shooting from obscure angles and distances like he used to.

Rashford has his speed and stamina going for him, and from reports he is willing to learn and work on his weaknesses. He does not have the natural footballing ability of Greenwood, Martial, Sancho but like we all know talent is not everything.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
codedguy1:

Talking about Mourinho. Has he quit coaching or nobody wants a master class defensive coach?

Well, times and tactics are evolving cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lana1:
Mourinho will even drop him on the bench and say he cant defend. Na so the guy go fade comot like Januzaj.

Lmaooo... considering his style of play, it's likely.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2019
To be honest, it's difficult to judge. I've watched many Clips of Sancho and kinda satisfied with his Skills. Majority have shared my Sentiments already, as regards the standard of the League he's a plying his Trade presently.

He's talented, highly talented, but I can't rate him over Rashford yet. I keep watching some of the Goals scored by Rashford during Pre-Season and his Second Goal against Chelsea - they're well taken, superb Goals.

Seems the Dude is back to bang this Season. I pray he keeps delivering on his Talents and improving his Skills week in week out - this Season and beyond.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lana1:
Told a guy this where we were arguing on twitter. If to say he played for any other club other than United, he would be rated more.

You have said it all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2019
afrodoc2:

Rashford has his speed and stamina going for him, and from reports he is willing to learn and work on his weaknesses. He does not have the natural footballing ability of Greenwood, Martial, Sancho but like we all know talent is not everything.
At least if he's willing to learn and not form boss on the team, then that's a good thing. He really needs to work on that decision making...when to shoot, when to pass and play with the nearest man.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:52pm On Aug 15, 2019
afrodoc2:

Brewster is much younger na.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2019
Rashford over Sancho.

At the moment Rashford seems to have lost his way but he can rediscover that footballing mind and team play he had when LvG thrust him into the first XI years ago. If he has a good season this season people won’t stop talking about him.

My main no-no for Sancho is cos he plays in the BuLi and hasn’t faced really tough teams. I acknowledge his talents and skills though but if Rashford was in that BuLi he’d be tearing it up every week.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2019
Hans-Joachim Watzke (Dortmund CEO) on Jadon Sancho: "A chief of one of the super clubs asked me back in spring if there was a chance, but I told him straight away he should forget about it, and he never contacted me again. He knew I meant what I said."

(1) (2) (3) ... (6923) (6924) (6925) (6926) (6927) (6928) (6929) ... (14181) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.