Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,038 members, 7,838,597 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6949) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8800796 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6946) (6947) (6948) (6949) (6950) (6951) (6952) ... (14184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:35am On Aug 20, 2019
You don't expect Wan-Bissaka to attack when the player in front of him is Daniel James who more often than not, hugs the touch line.

The one time AWB delivered a cross into the box, he found Lingard who missed and another time, Lingard was caught flat footed after AWB passed a great ball to him.

It will be difficult for any fullback to play with Daniel James and still function in attack. At the moment, seeing that Shaw is our weakest link defensively and in view of DJ's defensive contribution, I'd play DJ on the left and Rashford as RWF (not RW)

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Obere4u: 11:35am On Aug 20, 2019
Oasis007:
“We dominated possession, we got the first goal, which is a great goal and in the second half we knew Wolves were going to come out like a house on fire. They gambled a little bit, created a couple of chances and probably got the goal they deserved for the pressure they had. I thought we then took control again and could have won it."

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer

Dominated FC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by wizkitvick(m): 11:38am On Aug 20, 2019
Chrisus:
Lingard should never start ahead of Gomes in that number 10 role again. No be rocket science, but Ole dey do like airhead.

I won't be surprised (but very pained) if Gomes leaves on a free next summer.
Have said it several times without number.... OGS won't drop lingard even if he performed more worse than this

OGS needs to have sense as it won't turn out great for him starting that beans all the time, he needs to stay out of the goddamn match day for 3 consecutive matches maybe he will have sense

Imagine not scoring or assisting a goal since January and he kept using the deadwood

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by wizkitvick(m): 11:49am On Aug 20, 2019
GloryIsaac:

The improvement in defense was so evident with the way players confidently passed the ball back to build up play.

I just didn't like how Luke Shaw took of advantage of it to in reducing his attacking prowess... he passed it back a lot even when there was a possibility of attacking.

Mourinho was actually right when he said he (Mourinho) makes the decision while Shaw body executes it

Yesterday on different occasions he will just stand for seconds looking clueless and not knowing where to pass the ball

A serious competition is needed for him to have sense
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2019
Adama was introduced to keep Shaw back and it worked. I expected OGS to move James to the left and Rashford to the right.
AWB needed no help defensively, so we should have moved our attack overload to right side while James aided Shaw to push back Adama.
Mata sub was a waste of aces.
Dalot should take Young's spot on the bench at least, this is pure foolishness.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2019
nihilistjnr:

You're right.

That ball wey the guy baloon go pluto, whoscored dey fear to even call am cross -Them say na long ball. grin

Valencia don go rebrand for Congo grin grin grin

Valencia that once won the highest Assist in the EPL from open play?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2019
GloryIsaac:

The improvement in defense was so evident with the way players confidently passed the ball back to build up play.

I just didn't like how Luke Shaw took of advantage of it to in reducing his attacking prowess... he passed it back a lot even when there was a possibility of attacking.

One of his shortcomings I spotted last season. His lack of flair with his one foot is a liability to his forward passing and it hinders the team's build up play. If he is blocked from advancing along the line, he is mostly going to reverse or square pass. Evra and Giggs were never like that. Young was never like that. Under Gaal Young became our most unpredictable player going into the final third. He gave some too under Moutinho and necessitated his call up to the Three Lions for world cup.

Shaw also gives the opposing number 7 too much space. When you look at the stats you would say he was not dribbled past, only because he didnt go to tackle his man. But I will still give him benefit of doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Ole will rather play Pereira in the hole, than cancel that Pogba-McTominay partnership.

Or even Gomes.
Anything to remove Lingard from the team. I hate that guy...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nihilistjnr: 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Daniel James plays like a prime Valencia

Prime Valencia kwa grin grin grin grin

Valencia get prime? I am deceased

My brother, 1 million times zero na zero o cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
Our play is too slow and there is nothing a number 10 can do. The opponent regroups in their own third while we are still making safe and slow passing in midfield. We cannot go anywhere with this kind of style coming from stiff players. The ones that have skills to pass are too slow. Pogba and Mata.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Prime Valencia kwa grin grin grin grin

Valencia get prime? I am deceased

My brother, 1 million times zero na zero o cheesy

The times he was on his prime we won the EPL. He was benching Nani sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:32pm On Aug 20, 2019
airmark:

This should be delivered to afrodoc2 by either eph12 or oasis007.
Perez has not slept since he wasted money on the twerker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2019
eph12:

Perez has not slept since he wasted money on the twerker

You no see as Perez dey follow Barca drag Neymar? cheesy
The guy don sabi say the Hazard wey him buy no be follow come.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2019
spillo1:

What do you mean by solid? How many chances did he create yesterday or is it the side to side passes that is confusing you.
He controlled the midfield. There are some positions you play and you don't ask for chances created
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 12:49pm On Aug 20, 2019
eph12:

He controlled the midfield. There are some positions you play and you don't ask for chances created
you don't have to explain 1+1 to everybody, I no know why you just de disturb urself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:49pm On Aug 20, 2019
2011/2012

Top Assists in the EPL

Silva 33 starts (15 Assists)
Valencia 22 starts (13 Assists)
Mata 29 starts (13 Assists)

Valencia gave all his Assists from open play which made him the highest on that rating. He also was the highest on per minutes played. He added 4 goals that season. Won Manchester United player of the season.

Valencia received the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year and the Manchester United Players' Player of the Year awards for his contributions in the 2011–12 season. He also won the Manchester United Goal of the Season award for his goal against Blackburn Rovers on 2 April 2012.

He once had a peak. Also his first season. But his leg break caused a calamity

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
Epistles fc!
Ayagayagayooooooo fc cheesy cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjEFGpnkL38

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
afrodoc2:

You no see as Perez dey follow Barca drag Neymar? cheesy
The guy don sabi say the Hazard wey him buy no be follow come.
Even airmark knows that what's happening in Madrid, Spain is a disgrace. I mean they both play the left wing and Perez is bidding over 200m for Neymar. I won't be surprised to see Hazard out of the season on injury if Neymar makes the move to Madrid
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:01pm On Aug 20, 2019
weedtaker:
you don't have to explain 1+1 to everybody, I no know why you just de disturb urself.
no vex. some times I no sabi ignore some things
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2019
larride:

@ bolded, is this not what we are saying that some said we are wailing? grin

If you concentrate on the negativities only and plow on, it’s wailing. You need to add some POSITIVES grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Na true sef, Dalot never show face for match... hope OGS no wan assassinate am?! angry

He’s not ready. Not solid defensively and his offensive play is not enough to earn him a starting position. They’re working on him.

In summary, I don’t know why he hasn’t played. He’s been left out of the squad for both games this season. Just like egbon Smalling
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:27pm On Aug 20, 2019
Leyqute:

If you concentrate on the negativities only and plow on, it’s wailing. You need to add some POSITIVES grin

grin

You know after the final whistle, emotions are always high and most times, it’s those things that were not done which make us not to get maximum point that will be discussed.

After everything calm down, we can now analyze everything in full.

I actually got the 88 mins sub correct. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:33pm On Aug 20, 2019
diggz:
Epistles fc!
Ayagayagayooooooo fc cheesy cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjEFGpnkL38
even those without more points than the number of balls in a scrotal sac is trolling?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2019
larride:

grin

You know after the final whistle, emotions are always high and most times, it’s those things that were not done which make us not to get maximum point that will be discussed.

After everything calm down, we can now analyze everything in full.

I actually got the 88 mins sub correct. cool

grin

Yeah. That wasn’t wise. Should’ve been 80 or at most 83min.

Top 4 at least. It’s achievable. Let’s see how we play Crystal Palace this weekend.

Na with fire and brimstone we suppose approach that match.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 1:38pm On Aug 20, 2019
I just hope they reconsider loaning of Sanchez out. We might need him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2019
Leyqute:

grin

Yeah. That wasn’t wise. Should’ve been 80 or at most 83min.

Top 4 at least. It’s achievable. Let’s see how we play Crystal Palace this weekend.

Na with fire and brimstone we suppose approach that match.

We are definitely beating Palace. I have no doubt about that.

My major concern has always been lack of replacement for the players that left. The squad is very thin and I already know Lingard or Mata can’t be trusted. Even D. James does not seem ready. I want to see more of Greenwood, Gomez, Chong and the likes. Seeing Lingard again n again irks the hell out of me.

Also, I pray Ole improves on his in-game management, it seems he get confused or clueless when things are not going as planned.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2019
Sniper4real:
I just hope they reconsider loaning of Sanchez out. We might need him

Yes oo, Sanchez might just be what we need behind the striker at least till we buy a quality replacement in the TW.

Loaning him out when the squad is very thin doesn’t make seem, we are just weakening the squad the more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:55pm On Aug 20, 2019
ChristineC:
even those without more points than the number of balls in a scrotal sac is trolling?
even if one egg burst and season end today, Scrotal sac fc go still top them. cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
larride:

We are definitely beating Palace. I have no doubt about that.

My major concern has always been lack of replacement for the players that left. The squad is very thin and I already know Lingard or Mata can’t be trusted. Even D. James does not seem ready. I want to see more of Greenwood, Gomez, Chong and the likes. Seeing Lingard again n again irks the hell out of me.

Also, I pray Ole improves on his in-game management, it seems he get confused or clueless when things are not going as planned.

The quality of his subs started going downhill after that PSG victory. I sincerely hope he fixes things up.

The squad is thin but with those kids it won’t be. Don’t know how long it’ll take him to “ease them in”. The season is still long sha.

Maybe we’ll have to get a player or two in in January.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2019
Leyqute:

The quality of his subs started going downhill after that PSG victory. I sincerely hope he fixes things up.

The squad is thin but with those kids it won’t be. Don’t know how long it’ll take him to “ease them in”. The season is still long sha.

Maybe we’ll have to get a player or two in in January.

I pray we do.

I don’t want to hear about any English talent. angry

Thoughts on Sanchez staying and utilized in the no 10 role?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2019
How...Why is Rashford still taking freekicks? You have 2/3 6 foot players in the box waiting for a cross yet you still dey play this kind rubbish....every single time.

He hasn't even scored a freekick since that lucky one at Cardiff back in December. Sometimes i just wonder if Ole throws these guys on the pitch and tells them to go and do whatever they want undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
larride:

I pray we do.

I don’t want to hear about any English talent. angry

Thoughts on Sanchez staying and utilized in the no 10 role?

LMAO grin grin grin

Seun LongStaff loading.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6946) (6947) (6948) (6949) (6950) (6951) (6952) ... (14184) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.