Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6948) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8773184 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6945) (6946) (6947) (6948) (6949) (6950) (6951) ... (14174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 9:25am On Aug 20, 2019
CrystalTiger:

That ManUtd scout that bad mouthed B.Fernandez is a mole for Guardiola..

Hahahahaha....I concur

imagine spewing that kind of rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:26am On Aug 20, 2019
afrodoc2:

Thanks for the summary.
Not much of a surprise that we drew cos Wolves are giant killers at home.
It is good that we played better than last season but it seems chance creation will be an issue again this season.
Ole has to start giving Gomes and Greenwood more minutes because i don’t think the senior players starting in their place are any better.

Shaw is the weak point in the defence now that we have upgraded at CB and RB.
I believe AWB needs to polish his attacking game cos like i always suspected he seems limited going forward for now. Defensively though he appears to be a beast.

It was a mistake starting a player like James against a team like Wolves that sits back and parks the bus. I believe Ole gave them too much respect and opted for a player who tracks back rather than Greenwood.

Pogba is our best player but that doesn’t mean he should be our penalty taker cos i don’t think he is really that good at it. However anyone can miss a penalty and i don’t think he should be criticized for it.

First half was brilliant but we could have scored the second goal.

Ole needs to improve on his in game management, the moment Traore came on the game changed and momentum was built. OGS should have twerk with the line up because D James was really ghosting and he was on a yellow and Lingard was non existent in the second half. Leaving it too late to make a sub when your telling is drawing only means you are prolly playing for a draw.

If we didn’t buy reasonable players during the TW because we want to give Yoot a chance, he had better start giving them those minutes because like I said earlier, relying on Lingard or Mata to become good is like expecting water from a rock.

1pt gained, we move.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:27am On Aug 20, 2019
engrelvis:
we played well yesterday. We were just unlucky.

grin

You've summed it up Bruh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:29am On Aug 20, 2019
engrelvis:
we played well yesterday. We were just unlucky.

Because Pogba missed the penalty, Yes.

Apart from that, we didn’t create enough goal scoring chances to win. The 2 shot on target we had was the one we scored and the other from the penalty spot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:54am On Aug 20, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

So Dudes actually wailed so much yesterday?! LMAO!

It's good I did an elrony on this Thread last Night sha.

LMAO...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:54am On Aug 20, 2019
thorrvik55:

Elrony FC grin grin

cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 9:55am On Aug 20, 2019
DeadPresidents:
I swear Lingard is the most useless number 10 in the premier league. I've never seen a 10 who can't pass through lines cleanly. And they said Bruno Fernandes was not great at passing?

I mean Lingard makes Pascal Groß of Brighton & Hove Albion look like De Bruyne in comparison.

This one don pass community slot oo. People say Lingard is inconsistent. I disagree. He's consistent—consistently shite

This should be delivered to afrodoc2 by either eph12 or oasis007.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:07am On Aug 20, 2019
BREAKING: Manchester United say they are 'disgusted' by the racial abuse aimed at Paul Pogba on social media after last night's draw at Wolves.

- Sky Sports

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 10:12am On Aug 20, 2019
Paul Pogba was interviewed after the game and "he said the reason he missed the penalty was to show support to Tammy Abraham who was racially abused last week after he missed a penalty... "

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2019
Why can't pogba just be consistent? What else does he need to deliver angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:15am On Aug 20, 2019
Oasis007:
BREAKING: Manchester United say they are 'disgusted' by the racial abuse aimed at Paul Pogba on social media after last night's draw at Wolves.

- Sky Sports

Those fans are despicable idiots. Pogba is not the first neither will he be the last to lose a penalty.

Considering that he kept it simple yesterday and controlled the midfield, heck he even won the penalty, he does not deserve those racial abuses. Infact, no one deserve racial abuses. angry

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:17am On Aug 20, 2019
spillo1:
Why can't pogba just be consistent? What else does he need to deliver angry

To deliver what?

Apart from the penalty miss, he was solid in the deep role. I don’t know whether it’s another match you saw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:20am On Aug 20, 2019
Just imagine say na A. Young dey RB and Smalling dey CB in place of Maguire.

We for hear am.

I like the fact that we adjusted and matched their intensity in the second half. Should’ve gotten a second goal but we just didn’t.

We bossed the game but didn’t create many chances. That’s one of the problems we had. Lingard was Lingard and James still never get things right.

2ndly, Ole got the subs wrong. It would’ve been better if he brought Greenwood on at the time he brought Mata on. His last two subs were toooooooo late. Maybe he was concerned about the physicality of Wolves but 5 minutes is too small for those 2.

We move. Crystal Palace next.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:22am On Aug 20, 2019
Oasis007:

- Sky Sports

Those fools wanted their 15 mins of fame. They were rebuked by other Man U fans immediately they posted their nonsense.

We need Pogba to be scoring goals
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 10:25am On Aug 20, 2019
larride:

To deliver what?

Apart from the penalty miss, he was solid in the deep role. I don’t know whether it’s another match you saw.
What do you mean by solid? How many chances did he create yesterday or is it the side to side passes that is confusing you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 20, 2019
Leyqute:

We for hear am.

The improvement in defense was so evident with the way players confidently passed the ball back to build up play.

I just didn't like how Luke Shaw took of advantage of it to in reducing his attacking prowess... he passed it back a lot even when there was a possibility of attacking.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:35am On Aug 20, 2019
GloryIsaac:

The improvement in defense was so evident with the way players confidently passed the ball back to build up play.

I just didn't like how Luke Shaw took of advantage of it to in reducing his attacking prowess... he passed it back a lot even when there was a possibility of attacking.

I’ve said it earlier. Luke Shaw’s performances always drop whenever he gets a decent run of games. He relaxes and becomes complacent.

He needs someone else to be pushing him. Probably time to promote a youth player to keep him on his toes. Even if na Dalot sef gan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Afz9095(m): 10:37am On Aug 20, 2019
nobody talk about de gea's passing, he has really improved, their was a time he was under pressure and he still keep calm and loop the pass to Shaw

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 10:39am On Aug 20, 2019
Leyqute:

Those fools wanted their 15 mins of fame. They were rebuked by other Man U fans immediately they posted their nonsense.

We need Pogba to be scoring goals

Seems racists are doing a promo—miss a penalty and get called a n-gga for free. SMH.

Twitter should go hard on them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 10:45am On Aug 20, 2019
larride:

Those fans are despicable idiots. Pogba is not the first neither will he be the last to lose a penalty.

Considering that he kept it simple yesterday and controlled the midfield, heck he even won the penalty, he does not deserve those racial abuses. Infact, no one deserve racial abuses. angry
I agree.
No matter what,he shouldnt be made to face the kind of horrific abuse he's been getting.

I have my misgivings about him and his performance yesterday. He didnt deserve to be treated this way by supposed fans.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 10:49am On Aug 20, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

And you are so literate u can’t differentiate
“You are” from “Your”
“Reminder” from “Remainder”.

U dimwit go and pay ur debt before u talk to me ur shamelessness won’t let u learn a thing or two from LordCat.
This fvcktard.
So you don't know the difference between
You and U
Your and ur

Mr correction giver.
Remove what is in your eyes before you remove what is in anothers'.grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 10:54am On Aug 20, 2019
In between diggz's pitiful attempt at trolling,
We are going to suffer this season.

Some are asking for Gomes to be our #10.
They dont realize there is a queue of incompetent dolts ahead of him led by Mata.
We should gotten someone like Fernandes
At least he would provide more of a threat.

Now we're stuck with a Lingard whom I dong understand his contribution to the squad.

And that's where I will come for Ole.

He still isn't brave enough to mix things up when things go wrong. His undying devotion to certain folk at the detriment to our performance is going to be his undoing when the fans grow tired of the nostalgia. Any serious manager should by now know the strengths and capabilities of his squad members.
Daniel James is just raw talent. Not sure he's ready yet for a run in the 1st 11.I see no reason why he started ahead of Pereira.

Sad that we threw 2 points away. But it might not be too bad given that Molineux has been a torrid place to go to even under Fergie
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 10:58am On Aug 20, 2019
McTominay is not a starter o.
Na impact role player at this level. Forget preseason against some nonentities.
But when you look at our bench and see people like Fred and Matic, you actually wonder how far we will go this year.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:59am On Aug 20, 2019
thorrvik55:
Paul Pogba was interviewed after the game and "he said the reason he missed the penalty was to show support to Tammy Abraham who was racially abused last week after he missed a penalty... "

Sauce?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:01am On Aug 20, 2019
Nice one from the Lads.
......But Maguire's Suggestion though?!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:05am On Aug 20, 2019
“We dominated possession, we got the first goal, which is a great goal and in the second half we knew Wolves were going to come out like a house on fire. They gambled a little bit, created a couple of chances and probably got the goal they deserved for the pressure they had. I thought we then took control again and could have won it."

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:05am On Aug 20, 2019
“The first half was definitely a mature performance. The second half was a bit sloppier. But we are improving. We are a very young team that will learn. We learned on the pitch today as well.

"You have to learn on the job, you can’t just sit back and discuss it after. You have to get the mentality right after conceding a goal because that goal was coming. I thought we finished the game the strongest. Of course we got a penalty and we could have got another two points by scoring that one but sometimes the keeper makes a good save.”

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:07am On Aug 20, 2019
spillo1:

What do you mean by solid? How many chances did he create yesterday or is it the side to side passes that is confusing you.

Lingard was in charge of linking the midfield with the attack. Pogba job yesterday was to control the tempo of the game which he did. He played deeper than other midfielders.

You can go through my post and see how much I have lambasted Pogba, but yesterday apart from the penalty miss, he did his job.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:09am On Aug 20, 2019
Leyqute:

We for hear am.

I like the fact that we adjusted and matched their intensity in the second half. Should’ve gotten a second goal but we just didn’t.

We bossed the game but didn’t create many chances. That’s one of the problems we had. Lingard was Lingard and James still never get things right.

2ndly, Ole got the subs wrong. It would’ve been better if he brought Greenwood on at the time he brought Mata on. His last two subs were toooooooo late. Maybe he was concerned about the physicality of Wolves but 5 minutes is too small for those 2.

We move. Crystal Palace next.

@ bolded, is this not what we are saying that some said we are wailing? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 20, 2019
Leyqute:

I’ve said it earlier. Luke Shaw’s performances always drop whenever he gets a decent run of games. He relaxes and becomes complacent.

He needs someone else to be pushing him. Probably time to promote a youth player to keep him on his toes. Even if na Dalot sef gan

Na true sef, Dalot never show face for match... hope OGS no wan assassinate am?! angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 11:20am On Aug 20, 2019
Oasis007:
Nice one from the Lads. ......But Maguire's Suggestion though?!
His suggestion will only work in a country with Database.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2019
hoopLA:
In between diggz's pitiful attempt at trolling,
We are going to suffer this season.

Some are asking for Gomes to be our #10.
They dont realize there is a queue of incompetent dolts ahead of him led by Mata.
We should gotten someone like Fernandes
At least he would provide more of a threat.

Now we're stuck with a Lingard whom I dong understand his contribution to the squad.

And that's where I will come for Ole.

He still isn't brave enough to mix things up when things go wrong. His undying devotion to certain folk at the detriment to our performance is going to be his undoing when the fans grow tired of the nostalgia. Any serious manager should by now know the strengths and capabilities of his squad members.
Daniel James is just raw talent. Not sure he's ready yet for a run in the 1st 11.I see no reason why he started ahead of Pereira.

Sad that we threw 2 points away. But it might not be too bad given that Molineux has been a torrid place to go to even under Fergie

Who do you think you are? Mumu. cheesy

You want to come for Ole, to take over the wheels like.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6945) (6946) (6947) (6948) (6949) (6950) (6951) ... (14174) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: lateefGRDT(m), izzou(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.